The Newest Evolution Is Here: The Daz Season Pass!

Comments

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

gsil247 said:

certaintree38 said:

Please don't treat us like we have stupid tattooed on our forehead. 

I will only call the person stupid to whomever buys the silver season pass for $250. Unless the tutorial offered is, 'how to get first place in our contest.' 

lol :P  I'm not saying that people who buy the pass are stupid.... just that trying to tell us that they're going to use our art in marketing and that's new and a favor to us treats us like we are. 

• WandererWanderer Posts: 956

Darkwolf92 said:

Maaaaaan. Come on DAZ.....go back to who and what you used to represent. This to me seems as nothing more than a HUGE cash grab. *SMH* 

Ditto 

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited April 2021

Response deleted.

Post edited by Jason Galterio on
  • AHArtAHArt Posts: 202

Jason Galterio said:

Well, I took the plunge. But I am a sucker for the random boxes and grab bags.

Nice Flair wink 

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 4,979
    edited April 2021
    For me PC+ is a step too far into guessing what I get for my money. This gamble is really something I could never do even if the price were not so high.
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    edited April 2021

Ati said:

@Daz_Jessica How are pro bundles going to work? Do people with a seasonal pass get a bigger discount, since they already get the base character?

This. Like many, if I am interested in the character I will generally buy the bundle instead of just the character. So, how will the season pass affect the price of the bundles? If I want the bundle will I loose much of the benefit of having the Season Pass?

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,037

Normally I get a bundle between 40 and 50 bucks INCLUDING the HD addon.

Now, DAZs asks me to pay in advance 30 bucks (150/5 = 30) for a base character including the HD addon, without the bundle. And I don't even know IF I'd like the character.

Maybe I would get 10% to 20% extra discount for owning the base character, if I want to buy the bundle. But this still sounds like a bad deal for me - paying $30 for a a 20% discount.

I miss the old pro bundles, with great deals, all new items and just one release instead of splitting up the bundle into two over different days *sigh*.

Please DAZ, convince that the session is worth the money. The pass would work for me, e.g. if the bundles would be included.

If you determind the value of the bundle because of the early access, the forum pledge, the contest and the webinar... than the pass is not for me. Because all of these perks are worthless for me.

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026

Dear DAZ, I am a happy PC+ member and I see great value in that model for me. I am not into these recent novelty cash grabs.

Cryptocurrency promotion? Something too akin to lootboxes for comfort? No, thanks. Really. No, thank you very much. Hard pass from me. What is next? Subscription model for Daz Studio?

How about you invest resources into fixing the products you actually sell, instead? Or... or... maybe even fixing your own online shop?

• GeoffreyHawkinsGeoffreyHawkins Posts: 255
    edited April 2021

Okay, I'm totally confused.

DAZ has essentially trained me to engage in bargain-driven purchasing--my goal is to essentially to never pay more than $5 per item, averaged out over the transaction, or occassionally multiple transactions.  It means I usually stay about 6 months to a year behind the curve--but not always.  I can pick up plenty of new products as well, as long as I carefully navigate the sales, coupons, etc.

Now they want me to pay $150 for 5 base characters (+ HD add-ons) of their choosing, and two other products of their choosing.  If you don't include the "free" items, that's $30 each for the character/HD combos.  I typically purchase entire character bundles of my choosing, when I can get the sale prices down below $20 each.

I can see some value in tutorials, but again, the subject is of their choosing.  Paying for the privlidge to enter a contest? Zero value.

And the price of the whole package increases over time, but the products and benefits remain the same?  

Seriously, I don't get it.  What am I missing?

Post edited by GeoffreyHawkins on
  • gsil247gsil247 Posts: 221

certaintree38 said:

gsil247 said:

certaintree38 said:

Please don't treat us like we have stupid tattooed on our forehead. 

I will only call the person stupid to whomever buys the silver season pass for $250. Unless the tutorial offered is, 'how to get first place in our contest.' 

lol :P  I'm not saying that people who buy the pass are stupid.... just that trying to tell us that they're going to use our art in marketing and that's new and a favor to us treats us like we are. 

