GenX2 and Genesis 2 AddOn released! [Commercial]

1363738394042»

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I like checking out the new stuff, although I had no intention of jumping on the 8 bandwagon, just liked what it did.

I'm waiting to see what 8.1 offers - which is so far - Victoria 8.1 only. I returned the only 8.1 character as it wasn't really imo.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575

...yeah, there are more "everyday looking" characters and figures than for G3 and older versions of Genesis.  This is why I got the G8  G3 character conversion utility.

• Yesterday I purchased Genesis Generation X2 for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit), GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 2 and Gen X2 AddOn for Genesis 3. I installed these programs via DAZ Install Manager. Now I have no idea what to do, because I can't find them in DAZ Studio, where all the stuff normally end up after installation. What am I missing? Where do I look?   

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575

...they should show up in the Window tab, panes selection . If not go to Help/About Installed Plugins.  If there is a field to the right in of the little plug icon with a bunch of "xs" in it, that means you need to enter the serial number (which you can find on your Account Page).  

• evacynevacyn Posts: 958

I apologize about necroing this thread, but I'm really hoping someone can help me with GenX2.

Is it possible to just convert a V4 character's head with GenX2? I keep running into the issue that you need to dial-in V4.2 after I convert the face and it also applies the base V4 body as well (and the awful V4 pose).

I'm looking to either (A) convert just the V4 character's head with the base V4.2 already dialed-in to the morph or (B) convert just the V4 character's head and somehow create just the V4.2 base head (without the body).

Any help would be appreciated. I guess I could use Shape Splitter if GenX2 can't do it by itself or if you have a quick way to fix the V4.2 base pose in GenX2 (since I'd like to start converting my V4 characters and I have a lot... lol).

Thank you!!!

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038

evacyn said:

I apologize about necroing this thread, but I'm really hoping someone can help me with GenX2.

Is it possible to just convert a V4 character's head with GenX2? I keep running into the issue that you need to dial-in V4.2 after I convert the face and it also applies the base V4 body as well (and the awful V4 pose).

I'm looking to either (A) convert just the V4 character's head with the base V4.2 already dialed-in to the morph or (B) convert just the V4 character's head and somehow create just the V4.2 base head (without the body).

Any help would be appreciated. I guess I could use Shape Splitter if GenX2 can't do it by itself or if you have a quick way to fix the V4.2 base pose in GenX2 (since I'd like to start converting my V4 characters and I have a lot... lol).

Thank you!!!

Onto what figure are you trying to get V4's head?

I'm going from V4 -> G3F with GenX2.

So far, it looks like I've had the best luck creating a V4 morph using Shape Splitter and then applying the GenX2-created head morph. I guess it's close enough.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,065
    edited April 2022

I have seen the GenX2 components come up in recent sales and have hesitated to get them because I am not sure really what I need. I want to convert two Victoria 3 characters to Genesis 3. I think I need the following:

• GenX2,
    • V3/M3 add-on,
    • Genesis 2 add-on &
    • Genesis 3 add-on.

Is that the lot? Or is there something in addition to this that I need? I don't care about the textures, just the morph shape. If anyone could comment, I would appreciate it.

Regards,

Richard.

Post edited by richardandtracy on

richardandtracy said:

I have seen the GenX2 components come up in recent sales and have hesitated to get them because I am not sure really what I need. I want to convert two Victoria 3 characters to Genesis 3. I think I need the following:

• GenX2,
    • V3/M3 add-on,
    • Genesis 2 add-on &
    • Genesis 3 add-on.

Is that the lot? Or is there something in addition to this that I need? I don't care about the textures, just the morph shape. If anyone could comment, I would appreciate it.

Regards,

Richard.

I think those are core ones. If you're focusing on V3 content you might want to pick up the V3/A3/S3/etc. bundle (https://www.daz3d.com/genx-addon-gen3-bundle) which includes all of the V3/A3/S3/etc. characters. Otherwise, just pick up the one you need.

Since it's really the only option for converting the V3/V4 characters to G3, it is nice to have. I've used it sporadically over the years, but now I'm setting some time aside to convert the V4 characters (and some earlier stuff) so I can actually use them.

• GatorGator Posts: 1,268
    evacyn said:

I'm going from V4 -> G3F with GenX2.

So far, it looks like I've had the best luck creating a V4 morph using Shape Splitter and then applying the GenX2-created head morph. I guess it's close enough.

I thought you could, it's been a long time since I've used it. I was doing the same thing, only the head of V4 characters to Genesis 3. How have your results been? I have seen results that are close but no where near a perfect match. Some characters not very good. I might try again, maybe I did something wrong.

This is my super quick comparison between the V4 original (Daveigh) and the GenX head morph with a Shape Splitter V4 head morph. It's far from perfect (lips and eyes are off) but nothing I couldn't fix if I really wanted to. It's 'close enough' for me and I don't think I've yet to come across a V4 head morph that I needed to be precise :) 

• evacyn said:

richardandtracy said:

• GenX2,
    • V3/M3 add-on,
    • Genesis 2 add-on &
    • Genesis 3 add-on.

Regards,

Richard.

