Good by dear departed blue Friend, Jaderail, Jeff.

ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
edited July 2014 in Art Studio

I felt I needed to do this, after missing him dearly last night. He touched a lot of peoples hearts, and will be missed dearly. As SpyroRue put it so elegantly in this thread, when the sad, devastating news broke.
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/44104/

There are many that for whatever reason, are not able to attend hiss funeral, So I offer this thread for people to morn his passing. Visit, Post, or just take a moment of silence in his honer. It is the most that I can offer at this time, as a beginner to CG that he helped immensely along with so many others.

I invite anyone to post renders or photos of there dear departed friend here, All I ask is that you do so in the utmost respect of Jeff's family and friends.

There are so many individual posts spread all over this community with excellent renders, and it is difficult to track them all down. So as far as I am concerned, post away even if it is posted elsewhere. Even if All you can muster, is a link to the post, it is OK. I know how difficult it can be, to make a post with eyes full of tears.

We miss you so much Jeff, and will never forget your kindness, helpfulness, and your loving heart. We were blessed by your presence and endless desire to give a helping hand, and your absence will be noticed by so many you have touched.

Goodby dear departed blue friend, Jaderail, Jeffery J. Webb. I miss you so much, along with so many others.

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810
    edited December 1969

I did so many Jaderail renders for Jeff's amusement when he was alive
    no desire to render him gone
    but will reshare here for all as many are in Members only

tornado.gif
    400 x 600 - 9M
    edited July 2014

many rather big as gif animations

gagged2.png
    871 x 1127 - 1M
    Easter_Drow.jpg
    1545 x 2000 - 2M
    Drowdo_hair.png
    2000 x 1756 - 4M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited July 2014

some were done for reasons not evident now

Jaderfurresize.jpg
    1545 x 2000 - 2M
    J.gif
    480 x 480 - 8M
  • kalazarkalazar Posts: 415
    edited December 1969

I just was very sad. Jeff gave me a lot of good advise over esp this past year.Sighhhhhhh......

Mourning

DrowDead3G00d_(1097_x_1551)Myst.JPG
    1097 x 1551 - 710K
    edited December 1969

lonely_Drow.png
    1545 x 2000 - 6M
    missing_Drow2.jpg
    1000 x 2000 - 1M
    missing_Drow1.jpg
    1000 x 2000 - 1M
    trashed.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 840K
    edited July 2014

sadly things come to pass later unforseen

anti-aliased.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
    attack.gif
    400 x 500 - 2M
    angelic.gif
    250 x 300 - 7M
    edited December 1969

Jaderail_Glamour_boi.png
    1298 x 1835 - 1M
    party_jade.gif
    400 x 400 - 4M
    cheers.gif
    500 x 500 - 4M
  • ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 1969

Thank you Kalazar and wendy♥catz for sharing these outstanding renders here for others to remember Jeff by. I'm sure he would love all of the ones posted thus far, and the ones yet to be posted. I'm hoping there will be many more additions to this thread, by Anyone that wants him to be remembered as a great teacher to those of us new to Daz Studio.

edited July 2014

out of context some of these look very odd
    I attempted Jeff himself too

Jeff.jpg
    1152 x 860 - 245K
    jaiderail.gif
    500 x 800 - 7M
    j_j.png
    1440 x 1080 - 2M
    edited July 2014

"""""""""""""""

drowdressup.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 769K
    sexyhair_Jaderail.gif
    320 x 400 - 9M
    edited December 1969

♥ ♥

House_forum_resize.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 953K
    hug.gif
    640 x 480 - 9M
    edited December 1969

♥♥

drag_on.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 1M
    Jaderail_assassin.gif
    300 x 600 - 8M
    edited December 1969

♥ ♥

postcount.gif
    500 x 500 - 7M
    Doc2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Jeff_and_Cecil.gif
    360 x 203 - 3M
    agh.jpg
    1545 x 2000 - 979K
    warm.gif
    500 x 281 - 2M
    dispair.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 3M
    edited December 1969

j_(2).gif
    640 x 480 - 9M
    edited December 1969

♥ ♥♥

m6J00000.gif
    284 x 400 - 6M
  • StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

I will contribute, I rendered this showing his picture being placed on the wall of my "pizza kitchen" thread here by my android chef.

