Good by dear departed blue Friend, Jaderail, Jeff.

Comments

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited July 2014

I asked Jeff one time how in the world did he have the patience to help people all the time....and he said he wanted everyone to enjoy creating art and being able to use Studio ....He helped me more than he will ever know just being a friend....and the joking around we did...he made me a better artist also.. and I will miss him as we all will......rest in peace Big Blue Helpy Guy.........Trish

Dark_Elf_and_her_Kitty3.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 691K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

That is a lovely image Trish.

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

I agree, really nice picture Trish.

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited July 2014

Thank you Trish for sharing that really nice render. I was not able to bring my self to use the Blue Elf, and I was unsure how to do the scene with others. Decided just on the boat, afraid of been accused of leaving some one out.

And as I type this, hello Kismet2012.

Thank you all for doing what you do best, and not giving up.

(edit)
    Storypilot, snuck in there as well. Agreeing with your thread, He would have loved to talk lighting to a few here tonight.

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

"A Journey's End"

I'm posting both the raw render and one of several postworked versions that I have done.

Thanks for sharing your work, everyone...so many beautiful renders. And thanks, zarcondeegrissom, for starting this thread.

jaderail6d-pw5.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 1M
    jaderail6d.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 650K
    edited December 1969

I saw this in the PC Inspiration Contest thread. A great image Scott.

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

These are all beautiful renders. Very poignant and a lovely tribute.

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited July 2014

I felt I needed to do this, after missing him dearly last night. He touched a lot of peoples hearts, and will be missed dearly. As SpyroRue put it so elegantly in this thread, when the sad, devastating news broke.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/44104/

There are many that for whatever reason, are not able to attend hiss funeral, So I offer this thread for people to morn his passing. Visit, Post, or just take a moment of silence in his honer. It is the most that I can offer at this time, as a beginner to CG that he helped immensely along with so many others.

I invite anyone to post renders or photos of there dear departed friend here, All I ask is that you do so in the utmost respect of Jeff's family and friends.

There are so many individual posts spread all over this community with excellent renders, and it is difficult to track them all down. So as far as I am concerned, post away even if it is posted elsewhere. Even if All you can muster, is a link to the post, it is OK. I know how difficult it can be, to make a post with eyes full of tears.

We miss you so much Jeff, and will never forget your kindness, helpfulness, and your loving heart. We were blessed by your presence and endless desire to give a helping hand, and your absence will be noticed by so many you have touched.

Goodby dear departed blue friend, Jaderail, Jeffery J. Webb. I miss you so much, along so many others.

This moved me to tears, zarcon. I was reminded of Morpheus's funeral barge in The Sandman. Thank you so much for starting this thread, am working on a render to honour Jeff's memory :down:

Post edited by 3dLux on
    edited December 1969

@wendy, kalazar, storypilot, Spyro, Scott, MN-150374, Trish

Thank you for sharing your beautiful renders :'(

Wendy, I particularly remember the cheers.gif and the day Jeff went off dialysis...

edited December 1969

Thank you all for the renders, and I look forward to yours banditcameraman, and others in the future.

I spotted a missing word in that first post "with", yet I guess that was just my state of mind before facing my feelings head on.

I've chatted on the forum, yet I have yet to do a render after the one in the first post. Been so busy reading manuals and searching answers. Learning allot about Daz Studio in the process, that can't be that bad.

I don't have a Drow in my catalog of stuff. So it is nice to see others fill this thread with great renders.

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

I only heard the news today because I'd been offline for a few weeks. I'm so very sad -- a wonderful member of our community has moved on. I created this as a tribute, for the new horizons he's undoubtedly exploring right now.

NewHorizons1.jpg
    2000 x 1380 - 1M
    edited December 1969

KaribousBoutique, that is outstanding, thanks for sharing that render.

One of our last conversations was in regard to a cute little feathered dinosaur (ArchaeopteryxDR), I had the chance to pick up the figure Friday and I wish I could have shared the test renders with him. I'll upload the fella to my gallery after other obligations here (Sunday net, W1SRA)

This is where I'm at a loss for what to say, things that words are inadequate for. All I can think of is keep up the excellent work, and never stop learning, it's what he would have wanted.

