[Released] Clothing Converter from Genesis 8 Female to Genesis 3 Female [Commercial]

12346»

Comments

• kyoto kid said:

...I've had it only convert some pieces of clothing but not all  For example, I can only get the boots from Gothy Punk for  Teen Raven 8 and Genesis 8 Female(s) to convert, the jeans, shirt, and hoodie won't. Not sure why.  In the descirption it does mention...

comes complete with dforce, enhanced pose controls

...which makes me wonder if that may not be where the issue is.  I don't use dForce as I have old hardware and it just takes too bloody long to run a sim, however the product description doesn't mention that dForce is "required".

What does the Daz Log say when you try and convert jeans for example?

• kgrosserkgrosser Posts: 141

Sorry if this has been asked before but the search function in this forum is, well let's just agree not the best I've seen....

I cannot convert this product: https://www.daz3d.com/sexy-stewardess-outfit-for-genesis-8-female byrunning into the error "preset loaded multiple objects" Cap and necktie convert fine, just the conformed dress fails, and and yes, the dress loads alone on G8 and it happens with both, just the dress (file) or the top folder selected,

• kgrosser said:

Sorry if this has been asked before but the search function in this forum is, well let's just agree not the best I've seen....

I cannot convert this product: https://www.daz3d.com/sexy-stewardess-outfit-for-genesis-8-female byrunning into the error "preset loaded multiple objects" Cap and necktie convert fine, just the conformed dress fails, and and yes, the dress loads alone on G8 and it happens with both, just the dress (file) or the top folder selected,

I do not have this clothing item, but I think the dress loads with the buttons as separate objects.  The script fails because of that.

• kgrosserkgrosser Posts: 141

I do not have this clothing item, but I think the dress loads with the buttons as separate objects.  The script fails because of that.

Yes, that indeed seems the case... so, is that going to be available in the future then?

• kgrosser said:

Yes, that indeed seems the case... so, is that going to be available in the future then?

Right now, no.  I will have to think about it.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited June 2021

I can't find the equivalent thread for the G8M to G3M converter so I am posting this here. Mods feel free to move it to the correct thread if it exists.

[EDIT] Never mind - I have requested a refund so as not to waste more time on the various problems.

Post edited by marble on
  • Some clothing will not properly follow the FBMHeight morph after conversion, resulting in a vertical offset between the clothing and the character. In particular, I mean the Height morph that comes with the standard Genesis 3 (or 8) Female Body Morphs product. There's a workaround, but I'd also like to make a suggestion for a future update to the script.

It seems this problem happens when the G8F clothing to be converted has a built-in FBMHeight morph applied by the clothing product creator. As far as I can tell (I'm no rigging expert), this causes problems because the G8F and G3F versions of FBMHeight use different methods to compensate for the change in distance between the hip bone and the figure origin. The G8F version dials in some Y Translation on the hip bone, but the G3F version doesn't. The transferred FBMHeight morph causes a vertical offset to be applied to the converted clothing when FBMHeight is dialed into the character. By the way, this happens whether the clothing is converted using this script, or auto-fit, or the Transfer Utility. I assume the reverse happens when converting G3F clothing to G8F, but I haven't really tested it.

The work-around I've figured out (I'm sure others have figured it out as well, but I haven't seen it mentioned) is to convert the clothing using the script, load it up WITHOUT fitting it to G3F, and then delete the built-in FBMHeight morph in Edit Mode. Then it can be fit to G3F, and the clothing will follow the FBMHeight morph on G3F without a vertical offset. (There's also a work-around that can be used if you delete FBMHeight after the clothing is fit to G3F, by favoriting only the G3F FBMHeight morph and then using Transfer Utility to transfer favorited morphs from G3F to the clothing.)

Anyway, after all that, my suggestion is to add an option to the script not to transfer the built-in FBMHeight morph in the clothing during conversion, if it's present. I've seen people complain about this issue as if it were a problem with the conversion script (even though it isn't), and I suspect many of them didn't figure out the work-around. So having a way to deal with it right in the script options tab could be advantageous.

• thoreandan said:

Some clothing will not properly follow the FBMHeight morph after conversion, resulting in a vertical offset between the clothing and the character. In particular, I mean the Height morph that comes with the standard Genesis 3 (or 8) Female Body Morphs product. There's a workaround, but I'd also like to make a suggestion for a future update to the script.

It seems this problem happens when the G8F clothing to be converted has a built-in FBMHeight morph applied by the clothing product creator. As far as I can tell (I'm no rigging expert), this causes problems because the G8F and G3F versions of FBMHeight use different methods to compensate for the change in distance between the hip bone and the figure origin. The G8F version dials in some Y Translation on the hip bone, but the G3F version doesn't. The transferred FBMHeight morph causes a vertical offset to be applied to the converted clothing when FBMHeight is dialed into the character. By the way, this happens whether the clothing is converted using this script, or auto-fit, or the Transfer Utility. I assume the reverse happens when converting G3F clothing to G8F, but I haven't really tested it.

The work-around I've figured out (I'm sure others have figured it out as well, but I haven't seen it mentioned) is to convert the clothing using the script, load it up WITHOUT fitting it to G3F, and then delete the built-in FBMHeight morph in Edit Mode. Then it can be fit to G3F, and the clothing will follow the FBMHeight morph on G3F without a vertical offset. (There's also a work-around that can be used if you delete FBMHeight after the clothing is fit to G3F, by favoriting only the G3F FBMHeight morph and then using Transfer Utility to transfer favorited morphs from G3F to the clothing.)

Anyway, after all that, my suggestion is to add an option to the script not to transfer the built-in FBMHeight morph in the clothing during conversion, if it's present. I've seen people complain about this issue as if it were a problem with the conversion script (even though it isn't), and I suspect many of them didn't figure out the work-around. So having a way to deal with it right in the script options tab could be advantageous.

Interesting.  I hadn't realized this.  This is a good option to have.  I will have to code this up and then test to make sure it works as expected.