Daz Studio 4.14 Pro, General Release!

Comments

• mark128 said:
    mark128 said:

I have found a weird problem with the way the Environment Options are being handled in 4.14.

If I have a scene using one of the Painter's Lights environments that does not use an Environment Map, like for example "Painter's Lights Sunset" and I save the scene, exit DAZ Studio, kill the process in the task manager, start DAZ Studio again and reload the scene, then the default Environment Map is set and the scene renders wrong.  I have to manually go change the Environment Map to none every time I load the scene. 

Do you have a link for that set, so that I can try it myself.

Painter's Lights does not seem to be listed in the store anymore. At least I cannot find it and the link from my product library to the store page is broken. Must have been removed. 

The product index is 22135. 

Ok, it might be that set. If you have one, can you try a different set? An example is DA Real World Lighting, as it doesn't use an Environment map. If you don't have that, just use the Sun-Sky Only option in Environment Mode. Leave Draw Dome off, change the time and save.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

Anything in the scene that has the Oso Blendy shader https://www.daz3d.com/oso-blendy-two-layer-shader-for-iray applied to it immediately crashes Daz Studio when you go to render in Iray. This is an issue that has been consistent with the last few releases - but it's usually fixed by the time the General Release rolls out - this time it wasn't fixed with the General Release and it still crashes Daz Studio upon rendering in Iray if Anything with Blendy applied to it is in the scene. 

• I think a Windows update came on my computer last night and screwed everything up. I just got this computer last Friday and the past two days it's been a dream since 4.14 came out. I have a 3090 card and I couldn't be happier. I woke up today to find my computer restarted during the night (I had a shot rendering for my animated Movember submission and it was at the login page) and all day long now it'll render 40-75 frames and then suddenly crash. Having to constantly reload it every twenty-five minutes and start from the next batch of frames is annoying but doable if I'm sitting here, but I want to let my 800 frame shot render overnight and don't think that's going to happen. I wish I knew what version of Windows it was on by default. I had the most updated Nvidia driver from two days ago as well. 

Try reinstalling the latest NVIDIA driver.

• 3Diva said:

Anything in the scene that has the Oso Blendy shader https://www.daz3d.com/oso-blendy-two-layer-shader-for-iray applied to it immediately crashes Daz Studio when you go to render in Iray. This is an issue that has been consistent with the last few releases - but it's usually fixed by the time the General Release rolls out - this time it wasn't fixed with the General Release and it still crashes Daz Studio upon rendering in Iray if Anything with Blendy applied to it is in the scene. 

This has been reported to nVidia, there is no ETA on a fix though.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    3Diva said:

This has been reported to nVidia, there is no ETA on a fix though.

Thanks, Richard. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon. That is a great product and also a merchant resource but anything made with it just crashes Daz Studio, so it's extremely frustrating. 

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 740

The Install Manager log file says:

WARNING: Network Error while downloading to file "C:/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/Downloads/IM00013176-02_DAZStudio414Win64bit.zip.{78af245c-9523-5582-bf66-403abcab32d8}.part":
        Could not complete download, file guid does not match; 66d32b91-1b29-a64e-8ba0-24f44c0ebf00 != 78af245c-9523-5582-bf66-403abcab32d8.

Any suggestions for what to try next?

Open the file "C:/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/Downloads/IM00013176-02_DAZStudio414Win64bit.dsx" in Notepad (or any text editor) and examine the line:

<ProductFileGuid VALUE="78af245c-9523-5582-bf66-403abcab32d8"/>

It should be as above.  Assuming it is it may be what I experience; DIM gets at least close to 100% gets a network error and promptly deletes the whole downloaded .part file.  The way I downloaded 414 (both general and beta) was by repeatedly copying the .part file to a different directory.  If DIM failed and deleted the .part I could simply copy the saved file back to the downloads directory and restart the download.  If you do this you will end up with 99% of the file and that will certainly help track the problem if it is something else than a temporary network failure.

I wish I knew what version of Windows it was on by default. I had the most updated Nvidia driver from two days ago as well. 

The update, which unfortunately for us coincided with the Daz release, can be found in Settings/Update & Security/Windows Update/View Update History.  In my case it was "just" the monthly update, it's been causing network problems on my system for several days now.  You might check your NVidia driver from GeForce Experience, unless you use TCC mode in which case you have to use nvidia-smi from the command line.

