Finding my posts

pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,538
edited May 2012 in The Commons

THE OLD SITE

Click on the button that shows my posts.

THE NEW SITE

Look for the button that is no longer there.

Curse out programmers that eliminate good features.

Hope that search works on this version.

Curse out programmers that can't get technology that has been around for decades to work.

Look for the advanced search button.

Curse out programmers that hide features that are standard on most website forums.

Putz around for a quarter hour figuring out where the advanced search is.

Eureka! Type random BS into the search field.

Go to the site location (Home / Forum Home / Advanced Search / Search Results)

Click on advanced search

Curse out programmers that don't put titles on all the fields.

Guess that the unnamed field is to search by member name.

Enter my name & hit search

No joy

Thanks DAZ

Edited to remove over-sized images http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/510_98/

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Click on profile, under your name on the left of the screen, Click on "View all posts by this member" up there on the left, under your Member Group

• was wondering actually where to find them myself lol

AS this thread was made well over 6 years agao   the instructions given are out of date, as the software has changed for the forum

• You can find your threads ("Discussions") by clicking the gear icon at top-right of any page. If you want posts you have to go to your profile page, click the gear icon at nearly top-right (on the same line as your name) and select Your Posts.

• was wandering this myself

edited November 2020

On the blueish line at the top of the page, at the far right of that line  pretend you can still see the gear icon and click on it.   On the drop Down list you will see  "My Discussions"   this leads to all the threads you have started. Below this it gives your name, click on that and it leads to another page which is your profile.  It is on that page that you again need to pretend you can see the gear icon  which is a sort of blueish square shape at the moment  and this is what enables you to seea list of all your posts. when clicked on. amongst other things.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    Chohole said:

On the blueish line at the top of the page, at the far right of that line  pretend you can still see the gear icon and click on it.   On the drop Down list you will see  "My Discussions"   this leads to all the threads you have started. Below this it gives your name, click on that and it leads to another page which is your profile.  It is on that page that you again need to pretend you can see the gear icon  which is a sort of blueish square shape at the moment  and this is what enables you to seea list of all your posts. when clicked on. amongst other things.

I find it a bit quicker to simple click on what was once a gear icon and at the moment is a square box (what Chohole described) this gives a drop down box click on your user name which takes you to a profile page click on the white square in the little blue box and then you can go to your threads or posts