I know what you meant. I'm just trying to have a good laugh at all this. All we can do is laugh at the offer.  

edited April 2021

GeoffreyHawkins said:

I have been enlightened. I understand it now!

You're buying the right to give DAZ your money. devil

Post edited by Hurdy3D on
  • Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited April 2021

Response deleted.

Post edited by Jason Galterio on
  • SeraSera Posts: 1,675

GeoffreyHawkins said:

Okay, I'm totally confused.

DAZ has essentially trained me to engage in bargain-driven purchasing--my goal is to essentially to never pay more than $5 per item, averaged out over the transaction, or occassionally multiple transactions.  It means I usually stay about 6 months to a year behind the curve--but not always.  I can pick up plenty of new products as well, as long as I carefully navigate the sales, coupons, etc.

Now they want me to pay $150 for 5 base characters (+ HD add-ons) of their choosing, and two other products of their choosing.  If you don't include the "free" items, that's $30 each for the character/HD combos.  I typically purchase entire character bundles of my choosing, when I can get the sale prices down below $20 each.

I can see some value in tutorials, but again, the subject is of their choosing.  Paying for the privlidge to enter a contest? Zero value.

And the price of the whole package increases over time, but the products and benefits remain the same?  

I wouldn't be surprised if the price increased and the contents of the package got smaller. After all, once a character is released, it would not be included in future pass purchases. What sense that makes, I don't know. It's just what I foresee. 

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458

I need to see a product first before I purchase these days... that's just the way it is.

Sure, I'll miss out on some juicy savings, but if I don't actually want half of the characters then it will balance itself out.

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569
    edited April 2021

Well, a really well educated move. First, ruin the trust in Daz by ignoring product quality, then by issiung NFT's. And then ask for customer loyalty with a season pass. 

The idea of a season pass is nice, the offer as such is sound. BUT: 

• can I opt out of one character, to get another one? I.e. if I am just not in any male or female character? (e.g. you opt out of char #5 and get the option to #6?)
    • what are those "2 free items"? Do they have a minimum value?

I think Daz has lost quite a lot in customer goodwill and trust. That NFT stunt did not help much either. And the promo on the store site is not really helpful. It creates a lot of ambiguity (i.e. are the characters free? What happens with bundle discounts?). Again, daz is lacking clear, concise, unambigous communication.

Post edited by Mark_e593e0a5 on
  • Daz_JessicaDaz_Jessica Posts: 155

Charlie Judge said:

Ati said:

@Daz_Jessica How are pro bundles going to work? Do people with a seasonal pass get a bigger discount, since they already get the base character?

This. Like many, if I am interested in the character I will generally buy the bundle instead of just the character. So, how will the season pass affect the price of the bundles? If I want the bundle will I loose much of the benefit of having the Season Pass?

Yes! Owners of the season pass will get discounts on the bundles that include the figures unlocked by the pass. We've done this for quite a while for people who own pieces of bundles that have released. 

• Well, that's easy - nope.  With $900, I could probably clear up more of my 300+ item wishlist, none of which involves characters newer than G3.  Or, better, take my hobby-money elsewhere, as Daz seems to be less and less my sort of place. :-(

• brainmuffinbrainmuffin Posts: 1,142

I don't see the value of spending that kind of money every 3 months.

Daz_Jessica said:

Charlie Judge said:

Ati said:

Yes! Owners of the season pass will get discounts on the bundles that include the figures unlocked by the pass. We've done this for quite a while for people who own pieces of bundles that have released. 

really? you are really asking us for spending $30 per character in advance to get a 10% to 20% discount for the bundle? surprise

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited April 2021

Its just my opinion. But Daz may get more people participating in the forums & Galleries. If the forum & Gallery moderators lighten up a bit and stop being such prima-donna's and remove just about everything. 