• cain-xcain-x Posts: 155

I dont know if this has been addressed yet but it seems that "glass" and lighting in Filament do not work as intended. If say a distant light is shining on a car, no light can pass through the windows - even with opacity set or glass shaders (Iray or other).

Is there a list of limitations available for Filament? There are other things too such as broken shadows, point lights not supporting shadows, no softer shadows and other odd artifacts. I am still excited for the potential in Filament - I hope this gets fixed soon.

• alxalx Posts: 53

filament is fantastic! true realtime rendering, even on my cheesy system

• How come Iray on this new version won't allow you to use the GPU any more? It makes Iray renders so slow now. I got a nice GPU just so I could get good and fast renders, but now it is pretty useless. And it is so painful now that it is locked into CPU only mode. If it don't 'allow CPU fall back', Iray hangs and just freezes up.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

How come Iray on this new version won't allow you to use the GPU any more? It makes Iray renders so slow now. I got a nice GPU just so I could get good and fast renders, but now it is pretty useless. And it is so painful now that it is locked into CPU only mode. If it don't 'allow CPU fall back', Iray hangs and just freezes up.

Did you update your drivers?

• I think a Windows update came on my computer last night and screwed everything up. I just got this computer last Friday and the past two days it's been a dream since 4.14 came out. I have a 3090 card and I couldn't be happier. I woke up today to find my computer restarted during the night (I had a shot rendering for my animated Movember submission and it was at the login page) and all day long now it'll render 40-75 frames and then suddenly crash. Having to constantly reload it every twenty-five minutes and start from the next batch of frames is annoying but doable if I'm sitting here, but I want to let my 800 frame shot render overnight and don't think that's going to happen. I wish I knew what version of Windows it was on by default. I had the most updated Nvidia driver from two days ago as well. 

Thank you @DoctorJellybean! That seems to have fixed the problem!

@jbowler thank you for that info as well! I've been a Mac guy for like 15 years so updates never just install on me and I'm still trying to figure out all the ins and outs of Windows. Lucky us it was at the same time is right lol. I went into the GeForce app and just reinstalled the driver and it's now rendered about 700 frames without any shut downs. I am blown away by this 3090 graphics card, I'm setting it to like 300 iterations and it's rendering that in 10-15 seconds. I can actually do animations now and render in layers with the characters going all the way to 95% and it takes not even a minute a frame. 

• spoffninjaspoffninja Posts: 17
    edited November 2020

Filament is certainly something DAZ has been needing for quite sometime! I've always said one thing that would push DAZ into the stratosphere is having a decent game render engine that doesnt need to bring most systems to a halt when rendering like Iray does. Iray has it's place but is certainly causing a lot of people to skip DAZ because they don't use Nvidia cards or don't have beefy systems to render with Iray. One reason SFM is still being used quite a lot today even though it has not had an update and out of support for almost a decade is because it has a great game rendering engine that allows you to see and tweak stuff in real time and works with both Nvidia and AMD cards regardless of how old they are.

If DAZ could implement some real time system friendly game render engine that works on graphic cards in general and not just nvidia products, im sure the DAZ user base will grow immensly. Filament certainly seems to be something in that direction.

That being said, it does need some work. Any hair for any figure so far does not seem to work properly in Filament view. They appear like some glass goo, and some hair just don't show at all in Filament view. Not sure if this is just a setting somewhere I am missing, but have to either use Texture Shaded (3Dlight) or Iray to see whats going on with the hair. Would be great if Filament could work well with Hair. Doesn't need to be perfect but certainly more usable with hair than it currently is.

Secondly, the default settings for filament doesnt work well out of the box. Figures are immensly washed out by brightness. Now for someone like me that has been using DAZ for years, I could easily locate where the render settings are and bring the brightness down so I could see the figure as it was intended to be viewed. But for a new comer to DAZ that would be a brick wall. Would suggest for the default settings to be a bit more tweaked for first time load friendly settings. Again might just be something I am missing.

Otherwise, great work on Filament, it is going to require a bit more work to be more usable than it is now, but it is a great step in the right direction for DAZ imo.

