The Doctor Appreciation thread

Comments

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,574

And the crudely "cast" Venus de Milo with the blatant seam lines and the obious "plug" hiding that button!

Though I rather liked the swimming pool with its "period" design that Leela used in the first episode (and depicted in episode 6).

Sincerely,

Bill

• DodgerDodger Posts: 304
    edited August 2020

Mixed Corridor 01.png
    1602 x 1215 - 4M
    Post edited by Dodger on
    bluto said:

i would really love to see the copper sexy console room or the chrystal mystery console room made

I found this: https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/c8866b9dabb5cf8aca08066b31d87923/TARDIS-control-room-updated-March-2017

The image shown isn't very good but it's a sketchup image so one should not expect it to be.
    Download the Collada version to convert into something useful in Poser or DAZ with these sketchup models. Also, it will almost certainly need to be scaled and materials set.

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited August 2020
    Redfern said:

Oh!  I didn't realize you had already uploaded this version.

Amusing notion to have "linking" pieces to "segue" from one motif to another.

You're not gonna' depict the "brick and mortar" hallways and stairwells we saw in "The Invasion of Time" are you?  I understand the real life reasoning behind it and the "in story' explanation that "internal configuration" circuits can make the place look like anything, but...oy...  Too bad the production was not able to use a building with Greco-Roman motifs rather than "Birmingham Industrial" (for lack of a better description).

Sincerely,

Bill

Also canonoically supported in the mostly-lost episodes / novelization of Shada, wherein a fugitive Time Lord called Professor Chronotis (actually named Salyavin) disguises his TARDIS as professorial rooms at Cambridge.  Its external appearance was the door, and the Professor's Rooms are the interior of the TARDIS itself.

https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Shada_(novelisation)

Post edited by Eustace Scrubb on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    Also canonoically supported in the mostly-lost episodes / novelization of Shada, wherein a fugitive Time Lord called Professor Chronotis (actually named Salyavin) disguises his TARDIS as professorial rooms at Cambridge.  Its external appearance was the door, and the Professor's Rooms are the interior of the TARDIS itself.

Oh, that's sneaky!  

edited August 2020
    20102013Connector.png
    800 x 800 - 980K
    Post edited by Dodger on
  • blutobluto Posts: 823
    edited August 2020

something i got , and am rigging for poser

sexy.jpg
    1306 x 876 - 197K
    Post edited by bluto on

i know its a little dark , im still trying to set up lights 

Render 1000000.jpg
    1306 x 876 - 321K
  • How do folks,

I need a few bits, wondered if someone could point me in the right direction.

For Daz3D - I would like the following

A suitable room for the supreme council of Daleks and Emperor
    A Good Dalek Saucer model - if I can get this in obj format so I can put in elements for after effects, that would be epic

Many Thanks
    Matt

playing around withn a new custom console room concept

h g wells.jpg
    2040 x 1530 - 2M
  • Well, here's a turnup for the books — yet another Even Newer Paradigm Dalek design for the New Year Special.

Daleks with glowing go-faster stripes? Good grief...  <headdesk>

edited December 2020
    I think that the new production team is going to learn the lesson that Steven moffat learned when trying to change the silhouette of a very iconic Doctor who villain / monster , but having said that there were some aspects of the new design that I kind of liked
    Post edited by bluto on

i did a thing with some stuff

13 face.jpg
    700 x 910 - 374K
    13 kjuhlkjh.jpg
    700 x 910 - 311K
    13.jpg
    700 x 910 - 192K
    13 . 2.jpg
    700 x 910 - 262K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

bluto said:

i did a thing with some stuff

TMI

Understood but in my defense is the first time I've gotten anywhere near a real Jodie Whittaker morph

• SpottedKitty said:

Well, here's a turnup for the books — yet another Even Newer Paradigm Dalek design for the New Year Special.

Daleks with glowing go-faster stripes? Good grief...  <headdesk>

who said it was a Paradigm...?

more like.. shall we say.... Amazon..

• nightkinnightkin Posts: 194

we saw glimpses of this early in the year.  I rather like it (apart from the head) - it is reminiscent of some of Mechmaster's varients.  Nation always intended there be variations on the theme, but the BBC was restrained by it's budget (as in there wasnt one), so we saw very few.  The paradigms were a failure, as were the flying Dalek designed (but ultimately unused) for the 1996 movie - but this one works.   As for thelights - the Daleks were always meant to be lit up frm inside, but again the BBC couldnt afford it.

i dids another thing with more stuff

smith.jpg
    700 x 910 - 261K
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949

bluto said:

That is a great likeness !!

• ok leaving this here as a prediction

these Daleks do not have "Made In Skaro" anywhere on the Casing....

• bluto said:

Nice.  We definitely need new, Genesis 8 versions of all the Doctors, ideally from the First Doctor onward. 

As ever wishing not to disappoint anyone I will be making these in both Genesis 3 male for the most part and genesis 3female for the one 13th part and Genesis 8 male and One 13th part Genesis 8 female
  • MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,756
    edited December 2020

got one too. wink

Bad Wolf lores.jpg
    1600 x 899 - 253K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 2020
    Hey Masterstroke that is a wicked cool image
    Post edited by bluto on

Gonna throw out a challenge.   There were  a few things that messed up Genesis of the Daleks - one being a total lack of petrified (or otherwise) jungles or lakes around the Kaled city, and the second being the design of the Daleks themselves.  As soon as the first prototype trundles in the Doctor exclaims "A Dalek!  Very primitive, but still recognisably a Dalek!"   which seems rather odd because far from looking primitive, it looked exactly like the Daleks he had encountered in the far future.   I assumed that by the time the script came to the production crew there was neither the time nor money to build a set of proto-daleks, so the audience is just left scratching their heads wondering the Doctor would describe them as primitive.

So let's suppose that Genesis was made today with a big budget and enough time to design a Mark 3 Travel Machine - what would it look like?  Would the  first prototype have more removable panels or missing panels to enable further upgrades?  more lights?   a larger fender perhaps?  Anybody want to have a go at designing it?

like this i think

146177936_738256576818089_6868894809742433352_n.png
    1417 x 876 - 2M

Maybe it would have looked like the Daleks from the front of the old annuals.  they were more cone-like, and the skirt panels were slightly concave and all the same shape.  I always wondered if that was how Terry Nation wanted them to look, or perhaps the Artist didnt have enough source material.

a WIP.  still need to create a head and arms.  might try for a "glass" dome showing the battle computer and sensors etc, or I might play with some of the original ideas for the first Daleks.

proto dalek_001.jpg
    665 x 806 - 42K
    edited June 2021

Here you go, all. (Well, all except that one smeghead.):

https://sharecg.com/v/97837/view/11/Poser/Raxocoricofallapatorian

Post edited by Dodger on
  • arbee999arbee999 Posts: 104

Dodger said:

Here you go, all. (Well, all except that one smeghead.):

https://sharecg.com/v/97837/view/11/Poser/Raxocoricofallapatorian

Whoa!! Very cool