Genesis Morphing Business Suit Now in store [Commercial]

Comments

• MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

Excellent! When can we buy them?

Kendall

It might be a little while yet. We are doing four products altogether, and we need to get them all done so they can be bundled.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Ok, I can wait patiently. No, honestly, I can. *twitch* Really ... just a simple matter of *twitch* contemplating all the fine viands *twitch, twitch* I will purchase until stumping up the money for these sets *twitch* and the exquisite anticipation of a suit with a button hole (sorry, SY, I'm from the UK ... I don't call it a boutonierre (?sp) :)) *twitch* oh dammit, are we there yet???? ;)

• fictionalbookshelffictionalbookshelf Posts: 837
    edited December 1969

The suit looks wonderful. It's a nice change of pace from the usual items we see in the market. I wish there were more modest looking clothing instead of the skin tight items. Not that there is anything wrong with skin tight items because I use plenty of them.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Which base figures do you intend to include FBMs for, if any? While I realize that this is oriented primarily at male figures (which I rarely render), please consider FBMs/tweaks to make it work well with female figures as well.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited July 2012

The Troll and independent superdeformed figures are not included. Everything else basically is:

Gen 3: Freak3, Steph3, Victoria 3, Aiko3, David3, Hiro3
    Gen 4: M4, V4, A4, Girl4, H4, Freak4
    Gen 5: M5, V5, Upcoming Steph5

Plus Hitomi and Mr. Hyde. This is standard for all products with my name on them (there have been a few where I didn't do Hyde customs).

I'll get a render up later tonight or tomorrow so you can see the accurate bridging on the breasts. Part of the significant time investment on this has been all the custom morphs - you really can't get layering that looks good on loose clothing without custom FBMs.

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • TimmothTimmoth Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

Promising.
    Could the shoulders have a morph for a more squared look? Please :cheese:
    That might help give it a more crisp appearance overall, which seems missing at the moment...

edited December 1969

Timmoth said:
    Promising.
    Could the shoulders have a morph for a more squared look? Please :cheese:
    That might help give it a more crisp appearance overall, which seems missing at the moment...

There is a squared shoulders morph included, but it makes them bulkier because it has to be far enough from the underlying geometry that smoothing doesn't eliminate it. Crisp isn't something that's easy to do with smoothing and collision on.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Wow, not bad. But it looks really big. Can it be sized smaller?

The Troll and independent superdeformed figures are not included. Everything else basically is:

Gen 3: Freak3, Steph3, Victoria 3, Aiko3, David3, Hiro3
    Gen 4: M4, V4, A4, Girl4, H4, Freak4
    Gen 5: M5, V5, Upcoming Steph5.

WHAT!? REALLY!? :bug:
    edited July 2012

There's a tight morph shown in the earlier pic. This is about the best we can do and still have it able to fit over the shirt even with the shirt morphed into the body.

And *cough* no comment.

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    edited December 1969

Thank you for making a genesis business suit and thank you for the opportunity to provide some feedback early and get all this preview info.

My question is how to make a realistic James Bond wearing a modern and tight business suit. Would this new Product be the best solution, or a new custom "James Bond for M5" addon?

The attached Photo is my render target.

article-1084022-0265FF9D000005DC-164_468x659__91538_zoom.jpg
    468 x 659 - 129K
    edited December 1969

If I can't get the shoulders sharp now, an add-on will not help.

I'll experiment with the morphs a little more and see what I can do.

edited December 1969

The Bond Suit look.

Morphs:

Arm JCMs
    Tight Fit
    One button

Tight Pants
    Male Package 01 & 02 (mixed)

Forum4.jpg
    461 x 600 - 138K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

*swoooooons* Oh la la. Helllllooooo there, sharp-dressed man.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

The Bond Suit look.

All we need now is that pink number Liz was wearing on Friday night and the Union Jack parachutes ;)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,002
    edited December 1969

Great work! This is shaping up to be a must-have for me.

Requesting a collar button open morph, and will there be shoes and socks?

Ah...anticipation.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Ah...anticipation.

All of the buttons can be unbuttoned, one at a time or all at once.

The shoes and socks are part of Expansion 01.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,002
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Ah...anticipation.

YAYZ!!!!

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

This looks really nice. I've just started playing around with creating my own clothing items, so I've got a new appreciation for all the hard work you're putting in to this.

In my elation over seeing the Mr. Hyde morph supported (I'm already seeing some interesting renders in my minds's eye), I didn't notice the mention of the upcoming S5 at first. Hmmm, interesting...

edited August 2012

Retyping since thé forum logged Me out. Aaarrggh!

