iWave dForce Soft Breast

marblemarble Posts: 7,449

dForce Soft Breast for Genesis 8 Females | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

Having just bought the Spring Dynamics script I see there's now another jiggle product (London buses, anyone?). I'd be interested to know if anyone has bought both and how they compare. I seem to remember the last attempt at using dForce for breast movement wasn't too successful but the video for this one looks quite promising. I do wish the vendors would consider including glutes as soft anatomy though.

Comments

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633
    edited November 2020

I decided not to at the last moment, with spring dynamics added, I don't need another one. The problem is that dForce is specifically for non-volumetric surface simulations. We need a volumetric 'dforce' to conserve volume in soft bodies. That said, this product can probably help in some cases or in tandem with spring dynamics. Maybe I am wrong and this product is different :)

Post edited by Paintbox on
  • Hm, there have been already two dForce items with that regards (which I bought) so I wonder if this is more of the same (for me unconvincing) stuff or better. And in my case I'm interested in it's capabilities for stills. So once somebody already bought it how does it do?

• LauritaLaurita Posts: 191
    edited November 2020

The dforce simulation actually works nicely, but it screws up all materials. So no bikini renders.

Post edited by Laurita on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    Laurita said:

The dforce simulation actually works nicely, but it screws up all materials. So no bikini renders.

Good to know.  Thanks.

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,609
    edited November 2020

The bewbs look a little wonky in the promo images. They don't just flatten out like that when one crosses their arms...the problem is that the simulation needs to take into account that they *move* as well as have soft body physics. Personally, I would use a combination of Zev0's breast pose products and a custom painted weight map simulation. I'm talking for stills...no idea on animation. 

Post edited by MelissaGT on

I've been using Lola69's Breastjig (Rendo) and Zev0's stuff and the Squish morphs for stills for some time now, and find it satisfactory.  Breastjig apparently also works for animations, but while I've not experimented with it, I'd probably try using that over a dForce product.

• Sevrin said:

I've been using Lola69's Breastjig (Rendo) and Zev0's stuff and the Squish morphs for stills for some time now, and find it satisfactory.  Breastjig apparently also works for animations, but while I've not experimented with it, I'd probably try using that over a dForce product.

So Breastjig is a script and should therefore run on Mac as well, right? Might give it a try as folks over there also do 50% currently. Apart from that I can recommend Breastacular (not Rendo but a different site starting with the same four letters). That product works completely different as it is a geograft for the whole area which copies the skin texture and comes with uncountable morphs and collision options. Not the right thing for animations though I suppose.

Sevrin said:

So Breastjig is a script and should therefore run on Mac as well, right? Might give it a try as folks over there also do 50% currently. Apart from that I can recommend Breastacular (not Rendo but a different site starting with the same four letters). That product works completely different as it is a geograft for the whole area which copies the skin texture and comes with uncountable morphs and collision options. Not the right thing for animations though I suppose.

Breastjig started out as a script and that works for G3 and previous Genesis characters.  For G8, there's an included plugin.  The script doesn't work for G8, but the plugin works for G3 and G8.  I've not tested earlier generations.

• Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:

Breastjig started out as a script and that works for G3 and previous Genesis characters.  For G8, there's an included plugin.  The script doesn't work for G8, but the plugin works for G3 and G8.  I've not tested earlier generations.

But as a plugin it might be platform-specific, no?

Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:

I know nothing about DS for Macs.  You can try contacting the vendor via Sitemail and hope for an answer before the sale's over.

• Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:

I know nothing about DS for Macs.  You can try contacting the vendor via Sitemail and hope for an answer before the sale's over.

Did so already. Unfortunately the readme on the site states nothing about the plugin. But if the ZIPs contained an installer and some COM, BAT or EXE-files chances are that this is windows only.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited November 2020

So from what I have read so far I think I will get to know the Spring Dynamics script I already have and leave it at that. I also have the Lola69 plugin but had problems from the initial install and couldn't get it to work. I noticed that there was an update recently so I will install that and try again. 

The best script I have tried so far was in the Freebies forum here a while back but it stopped working when DAZ Studio 4.11 was released. 

Post edited by marble on
    marble said:

So from what I have read so far I think I will get to know the Spring Dynamics script I already have and leave it at that. I also have the Lola69 plugin but had problems from the initial install and couldn't get it to work. I noticed that there was an update recently so I will install that and try again. 

The best script I have tried so far was in the Freebies forum here a while back but it stopped working when DAZ Studio 4.11 was released. 

The original included just the script and supported up to G3.  It's been updated at least twice since launch, once to add G8 support and the plugin, and once in the past month or two with additional tweaks.

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    edited November 2020

Nobody asked me but... cheeky

I'm missing something?, I do breast giggling using only puppeteer, the trick is simulate the counterforce and the time to apply that. cool

and you can only recreate such effects in any of 2 cases:

• if you are a woman
    • if you are a man with a lot of video references for that cause, ykwim. devil

Post edited by Zilvergrafix on
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190
    Laurita said:

what happens to the materials?  i'm curious.

j

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,415

I'm missing something?, I do breast giggling using only puppeteer, the trick is simulate the counterforce and the time to apply that. cool

• if you are a woman

Always thought two water filled balloons would be perfect for reference, unless you made jello replicas cheeky

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

• if you are a woman

What you may be missing is the fact that some of us might not be able to replicate the motion realistically enough. A script which calculates the motion is always going to look more realistic than anything I can imitate in Puppeteer. The freebie I mentioned earlier had all the features necessary such as gravity and damping sliders. Such a pity that the person who wrote that script disappeared from the forum and it never got updated.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,921
    PerttiA said:

• if you are a woman

Always thought two water filled balloons would be perfect for reference, unless you made jello replicas cheeky

It is, which is why D-Force would work much better if you want to simulate virtual natural breasts... 

