Dial Fusion for Genesis 2 to 8.1 (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045

Not that I know of. The figure has to be reloaded to reflect any other new morph additions. The reason It reflects with DIal Fusion is because it is populated in the current scene on the current figure. If I add more morphs in via a normal copy paste into data it won't show unless I load in a new figure that scans the data folder again.

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649

One of the (many) things that's really impressive is the fact that sliders are created on the fly and instantly visible without the need to restart DAZ (which is ultra annoying)

Do you please know a way to kind of manually "refresh" DAZ without restarting to make new sliders (morphs, etc) visible ? 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,888

hansolocambo said:

One of the (many) things that's really impressive is the fact that sliders are created on the fly and instantly visible without the need to restart DAZ (which is ultra annoying)

Do you please know a way to kind of manually "refresh" DAZ without restarting to make new sliders (morphs, etc) visible ? 

Scripting - write a script to create the properties, insert the morph deltas if need be, and establish the ERC links.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

A quick question. I created dials for a figure and they show up when that figure is active but the dials do not show up when I load a different figure.

They have to show. Were the dials saved? If saved it follows rule of any other saved morph to populate on figure apon load.

Thank you. I did not save it properly last time and it is working now. Awesome product!!!!

edited October 2021

You're welcome.yes

Post edited by Zev0 on

This saved me hours of work. My only question is, and forgive me if this is covered somewhere else, if you have morphs on your original that are outside the parameters is there someway you can transfer these to your target? I had about 20 of these and it was a little tedious having to switch back and forth between the two to locate them all and modify them by hand. Or is there a way to unlock all the parameters on the target figure prior to dialing up the character morph?

But I do have to repeat myself that this is a great product.

edited October 2021

"if you have morphs on your original that are outside the parameters is there someway you can transfer these to your target?"

Can you be more specific by what you mean?

Post edited by Zev0 on

My apologies. I have several morphs where I have disabled the limits on the slider to go beyond the normal values. When I am transferring the morph to a target figure using Dial Fusion it will usually keep the transferred morph within the limits (if I had unlocked the parameters to enter 150%, the Dial Fusion will take it to the set limit of 100% or if I had unlocked it to enter -50% it will register 0%). This then necessitates me going back and unlocking the affected parameter sliders by hand and entering the data. Not a big issue but if there was a workaround I would be interested in hearing it. Other than that minor issue, great product. For most of the figures that I have, it works 100%.

edited October 2021

Ok what you have to do is resave the morphs with extended limits or no limits, I use my Shape Rigger to do this quicker. Just favourite the morph, edit the parameter settings, resave. It will update it. If you save this manually, just remember to resave it to exact same path the morph is located. End of the day, Dial Fusion cannot unlock morphs and change the state they were saved in.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Thanks for the advice!

Product Updated to version 1.2

Fixed bug where some expression content sets would cause duplicate formula error after expression assets were saved due to some content sets having Aliases saved on body instead of head.

• RL_MediaRL_Media Posts: 339

Question. I am having a go at making some expression dials. It seems that all is working, except tongue movements seem to get zeroed out. Any way to get that to save with the expression?

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,181
    edited December 2021

I love this script! I have noticed a few things that I have had to take into consideration.

I added Michael 8.1 into the scene then I set Michael's head slider from 100% to 0.

I believe that when you set Michael 8.1's head to 0 it becomes the Genesis 8.1 face in shape.

Then I added other sliders, I saved the sliders. 

I noticed you have to close Daz and reopen it for the new dials to load and go global. It took me a while to discover this.

When I loaded the new dials on Michael 8.1 it added the dials I added to Michael 8.1 very nicely but it did not subtract the Michael 8.1 dial as I did.

No big deal but it would have been nice for it to also subtract the 8.1 head dial. I have to remember which figures I do this for.

Thanks for this awesome product and I definitely recommend this product to any Daz user for great recall of unique faces.

It is nice to not have to save poses just to change a face.

I suspect I will be using this script in nearly every scene I make to either recall faces or save them.

Post edited by RexRed on
  • Zev0, thanks for this tool and all the other great stuff.

I've just started using Dial Fusion and I have this question. Is it possible to overwrite a dial in a later session? I mean to say, if I create a dial, then close the scene/file, open the file from which I made the dial, tweak a few things and try to save with the same name I get an error that says, "Dial Fusion is unable to overwrite Dials not created from within the script. Please enter a unique name." So... once the script (or scene?) is closed that dial is not overwriteable or editable. Is that right? I'm just trying to figure out what functionality exists so I can either use it or stop trying to figure it out, haha!

Thanks again. I'm really appreciating being able to start a library of characters.

edited March 2022

Latest version is 1.3

Dial Fusion 1.3 Update: Improved some MacOS GUI issues. Fixed issue where script would not be added to Scripts menu in rare cases.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • mikmodmikmod Posts: 65
    edited March 2022

Thank you so much for this tool!

I noticed that TG4 morphs are being saved "additive" way in the final dial (this is for G8M and G81M), since the default value of that morph is 21. Alt-left-click doesn't go back to that value though.

It looks like this:

{

"output" : "Genesis8_1Male:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/3D%20Universe/G8MTG4/int3duG8MTG4Age.dsf#int3duG8MTG4Age?value",

"operations" : [

{ "op" : "push", "url" : "Genesis8_1Male:#DF-LatinoBody?value" },

{ "op" : "push", "val" : 21 },

{ "op" : "mult" }

]

},

But after resetting and aplying the dial, this morphs goes from default 21 to 42. :)

I also wanted to ask, if it's better to make a "dial" from 100% sized figure?

