Genesis Morphing Business Suit Now in store [Commercial]

MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
edited September 2012 in The Commons

The suit and all the add-on products are now in the store:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/marieah

The suit is in five separate pieces - pants, jacket, shirt, tie and handkerchief. Yes, the jacket will open and there will be tons of other morphs as well. And yes, as you can see, the suit is loose fitting.

This has been very difficult to achieve, and my admiration for the skills of SickleYield's skills is boundless.

Here are some renders showing some of the included textures. There are several, including the broadcloth in the third image, designed for you to add your own diffuse color to.

Post edited by Marieah on

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited July 2012

Will there be a bow tie? how about suspenders?

edit; sorry forgot to add that it looks fabulous. cheers!

Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Looking good!

I already have SickleYield's Genesis tops 2 and pants (her genesis refits from her previous Gen 4 sets), but I like it when my guys don't look like they all shop for suits at the same store.

:)

• MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

Bow tie and morphs to change the collar will be in an add-on pack.

No suspenders. Sorry.

brown2.jpg
    700 x 910 - 483K
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited December 1969

Looking good!

I already have SickleYield's Genesis tops 2 and pants (her genesis refits from her previous Gen 4 sets), but I like it when my guys don't look like they all shop for suits at the same store.

:)

This geometry was made for Genesis (it's not the same as the other suit) and to work with smoothing. There will be definite benefits to having them both. Among other things, the collar is integrated with the shirt on this one, so one won't have to manually dial it open on the open morphs.

I'm doing the custom morphs as we speak, starting with the pants and working my way out through the layers.

edited December 1969

And another one...

white2.jpg
    700 x 910 - 451K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

Looking Great!
    Genesis really needs some clothes for business :-)
    Autofit works only to a certain extent, I got many for M3 & M4.

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Looking Great!
    Genesis really needs some clothes for business :-)
    Autofit works only to a certain extent, I got many for M3 & M4.

Yes, I agree. There are several pairs of business-type shoes, but nothing to wear them with.

I'm posting this to show it works for the girls as well. With the waistcoat and hat that will be in one of the add-on sets, this might be the new Cuore di Moda http://www.daz3d.com/shop/v4-cuore-di-moda/

redgirl.jpg
    600 x 780 - 68K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited July 2012

I can see that you've done a lot of work on this product. Unlike 99.9% of items in the store, this does not stick to the body like a second skin. That alone makes it pretty unique. My first impression at seeing the promo shots is that the suit looks like it is way too big for the person wearing it. In particular, the sleeves look too loose for my taste. The garment size looks more like an overcoat fit than a suit fit to me. (Of course I live in Florida, so what do I know of coats!) If I saw a person in this suit in real life, I would think they must have lost an awful lot of weight lately. Are there any options in the product for how closely or loosely the suit fits?

Post edited by barbult on
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    I can see that you've done a lot of work on this product. Unlike 99.9% of items in the store, this does not stick to the body like a second skin. That alone makes it pretty unique. My first impression at seeing the promo shots is that the suit looks like it is way too big for the person wearing it. In particular, the sleeves look too loose for my taste. The garment size looks more like an overcoat fit than a suit fit to me. (Of course I live in Florida, so what do I know of coats!) If I saw a person in this suit in real life, I would think they must have lost an awful lot of weight lately. Are there any options in the product for how closely or loosely the suit fits?

There will be. I'm doing the custom morphs as we speak (currently pants are done and shirt in progress). You will have to turn off smoothing and collision on the shirt for it to fit under the tight jacket morphs, but that should not be a problem given that a. only the collar and upper front will be visible and b. the extra morphs should help fix any visible clipping.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

The only comment I have is that the Coat has "breasts." Suits for men don't. There is no curvature at all between the sides and underarms. These promos all look like suits for women being worn by men.

Kendall

edited December 1969

barbult said:

There will be. I'm doing the custom morphs as we speak (currently pants are done and shirt in progress). You will have to turn off smoothing and collision on the shirt for it to fit under the tight jacket morphs, but that should not be a problem given that a. only the collar and upper front will be visible and b. the extra morphs should help fix any visible clipping.
    Good to hear and fast reply! I look forward to some more product images as the work progresses, This could be good!

edited December 1969

The only comment I have is that the Coat has "breasts." Suits for men don't. There is no curvature at all between the sides and underarms. These promos all look like suits for women being worn by men.