Jaderail.jpg
    700 x 700 - 174K
    edited July 2014

I have a framed poster print of that render by Jeff on my bedroom wall

2014_03_08_12_45_28_894.jpg
    800 x 600 - 52K
  • StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

I have a framed poster print of that render by Jeff on my bedroom wall

that is just wonderful to see, Wendy. I hesitated when I was deciding which picture of his to choose, and I think this tells me that was the right one. It's cool to think you have a real life version of that picture hanging on your wall. All of your renders of his avatar (and Jeff himself) are great, made me smile to see gathered together.

edited July 2014

I remember seeing that at his Deviant Art site, really nice pic of his avatar.
    http://jaderail.deviantart.com/art/Genesis-Jaderail-343767329

(edit)
    Thanks Storypilot for sharing that render. I am without words with the real picture in the frame Wendy, That is so nice and a keeper.

genesis_jaderail_by_jaderail-d5oo4kh.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    edited July 2014

I've debated long enough, and after viewing all the excellent renders and photos so far. Thanks wendy♥catz, Kalazar, and Storypilot for your excellent contributions to his memory.

It’s a mater of moral obligation with the “Personal” part of PM, and the obligation to respect it. They were private messages between me and him. And at the same time, they were in his words, it was whom he is. To help others understand that Jeff was OK with some of the renders poking fun at his avatar. Here is some of his sense of humor from some PM chats we had.

RE: names, you had the name.
    2014-04-24 07:24 AM
    Me; the product just didn’t end up there as well, probably. Gwyneth, has allot of daz and poser outfits/stuff, (Google search results). I don’t have her otherwise I’d post a screen-cap of the content-library path.
    Jaderail; Your fine my newish Friend. You helped as much as you could. I thank you very much for helping others as you can. I’m hoping to see you join us in the Art studio Forum soon with a thread of your renders. The Art Studio only lists in the BIG forum Home page, never in the Drop down Forum list. Come join us people in the know if your ready. Or have I just missed you?
    Me; I need to fix that computer first. Found two possible SSD choices to replace the 80GB x25-m, and a 2x8GB Ram kit. Win7pro64bit is going to be difficult from the looks of it. I’m not fond of the locked to the motherboard OEM. 10 days till I can click a ‘Buy Now’ button. I’m almost counting hours, lol.
    Jaderail; NICE!! You will be a power render type once your tools allow it. I can see that already.

RE: The Exile: Chapter One, typo I think?
    2014-06-27 03:19 AM
    Me; post 16, I followed the stream for the full night, it was joined *** my *** others from time to time forcing me to cross them often. by?
    my spelling is far from great, however I do know how embarrassing it can be to have typos escape the spellchecker. I’m reading on now.
    Jaderail; Damn it JIM! I’m an Artist not a novelist.. But yep thank you. There is MUCH you may catch and I do Plan to redo at some point. LOL.

RE: pre-light Q
    2014-07-02 11:20 AM
    Me; do you use any lights, or just the dash-cam-thing. and do you bother with test renders before setting up final lights? was that audiophile comment to harsh? should I remove it?
    Jaderail; LOL!! Your comment is fine as far as I’m concerned. And I use just about every light set sold, every light type sold or free as well, create my own setups from defaults and I do so many Test Renders that I’m often surprised I ever post a render, I just have to tweek things a little bit more or want to once I post a render even. I still have Scene Files that go all the way back to DAZ Studio 2. I doubt I’ll ever work on those again but I still have them.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

This is a brilliant thread, thank you for starting it Zarcondeegrissom :)

Over time I did allot of renders of, to and in collaboration with Jeff. One project was in the works and it went untitled, it came to be known as "The Formal" It was to be a joint render of from all the members of the 'house' group on skype and we planned to render our characters as alpha PNG's and he was to combine them all in a full scene. He posted his first outfit choice on his thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/563787/ We will honor him in completing this project at some stage. Wendy has suggested we complete it on his birthday in December.

My first render was a parody of Jaderail, rendered two years ago during the PC Sale. It was within a project I titled News7 So its fitting I repost his segment here.

I later participated in a render duel titled "Jaderail VS Spyro", which began with a comment from him http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/430633/ and most cherished sequence Ive ever done. He only hinted to the continuation of this battle, he was set back on the project with his new "Monster" computer, while I will never see the render, I know he would have made short work of my jungle pets :lol:

Its_an_animal_thing_Spyro.png
    1600 x 1150 - 2M
    HRes_Least_Of_Your_Worries.png
    1505 x 1038 - 2M
    News7_-_Episode_5_V2_shot_5.png
    1500 x 1190 - 1M
    News7_-_Episode_5_V2_shot_4.png
    1500 x 1190 - 2M
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited July 2014

A few others I did.