Good work, maybe thé slim hour glass shape Can be improved with a muscular character too.
    Why is thé shirt and collar under thé jacket? The New bond photo from the side illustrates this.
    Red: Possible to have a visible split Line between arm/body of thé jacket?

TO BE CONTINUED

bond.jpg
    300 x 386 - 11K
    g5rendertarget1.jpg
    468 x 659 - 306K
    Post edited by 3drendero on
    edited August 2012

Green, Can thé fold over material of thé jacket be Conforming to thé jacket body?
    BLUE, WILL there be multiple collar options for thé shirt? Looking for a low collar like Bond.
    Yellow, Will a big Watch work with thé shirt and jacket, with thé slim Conforming look?

sorry about thé spelling, short bad text and crap sketch, doing this on a 3 inch Android phone.

Edit, almost forgot, the pants crotch line looks strange, not the regular zipper type, more like, um, female bathing suit.

edited December 1969

I know there are collar options planned, including one to fold the ends of the collar up so it looks more like a tux shirt, but I think this is in Expansion 1, which also contains the bow tie. The watch is in Expansion 2, along with some chunky rings and prop versions of all the clothing so Bond can chuck them on the floor when he gets jiggy with the girl. lol

I'm pretty sure SickleYield is doing wrinkle morphs for the pants too, but she can confirm whether this is so.

The big seam on the shoulders makes the suit look a bit cheap to me, but I'll see what SickleYield says. If I was modeling the clothing and I had that seam, I would probably try to remove it. But maybe that's just me.

I'm sure the suit will be suitable for Bond even if it doesn't match your photo in every detail.

edited December 1969

The seam is visible up close or in larger view. That's as big as it's going to get or we have issues with the rigging and smoothing.

I hadn't done wrinkles for the pants for this version, but that's certainly doable.

edited December 1969

Just to show you that this really is a Morphing Business Suit...

shirt-morph1.jpg
    600 x 780 - 383K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Ah...anticipation.

Oh yeah!
    *imagines unbuttoning from top to down ... slowly*
    *swoons*

edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Oh yeah!
    *imagines unbuttoning from top to down ... slowly*
    *swoons*

lol. Try a cold shower and a nice lie down...

Here's another I did while testing morphs. This is really fantastic and SickleYield is just genius.

Navy.jpg
    700 x 910 - 408K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Ok, before I just wanted it, now I WANT it!!!!

edited August 2012

Thank you for thé answers.
    Thé jacket collar, thé material that is folded over, still looks strange since it is not Conforming to thé Base jacket, Will this be Possible to Change?
    Sorry about repeating thé same question, but neither my suits nor Bonds suits have these airy flaps.

New question, Will thé shirt buttons be of normal size in thé final Product? They look like twice thé normal size.

New question, Will thé shirt support additional texture packs with thé latest fashion of contrasting collars and insides?
    One example Photo is attached.

Excellent work so far.

file_1_3.png
    326 x 330 - 213K
    edited December 1969

I will provide a morph to shrink the buttons. I will try to make it so that the lapels can be morphed back as well, but that's tricky. The reason they're "floating" to begin with is because otherwise they tend to want to clip with the jacket itself - they cannot be ordered to collide with it because they're part of the same figure.

Full lining of the shirt and jacket is impossible, and thus contrasting interior is also impossible. Smoothing causes lining to clip with the main body of a garment when it is conformed to a figure.

edited December 1969

3drendero said:
    Thank you for thé answers.
    Thé jacket collar, thé material that is folded over, still looks strange since it is not Conforming to thé Base jacket, Will this be Possible to Change?
    Sorry about repeating thé same question, but neither my suits nor Bonds suits have these airy flaps.

New question, Will thé shirt buttons be of normal size in thé final Product? They look like twice thé normal size.

New question, Will thé shirt support additional texture packs with thé latest fashion of contrasting collars and insides?
    One example Photo is attached.

Excellent work so far.

You can easily retexture the shirt yourself using shaders such as Fabricator. You can put whatever designs you want on the shirt body, sleeves and collar. You can also change the diffuse colors on the included basically white or light textures to give different effects.

Here's a render to show how it makes a nice pantsuit for Hitomi using a number of the included morphs, including shortening the pants and making them into bell bottoms, shortening the jacket, nipping in the waist and changing the shirt collar.. All the textures used are included with my diffuse color changes.

Of course, the pant suit would look even nicer with a bit of kitbashing - ie putting a little camisole or T-shirt under the jacket.

Hitomi.jpg
    700 x 910 - 646K
    edited December 1969

That turned out super cute, Marieah!

If I ever get out from under the two expansions, I've thought about doing a more feminine jacket/cami combo to go with it, but we'll see. I may hate everything to do with suits by the time we get all of this done. :D