I have updated to latest nvidia drivers before installing the latest version of DAZ

Unfortunately... Seems can still only have one instance of DAZ Studio open in this latest version. This severly restricts some of my workflows for creating characters, morphs and clothes. Still not sure why it was removed.. at all... But is there any plans what so ever to bring it back? Or at least have a Advance Setting in Preferances to enable it again? It's totally fine if a setting like that is default off because that is the developer's vision for DAZ but completely disabling it does not seem to be the correct way to do this. Asking because I still need to use a older version of DAZ to perform content creation because that older version can have multiple instances. Would love to be able to use the latest version of DAZ for content creation but it will need to allow mulitple instances as to not degrade and disrupt workflows... Which the current version are doing by only allowing 1 instance to be open.

Post edited by spoffninja on
  • nsk001nsk001 Posts: 10

This is my log

2020-11-13 14:28:50.004 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: Received update to 00167 iterations after 73.133s.
    2020-11-13 14:28:55.551 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: 56.34% of image converged
    2020-11-13 14:28:55.707 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: Received update to 00183 iterations after 78.838s.
    2020-11-13 14:29:07.659 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.13  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce GTX 1080 Ti): an illegal memory access was encountered (while launching CUDA renderer in <internal>:947)
    2020-11-13 14:29:07.659 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.13  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce GTX 1080 Ti): Failed to launch renderer
    2020-11-13 14:29:07.659 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.3   IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce GTX 1080 Ti): Device failed while rendering
    2020-11-13 14:29:07.659 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [WARNING] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.3   IRAY   rend warn : All available GPUs failed.
    2020-11-13 14:29:07.659 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [WARNING] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.3   IRAY   rend warn : No devices activated. Enabling CPU fallback.
    2020-11-13 14:29:07.659 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [ERROR] - POST:RENDER ::   1.0   POST   rend error: cuda error in autoexposure (CUDA error string: an illegal memory access was encountered, CUDA error code: 700)
    2020-11-13 14:29:07.659 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.3   IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce GTX 1080 Ti): an illegal memory access was encountered (while initializing memory buffer)
    2020-11-13 14:29:07.659 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.3   IRAY   rend error: All workers failed: aborting render
    2020-11-13 14:29:07.659 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.3   IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce GTX 1080 Ti): an illegal memory access was encountered (while de-allocating memory)
    2020-11-13 14:29:07.659 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.3   IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce GTX 1080 Ti): an illegal memory access was encountered (while de-allocating memory)
    2020-11-13 14:29:07.659 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [WARNING] - POST:RENDER ::   1.0   POST   rend warn : Denoising failed: CUDA error
    2020-11-13 14:29:07.659 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [WARNING] - POST:RENDER ::   1.0   POST   rend warn : Failed to allocate device memory. Postprocessing will fall back to CPU.
    2020-11-13 14:29:07.659 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [WARNING] - POST:RENDER ::   1.0   POST   rend warn : denoiser is not available on CPU and will be disabled.
    2020-11-13 14:29:07.800 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: Received update to 00201 iterations after 90.787s.
    2020-11-13 14:29:07.815 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce GTX 1080 Ti): an illegal memory access was encountered (while de-allocating memory)
    2020-11-13 14:29:07.815 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce GTX 1080 Ti): an illegal memory access was encountered (while de-allocating memory)
    2020-11-13 14:29:07.831 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend error: Scheduler was aborted for restart and needs to be restarted
    2020-11-13 14:29:07.831 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend info : CPU: using 4 cores for rendering
    2020-11-13 14:29:07.831 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Rendering with 1 device(s):
    2020-11-13 14:29:07.831 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend info :     CPU
    2020-11-13 14:29:07.831 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Rendering...
    2020-11-13 14:29:07.831 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.3   IRAY   rend progr: CPU: Processing scene...
    2020-11-13 14:29:07.831 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.4   IRAY   rend info : Using Embree 3.10.0
    2020-11-13 14:29:07.831 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.4   IRAY   rend info : Initializing Embree
    2020-11-13 14:29:08.221 Iray [VERBOSE] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.4   IRAY   rend stat : Native CPU code generated in 0.045s
    2020-11-13 14:29:08.237 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.3   IRAY   rend info : CPU: Scene processed in 0.399s
    2020-11-13 14:29:08.237 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.3   IRAY   rend info : CPU: Allocated 71.192 MiB for frame buffer
    2020-11-13 14:29:15.690 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.3   IRAY   rend info : Allocating 1-layer frame buffer
    2020-11-13 14:29:15.924 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: Received update to 00001 iterations after 98.874s.
    2020-11-13 14:29:23.611 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: Received update to 00002 iterations after 106.563s.

