Dial Fusion for Genesis 2 to 8.1 (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited January 2021

Edited

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • kgrosserkgrosser Posts: 141

So, basically it is like creating a new control property, adjust figure to shape, ERC freeze and save as new morph asset the comfortable way (and without zeroing your figure)?
    Or, the other way round it will keep (and rely) on the other morph dials and these will be then "X-transferred"
    Reason I'm asking is that I ran into losing JCMs when exporting using Morph Loader Pro, which put some nasty spokes in my X-Transfering G3 to G8 project wheel. I did the above way, but this will create additional morphs into my G8 morph folder, and we all know by now what more morph sliders will affect load/save times. i'd like to see this geared up with X-transfer so it will create just a single dial on the new character. is that something that could happen down the road?

edited February 2021

"So, basically it is like creating a new control property, adjust figure to shape, ERC freeze and save as new morph asset the comfortable way (and without zeroing your figure)?"

In a nutshell yes. But, this does not adjust rigging. That has to be done prior to any morph you decide to include in your dial.

"Or, the other way round it will keep (and rely) on the other morph dials and these will be then "X-transferred"

Yes to that too. Anything linked to the created dial will be transferred as well.

"i'd like to see this geared up with X-transfer so it will create just a single dial on the new character. is that something that could happen down the road?"

Not going to do that because you will break jcm's etc if everything is baked into one dial. If a used morph relies on jcm's etc it is best that morphs function is preserved as well as its jcm's. So yes you can get one dial that relies on nothing, but don't expect it to function remotely the same, and all you will have is a shape that looks the same but the minute you pose it it will not work as the source.

Also a few resources prohibites the baking of morphs into a single dial.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760

Key question.  If I've followed this correctly, if I copied the duf for the new dial to a different computer, it WON'T replicate the character there without having transferred all the individual morphs exactly as they were installed in the sub? 

edited February 2021

Yes that is correct. The dial will still work but any missing morphs won't dial up. If you add them to new computer later then dial will represent the original as if all assets are in place.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited February 2021

Zev0 said:

you will break jcm's etc if everything is baked into one dial. If a used morph relies on jcm's etc it is best that morphs function is preserved as well as its jcm's. So yes you can get one dial that relies on nothing, but don't expect it to function remotely the same, and all you will have is a shape that looks the same but the minute you pose it it will not work as the source.

That's what I learned the hard way... unfortunately this limits the number of morphs I hoped to reduce by porting my characters from G3 to G8 and speed up DS Stil, a bit OT, but while I have you: any projection on the transgender X-Transfer and G8 -> G3 version?

BTW If you could come up with a tool that  allows to manually select and redirect JCMs to a baked morph this would be a hot seller, I think...

Post edited by kgrosser on
    edited February 2021

Zev0 said:

this does not adjust rigging. That has to be done prior to any morph you decide to include in your dial.

Hmm... another one. Correct me where I go astray here: While you (and me in my library) have a tool with Shape Rigger+ this function is not included and rigging to shape nneds tobe done BEFORE using Dial Fusion.  But the way ShapeRigger+ is set up I need to have a dial to favorize it  in order to rig..... so I need to adjust rigging to shape manually, which to my experience basically mandates the figure being zeroed out - wseems like a hen/egg problem to me at least when it comes to figure creation.

kgrosser said:

Zev0 said:

you will break jcm's etc if everything is baked into one dial. If a used morph relies on jcm's etc it is best that morphs function is preserved as well as its jcm's. So yes you can get one dial that relies on nothing, but don't expect it to function remotely the same, and all you will have is a shape that looks the same but the minute you pose it it will not work as the source.

That's what I learned the hard way... unfortunately this limits the number of morphs I hoped to reduce by porting my characters from G3 to G8 and speed up DS Stil, a bit OT, but while I have you: any projection on the transgender X-Transfer and G8 -> G3 version?

BTW If you could come up with a tool that  allows to manually select and redirect JCMs to a baked morph this would be a hot seller, I think...

Thats not how it works. JCM's will be looking for the shape morphs they were designed for. If the morph it is looking for is baked into something else all links get broken.

"any projection on the transgender X-Transfer and G8 -> G3 version"

No idea......We need to get the G8 to G3 module out first before we do that.

edited February 2021

Zev0 said:

JCM's will be looking for the shape morphs they were designed for. If the morph it is looking for is baked into something else all links get broken.

Doh... there goes plan B and the hope for reducing load times. Thanks for your never tiring responsiveness...and I definitely will...

Zev0 said:

need to get the G8 to G3 module

Product is now live. Enjoy and thanks for the supportyes

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Looks very cool. 