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

Very lovely, KaribousBoutique, what a beautiful and fitting image.

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited August 2014

It's funny... I bought a new boot drive last week -- a larger SSD than the one I had -- and just cloned/installed it today. I'd honestly planned on sharing news of my upgrade with Jaderail because he was the only person I knew with a computer that was more awesome than mine. I'm so stunned. Still unreal. My heart goes out to those who knew him in "real life."

Post edited by Karibou on
    edited December 1969

Thank you for sharing your beautiful render, KaribousBoutique.

I knew Jeff had a kickass configuration; I wish I had asked him about it =((

edited December 1969

Apologies for not consolidating the posts, but I wanted to give this the love it deserves.

In Memoriam (and a detail)

Goodnight, sweet Jeff;
    And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest...

In_Memoriam_Detail.png
    1500 x 1500 - 4M
    In_Memoriam.png
    1500 x 1500 - 4M
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,819
    edited December 1969

my friend Jeff passed away
    Jaderail lives

Jaderail_forever.png
    2000 x 2000 - 6M
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Yes, he does. Very nice Wendy! :) Jeff would have loved this!
    Cathie

edited December 1969

my friend Jeff passed away
    Jaderail lives

Thank you for sharing this, Wendy; I find it strangely comforting...

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited December 1969

All beautiful renders, thanx to all tributes, I'm sure Jade would luv everyone of em, really miss my bud :(

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659
    edited December 1969

Here's one more, from a recent RRRR contest.

Goodbye, Blue Warrior
    Joyous travels on the bright road...

This is for Jaderail. I pulled these the night before he passed, and that next morning, well, it seemed like the pull was meant for him. I thought he would prefer riding a tiger over a horse.

Pulled:
    TOA Legend for Genesis 2 Male(s) and Michael 6
    Timeless Reflections Furniture
    Statuesque
    Old Manor
    English Tack for the Millennium Horse

jaderail.jpg
    1800 x 1800 - 653K
  • mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

Just a heads up the M4 Drow similar to Jaderail's avatar is on sale 70% off over at Rendo in case you may want it in your runtime. Not sure if this seems appropriate for this thread .... if not no problem if you need to delete this post.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I don't think it's inappropriate at all.
    Many people like the drows and when we see them, we will remember Jeff. I noticed that product over at Rendo too- and it made me smile.

edited December 1969

I appreciate all the renders that have filtered threw here in my absence, there all good.

I agree with Novica, the M4 Drow is most welcome here. I just don't have the effort or will to go out of my way to get yet another generation 4 base figure (Michael 4), and try to learn how to use him with a Drow add on. "Victoria 4.2 Female 3D Model Pro Bundle" (Gasp for breath) is still way over my head, and skill level.

Now if they had a Drow for M6, That would make life far more easier for a n00b like me, Especially if there was a All-From-Scratch Smart Tab icon, lol.

edited December 1969

Jeff just used the texture
    he dialed in his own features
    used M6 with Slosh's UV conversion

edited December 1969

thanks Wendy. Had heard about the custom morph bit, missed the generation 6 detail. located one post with some explanation
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/492723/

seems feasible after getting M6 and the Drow. might even work on M5, that I do have. I have yet to get Natasha ported to G2F, so I guess I'm just that much of a n00b, lol. And falling asleep at the keyboard at this point in the day, chat later y'all.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

thanks Wendy. Had heard about the custom morph bit, missed the generation 6 detail. located one post with some explanation
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/492723/

seems feasible after getting M6 and the Drow. might even work on M5, that I do have. I have yet to get Natasha ported to G2F, so I guess I'm just that much of a n00b, lol. And falling asleep at the keyboard at this point in the day, chat later y'all.

The M4 Drow texture would work fine on M5 (Genesis). And it would work on M6 if you own the Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male product (even if you don't actually own the M4 figure). You'd probably have to load the texture onto Genesis and then re-save it as a material preset, then load that saved file to M6.

Wendy, your Jaderail looks just like Jeff's! Did he share his settings with you?

edited December 1969

yes

edited December 1969

Title: Goodbye My Friend

Goodbye_My_Friend.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 1M
    edited December 1969

don't be shy big blue boy

formal_dance.png