rendering resets to CPU
    I have the latest version of the NVIDIA driver

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    Unfortunately... Seems can still only have one instance of DAZ Studio open in this latest version. This severly restricts some of my workflows for creating characters, morphs and clothes. Still not sure why it was removed.. at all... But is there any plans what so ever to bring it back? Or at least have a Advance Setting in Preferances to enable it again? It's totally fine if a setting like that is default off because that is the developer's vision for DAZ but completely disabling it does not seem to be the correct way to do this. Asking because I still need to use a older version of DAZ to perform content creation because that older version can have multiple instances. Would love to be able to use the latest version of DAZ for content creation but it will need to allow mulitple instances as to not degrade and disrupt workflows... Which the current version are doing by only allowing 1 instance to be open.

Still not true.

• f7eerf7eer Posts: 116

Filament is certainly something DAZ has been needing for quite sometime! I've always said one thing that would push DAZ into the stratosphere is having a decent game render engine that doesnt need to bring most systems to a halt when rendering like Iray does. Iray has it's place but is certainly causing a lot of people to skip DAZ because they don't use Nvidia cards or don't have beefy systems to render with Iray. One reason SFM is still being used quite a lot today even though it has not had an update and out of support for almost a decade is because it has a great game rendering engine that allows you to see and tweak stuff in real time and works with both Nvidia and AMD cards regardless of how old they are.

If DAZ could implement some real time system friendly game render engine that works on graphic cards in general and not just nvidia products, im sure the DAZ user base will grow immensly. Filament certainly seems to be something in that direction.

That being said, it does need some work. Any hair for any figure so far does not seem to work properly in Filament view. They appear like some glass goo, and some hair just don't show at all in Filament view. Not sure if this is just a setting somewhere I am missing, but have to either use Texture Shaded (3Dlight) or Iray to see whats going on with the hair. Would be great if Filament could work well with Hair. Doesn't need to be perfect but certainly more usable with hair than it currently is.

Secondly, the default settings for filament doesnt work well out of the box. Figures are immensly washed out by brightness. Now for someone like me that has been using DAZ for years, I could easily locate where the render settings are and bring the brightness down so I could see the figure as it was intended to be viewed. But for a new comer to DAZ that would be a brick wall. Would suggest for the default settings to be a bit more tweaked for first time load friendly settings. Again might just be something I am missing.

Otherwise, great work on Filament, it is going to require a bit more work to be more usable than it is now, but it is a great step in the right direction for DAZ imo.

I have updated to latest nvidia drivers before installing the latest version of DAZ

Here is a description of how to run multiple instances of Daz Studio:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5112696/#Comment_5112696

• I use daz connect to install my assets, not install manager or daz central, please give me a manual installer or a way to update my current installation.

• I use daz connect to install my assets, not install manager or daz central, please give me a manual installer or a way to update my current installation.

You can download the manual installer from the Product Library in your online account. Enter daz studio 4.x in the filter box and hit Search

• drinformationdrinformation Posts: 115
    edited November 2020

You can download the manual installer from the Product Library in your online account. Enter daz studio 4.x in the filter box and hit Search

thank you.
    Unfortunately my attempt to save my downloaded assets was in vain, although I gave it a different folder to install in, It gone ahead and deleted my old installation without asking. and even when it has the connect librarry address from the old installation, all of my assets are in gray.Now I'm left with a program that I can't use intill I waste tons of money on a metered connection, downloading again, the content I've downloaded more than 10 times by now.
    To the daz softwear development team: please get your [stuff] together and solve this content problem, it's on the hard drive and you have a list of my purchased assets, how hard is it to verify them and add them to the list?
    The the daz top ranks: Why do you put your paying customers through this frustrating situations? Don't you want them happy and spending?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • dakinidakini Posts: 142
    jbowler said:

WARNING: Network Error while downloading to file "C:/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/Downloads/IM00013176-02_DAZStudio414Win64bit.zip.{78af245c-9523-5582-bf66-403abcab32d8}.part":
        Could not complete download, file guid does not match; 66d32b91-1b29-a64e-8ba0-24f44c0ebf00 != 78af245c-9523-5582-bf66-403abcab32d8.

