Keep Jaderail in Your Thoughts

Comments

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Very sad to her this news.

I will always remember how helpful and supportive he was to everyone on the forums. Plus, his avatar was truly memorable.

My deppest condolences to his friends & family.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

I can't think of anything to say so I'll just cry..

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited July 2014

Rest in Peace mate. I will always treasure the excitement, support and encouragement you have given me from the beginning. You were one of a kind, and a huge asset to this community. You will always be.......

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507
    edited December 1969

I did not know him at all, but it's a tragic day when we lose someone who was such a helpful and important part of the community. My condolences to his friends and family.

• BellaBella Posts: 439
    edited December 1969

So sorry about it, he was really kind and helpful....

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,135
    edited December 1969

I only just heard about this sad news through Novica's Art Studio thread, which led me here.
    I only knew Jaderail through the forums (he helped me many times) and a few PMs, and was aware he was not a "well" man, but still this is a terrible shock. I know I'll miss his many posts and his great story thread.
    Deepest condolences to his close friends and family.

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

Wow. Very cool and helpful guy. Condolences to his friends and family.

-MJ

• edited December 1969

Nooo!... Darn it! I'm truly going to miss him. My sincere condolences.

Not only was he of great help in the forums but he also offered me some much appreciated advice outside of the forums related to a medical condition we were both afflicted with.

Beyond that... I'm at a loss for words.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654
    edited December 1969

So many touching and heartfelt condolences. We are all going to miss this wonderful man.

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    edited December 1969

I don't know him personally but he has been such a common presence in the forums since I started using Daz Studio that I'm shocked and upset he is gone. I really enjoyed seeing his antics through his renders and he came across as such an awesome human being (sorry, a Drow) and yeah...I'm stunned. What a horrible thing to wake up to - and I hardly knew him. It's like a punch back to reality. :(

It's really lovely to see so much support in the forums for him at this sad time. My condolences to all that loved and were loved by him.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I haven't posted yet, having a hard time figuring out what to say. I think everybody here knows that Jeff was kind, generous, funny, and creative. He loved helping people here -- he often told me how helping someone solve a problem turned a bad day into a good one. And I count myself among the people he's helped -- he was the first person I turned to for advice on a render.

I've been fortunate to have known a few people in my life who were so giving and generous that they went far beyond what anyone would expect, and Jeff was right up there with them. I'll miss him, as will so many others here. The world is a lesser place without him.

• reserv888reserv888 Posts: 1,126
    edited July 2014

Jaderail has been extremely helpful when I have asked things in the forums. It's not more than two weeks ago he came up with a suggestion to improve a render from artistic viewpoint, which I am glad to say I followed. I didn't know him, can't say he was my friend with any normal definition of the word, yet I feel very sad when I read that he is gone. I seldom cry. I don't now. But darn, it is close.

EDIT: To me it is natural to be an organ donor, yet I haven't signed me up for it. That is until five minutes ago, when I read Jaderail was a donor. So you helped me one last time; getting it done.

Post edited by reserv888 on
  • VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

Well, I wrote this:

His flesh was blue, his eyes were grey
    His hair as white as snow in day
    His heart black as the cmoonless night
    Though within his soul abright

O Jadetail, O warrior blue
    O what might ye carry true
    Through jungles dense and plains rolling
    What cdirge thy blades did sing

Lie thee now in shadows deep
    Jaderail, O ye fallen one
    I bid to thee a peaceful sleep

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

Reading the posts of everyone's thoughts and memories of Jeff, it amazing how many people he touched and effected. He didn't do anything amazing, nothing extraordinary, nothing big and major, nothing world changing. But he did change our lives, each and every one of us. Not through grand sweeping efforts. Just through little things, simple things. Even those who barely knew him, those who had little contact with him... remember him. They were touched and effected by him. It makes me wonder, when I am gone will anyone remember me? Will anyone notice? Maybe the best way to remember Jeff is to try to be a little more like him. Do those little things that make us all think fondly of him. Nothing he did was on a huge scale, just simple things, little things. Maybe we could all put in a little effort to do more simple little things for each other. Make a small effort to be a little kinder, be a little more helpful to each other. Jeff never did any one big amazing thing, but by doing a thousand simple little things, he had an amazing impact on us all. Jeff is gone, lets remember him by carrying on the way he lived.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,498
    edited December 1969

Reading the posts of everyone's thoughts and memories of Jeff, it amazing how many people he touched and effected. He didn't do anything amazing, nothing extraordinary, nothing big and major, nothing world changing. But he did change our lives, each and every one of us. Not through grand sweeping efforts. Just through little things, simple things. Even those who barely knew him, those who had little contact with him... remember him. They were touched and effected by him. It makes me wonder, when I am gone will anyone remember me? Will anyone notice? Maybe the best way to remember Jeff is to try to be a little more like him. Do those little things that make us all think fondly of him. Nothing he did was on a huge scale, just simple things, little things. Maybe we could all put in a little effort to do more simple little things for each other. Make a small effort to be a little kinder, be a little more helpful to each other. Jeff never did any one big amazing thing, but by doing a thousand simple little things, he had an amazing impact on us all. Jeff is gone, lets remember him by carrying on the way he lived.

