The new Centaur 'n stuff thread - reloaded

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
    edited December 1969

Very cool JOdel, I think there is a Genesis fit ......... I think AdamR00 did it ...... Check the first page of this thread ,and I'll go double check and see if I can find where I got it from

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

Well the postwork wasn't all that arduous. I used one of Helfish Studio's Faunus skins which goes into fur at the hip. I did still need to blend the horse texture into it, though. That, and using the liquify tool to taper the top of the hip bones a bit. That was about it.

• Hemi426Hemi426 Posts: 210
    edited December 1969

Okay, I have one question.

When you talk about a Genesis Version, what would be the preferred shape of Genesis for a centaur morph? Every morph that changes the hip shape would require a specific morph for the horse neck. I have a modified work flow that allows me to modify the whole mesh in Hexagon, so I could try this on DAZ Horse 2. But keep in mind I primarily use Poser...

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

Ideally I should think that a specific "Centaur" morph would consist of just the legs and feet visibility off and a hip morphed to fit the horse neck -- regardless of whatever preset shape the base figure had applied. The abdomen and abdomen2 area would probably need be used as transition areas in the case of extreme morphs like the Freak. Getting the modified figure to fit the horse would be a matter of scaling.

Of course you would need a Centaur morph for the horse as well to change the shape of the neck, and possibly to shift the position so the human torso is erect rather than leaning forward.

And you would need to specify *which* horse the morph was for. And whether it's the horse or the foal (or the unicorn).

There is discussion of a future Centaur on the "other site" (no not Rendo) but it will probably be months before it materializes and it won't be built with Genesis in mind. Or V4/M4.

edited July 2014

hemi426 said:

When you talk about a Genesis Version, what would be the preferred shape of Genesis for a centaur morph? Every morph that changes the hip shape would require a specific morph for the horse neck. I have a modified work flow that allows me to modify the whole mesh in Hexagon, so I could try this on DAZ Horse 2. But keep in mind I primarily use Poser...

Hi there you Poser user you!! I would think if you made the Genesis morph off the base Genesis first....... or I was looking at how you did the MilHorse1 centaur morph ,would it be possible to squeeze the horse2 neck in such a way that it merges into the human hip/abdomen??Did that make sense??
    I think JoDel is right that there will be a centaur,from Hivewire based on their horse and Dawn figure ......don't know when though,and for me it would not be something I would get, I'm not doing Dawn ........but a Centaur morph for the Hivewire horse that would enable people(me) to useV4,M4,Genesis,Genesis2 M-F, with it would be totally welcome (in my opinion)

Oooops so am I coming across as the world so revolves around me or what !!LOL!!!

Post edited by carrie58 on
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    hemi426 said:

Hi there you Poser user you!! I would think if you made the Genesis morph off the base Genesis first....... or I was looking at how you did the MilHorse1 centaur morph ,would it be possible to squeeze the horse2 neck in such a way that it merges into the human hip/abdomen??Did that make sense??
    I think JoDel is right that there will be a centaur,from Hivewire based on their horse and Dawn figure ......don't know when though,and for me it would be something I would get ........but a Centaur morph for the Hivewire horse that would enable people(me) to useV4,M4,Genesis,Genesis2 M-F, with it would be totally welcome (in my opinion)

Oooops so am I coming across as the world so revolves around me or what !!LOL!!!

Yes, I am talking about the DAZ Horse 2 in Combination with V4/M4 and maybe Genesis. The technique is always the same as with my well known morphs for the MillHorse. Morph chest and neck so that it will fit the human torso. Create a transmap to blend in the coat with the human skin. The turn it into injection and material poses.

Just for curiosity I tried my new workflow on the Hivewire horse and Dawn yesterday and it turned out that it works as well. So if there no one is willing to make a V4/M4 centaur morph for the Hivewire horse, maybe I would jump the gap.

edited July 2014

Yep I would so love your centaur morph for DAZ Horse2 ,and honestly I think if you do the fits for V4,M4,F4 etc. then really those should work for any of the Genesis morphs .......and really abit of post work never hurt any body!!
    Ummm, Hemi , so would your centaur morph of the HiveWire Horse work with the 3D Universe toon Horse morph???or would you have to make the centaur morph from the Toon morph???Definitely would like the centaur morph for the HiveWire Horse.!!

edited July 2014

carrie58 said:
    Yep I would so love your centaur morph for DAZ Horse2 ,and honestly I think if you do the fits for V4,M4,F4 etc. then really those should work for any of the Genesis morphs .......and really abit of post work never hurt any body!!
    Ummm, Hemi , so would your centaur morph of the HiveWire Horse work with the 3D Universe toon Horse morph???or would you have to make the centaur morph from the Toon morph???Definitely would like the centaur morph for the HiveWire Horse.!!

I do not own the Toon Horse for the Hivewire horse, so I cannot tell at the moment....

And I have to check if my technique works on the horse 2. I never altered a DSON imported figure. When I export from Poser I end up with a quite low poly mesh. Not sure how Poser behaves when I try to load the edited geometry as a morph target.

Post edited by Hemi426 on
    edited July 2014

Hmmm since I don't know squat about morphing and I don't use Poser ,I wish I knew how to help.I do know that when the Genesis figure is exported it has to be dropped to it's base resolution.( I read alot) So is that any help??

edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Ideally I should think that a specific "Centaur" morph would consist of just the legs and feet visibility off and a hip morphed to fit the horse neck -- regardless of whatever preset shape the base figure had applied. The abdomen and abdomen2 area would probably need be used as transition areas in the case of extreme morphs like the Freak. Getting the modified figure to fit the horse would be a matter of scaling.

