Updated Genesis & Genesis 2 Products List & Thing To Be Aware Of

Comments

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

@Mike, MickyBel, & everyone.

Thanks I updated those and I also added some other items.

Also added

Beach Bunny (DIM) (Genesis 2 Males) (DSON) Notes: DIM files last updated on 5-28-2013.)
    Gianni 6 HD Add-On (DIM) (Genesis 2 Males) (DSON) Notes: DIM files last updated on 4-22-2013.)
    Inside the Asylum Bundle (DIM) (Genesis 2 Males) (DSON) (Notes: Updated: 4-6-2014 Tutorial Is also a bundle.)
    Sci-Fi Warrior Bundle (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON) (Notes: Updated: 4-5-2014 Tutorial Is also a bundle.)
    To the Beat Poses (DIM) (Genesis / Genesis 2 Females) (DSON) (Notes: Updated: 4-10-2014.)

@opal42987,

This list just started out as a small list of Genesis products that got updated a few years back as the only way to know if something was updated in the past was to re-download it and check or if some one made a post. It also included know issues that people had when updating products as that was scattered in several places on the older forum. When Genesis 2 came out it was retitled and expanded to cover Genesis 2 products.

It does not cover different UV maps and comparability of textures for older models and newer generation products of older products. That is far beyond the scope of what this list's primary and original purpose is, which is to just list when something was updated, and would require additionally way too much time to even add to this list if I even had that information.

However, when an older products has been updated to include files to make it work with a Genesis or Genesis 2 version it is included on the list when I am aware of it.

This list is fan maintained and just keeping it up to date as is takes a good bit of time.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

And I, as somebody who only begins to use DIM to download and has a lot of not DIM-downloaded products, am very grateful for the heads up on updates!

• MickyBeMickyBe Posts: 336
    edited June 2014

New :

Elene HD for Victoria 6 (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)

Updates :

All DIM Files updated on 6-4-2014.

Emotions for Teen Josie (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)
    Mystic Giselle 6 (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)
    Neat Pleats (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)
    Ryze (DIM) (Genesis 2 Males) (DSON)
    Super Hero Equipment for Genesis 2 Male (DIM) (Genesis 2 Males) (DSON)
    Young Teens 5 Julie (DIM) (Genesis) (DSON)

Post edited by MickyBe on
    edited December 1969

Thanks MickBel,

added and updated all of them.

Thanks Kerya,

for the appreciative words.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Hopefully Daz fixed the issue with Julie's bump map not loading. I would load her skin and look at her torso but I'm in the middle of another scene.

edited December 1969

Hopefully Daz fixed the issue with Julie's bump map not loading. I would load her skin and look at her torso but I'm in the middle of another scene.

The Readme says it's updated for fixing the torso bump problem.

Updated:
    Actual Eyes 4
    Readme doesn't say why ... http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/18695/start
    Folder dates are 10.04.2014 ... but DIM told me it's an update ... don't ask me ...

edited June 2014

Updates :

Arrowhead for Genesis 2 Female(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON) (DIM Files updated on 6-4-2014)
    Beautiful Bends for Genesis 2 Female(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON) (DIM Files updated on 6-6-2014)
    Belle Textures for Bellissima (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON) (DIM Files updated on 6-4-2014)
    Belissima for Genesis 2 Female(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON) (DIM Files updated on 6-4-2014)
    Elene HD for Victoria 6 (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON) (DIM Files updated on 6-7-2014)
    TEC5 for Genesis 2 Female(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON) (DIM Files updated on 6-3-2014)
    Wrap Dress for Genesis 2 Female(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON) (DIM Files updated on 6-6-2014)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Paxton Hair for Genesis PoserCF 5/24/2014 path changes (PoserCF only)
    Dragon Rage PoserCF 5/28/2014 remove metadata from PoserCF
    Casual Afternoon Textures 6/6/2014 path and filename changes

edited December 1969

Thanks MickyBel, Kerya, & Mike,

I updated everything that needed to be.