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,609
    edited November 2020
    PerttiA said:

• if you are a woman

As a wearer of two objects that definately don't behave like water-filled balloons, I'd have to disagree... ;) 

Post edited by MelissaGT on
  • iwaveiwave Posts: 46
    Laurita said:

Hi, 

Could you please describe the materials problem you have encountered in more detail? I will try to fix it.

edited November 2020

iwave said:
    Laurita said:

Hi, 

Could you please describe the materials problem you have encountered in more detail? I will try to fix it.

When you use - for example - a character with Kayleeyss mats or with V3Digitimes Wet and tanned Skins  - or any other non.standard materiak I tried, the breast area will get overwritten with a base materieal , which will obviously not fit the remaining Torso mats.

Post edited by Laurita on
  • Interesting effect: if the dForce add-on is applied on the G8F zero pose, and the pose is then changed, the add-on stays in the zero pose until dForce simulation is started.

Laurita said:

iwave said:
    Laurita said:

Hi, 

When you use - for example - a character with Kayleeyss mats or with V3Digitimes Wet and tanned Skins  - or any other non.standard materiak I tried, the breast area will get overwritten with a base materieal , which will obviously not fit the remaining Torso mats.

Thank you very much for the information. 
    I have tested V3Digitimes Wet and tanned Skins. 
    The manual solution is as follows: 
    1. After applying V3D Skins, select Arms and Surfaces in the Surfaces panel, and save them as Shader Presets. Here, I named them "Arms shader" and "Torso shader", and created a sub-folder called "test materials issue" under the "dForce Soft Breast" forlder to keep them. 

2. Apply dForce Soft Breast. 

3. Select dForce Soft Breast in the Scene panel, then select Arms in the Surfaces panel, and apply the Arms shader to it. And then select Breast and apply the Torso shader to it. 

4. Do a rendering and you can see that the problem is resolved. 

I will modify the script to automate these steps. 

01.jpg
    612 x 257 - 62K
    02.jpg
    586 x 725 - 81K
    03.jpg
    1920 x 885 - 299K
    04.jpg
    500 x 650 - 141K

Awesome, many thanks!

• RaketeRakete Posts: 90

Anyone else having problems just applying this? When I select Genesis 8 Female and double click the icon, all I get is an "An error occured while reading the file", the log also does not contain anything more specific then that. 

• RaketeRakete Posts: 90

I can't edit my previous comment, but I just managed to solve my problem by installing this product with the install manager instead of throuch the Smart Content tab.

• The above described method for fixing materials is not working for me. I am trying to use materials from Aurore for G8F by Kayleyss and as far as I know there's nothing special about those character materials, but applying the torso surface to the breast surface doesn't fix the issue. I tried to do it as a saved shader preset as instructed and it made no difference, the material on the breast is much darker for some reason, even though all of the parameters on both surfaces match. 

I also tried applying the materials to G8F and running the script, and it automatically applied the surface material from the character's torso to the breast. But it still doesn't match.

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385

marble said:

What you may be missing is the fact that some of us might not be able to replicate the motion realistically enough. A script which calculates the motion is always going to look more realistic than anything I can imitate in Puppeteer. The freebie I mentioned earlier had all the features necessary such as gravity and damping sliders. Such a pity that the person who wrote that script disappeared from the forum and it never got updated.

in fact nobody will do realistic movement, scripts or puppeter, we will always get a "Dead or Alive 6" videogame giggling with such scripts and as always the most accurate software for that tasks is just outside Daz and Daz scripts, I saw a video doing excellent jiggling on Maya but took the process 3 long videos and lost the track in what channel was that tutorial.

thoreandan said:

The above described method for fixing materials is not working for me. I am trying to use materials from Aurore for G8F by Kayleyss and as far as I know there's nothing special about those character materials, but applying the torso surface to the breast surface doesn't fix the issue. I tried to do it as a saved shader preset as instructed and it made no difference, the material on the breast is much darker for some reason, even though all of the parameters on both surfaces match. 

I also tried applying the materials to G8F and running the script, and it automatically applied the surface material from the character's torso to the breast. But it still doesn't match.

Hi, 
    I have found the cause of the problem. In Aurore's skin material settings, there is a property called 'SSS Reflectance Tint'. 
    Usually ,the 'Use Limits' for this property should be checked by default, but Kayleyss unchecked it and set 'SSS Reflectance Tint' to 2.05, 3.00, 3.00. 
    In the material settings of the dForce Soft Breast, the maximum value of 'SSS Reflectance Tint' is 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 due to the limitation of 'Use Limits'. 
    So in the rendering results, there is a color difference between the dForce Soft Breast and the surrounding skin. 

To solve this problem: 
    1. Select 'dForce Soft Breast' in the Scene pane and then go to the Surfaces pane. 
    2. Select 'dForce Soft Breast > Breast' and find 'SSS Reflectance Tint'. Uncheck its 'Use Limits' in the Parameter Settings window, then change its value to 2.05, 3.00, 3.00. 
    3. Select 'dForce Soft Breast > Arms' and find 'SSS Reflectance Tint'. Uncheck its 'Use Limits' in the Parameter Settings window, then change its value to 2.05, 3.00, 3.00. 
    Render again and you will get the correct results. 

• That worked, thanks. Good catch on which setting was different, I thought I had compared every parameter but I missed that one somehow. I didn't even know color values could be set higher than 1.0.