(Released) Materia MeshMaker plug-in

Comments

• TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 238

I have been looking forward to this since the first announcement. Much more excited about this than yet another viking bundle, and I love the viking content!

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Timotheus said:

I have been looking forward to this since the first announcement. Much more excited about this than yet another viking bundle, and I love the viking content!

Truth :) 

• I am personally looking forward to this to go along with some of the new content. In many ways it will work with some of the new Geoshells environment and random materials released in many ways and looks quite fun to experiment with.

• smaker1smaker1 Posts: 275

Same for me :-) ! I stopped all my winter scenes and wait for Materia to be released !

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

The materia meshmaker plugin is the only reason that I get out of bed, rush to the PC and cross my fingers hoping for its release.

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

AnEye4Art said:

The materia meshmaker plugin is the only reason that I get out of bed, rush to the PC and cross my fingers hoping for its release.

+1

• Lothar Weber said:

AnEye4Art said:

+1

+1

Instead, we get yet another Viking bundle... baaah. What's in tomorrow? Yet another cyberpunk one? I hope the materia meshmaker plugin is released before the winter is over in the northern part of planet Earth.  

• Well guys, it's great to read and see all this excitement around Materia. I hope you will find it useful and entertaining as much as I do; as I mentioned earlier, I've used it in several of my artwork, basically all the winter scenes I did: https://www.artstation.com/alessandromastronardi.
    It looks like things are moving again, so I suppose it should be released quite soon. BTW, it will start now coupled with a snow shader, but more shaders are work in progress so you will be able to use it also for mud, water, lava, ice and much more...

edited January 2021

Alessandro Mastronardi said:

Well guys, it's great to read and see all this excitement around Materia. I hope you will find it useful and entertaining as much as I do; as I mentioned earlier, I've used it in several of my artwork, basically all the winter scenes I did: https://www.artstation.com/alessandromastronardi.
    It looks like things are moving again, so I suppose it should be released quite soon. BTW, it will start now coupled with a snow shader, but more shaders are work in progress so you will be able to use it also for mud, water, lava, ice and much more...

I was disapointed, again, when I did not see Materia in the store this morning. However, there was a tear of joy in my eye when I read the above, Alessandro. I suppose I could fantasize about Materia a bit longer given the exciting news about all the planned shaders we could have. EEEEEEEEKKKK!!!!  

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • Alessandro Mastronardi said:

Well guys, it's great to read and see all this excitement around Materia. I hope you will find it useful and entertaining as much as I do; as I mentioned earlier, I've used it in several of my artwork, basically all the winter scenes I did: https://www.artstation.com/alessandromastronardi.

So, this is what hope feels like. Uh. I had kinda forgotten.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,234

lmao a snow themed release today and they still didnt include it...

lilweep said:

I'am disappointed too frown

edited January 2021

Lothar Weber said:

lilweep said:

I'am disappointed too frown

I want to spend money on this plugin so badly I can hardly stand it. The wait is torture!!

• Prepare your shovels and snow boots, it's coming very very soon... wink

Prepare your shovels and snow boots, it's coming very very soon... wink

finally a product to invest in... wink

edited January 2021

Prepare your shovels and snow boots, it's coming very very soon... wink

More like: prepare your credit cards and paypal accounts, it's coming very very soon...... 

• Oh goodness, I just saw this thread (I hardly ever wander the forums these days!) and this looks just amazing, Alessandro!  Keeping eyes peeled! 

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049

Finally out! I did not expect this day to come any more! Congrats on your product!

• Finally out - and I am disappointed - Windows only angry...

• Aaaaaaand... in my cart ;-)

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,303
    edited February 2021

Bought it as soon as I saw it.

Watching the tute videos now, but um... am I missing something SO BASIC no one thought to mention it - I found the material, but where do I find the Materia Tab/Plugin?  I was able to cover the Yeti in snow, but didn't see how to pull up the panel to make adjustments like I see in your videos. Sorry if this is so simple *everyone* knows this (but I'm blanking on it).  If it matters I use the Content Library Pane manually, not smart content. Is there a direct link to some printed instructions?

Post edited by Gogger on
  • Gogger said:

Watching the tute videos now, but um... am I missing something SO BASIC no one thought to mention it - I found the material, but where do I find the Materia Tab/Plugin?  I was able to cover the Yeti in snow, but didn't see how to pull up the panel to make adjustments like I see in your videos. Sorry if this is so simple *everyone* knows this (but I'm blanking on it).  If it matters I use the Content Library Pane manually, not smart content. Is there a direct link to some printed instructions?

hello Gogger it's in menu Windows-Panes. There you will find the Materia pane.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,303

Gogger said:

hello Gogger it's in menu Windows-Panes. There you will find the Materia pane.

Yep, I figured it out and was just coming back to edit my post, but figure it may help someone else. I was "having a moment". Just SO EXCITED to play with Materia!

• First I heard of this product was seeing it in the store this morning.  With no idea what it did, I clicked the video and quickly realised that although I never realised that I needed a product like this, I do indeed need a product like this.  Straight in the cart!

• Dim Reaper said:

First I heard of this product was seeing it in the store this morning.  With no idea what it did, I clicked the video and quickly realised that although I never realised that I needed a product like this, I do indeed need a product like this.  Straight in the cart!

Thanks. As stated it's quite a different product from the ones that come every day but having it used for my own purposes for quite some time (as a standalone application), I thought it might be useful also for DAZ users. I think it can be extremely useful in a lot of situations.

• Gogger said:

Is there a direct link to some printed instructions?

Sorry no printed instructions. As it's quite "visual" in its use, I thought a Youtube playlist would actually do: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzUOVK5mlH3pYn32JdJZ3n0Owo7_sNGwU

Cheers

• Congratulations on it finally being released! Shame I am away from my rendering computer, because I would have spent the day playing with this.

Seeing the promos, it occurs to me this could be used to make quite convincing foam, maybe even on the crest of a wave if the controls allow for such fine tuning... Darn, I wanna play...

• Uthgard said:

Congratulations on it finally being released! Shame I am away from my rendering computer, because I would have spent the day playing with this.

Seeing the promos, it occurs to me this could be used to make quite convincing foam, maybe even on the crest of a wave if the controls allow for such fine tuning... Darn, I wanna play...

And not only foam, one could use any procedural shader and make a use for reproducing water, mud, lava... ice cream... And if needed, the generated mesh can be easily exported and elaborated further, or I suppose even using Meshgrabber within Studio...