I also added these items:

Using Auto-Fit - Genesis to Genesis 2 Female (Genesis / Gensis 2 Females) (1.0)
    Using Auto-Fit - Genesis to Genesis 2 Male (Genesis / Gensis 2 Males) (1.0)

edited December 1969

Mec4D Hercules for Genesis 2 Male(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 males) (DSON) 2014-05-22 Folder dates
    Mec4D The Spartan for Genesis 2 Male(s) (DIM) (GENESIS 2 males) (DSON) 2014-05-13 Folder dates

edited December 1969

Update :

Elene HD for Victoria 6 (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON) (Note: DIM Files Updated on 6-8-2014)

edited December 1969

Thanks Kerya and MicykBel,

I added and updated them.

I also added one item to the list.

Also Added:

Time Assassin (DIM) (Genesis 2 Males) (DSON) (Notes: DIM files last updated on 5-29-2014.)

edited December 1969

DIM gave me another update on
    Young Teens 5 Julie (DIM) (Genesis) (DSON)
    Folder dates now 4.6.2014

edited December 1969

Casual Afternoon Textures 6/9/2014 tags only, no change to product
    Young Teens 5 Julie PoserCF 6/9/2014 remove unnecessary file

edited December 1969

New :

Flirty Summer for Genesis 2 Female(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)
    Playful for Flirty Summer (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)

edited December 1969

thanks Kerya, Mike, & MickyBel,

I added and updated all of them.

I also added:

Crossbows (DIM) (Genesis 2 Males) (DSON) (Notes: DIM files updated: 4-25-2014 DSON Core / 4-27-2014 CF / 4-10-2014 Temps.)
    Northmen (DIM) (Genesis 2 Males) (DSON) (Notes: DIM files last updated on 6-3-2014.)
    Rama Drum Solo Poses (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females / Genesis 2 Males) (DSON) (Notes: DIM files last updated on 5-5-2014.)
    Reign (DIM) (A3 / Genesis / Genesis / 2 F / Girl / Laura / V4) (DSON) (Notes: Updated: 3-21-2014 . Cloak textures are only for Genesis 2 F.)
    SciFi Weapons Collection (DIM) (Genesis / Genesis 2 F / Genesis 2 M) (DSON) (Notes Updated: 5-30-2014 Core, CF, & Ps / 5-29-2014 Temps.)
    Viking for Genesis 2 Male(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 M) (DSON) (Notes: DIM files updated: 5-30-2014 DSON Core & Temps. / 6-2-2014 CF.)

Notes: I'm not sure what of everything changed in the Young Teens 5 Julie updates that were resorted the CF has a 6-9-2014 date but the Core also reported an update with 4-6-2014 dates which is what the DSON Core has and the previous version had. So I'm guessing DAZ just changed one file or did another update on the same day which is why the DSON Core files show a 4-6-2014 date. This has happened before and I made a note that the Core files were reported to be updated too. The folder dates in cases in the past didn't change with similar updates,

edited December 1969

On Reign the cloak textures will work on the Genesis Cloak Pack also.

On Young Teen Julie the 6/4 update fixed the missing bump map on the torso. The 6/9 update is only the PoserCF to remove an extra unused file.

edited December 1969

Thanks Mike,

I just did an update to those two items.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited June 2014

On Young Teen Julie the 6/4 update fixed the missing bump map on the torso. The 6/9 update is only the PoserCF to remove an extra unused file.

Oddly enough, the missing bump map is only visible during renders using Luxrender of the way Luxrender handles bump strength. The lack of bump maps is not noticeable in 3Delight.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/610964/

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/611048/

edited for clarity.

Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 1969

Updates :

Beautiful Bends for Genesis 2 Female(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON) (Note: DIM Files updated on 6-11-2014)
    Eruanna for Giselle 6 (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON) (Note: DIM Files updated on 6-10-2014)
    Janessa for Genesis (DIM) (Genesis / V4) (DSON) (Note: DIM Files updated on 6-10-2014)

edited December 1969

On Janessa, the update was to fix the specular settings on the limbs. The Genesis and PoserCF versions changed; no change to the V4 version.

edited December 1969

Thanks Mike, MickyBel, & starionwolf for all the update info.

I updated the list.