Just to be clear, though: If I save a combination of morphs as a dial, I still need to keep all those morphs installed in order to use the dial?   With all the morphs I have installed, load times are pretty long and at some point I may want to uninstall some, so I'd rather be sure.

edited February 2021

Yes you need them. This does not bake the used morphs. Doing so would break a lot of functionality. For example, a used morph that links to jcms etc. The minute you bake it all links get broken.

at some point I may want to uninstall some

Don't uninstall. Just move the product files in data to a folder on desktop or something. Thats what I do.coolI just move them back when needed.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • ImagoImago Posts: 4,900

Looks interesting but not useful for me, since it completely avoids Genesis1. frown

It won't hit my cart, sadly.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited February 2021

Nabbed as soon as I could, been looking forward to this one :) Thanks Z and Bitwelder!

Post edited by Carola O on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,833

It is out: https://www.daz3d.com/dial-fusion-for-genesis-2-to-81

Any comments, renders or the other thoughts, please.

• Is there a way to delete created dials? I'm intrigued but worry that I will just clutter up my already overstuffed character dial list. Or misspell something and want to redo it.

Yes. Just go to where you saved it and delete.

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633
    edited February 2021

Zev0 : Would a dial manager product be interesting. Just something that manages dial packs and turns them on/off ? I assume that would decrease loading times, once they are not in the system.

Post edited by Paintbox on

It is something we have been experimenting with actually.cool

• Zev0 said:

It is something we have been experimenting with actually.cool

If you find a solution and make it into a product, I would buy it the second it gets released...  

• Guess that would call for a complete overhaul of studio. I dream of this:

> Installing of morphs would place the dials in sort of of an inactive state which does not affect figure load times.
    > Activating morphs would be possible even once a figure is in the scene.
    > Loading a figure would automatically activate needed/used morphs.

Als long as we don't have this it is a continuous installing/uninstalling of figures/morphs or moving stuff in the file system.

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Guess that would call for a complete overhaul of studio. I dream of this:

> Installing of morphs would place the dials in sort of of an inactive state which does not affect figure load times.
    > Activating morphs would be possible even once a figure is in the scene.
    > Loading a figure would automatically activate needed/used morphs.

Als long as we don't have this it is a continuous installing/uninstalling of figures/morphs or moving stuff in the file system.

Great to hear Zev0 !

I'd love to be able to

1) Create a project

2) Include all morphs for that project, automatically preferably from used resources in the scene.

3) The ability to add more morphs from other save files, or have a diff function

3) The software automatically turns off all unneeded morphs, on a per project basis.

Yes, interesting, but not available in this product.

I am interesting to see some example expressions created on Genesis 8.1 with Dial Fusion,

There are not so many expressions available for Genesis 8.1.

Please show some usefulness of Dial Fusion for creating/managing such expressions.

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

nice!  thanks, y'all!  i've been hoping for this script for years.  installing now...

i haven't fired the script up yet, but i do already have a suggestion that y'all might consider incorporating into a future update:  add a fourth dial for controlling the level of the aggregate HD morphs used for the character...as most HD characters do.

:)

j

edited February 2021

"add a fourth dial for controlling the level of the aggregate HD morphs used for the character...as most HD characters do."

Can you explain what you mean?

Post edited by Zev0 on

sure.  for all of the genesis base figures i bought the HD addon for (and quite a few other vendors' HD figures as well), the HD morphs are controlled by their own slider.  so i have a full-character dial, a head dial, a body dial, and either a HD or a HD Details dial.  4 dials total for the character.

working with dialspun characters with multiple base HD figures (______ HD 32%, _____ HD 48%, l____ HD 24%), i find that the HD dial values often need to be adjusted separately from the base full-character or head or body values.  sometimes you run into intensely weird mesh distortion on the HD front when the same values look great at the base figure level.  and sometimes it's helpful to crank the HD details up a little higher than the base shape to bring out HD details in an area. 

make sense?

j

edited March 2021

Do this..Dial up all the HD morphs on its own and assign to a single HD Slider that you can add to any character. If you want that slider to be part of the character then dial up the character you made as a dial, and then the HD details slider you made and then resave/overwrite the Original Character dial. The HD slider you made will now be added to that character.

So

Create your character dial minus the HD Details

Step 2 Create a slider with only the wanted HD details

Step 3 Create a new or overwrite the original character dial while the HD Slider active and it will now be added.

The process will be similar if you choose a 3 dial setup, if the HD details has dedicated head HD morphs. If it does not detect any morphs being used under head it will not write a 3 dial setup.

Post edited by Zev0 on

ahh...okay.  thanks for the walkthrough, z.  i'll try that. 

j

yes

jardine said:

ahh...okay.  thanks for the walkthrough, z.  i'll try that. 

j

Please post some results, if possible.

After further consideration, I have bought this tool as well, but have no idea, how to use it.

Anyway, I just wanted to have a price reduction during the first week of March madness.