Kendall

Yup. JCM are in progress.

edited December 1969

barbult said:

The sleeves look big only because I have set them to collide with the shirt and the shirt is loose too. This will not be needed once all the morphs are done, so it won't look so puffy.

Kendall

Again, it's colliding with the shirt, which it won't need to do when the custom morphs are done. All Genesis clothing does this so some extent in certain poses. I'm surprised you haven't noticed. It is not made for a woman.

There is so much criticism - not questioning - but straight out slagging that I'm regretting starting this thread and starting to wonder whether doing a suit for Genesis was even a good idea.

The major gripe with the last business suit was that it was too tight.

edited December 1969

Kendall

Yup. JCM are in progress.

Nice. It'll be good to have "regular wear" for people.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    barbult said:

The sleeves look big only because I have set them to collide with the shirt and the shirt is loose too. This will not be needed once all the morphs are done, so it won't look so puffy.

Kendall

Again, it's colliding with the shirt, which it won't need to do when the custom morphs are done. All Genesis clothing does this so some extent in certain poses. I'm surprised you haven't noticed. It is not made for a woman.

There is so much criticism - not questioning - but straight out slagging that I'm regretting starting this thread and starting to wonder whether doing a suit for Genesis was even a good idea.

It does seem a little ruder than I was expecting, but that's okay. I think as people see the design evolve through the morphs there will be more positivity.

This is a project requiring a lot of technical fiddling, which is unquestionably why there haven't been tons of Genesis suits already. ;)

edited December 1969

Marieah said:

... There is so much criticism - not questioning - but straight out slagging that I'm regretting starting this thread and starting to wonder whether doing a suit for Genesis was even a good idea.

Ouch!!! I didn't even know what "slagging" was. Urban dictionary says:

1) U.K. criticism: a series of insulting, mocking, or critical comments.

2) USA: To sleep with someone.

I certainly did not think either Kendall or I was insulting or mocking. The feedback was intended to be potential customer input to help improve the product so more people will be attracted to buy it and to determine whether it was appropriate for my needs. I guess you might say that was criticism, but I thought you posted these image in order to get feedback. No?

edited July 2012

A quick render to show that the puffiness is caused by the pose, and the size is caused by the shirt. The morphs to fit the jacket over it are not yet done.

It is more polite to ask a question than to leap to an erroneous conclusion.

Edit: It was the tone of the comments that got to me. If you reread them, you'll see what I mean. I accept that you did not intend to express it that way.

Image_33.jpg
    630 x 723 - 55K
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Yay! Is there gonna be a vest? I have hopes for a Ianto Jones for Genesis, you see . . . %-P

edited December 1969

Yay! Is there gonna be a vest? I have hopes for a Ianto Jones for Genesis, you see . . . %-P

I said in a previous post that there would be waistcoat in an add-on product.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

OMG! So cool!

We can has this manner of cravat, for those who want to blend business with a touch of anachronism?
    http://i-like-historical-clothing.blogspot.fi/2009/09/neckcloth.html
    http://www.lansdownsoftware.co.uk/images/cr110.jpg

edited July 2012

The waistcoat is part of the expansion. A cravat is planned as well, although given the plethora of styles we haven't discussed yet just what kind.

Post edited by SickleYield on
    edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    barbult said:

Kendall

No, not criticism, just breathless anticipation. People wanting to help pointing out what might not be noticed. This type of product is sorely missed and is going to draw LOTS of attention. I can tell you that it'll be purchased immediately here, regardless of whether the "breasts" get worked out. I've got a project where I *need* females in suits -- and not suits designed for quick exit if you know what I mean. As for the males, if it comes to it, I'm not afraid of modeling... :-)

Normally, I wouldn't bother mentioning the "breasts" and would fix it myself after purchase. But I know your penchant for "getting things right" and thought I'd mention it in case you didn't have good reference material.

As for the "feminism" of clothing: it hasn't gone unnoticed. Part of it is that the base shape for genesis is slightly feminine, and unless the PA compensates for the "reduction" in the male physique, the "hourglass" in the clothing does tend to stay.