Just my thoughts, he touched everyone by being friendly and helpful, and the mark he left on this earth is that friendliness and helpfulness is what will make this world a little better place for everyone around.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited July 2014

That's what makes ordinary people great, doing to do what feels right, not for glory or fame, not to be remembered but through his DEEDS he will be remembered, to live on when we all speak his name.

ps I totally agree with what you said 100%.

Post edited by Szark on
  • WAVEDELSHWAVEDELSH Posts: 100
    edited December 1969

So so sad ..... He was always very helpful and was one of the first people on the animation forum to make comments on our videos
    always there to help newcomers understand Daz we've lost a great and helpful member of our community . thoughts go out to his family
    RIP Jaderail

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,354
    edited December 1969

He worked his bones off to help people in this community and touched many peoples hearts. He did amazing things daily by helping people till the end of their problem. He never gave up on people and tested each and every problem people had to accurately help. He did many great things to those he helped, which is more than anyone can imagine.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    He worked his bones off to help people in this community and touched many peoples hearts. He did amazing things daily by helping people till the end of their problem. He never gave up on people and tested each and every problem people had to accurately help. He did many great things to those he helped, which is more than anyone can imagine.
    and something to emulate, to try harder in my case. Great inspiration.
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

A sad day ... found this one in his DA Gallery: A Nice Walk

<--ditto :(</p>

The Daz forums just won't be the same without his blue face staring at me in chat .... Luv-n-hugzzzzz to the family... where ever they live!

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

Oh my goodness !!! I can't think of anything really Jad was such a kind being ,definitely gonna be missed ....sucuse me I can't see any more ....

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Jaderail was always willing to sponsor a contest here - RRRR, Freebie Challenge, any of the "spin this concept" contests, and so many others. In some cases, it got to the point where Jeff would chastise us when contest entries weren't coming in...

So, if you're already an organ donor (or even if you aren't), come take part in one of the contests that he sponsored. Show him that we're still making art for him.

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Jaderail was always willing to sponsor a contest here - RRRR, Freebie Challenge, any of the "spin this concept" contests, and so many others. In some cases, it got to the point where Jeff would chastise us when contest entries weren't coming in...

So, if you're already an organ donor (or even if you aren't), come take part in one of the contests that he sponsored. Show him that we're still making art for him.

I never donated an organ, but i once donated a piano (jaderail would laugh)

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited July 2014

Even since the beginning of this thread, I've been trying to think of something to write. But I waited too long, and now every time I open it, I tear up and still can't think of the right things to say. You become accustomed to seeing things (people) every day, and although Jeff was a stranger to me, I still feel like I lost a friend. I have health problems of my own, so I usually avoid conversations about being ill because I can't cope with the thought of loss. I knew he was sick for awhile, and I never mentioned it to him that I worried for his health and that we would all miss him if he ever had to leave the forum, even if it was just because he didn't feel up to visiting every day.

I'm very sad about his passing. That is all I can say, but I hope it's enough.

Post edited by Slosh on
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:

You got me to laugh.

(I think Jeff would have wanted a happy memorial, too.)

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

Just my thoughts, he touched everyone by being friendly and helpful, and the mark he left on this earth is that friendliness and helpfulness is what will make this world a little better place for everyone around.
    Amen. I couldn't have said it better. ~sniff~
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

As the runner of the freebie challenge in the freepository forums for 7 years now, Jader always gave to the honorable mentions because he wanted to be sure everyone was rewarded for their work. His passing hits me right in the face like a fist. I am sooooo set back. Not sure how to handle it, but through the tears that are welling in my eyes, I will always remember him as a giving soul who has probably been here for many many lifetimes. Much longer than you or I. One very evolved soul. He will return and spread his kindness and giving again. We who must remain can only miss him and remember his kindness. To the Daz team, my very humble condolences, and respect. You guys knew him best of all. My heart goes out to each one of you. May God rest his soul.

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    robkelk said:

You got me to laugh.

(I think Jeff would have wanted a happy memorial, too.)

me too, Jeff would not want us all sad and moping, he would want us to remember the good times and carry on having good times in the future

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654
    edited December 1969

Maybe the best way to remember Jeff is to try to be a little more like him. Do those little things that make us all think fondly of him. Nothing he did was on a huge scale, just simple things, little things. Maybe we could all put in a little effort to do more simple little things for each other. Make a small effort to be a little kinder, be a little more helpful to each other. Jeff never did any one big amazing thing, but by doing a thousand simple little things, he had an amazing impact on us all. Jeff is gone, lets remember him by carrying on the way he lived.

I think we should and we can. Maybe you are more like him than you realize. I hope that I am.

Thank you.

edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    Maybe the best way to remember Jeff is to try to be a little more like him. Do those little things that make us all think fondly of him. Nothing he did was on a huge scale, just simple things, little things. Maybe we could all put in a little effort to do more simple little things for each other. Make a small effort to be a little kinder, be a little more helpful to each other. Jeff never did any one big amazing thing, but by doing a thousand simple little things, he had an amazing impact on us all. Jeff is gone, lets remember him by carrying on the way he lived.

I think we should and we can. Maybe you are more like him than you realize. I hope that I am.

Thank you.

nah, i'm pretty much an a-social mysanthropic schizoid jerk. how Jeff and I got to be such good friends is beyond me, it had to be all his doing