MEC4D's celebration ( with freebies ) [commercial]

Comments

• MEC4D said:

We have always Christmas eve and Thanksgiving eve big at last 18 people , then the rest of the holiday days quiet enjoying food and good movies ( no computer ) 

I actually prefer a quiet Christmas. A nice dinner, good movie and rendering smiley

No computer! That's my worst nightmare laugh

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

My too , but I know it is reseting in peace and not broken or I would have no peace laugh 

MEC4D said:

No computer! That's my worst nightmare laugh

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited November 2020

I actually prefer a quiet Christmas. A nice dinner, good movie and rendering smiley

...same here.  What is left of my family is pretty much scattered about on the other side of the country so wejust can't all get together anymore.  Besides, rail fares with sleeping accommodations (my preferred method of travel) have become ridiculously expensive, almost twice as much as even First Class Domestic Air. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on

If I was counting everyone including my very close family in Canada, we will need a conference hall for that , too many people  

but our close group is around so everyone go home after party , overnights are too expensive in this time around , but we plan to get all together in late summer 2021  if Rona goes away to celebrate life !

kyoto kid said:

...same here.  What is left of my family is pretty much scattered about on the other side of the country so we all just cant get together anymore.  Besides, rail fares with sleeping accommodations (my preferred method of travel) have become ridiculously expensive, almost twice as much as even First Class Domestic Air.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    MEC4D said:

I was playing with Poser12 , very fast rendering with all my GTX cards , 5 sec for a full Stonemason scene that was faster than in iray and super crisp with SuperFly .

However using true HDRI is still questionable so how PBR suppose to work without it as the surface can't reflect proper light values like in Filament ? any idea Richard , since you beta tested it 

or should I use emitters with HDRI maps ?

RAMWolff said:

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.  Quiet day.  I watched Steel Magnolias.  I laughed hard at the relationship between Ouiser and Clairee and other moments but cried my eyes out about death and birth and weddings.  I'm such a sap!  heart 

I know very little about HDR's honey.  I know that using the still in beta of Snarly's Python EZDome works very well.  The thing is allot of the HDR's don't come with IBL files and that really helps load up the default settings best for it.  Here is an example of Alex's Apartment using the EZDome.  Looks like a photograph to me so it's improved compared to Poser 11! 

Alex's Apartment.png
    940 x 940 - 932K

As for XMas, being a Wiccan I don't celebrate that but I do observe Yule but don't really do much.  I'm a homebody/nester type of person so being alone is my thing and as for NOT having a computer.  Just kill me!  LMAO 

edited November 2020
    RAMWolff said:
    MEC4D said:

I was playing with Poser12 , very fast rendering with all my GTX cards , 5 sec for a full Stonemason scene that was faster than in iray and super crisp with SuperFly .

However using true HDRI is still questionable so how PBR suppose to work without it as the surface can't reflect proper light values like in Filament ? any idea Richard , since you beta tested it 

or should I use emitters with HDRI maps ?

RAMWolff said:

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.  Quiet day.  I watched Steel Magnolias.  I laughed hard at the relationship between Ouiser and Clairee and other moments but cried my eyes out about death and birth and weddings.  I'm such a sap!  heart 

I know very little about HDR's honey.  I know that using the still in beta of Snarly's Python EZDome works very well.  The thing is allot of the HDR's don't come with IBL files and that really helps load up the default settings best for it.  Here is an example of Alex's Apartment using the EZDome.  Looks like a photograph to me so it's improved compared to Poser 11! 

...sort of reminds me of the apartment I had in New Orleans back in the 70s.

RAMWolff said:

As for XMas, being a Wiccan I don't celebrate that but I do observe Yule but don't really do much.  I'm a homebody/nester type of person so being alone is my thing and as for NOT having a computer.  Just kill me!  LMAO 

...being a follower of the Earth Mother myself, same here. Finally having my own place again I don't mind being "alone" either.  Grew up in a large household and had too many rough experiences in shared situations, mostly because I just wanted to be left alone with my work and I liked quiet.  I prefer being social when I feel like being social.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

Awwwwww, that's wonderful Kid.  HUGS 

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    edited December 2020
    3 Weeks till Christmas, how is the set(s) going?
    Post edited by DoctorJellybean on

I will tell you more after 13th DJ  

DoctorJellybean said:

• MEC4D said:

DoctorJellybean said:

It is now the 18th wink smiley

Sorry, working for a client , food on the table first, it is bad time for us , I hope we make it fine until 2021  

DoctorJellybean said:

MEC4D said:

DoctorJellybean said:

• we can wait, just hope all is OK with you and that bed under the bridge is not looming heart

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942

MEC4D said:

Sorry, working for a client , food on the table first, it is bad time for us , I hope we make it fine until 2021  

DoctorJellybean said:

MEC4D said:

DoctorJellybean said:

You do what you need to do, Cath. Me and my wallet will be here tomorrow, next week, next month/year, etc. smiley 

...keeping a roof over your head, food on the table, and power on for heat, lights, and your system (as that is also your source of income) is more important.  Like Wendy says, we can wait. 