Of course you would need a Centaur morph for the horse as well to change the shape of the neck, and possibly to shift the position so the human torso is erect rather than leaning forward.

And you would need to specify *which* horse the morph was for. And whether it's the horse or the foal (or the unicorn).

There is discussion of a future Centaur on the "other site" (no not Rendo) but it will probably be months before it materializes and it won't be built with Genesis in mind. Or V4/M4.

With Genesis what I've found works is scaling the legs ,feet and toes ,individually to 0 ,rather then visibility turned off .And I just scale the hips to fit the horse neck rather then a morph.

• sjstansbury519sjstansbury519 Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Hey Guys, I'm new to using DAZ and I am wondering if you guys could point me in the direction of some horse skins for my millenium horse so I can have more of a variety of breeds to make differant centaurs.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Hey Guys, I'm new to using DAZ and I am wondering if you guys could point me in the direction of some horse skins for my millenium horse so I can have more of a variety of breeds to make differant centaurs.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/37678/browse/11/Poser/SM-Fantasy-Leopard-Inverse
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/37661/browse/11/Poser/SM-Fantasy-Tiger-Horse
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/30524/browse/11/Poser/Indian-Painted-Pony-MilHorse-Texture

edited December 1969

Also if you go to ShaeCG click on Poser ,personaland commercial use ,and then on animals and just scroll through there are alot of textures for the MilHorse .......http://www.sharecg.com/b/11/Poser

• McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

gulan7 said:
    Wow, nice. First 3 are great :) Elf looks really good btw.

Oh? Thanks, but what's wrong with the other two? The white one scratching is Hemi's TeenTaur V4, and I'd forgot to 'clean' the joining before rendering. By that, I mean tweaking the dials to close that gap between human skin and horse hair. The other with rider is Moonshadow, an earlier character I created and saved. She and around a dozen other 'Taurs as well as some Gen4 Elven types are characters in a book I will slowly get written. And illustrated.
    Here's another of the 'TeenTaur'. One of Hemi's kits.

G4_teenCentaur_Xai_010.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 483K
  • DreamWeeverDreamWeever Posts: 157
    edited December 1969

http://attic.thefantasiesattic.com/freebies/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=91&zenid=8ef7e2dab22b21be092d3a3308e04457
    These are for the Millennium horse, there were meant to be a lot more but lost all the work files to a HD crash
    edited July 2014

Oh no. So sorry to hear that Alex. Good to see ya, poor circumstance tho. I don't know if it's a help, but I have 29 of your items for the MilHorse. If you want them I can get them up to you somehow. OK? The date for all of them is September 2009.
    Michael

Dreamweevers.jpg
    699 x 797 - 119K
    Post edited by McGrandpa on
    edited December 1969

McGrandpa said:
    Oh no. So sorry to hear that Alex. Good to see ya, poor circumstance tho. I don't know if it's a help, but I have 29 of your items for the MilHorse. If you want them I can get them up to you somehow. OK? The date for all of them is September 2009.
    Michael

Good to see you too :) Thanks good to know some one still has all the old coats :) I think I still have those on a disk some where but had been in the middle of redoing and up dating them all and making new ones, there were about 300 in various stages of work lol.
    edited December 1969

Wow, 300 or so! Whew! You been busy. And I got really behind in everything. Thought I could catch up but nope. I see the thing to do is just get back in and go from there. :-) Hard to believe I lost around 4 years. Sheesh!
    McG.

edited December 1969

Yeah, I have got behind a bit too. If I can find some money I may be able to get the data back of the HD so wont have to start from scratch but its not cheap and income is not what it was these days

edited December 1969

So Hemi, will you make a centaur morph for Horse2?

edited December 1969

Okay so anyway here is MilHorse and Genesis, and MilH GenesisCentuar HorseTrader

Centaur_for_Shante.jpg
    1296 x 946 - 816K
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,247
    edited December 1969

Nice work

edited December 1969

Thank you Robert!!

• Tiger Lee ArtsTiger Lee Arts Posts: 41
    edited September 2014

hello hemi i like what i am seeing so far. keep up the great work. your newest fan. today is frist time i have seen this love it so far just have to get use to how to use it now. And the v4 morphs for this work well on genesis and one genesis 2 male and female with a little twiking. when i have finish my picture i will post it here for you to see thanks would love to see it for horse2.

Post edited by Tiger Lee Arts on
    edited December 1969

here is my frist picture wuth your centaur morphs thanks alot.

Thinking_Of_Father_CR.jpg
    1036 x 689 - 188K
    edited December 1969

Very nice Leela

edited September 2014

The White Centaur
    both picture i used genisis 2 female they take a little teaking but look great. please make morph for horse 2. love these so far.

The_White_Centaur_CR.jpg
    1036 x 689 - 180K
    Post edited by Tiger Lee Arts on
  • shanteshante Posts: 206
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    Okay so anyway here is MilHorse and Genesis, and MilH GenesisCentuar HorseTrader

Like the fact you made the centaur smaller than the horse overall. Seems "right" proportion in this case.

edited December 1969

Thanks Shante

edited December 1969

this centaur was done with horse2 and gf2 I use your trans map and mod it for horse2 and used your v4 morph witch works on gf2 as well and just did some tweaking. for horse 2 I just work on the neck and resize the different angles till I got it to fit. but thanks for the trans map and all the hard work you did with v4 and the horse it guided me in the right way. thanks a lot.

Centuar_Hunter_CR.jpg
    602 x 689 - 103K