Kendall

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Seriously, don't get discouraged -- where's that darn Fry image macro with a wad of cash? Last week when the business suit for M4 was for sale, I was waffling about and wondering if I should get it. "Naaah, I can live without it couple of months longer." And look! Now I am on my knees and going "I WANT THIS I NEED THIS OMG I REALLY LIKE HER MANE". Keep going! Fiddle with the morphs, and give us the finest suits possible! :)

So, I'm waiting and counting time 'till I can get this one... and you BET that if there are buttons or such, they're SO going to get Gemologica treatment! (Oh! We can haz tie clips with gems, cufflinks and such?)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

Ooops, I did not mean to be negative. I thought that it looks great. I hope you still bring it out as a product.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Marieah said:

I said in a previous post that there would be waistcoat in an add-on product.
    Which somehow I didn't spot when I page-seached for the word "vest". :red: Thanks!
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Are we there yet? ;)

Clothing is never going to truly hang correctly without a huge investment of time by the one doing the posing. What this set looks to do is address the long, long, loooooooooong-term moaning by many (me included, I think) to produce decent 'normal' wear for the male figures. And, I have to say, with all due respect to those who have passed comments, I think this set looks bloody good and I will be buying it as soon as I set eyes on it in the store.

Now, having said that .... is there any chance, however small, that if I were to make sad puppy eyes that you might consider adding a button hole?

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Are we there yet? ;)

Clothing is never going to truly hang correctly without a huge investment of time by the one doing the posing. What this set looks to do is address the long, long, loooooooooong-term moaning by many (me included, I think) to produce decent 'normal' wear for the male figures. And, I have to say, with all due respect to those who have passed comments, I think this set looks bloody good and I will be buying it as soon as I set eyes on it in the store.

Now, having said that .... is there any chance, however small, that if I were to make sad puppy eyes that you might consider adding a button hole?

Unless she decides to texture one on, no. Slits in geometry are something smoothing and collision handle badly without special reinforcement, and that reinforcement is almost impossible on something as small as a buttonhole (which is why I didn't model any on) -

Oh. You mean like a boutonniere!

Not in the main pack, but adding it to the second expansion (smartprops) is not out of the question.

edited July 2012

Just finished the JCM on the jacket. The first pic shows without the Tight Fit morphs, and the second one is with them. Collision must be turned off on the shirt for proper use of the tight fit, and the sleeve material is hidden while the cuff material is visible.

As with any product where I'm allowed and it seems a good idea, JCM are optional under another morph heading, so the amount of them can be adjusted by the user for a given pose. Pic 3 shows another front view with the JCM at maximum.

Forum3.jpg
    462 x 600 - 176K
    Forum2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 286K
    Forum1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 317K
    Post edited by SickleYield on
    edited July 2012

SimonJM said:
    Are we there yet? ;)

I did think about the button hole, and I will put one on for the planned texture expansion - for the buttons and the for lapel flower that is planned for one of the expansions. This is textured with a combination of mapped textures and tiles. Details like the buttons with thread and the inner fly zipper you won't see until you use the "undo pants" morph use a texture map. The main body uses tiles.

When I put the main textures on the map, even at 3000 by 3000 just for jacket, the quality didn't begin to compare with the 6000 by 6000 I get by using tiled textures on the main suit. It wouldn't matter for most items, but for a highly tailored suit like this it really makes a massive difference to the look at feel of it...ie cheap suit vs expensive suit.

So the short answer is no and yes. No for the textures in the base pack - and there are plenty of them - and yes for the texture add-on, that will take it in different directions with velvets and gold cloth and tweedy textures with leather patches.

I'm really pleased you like it. SickleYield is in ineed putting in a massive investment

The jacket is looking great! I'm looking forward to the next update.

edited December 1969

Just finished the JCM on the jacket. The first pic shows without the Tight Fit morphs, and the second one is with them. Collision must be turned off on the shirt for proper use of the tight fit, and the sleeve material is hidden while the cuff material is visible.

As with any product where I'm allowed and it seems a good idea, JCM are optional under another morph heading, so the amount of them can be adjusted by the user for a given pose. Pic 3 shows another front view with the JCM at maximum.

Excellent! When can we buy them?

Kendall