• ChromaDrakeChromaDrake Posts: 288
    edited June 2014

Thanks for these suggestions. I have been having issues with Genesis getting a duplicate formula error when it is loaded and the Genesis 2 Creature Creator HD morphs not showing on any Victoria 6 character at all. I tried to uninstall DAZ but I did not carry out some of the tricks you mention the OP, liking re-installing content in blocks and re-opening DAZ between them as well as other tips etc.

At least it gives me something to try, though honestly at this point it's draining all the creative energy I once had trying to get the Genesis 2 figures to properly function.

Post edited by ChromaDrake on
    edited December 1969

New:

Diamond Glitter (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)

edited December 1969

@ MickyBel,

Thanks, I got that updated.

@Doctor Overload

Glad the info was of some help.

Most of the Duplicate ID issues were reported fixed in newer version of products. In a lot of cases that got mentioned on the forums the uninstallers for products didn't remove every file which caused the problem when updating. I also got told this by tech at DAZ when you used to be able to call and speak to a tech via the phone. You had to go in a manually make sure everything was removed before installing the newest version.

I hope you get everything working.

• ChromaDrakeChromaDrake Posts: 288
    edited June 2014

Jay_NOLA said:

@Doctor Overload

Glad the info was of some help.

Most of the Duplicate ID issues were reported fixed in newer version of products. In a lot of cases that got mentioned on the forums the uninstallers for products didn't remove every file which caused the problem when updating. I also got told this by tech at DAZ when you used to be able to call and speak to a tech via the phone. You had to go in a manually make sure everything was removed before installing the newest version.

I hope you get everything working.

Thank you for the reply!

Actually things seem to be getting worse and worse every time I do an uninstall/re-install of content and from what you describe could the buggy uninstallers could be the cause? Are there specific folders should I look to delete or should I just delete any folder with 'DAZ' in it?

Your reply also made me check my DIM settings and I previously had everything being loaded onto my D:drive but now I see that somehow the settings have been changes to the C: drive! So I have two versions of DAZ on the C and D drive, and I wonder if that could that be part of the issue.

Does the DIM reset the path settings when an update or re-install occurs? I am *positive* I never changed those settings, I try to keep all of my content and the DAZ program itself on my D: drive.

I suppose I should just uninstalling everything and deleting every folder with 'DAZ' in it on both C and D drives? Sorry for all the questions but I'm still waiting for a support reply.

(I really hope my UserData will work when I re-import it :( I've written down the paths I used and I can enter them again after the total nuke and re-install)

Post edited by ChromaDrake on
    edited December 1969

UserData only has relative paths, so it won't matter if you uninstall the stuff that was installed on the C: drive and reinstall it on D: before re-importing metadata. In the Installed tab you can right-click on one of the items that was installed to the wrong location and choose "Filter Products > Same Installed To" to just get the ones installed to the wrong path.

Products installed with DIM are correctly uninstalled when paths change in an update (and all of the Duplicate ID's should have been fixed before DIM became available, anyway). As I recall the DAZ products which had the problem were the Genesis Evolution head/body/expression morphs and the M4 and V4 Legacy Shapes for Genesis.

edited December 1969

DIM should keep your settings when it updates, but it may be that there was a glitch during the update when they moved the settings out of the Public folders.

edited June 2014

New :

Aiko 6 Battle Girl (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)
    BWC - Look at me (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)

Aiko 6 Pro Bundle :

Aiko 6 (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)
    Bow Skirt for Genesis 2 Female(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)
    Capricornia for Genesis 2 Female(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)
    Capsces Aiko 6 Poses (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)
    Cyria (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)
    Essential Aiko Poses for Aiko 6 (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)
    Essina Outfit for Genesis 2 Female(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)
    FW Lin (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)
    Hikari Hair (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)
    Janna Hair (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females / V4) (DSON)
    Lotus (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)
    Miwa Anime Hair for Genesis 2 Female(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)
    Riven (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)
    Sweet Girl Poses for Aiko 6 (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON)

Asian Prop Set (DIM) (DSON)

edited December 1969

Thanks, Mike for the info.

Thanks MickyBel, I added all of them.

I also added some other products.

Also Added:

Capricornia Textures (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON) (Notes: DIM files updated last on 5-29-2014.)
    Essina Outfit Textures (DIM) (Genesis 2 Females) (DSON) (Notes: DIM files last updated on 5-2-2014.)