Open the file "C:/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/Downloads/IM00013176-02_DAZStudio414Win64bit.dsx" in Notepad (or any text editor) and examine the line:

It should be as above.  Assuming it is it may be what I experience; DIM gets at least close to 100% gets a network error and promptly deletes the whole downloaded .part file.  The way I downloaded 414 (both general and beta) was by repeatedly copying the .part file to a different directory.  If DIM failed and deleted the .part I could simply copy the saved file back to the downloads directory and restart the download.  If you do this you will end up with 99% of the file and that will certainly help track the problem if it is something else than a temporary network failure.

Thanks for the suggestion jbowler!

Before I saw your reply, I downloaded and installed the latest version of Install Manager 1.4.0.67 and things seem to be downloading and installing fine now. :-)

I set up a quick scene to test Daz Studio Pro 4.14 and it works on my old machine!

I think I'll play with it on the old PC for awhile before risking the upgrade on my newer computer. Just to be safe.

• Known Issues:

• macOS
      • Not compatible with Big Sur

Good news comes first indecisionlast night my Mac did the upgrade to Big Sur. 

Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x1] Library missing

Same with Daz DIM

• dragon440 said:

Known Issues:

• macOS

Same with Daz DIM

Same thing happened with me. And now I cant get my work done for deadlines. This wasn't a 'known issue' when the update came out. And you cant downgrade back to Catalina unless you do it yourself, or go to the apple store and have them do it for you. I drove down two states to use my brothers pc, download daz onto it, and get my three commissions done, due at the end of the month. 

• Is there any indication the developers are working on making Daz Studio compatible with macOS Big Sur?

According to the macOS error message, Daz Studio won't open because it uses a deprecated library that has now been removed from Big Sur. (The library is libstdc++.6.0.9.dylib. I tried putting this library back into /usr/lib/, but wasn't able to; even as "sudo" in Terminal.)

This library was deprecated years ago, so this never should have happened; which makes me fear there are no plans to fix it now.

My sincere sympathy to those who depend on Daz Studio for their livlihood. Fortunately I don't. If there's no fix soon, I'll probably just write off the loss and spend more money to get Poser. 

dakini said:
    jbowler said:

Before I saw your reply, I downloaded and installed the latest version of Install Manager 1.4.0.67 and things seem to be downloading and installing fine now. :-)

I set up a quick scene to test Daz Studio Pro 4.14 and it works on my old machine!

I think I'll play with it on the old PC for awhile before risking the upgrade on my newer computer. Just to be safe.

Here's another example of my (at least) error from the DIM log:

2020-11-14 11:00:16.983 WARNING: Network Error: W:/Daz 3D/InstallManager/Downloads/IM00070405-01_MediterraneanSeashore1of3.zip.{f396e2c1-4cef-4128-20f0-fcab05f66d80}.part :Could not complete download, file size does not match; 371827465 != 1177984827.. Temporary file removed.

So this is clearly a bug in DIM - indeed, there was a network error yet clearly the file is not complete.  Fortunately I had saved a copy of the .part file at 340MB, so I can resume from 30% just by copying it back and hitting the "Download failed!" button.  Well, in principle; it looks like DIM is failing to connect at all now, so I'll have to restart it.  Anyway, I've reported this to Daz, bug number 355209

kaislisp said:
    dragon440 said:

Known Issues:

• macOS

Same with Daz DIM

Same thing happened with me. And now I cant get my work done for deadlines. This wasn't a 'known issue' when the update came out. And you cant downgrade back to Catalina unless you do it yourself, or go to the apple store and have them do it for you. I drove down two states to use my brothers pc, download daz onto it, and get my three commissions done, due at the end of the month. 