I think those are core ones. If you're focusing on V3 content you might want to pick up the V3/A3/S3/etc. bundle (https://www.daz3d.com/genx-addon-gen3-bundle) which includes all of the V3/A3/S3/etc. characters. Otherwise, just pick up the one you need.

Since it's really the only option for converting the V3/V4 characters to G3, it is nice to have. I've used it sporadically over the years, but now I'm setting some time aside to convert the V4 characters (and some earlier stuff) so I can actually use them.

Thanks for the confirmation. I only want to convert two V3 characters. There is already an A3 morph for G8F by TritiumCG that's close enough, and I never had S3. Never really used V4 as it was beyond the capability of my PC at the time.

Regards,

Richard

edited April 2022

I wonder if someone could help me.

I have two, and only two, V3 based characters I wish to transfer. I now have GenX2, the V3/M3 add-on, the Genesis 2 add-on and the Genesis 3 add-on. And.. I can't transfer a dicky-bird.

The set up window is as the error-3 image.

When trying to go from V3 to G1, I get the error message in the error-1 image

and if I try to go from V3 direct to G2F, I get the error in the error-2 image.

Can anyone help, please?

Do I need a V3 fitting clone for G1? The V3 side only seems to recognise .CR2 files, which means the .duf scene subsets I have of the characters to transfer are ignored in their entirety. And it forces me to work with the chaotic and unstructured Poser directories, where characters may be poses, materials may be materials or mat poses, hair may be hair or characters or props.. It's somewhere I want nothing to do with if I can avoid it.

For some reason, GenX2 will only install in my DS4.10 installation, and totally ignores the 4.11, 4.12, 4.14 and 4.15 installations. Irritating, that.

Regards,

Richard.

Daz Error 3.png
    464 x 666 - 60K
    Daz Error 1.png
    282 x 341 - 26K
    Daz Error 2.png
    282 x 341 - 27K
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited May 2022

Did you try to save V3 as a cr2 and point GenX to your copy?

Hm, good to know abot the issues, very glad I haven't gone beyond 4.10, tks:)

Post edited by Sven Dullah on

On that one I pointed GenX2 to the V3 .CR2 file, loaded a V3, applied the GND2 head and body injection poses to the loaded character.

Then as suggested in the manual, I specified 'Take poses from selected scene item' (whatever the exact wording is), and the GND2 morphs got added to the list of available morphs to transfer. Then ticked the GND2 morphs as the source, specified Genesis as the target and pressed ' Transfer' and got the messages shown.

Regards,

Richard

One of the things I am a little concerned about is whether a/the clone is in a file I cannot access. I do manual install, as my internet access is via an Android tablet. This means there are two files on the download page I cannot access. Ever. They are the first two with buttons under the 'Install Manager Ready' column of buttons in the attached image. Those buttons simply don't work from an Android device. I did install the 6.7Mb .exe file for GenX2 (first one below the 'Install Manager Ready' buttons) as the GenX1.2 version seemed to be relevant to DS4.0 to DS4.4 if my reading is correct).
    Screenshot_2022-05-01-21-44-45-876.jpeg
    800 x 1280 - 207K
    edited May 2022

Do you have V3 and M3 Shapes for Genesis (https://www.daz3d.com/v3-and-m3-shapes-for-genesis) installed? It looks like it's required for the GenX AddOn Gen3 for V3 and M4 (https://www.daz3d.com/genx-addon-gen3-for-v3-and-m3).

Looking at the file list for V3 and M3 Shapes for Genesis, it lists that "CloneVictoria3" (http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14198/file_list) that GenX is looking for - if you don't have it installed, it might be the issue (?)

Post edited by evacyn on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

@richardandtracy I found this it might help

pdf
    pdf
    Generation X Genesis Tutorial for Beginners (and not-so-beginners) {Warning_ Nud.pdf
    3M
    edited May 2022

Thank you for your help, carrie58 & evacyn. I think it will solve my problems.

The pdf carrie58 attached will be a help using GenX2, and thank you, evacyn, for identifying the missing item in the conversion.

I mentioned that my only internet compatible device is an Android tablet. This, by default, goes to the mobile version of the web page. In the case of the V3/M3 add-on there is a difference in the sale pages. The 'Required Products' list is missing from the mobile site. You can see the required products if you go to the desktop version of the web page.

I know intellectually that there is a difference between the desktop/mobile sites, but this is the first occasion [I'm aware of] that I've missed vital information because of it. I feel somewhat niggled with myself (and, it must be said, the website designer) for totally forgetting this difference between the two versions of the sales pages and as a result simply not being aware of the need for the clone V3 product. 

Anyway, thank you for your help, I will get the clone and (hopefully) progress merrily on my way.

Regards,

Richard.

Great - sounds like you got things sorted :)

I've found the same issues with the mobile store - I'll submit a ticket and hopefully it's something that can get fixed. It's pretty important information to withhold (or hide on the ReadMe page).

I did try it, and I have got a roughly GND2 character to Genesis 3. I have got a rather more GND2 looking character on Genesis 2. As I want both my characters on G8F, I may have to try RiversoftArt's G2F to G8F script. Regards, Richard.