So now days I make my voice heard  with my wallet & I sure cut my spending  & posting stuff here at daz in the last few months because of the BS .  Nothing says we want your business more than receiving a email  " We removed your comment or gallery post for {Insert ridiculous excuse here } 

Want the secret to more business Maybe try improving CS  so it does not take 6 weeks to get a reply from CS and lighten up on the heavy handed gallery and forum moderation already.  Its a real turn off to your users

Post edited by Ivy on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639

Bundle quality decreased; so, people bought the characters sans bundles. Rather than improve the bundles to their Genesis 3 & early Genesis 8 level, we get this alternative? And we'll probably get a $20 banner credit off the bundle for owning the character and the HD after paying $30 for them. 

• TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,148

Vaguely interesting, but I don't need more characters, I need more clothes and since this looks like just 5 base characters and their HD, the other stuff just doesn't have much pull. Now if it were 5 bundles, different story.  But pretty much $30 each for 5 unkown base characters + HD addons, and 2 random freebies just seems a bit much.  The forum flair is meaningless, and I've little patience for webinars, and none for contests.

• BlueFingersBlueFingers Posts: 824
    edited April 2021

Come to think of it,...I have enough characters, and I really am not too interested in a mystery character who might not fit my style.

Post edited by BlueFingers on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    edited April 2021

Daz_Jessica said:

Charlie Judge said:

Ati said:

Ah yes. But in the past those have been old items and didn't reduce the bundle price by anything near the cost of the item. In this case the charactyers will be new so will the bundle cost be reduced by the full cost of the character ? If not I still could be loosing a lot of the benefits of the season pass. 

For example if the bundle is $50 and I get 10% off for owning an item, then the value of the pass is only $5 per bundle which is not enough to jusify my getting the pass.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

BlueFingers said:

Come to think of it,...I have enough characters, and I really am not too interested in a mystery character who might not fit my style.

Exactly. That#s why opting out of a character would be nice. Opt out of char #5 to receive #6 in exchange (or a store credit, if nothing fits) That would give both parties quite a bit of flexibility. Daz will have the payment upfront, and the customer still has osme choice. Win-win. But I do expect more a loose-loose....

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited April 2021

...hmm already a no sale here as I stopped at G3. Don't need 8.1 characters I can't use because I have old hardware that doesn't take full advantage of the newer features of the Daz programme and prefer to stay with an older version of it that's been stable as a rock ever since I installed it.  The only new releases I bother with these days are sets, props, and shader content (not including clothing textures).  

@Jack Tomalin ...thank you for the confirmation.  That was also one of the questions I had at first as well. 

Hmm, 149$ for 2 months for icons by my name in the forums, free content I have little interest in, and "priority" entry into challenges where I might win a GC against artists far better than myself who have more software tools and newer advanced hardware at their disposal.  That would pay about three and a half months of power bills that keep my workstations running.  Nah I'll stick to PC+, I'm fine enough with 5 freebies a month and special PC+ deals/discounts.  

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • AbyssalErosAbyssalEros Posts: 289

gerster said:

really? you are really asking us for spending $30 per character in advance to get a 10% to 20% discount for the bundle? surprise

I do not believe we are talking here about a 20% discount. At max, it will be 10%.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,402

richardandtracy said:

For me PC+ is a step too far into guessing what I get for my money. This gamble is really something I could never do even if the price were not so high.

PC+ usually works because of the monthly coupons, PC+ pricing, and the added discounts on the big festivals. The weekly freebies are hit and miss, largely depends on your love of foliage. angel Plus, if you're patient and you watch, you can get a good-to-great discount on the buy-in.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,402

As for the loot box approach and all that, my no-vote is not terribly significant. I'm not the target for that sort of promotion.

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,018

TBH Daz already monetizes like an MMO cash shop (not a criticism). I always wondered if they had someone aboard who had worked in MTX.

My work did a version of this that was really popular, set up in the same way (costs more if you buy it later,ect.) but it was a solid discount over buying all the stuff separately and we told people up front exactly what they'd get in every drop.