FWIW here is a related discussion on the Daz Mac beta list:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/440622/daz-studio-crashes-on-launch-on-macos-big-sur-beta-9

Follow the link to the stack overflow article, or just click here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52488046/dyld-library-not-loaded-usr-lib-libstdc-6-dylib

There's a work-round in the answer.  It is almost certainly worthwhile running "otool -L" on both the DAZStudio and DIM executables to find out where the reference is coming from; it does sound like it is the DAZ programs which, from the beta thread, haven't been compiled against a recent version of the OS, but who knows...

• kaislispkaislisp Posts: 24
    edited November 2020

Is there any indication the developers are working on making Daz Studio compatible with macOS Big Sur?

According to the macOS error message, Daz Studio won't open because it uses a deprecated library that has now been removed from Big Sur. (The library is libstdc++.6.0.9.dylib. I tried putting this library back into /usr/lib/, but wasn't able to; even as "sudo" in Terminal.)

This library was deprecated years ago, so this never should have happened; which makes me fear there are no plans to fix it now.

My sincere sympathy to those who depend on Daz Studio for their livlihood. Fortunately I don't. If there's no fix soon, I'll probably just write off the loss and spend more money to get Poser. 

Its really upsetting because I've spent thousands building up my library for this program. And there was no indication that this couldn't work for big sur, until they posted that update a day or so ago. Hours after my computer updated. Now I either have to wait, somehow wrestle my brother away from his pc to get my work done (that I traveled 5 hours to do), or take my computer in. Which is becoming increasingly hard because the state I'm in might go through another lockdown. honestly after this I'm probably going to have to drop a couple thousand (that is already tight in this pandemic) to get a windows computer. which i hate. just to get my work done. Which honestly might not even be necessary if they're working on a fix. We just don't know anything and I'm being completely held at the mercy of daz developers when and if theyre going to fix this issue. 

Post edited by kaislisp on
  • jbowler said:
    dakini said:
    jbowler said:

Here's another example of my (at least) error from the DIM log:

2020-11-14 11:00:16.983 WARNING: Network Error: W:/Daz 3D/InstallManager/Downloads/IM00070405-01_MediterraneanSeashore1of3.zip.{f396e2c1-4cef-4128-20f0-fcab05f66d80}.part :Could not complete download, file size does not match; 371827465 != 1177984827.. Temporary file removed.

So this is clearly a bug in DIM - indeed, there was a network error yet clearly the file is not complete.  Fortunately I had saved a copy of the .part file at 340MB, so I can resume from 30% just by copying it back and hitting the "Download failed!" button.  Well, in principle; it looks like DIM is failing to connect at all now, so I'll have to restart it.  Anyway, I've reported this to Daz, bug number 355209

Why is this clearly a bug in DIM - the error says that the downloaded fiel size does not match the expected size, that looks like an error in the metadata or server-side files for the product.

I have also re-installed my NVDIA drivers and updated the newest Quadro drivers from NVIDIA site. In 4.12 IRAY worked very well. Can it be that the newest version doesn't support older Qandro models anymore? I have K4200.... 

I have also re-installed my NVDIA drivers and updated the newest Quadro drivers from NVIDIA site. In 4.12 IRAY worked very well. Can it be that the newest version doesn't support older Qandro models anymore? I have K4200.... 

The NVIDIA Quadro K4200 is a Kepler based architecture GPU, which is not supported by the latest Iray which is the 4.14 release.

• You can download the manual installer from the Product Library in your online account. Enter daz studio 4.x in the filter box and hit Search

thank you.
    Unfortunately my attempt to save my downloaded assets was in vain, although I gave it a different folder to install in, It gone ahead and deleted my old installation without asking. and even when it has the connect librarry address from the old installation, all of my assets are in gray.Now I'm left with a program that I can't use intill I waste tons of money on a metered connection, downloading again, the content I've downloaded more than 10 times by now.
    To the daz softwear development team: please get your [stuff] together and solve this content problem, it's on the hard drive and you have a list of my purchased assets, how hard is it to verify them and add them to the list?
    The the daz top ranks: Why do you put your paying customers through this frustrating situations? Don't you want them happy and spending?

Greyed out products sound as if you aer looking in the products tab of Smart Content. Instead, look in daz Studio Formats (or Poser Formats) under the content directory you installed to 9if it isn't listed then that si the problem; if it is listed and the files are there then the issue is communication between DIM/CMS/DS at some point, or possibly having the CMS closed during installation.