After all, the best things are worth waiting for, and what I've seen of the room project, that adage is applicable.

Thanks everyone , it getting tight but still above the water and everything is starting falling in the right place, the lock down was just a nail to the coffin, we lost our car on top of that and my hubby walking 1 hour to work in the middle of a snow storm as if was not bad enough already, we cancel Christmas this year and both at work through the holidays weekend,  no big deal , most important we both healthy...2021 is coming , will be 1000 times better !

Thanks for the kind words ! there are a lot of people that have worse situation than me at this moment in this crazy times, I don't like to complain so not see it this way, just update on reality ! 

Peace hugs and light !

• MEC4D said:

Thanks everyone , it getting tight but still above the water and everything is starting falling in the right place, the lock down was just a nail to the coffin, we lost our car on top of that and my hubby walking 1 hour to work in the middle of a snow storm as if was not bad enough already, we cancel Christmas this year and both at work through the holidays weekend,  no big deal , most important we both healthy...2021 is coming , will be 1000 times better !

Thanks for the kind words ! there are a lot of people that have worse situation than me at this moment in this crazy times, I don't like to complain so not see it this way, just update on reality ! 

Peace hugs and light !

Apologies if I sounded impatient, it wasn't the intention smiley

I hope you and your family are ok, and as you say, 2021 can only be better.

We had some stressful days but it getting better now , I am positive 

It's OK you did not know , and I try to focus on the positive side of it all , doors are created to be closed but also to be open , I found the handle , now only timing .. 

Thank you DJ 

DoctorJellybean said:

MEC4D said:

Peace hugs and light !

Apologies if I sounded impatient, it wasn't the intention smiley

I hope you and your family are ok, and as you say, 2021 can only be better.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

You should submit the set to the store for sale.

• yes Yes. I would buy that instantly! So much love and work in it!

It will take too long , we will be ok after Jan.8 when I finish my currently project for customer

barbult said:

You should submit the set to the store for sale.

Thanks for the support ..  

Lothar Weber said:

yes Yes. I would buy that instantly! So much love and work in it!

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,088

OhMEC4D said:

Peace hugs and light

Oh, I am so very sorry. You are so talented. I've been buying from you since your M4 figures. 

Thanks, everything going to be OK , there is no other way as I never give up ! I am stubborn lol  

inquire said:

OhMEC4D said:

Peace hugs and light

Oh, I am so very sorry. You are so talented. I've been buying from you since your M4 figures. 

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Hi, I am so sorry to hear of your troubles, hope everything gets back on track very soon for you!

On another note, is your website down?  I was trying to go there and the page just keeps trying to load but never does ( using the link in your tagline)

• Kharma said:

On another note, is your website down?  I was trying to go there and the page just keeps trying to load but never does ( using the link in your tagline)

It is loading for me.

Thank you !

no everything working fine , I just checked , PC & Phone  try https://www.mec4d.net. extension changed to(.net ) no more (com )

Kharma said:

Hi, I am so sorry to hear of your troubles, hope everything gets back on track very soon for you!

P.S it going to be almost empty  by Jan.8th. your last chance ;) 

Kharma said:

WOW Cath.  I guess 2020 can't end without it kicking folks in the ass a bit more.  1 hour long walk in the snow to get to work.  No fun.  I hope things smooth out for ALL OF US in 2021.  Big hugs, lots of love and joyous yule and happy holidays!  heart

I feel sorry for him, but now the snow melted already so he can take Uber , I can't wait for this year to be over already, enough of everything already.

Happy Holidays Richard whatever you do I hope you enjoy it ! 

love and hugs !  heart

RAMWolff said:

WOW Cath.  I guess 2020 can't end without it kicking folks in the ass a bit more.  1 hour long walk in the snow to get to work.  No fun.  I hope things smooth out for ALL OF US in 2021.  Big hugs, lots of love and joyous yule and happy holidays!  heart