2022-03-13_15h53_07.png
    400 x 151 - 22K
    Post edited by mikmod on
  • Has the issue been fixed where you can't have more than one of the same figure generation in the scene? That seems a very significant restriction if I want to have a scene containing many multiple G81F and G81M figures.

josh.pactor said:

Has the issue been fixed where you can't have more than one of the same figure generation in the scene? That seems a very significant restriction if I want to have a scene containing many multiple G81F and G81M figures.

Explain? Never had this issue. I am able to create a dial on a figure having more of the same figure in scene.

• okay, so before I go code, I have a big issue : Dial Fusion turned off several of the morphs I was using and gave me this, and now the morph I intended for the original body will turn into this.

The morphs are by Guhzcoituz, but the weird thing is : Xaviera body works (I used this dial fusion on Taimanin moon and it went off without a hitch.)

So I figured the problem lies in the files, so I searched for Xaviera and found that Xaviera has files in both body and shapes in the Guhzcoituz folder, so I added the Heroine project files to the Guhzcoituz folder in shapes.

And the 2b body and head morphs.

But, Dial Fusion turned off ALL the morphs.Including muscle morphs. Which is weird, because the OTHER character I just used it on? It worked flawlessly, and that character uses nearly all of the same morphs but with a different Guhzcoituz morph. 

Hi. I need to see all used morphs, also if possible, the path of them in parameters.

• Zev0 said:

Hi. I need to see all used morphs, also if possible, the path of them in parameters.

Of course.

Starting with

• 2B Body 02,
    • 2B Head.

The path is : D:\DAZ 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\guhzcoituz\2B For G8F

Next we have 

• B3D Breasts Apart

The path is : D:\DAZ 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\Batov3D\MorphSuiteforGenesis8Female

After that we have 

• (2) Hip Fat

The path is : D:\DAZ 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\Zev0\Aging Morphs 8

• Continuing we have 
    • Natural Female Abdominals
    • Upper Abs Only 
    • Vertical Navel Strong Abs
    • Strong Upper Back
    • Strong Hipbone
    • Clavicle Center Strong
    • Clavicle Outer Strong
    • Strong Clavicle
    • Strong Sternocleidomastoid 
    • Deltoid Back
    • Strong Shoulders

The path for these morphs are :D:\DAZ 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\EmmaAndJordi\EJ Ultimate Detail Morphs For Genesis 8 Female

continuing we have 

• Skin Base Bend Controller 

The path of which is : D:\DAZ 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\Zev0\Skin Folds HD\Base 

next we have 

• Skin Crease Controller 

Of which the path is : D:\DAZ 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\Zev0\Skin Folds HD\Crease 

after that is 

• Skin Folds Controller 

path : D:\DAZ 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\Zev0\Skin Folds HD\Folds

after THAT is 

• Eyelashes Length Lower 
    • Eyelashes Length Upper

path : D:\DAZ 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\DAZ 3D\Head

(The file path was incorrect in parameters tab, so I f ound it myself)

after that is 

• Navel 

path : D:\DAZ 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\DAZ 3D\Base

(The file path was incorrect in parameters tab, so I found it myself.)

continuing : 

• (2) Rectus Abdominus
    • Rectus Abs Height 
    • Rectus Abs Height L 
    • Rectus Abs Height R 

path : D:\DAZ 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\SimonWM\Muscularity G8F

(rectus Abdominus wasn't in the parameters tab, so I found it using file search.

next is 

• Waist Straightness 

path : D:\DAZ 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\Zev0\Shape Shift

(This wasn't in the parameters tab, so I found using file search.) 

next is 

• Heroine Project 11 

path : D:\DAZ 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\guhzcoituz\Heroine Project

after that we have

• XXY 01 
    • XXY 02 
    • XXY 03 
    • XXY ljcm lat ud L 
    • XXY Ljcm lat ud R 

path : D:\DAZ 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\db xxx\XXY

FINALLY we have 

• fix breast poke

path : D:\DAZ 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My Library\data\MTT_IO\IGAWA SUIT\SUIT\Morphs\MTT_IO\Base

edited May 2022

So of this list what morphs are not being saved with the character dial? Also is this a fresh dial or one that contains an existing  Dial Fusion Silder (eg stacked)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • I use HD characters; but I am experiencing a problem.

After having created the dials, when I load Victoria 8.1 HD i receive a warning that there are duplicate entries in the asset; afer completing the file load thing semms working. Is that an importat issue? How can i avoid this?

Thanks.

Francesco from Italy

Hi. Start a new scene, clear your studio log, load v8.1 hd, after warning, save log and send log please.

• Sorry for delay but: where can I find the log files?

• Found and cleared the log.

Here you have the log file and the screenshot of the warning that pops up

Thanks

Immagine 2022-06-03 011856.png
    3840 x 2160 - 1M
    txt
    txt
    log.txt
    3M
  • This seems to be due to DF-PierinaV8.1HDHead.dsf - it looks to be in a user folder, but has a name like a PA product (though I can't immediately see a DF Pierina 8.1 HD in the store - however, with an HD morph it can't be from another store or your own work) so it may well be something that has been manaulyl modified and so ended up doubling the controller in effect.

• What is a P A product.

Would it works better if i change the name?ùCan yoy underscore where you see the information?