Dial Fusion for Genesis 2 to 8.1 (Commercial)

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
edited March 2022 in Daz Studio Discussion

Latest version is 1.3

Dial Fusion 1.3 Update: Improved some MacOS GUI issues. Fixed issue where script would not be added to Scripts menu in rare cases.

Promo Video link here

Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• Well but from the name of the thread I am very much looking forward to see something soon ;-)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,683

Ooh!  Wait I don't get it?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited January 2021

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Well but from the name of the thread I am very much looking forward to see something soon ;-)

Thread updated to show what product is about.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Looks like just another insta-buy item laugh. Do you already have an estimate when that product can jump in my shopping cart?

No estimations on that lol. With all the G8.1 madness who knows how busy the product submissions are.

• orinsorins Posts: 8

If the only morph dial used on the character modifies both the head & body as one (no sub morphs), will the script still be able to create seperate Body and Head dials?

edited January 2021

No. It cannot seperate Morphs that way.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049

Cool product! Merchant Ressource too?

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

Sorry, I don't really understand what this does that a shape preset doesn't.

V3Digitimes said:

Cool product! Merchant Ressource too?

Yes maam.

edited February 2021

Leonides02 said:

A shape preset is a once off result. Same for a scene subset. This can turn it into a Dial. So instead of loading in different shape presets you can create a library of dials.  You can also blend them together. You cannot blend in shape presets. Dial Fusion also remembers the scale of figure which a shape preset doesn't. Also loading in different shape presets takes longer when now you can just dial them in.

The other issue with shape presets is if it didn't capture all your current morphs it will combine with morphs that are on a current figure if that figure shape hasn't been reset before hand. But this isn't just for shape presets. It is the process vendors use to create characters, this script just drastically simplifies the entire process.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,008
    edited January 2021

Leonides02 said:

The difference with a shape preset is that with a dial you can apply your character at 50% for example, while a shape preset will only apply it at 100%.

Post edited by Leana on

Correct:)

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Will this work with the fancy schmanzy G8.1 FACS expressions?

edited January 2021

Yes it will. We just busy with a small issue that if you use the 8.1 face rig to make an expression the script cannot detect the used dials, but if you use the standard dials on the figure then there is no issue.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Zev0 said:

Yes it will. We just busy with a small issue that if you use the 8.1 face rig to make an expression the script cannot detect the used dials, but if you use the standard dials on the figure then there is no issue.

Ah, there's the rub.  The FACS thing is being presented as a major part of the 8.1 update, so it's kind of important.

• XornflXornfl Posts: 102

So, basically if i buy a muscle morphs with dials i can link it with strenght to a twist or bend for an arm for example? Like automagically bend the arm and muscle will show? Thnx in advance

edited January 2021

No. Those sort of values are controlled by the muscle morphs themselves.

Like packages like this.

https://www.daz3d.com/auto-muscle-enhancer-hd-for-genesis-8-males

Dial Fusion will only control or remember how much muscle morphs you added in. How the muscle morphs behaves depends on the specifics within that product.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Will this product be compatible with the new face of G8.1?

The face rig we found out is an issue, but if you dial in the expression or face pose dials on the figure itself and not the rig then it works fine. There is no way to solve this unfortunately. Expressions created on face rig have to be saved for face rig, and expressions on figure have to be saved on figure. We thought we could save an expression on figure after the rig was used but it doesn't work that way.

• And updates to Fit Control?  I still find it a 'go to' solution to many issues.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Zev0 said:

The face rig we found out is an issue, but if you dial in the expression or face pose dials on the figure itself and not the rig then it works fine. There is no way to solve this unfortunately. Expressions created on face rig have to be saved for face rig, and expressions on figure have to be saved on figure. We thought we could save an expression on figure after the rig was used but it doesn't work that way.

that's good to know, thank you! 

s_j_gregory said:

And updates to Fit Control?  I still find it a 'go to' solution to many issues.

Hi. What issues are those again? Sorry I get so many pm's etc i lose track.

• Zev0 said:

s_j_gregory said:

And updates to Fit Control?  I still find it a 'go to' solution to many issues.

Hi. What issues are those again? Sorry I get so many pm's etc i lose track.

Fit control does not recognize G8.1F

I too use it all the time, so an update to fix would be awesome.

AH. Yes we working on update for 8.1

• Excellent.  I love fit control.  Not exactly sure why but I enjoy reusing older clothing and Fit Control is very useful.  Do you have a list of future improvements?  I would love to be able to re-apply Fit Control to clothing after it has had it applied and unused morphs reomved.  (Say you save some item after using Fit Control and you have removed unused morphs to save space etc.  Then you use the item on another character and find you want to add Fit Control to improve fit.  I don't think you can do that and it would be nice.)   

edited January 2021

"I would love to be able to re-apply Fit Control to clothing after it has had it applied and unused morphs reomved. "

Once selective FC morphs have been removed you cannot add them back in unless all morphs have been removed from item. So you need to be sure when you do remove unused morphs your not going to use them again on that item.

Regarding improvements I will add in more if I feel there is room for improvement somewhere, and if it works well enough on majority of clothing.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

This sounds and looks like a great product! I have been trying to find a easy way to make my morphed characters into dials, but have failed all the time so I have ended up saving them as scene subsets instead. Looking forward for when this comes, it will be a must have for me :)

• thirdeyewiderthirdeyewider Posts: 4
    edited January 2021

MAN I HOPE THIS DROPS SOON!!! LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!! YOU ARE A LEGEND ZEV0!!!!!! ANY IDEA WHEN?

Post edited by thirdeyewider on
    edited February 2021

Thanks for the kind words, but Bitwelder is the real legend here. He made the impossible happen. Release is hopefully Feb sometimecool. Date not confirmed yet.

Post edited by Zev0 on