"Classy J" A fun experiment to play with :)

And "Missing drow" which was fairly recent. He was offline at the time due to a power outage. He sent lots of laughs my way :)

And Finally, my latest render, in memorial of a lost mentor and a brilliant friend. I Hope I did his character justice in this one, my intent was to create an empowering character card, and something that shared the loss I'm feeling and the loss that many many many more in the community also feel. I have made some banners from this render available here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/650216/ for those who would like them for their signature on the forum. (Full scale render: http://spyrorue.deviantart.com/art/Legend-470456598 )

Other than the completion of the house group "Formal" render he put in motion, I plan to do one more render, a farewell render from Spyro to Jaderail (Who in our RP world, he referred to him as 'Dad')

Legend_SpyroRue_ScaleDown.png
    1500 x 983 - 1M
    SR_MissingDrow.png
    1500 x 900 - 2M
    ClassyJ.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for sharing the renders SpyroRue, I particularly liked the news flash one. Especially after seeing the video by wendy♥catz about Lord Jaderail looking for his wigs and how he enjoyed that stuff.

There are some in the forum today chatting, and yet it seams kind of lonely. As Kirk described in a Star Trek movie (The Search for Spock),

and Enterprise feels like a house with all the children gone. No... more empty even than that.

I remember so many times locating a dozen tutorials about something, and none of them were for the current version of Daz Studio if not even for Studio at all. And he would always pull some thread out of the depths of time I hadn't found, that would not leave me completely confused. To be fair to others around, he is one of many that have helped me, and I do appreciate all of there kindness, patience, and help.

Perhaps tomorrow I will be able to do that lighting tutorial he pointed me to, without needing to leave the computer alone for a bit.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Some fantastic pics there, and a fitting tribute. I particularly had a good laugh at the "breakdancing" and the "boxing with lady with club".

Hmm, I wonder who wat might be...? ;-)

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Here's an older, lighthearted one, done for an RRRR contest. The idea, briefly, is that some Christmas elves are trying to capture him, but he's about to launch a counterattack. It's kind of an homage to/parody of his Exile story.

Exile-SilentNight-pw1.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 983K
    edited December 1969

Thank you Scott-Livingston for that render, it is a funny and good one.

Thanks SpottedKitty for drooping by. I remember something jokingly about a competition of posts between them. Seeing that did lift my spirits.

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited July 2014

After I heard the bad news about Jaderail, I had an image in mind where Jaderail now is shaking hands with another great Darkelf warrior ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc3oE7Kkdg0 ) from the fantasy game i´m stucked in with. I guess Jaderail would have liked that warrior.

But I had a very busy, exhausting month and my render machine is still crashing because of hardware problems.

The image attached was planned as an entry into the New Users Contest of May 2014. The working title was >Miss U<.<br /> Sadly I can´t do a render for Jaderail but the title says it all.

Hopefully Jaderail forgives me, that I can´t participate in the New Users Contest for the next time ...
    I only started participating in the New Users Contest because he convinced me.

Sorry for being a bit off topic, didn´t know where else to talk about the render I would like to do but can´t do it now.

MissU_WIP.jpg
    900 x 900 - 385K
    Post edited by MN-150374 on
    edited December 1969

MN-150374 said:
    Sorry for being a bit off topic, didn´t know where else to talk about the render I would like to do but can´t do it now.
    This one of the reasons I started this thread. The other one is with people talking, and there seamed to be no place to share pics in one place. I didn't want to fill that thread with hundreds of pics, so here this one is.

I had picked up a blue elf thinking of Jeff, and now I just don't know or desire, to do any thing with the figure for a bit. It will take some time for me to get there.

edited December 1969

Vocals by Jenifer Thigpen:
    "Please don't sing sad songs for me,
    Forget your grief and fears,
    For I am in a perfect place
    Away from pain and tears

It's far away from hunger
    And hurt and want and pride,
    I have a place in Heaven
    With the Master at my side."

I couldn't have put it better Cape Tranquillity. I know Jeff was into Rock-n-Role, yet this works for me.
    Thomas Bergersen - A place in heaven
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gknx-reNDRI