!! Store Issues - Known Problems - Please Read !!

Comments

• Luciel said:

Sorry to report that the new store software escaped from my computer, ate everything in the fridge, left its dirty dishes in the sink and chased the cats round the house for an hour. It also hit on my girlfriend, left the cap off the toothpaste tube, and finally ran out the front door with all my credit cards and my favorite jacket, muttering vague threats about coming back later. I think it has a copy of my keys, so I'm getting the locks changed.

WHEN ARE DAZ GOING TO FIX THIS?

Most important question, did it leave the toilet seat up or down? (and is there a toilet seat still??)

and was the toilet roll the right way round or maybe store is sulking cause it couldn't go trick or treating

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,314
    edited November 2020

If it isn't already under the "Everything Else" you might add 'purchased products not showing up in DIM' to the list. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • If it isn't already under the "Everything Else" you might add 'purchases not showing up in DIM' to the list. 

and DIM wanted to do an update too

• If it isn't already under the "Everything Else" you might add 'purchases not showing up in DIM' to the list. 

and DIM wanted to do an update too

I haven't received any DIM updates lately

• If it isn't already under the "Everything Else" you might add 'purchased products not showing up in DIM' to the list. 

It is on the list

• StargazeyStargazey Posts: 238
    edited November 2020

Not sure if this is known/related but I tried to redownload one of my purchased products (Carnival Midway Interiors) from my Product Library and there is no longer a download button for it! (It's not showing up in Install Manager either.)

Post edited by Stargazey on
  • Here is one I have discovered... I added free items to my cart, got them to show up as free, but then when I go to get them, even though the total price shows as $0.00, the store still wants me to put in my credit card info... :(

• Wishlisting is also not working.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127

I don't see any list or link in your first post... just the issue titles

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

Good luck. I once spent 30 sleepless hours straight fixing a bug only to be chewed out when I I asked to go home a couple hours early to sleep the next day. laugh

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    arbee999 said:
    Leana said:
    CURRENT ISSUES:
    [snip]

Everything else

laugh

OK this made me laugh way too much...

Me also - a typical day at my workplace, and I guess at DAZ this week too laugh

I'm not trying to be flippant.. but reaaaaaaaaally trying to keep a positive mental attitude :)

We're all working super hard, I just can't add anything more to that.

Thanks for the update, and trust me, I feel your pain with this rollout. At work, we have a two-tier rollout next week and two weeks after that, and migration, and getting the new software to work with the migrated data has cost us literally thousands of work hours so far, and will keep costing hundreds after the rollout. Even under best circumstances, and several months of intensive testing, when it comes to live data migration, things can go awfully wrong.

I'm glad to see you guys (& gals?) working so dedicatedly on it, and I'm already seeing a lot of progress in the repairs. Thank you!

• I'm assuming the Platinum Club "0000-12-31" expiration falls under the umbrella of "Everything Else".

• Well, had a big launch last week so I'll just hit reload every now and then and look forward to things settling.

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

one issue which is annoying me a lot is the filters not "working" when you try to filter the stuffs, like by figure, gender and others stuff, it only display "loading" and nothing happens, you can't filter any of the sales" making some "lists hard to deal since you can't proper look for specific figures like only g8 characters or only g3 or g3 and g8 make hard to find what you want.

• I just wonder why you don't close the store for maintenance, instead of getting all this frustrating posts ...   It would be much better than this experience for a customer.  I get informations about sale items per mail and when I look at the store they weren't at sale any longer or something else ... so of course I'm not amused.    I understand that you work hard as hell, but the frustration and the disappointment of the customers is understandable as well.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited November 2020

@jacktomalin  It's working better for me! Got the 10 items, and the PC+ items in the 1.99 section. They did stay at 1.99, I didn't get any further discount on them (I think I'm supposed to get more, but I grabbed the 1.99 anyway.)  Checked out just fine using Paypal, email confirmation is corrrect, everything worked. Time: 9:40am Central.

Post edited by Novica on
  • I just wonder why you don't close the store for maintenance, instead of getting all this frustrating posts ...   It would be much better than this experience for a customer.  I get informations about sale items per mail and when I look at the store they weren't at sale any longer or something else ... so of course I'm not amused.    I understand that you work hard as hell, but the frustration and the disappointment of the customers is understandable as well.

I'm not in a position to make that call.. there are probably reasons, even those not immediately obvious, why that isn't an option.

• Bug report: wishlist filter checkbox of PC + shows as empty for PC+ member

• RonSRonS Posts: 299

Sorry to report that the new store software escaped from my computer, ate everything in the fridge, left its dirty dishes in the sink and chased the cats round the house for an hour. It also hit on my girlfriend, left the cap off the toothpaste tube, and finally ran out the front door with all my credit cards and my favorite jacket, muttering vague threats about coming back later. I think it has a copy of my keys, so I'm getting the locks changed.

I'll just add it to the list ;)

Yes, it is frustrating, but THANKS, Jack for your feedback --- and for managing to keep a sense of humor along with it cheeky

• RonS said:

I'll just add it to the list ;)

Yes, it is frustrating, but THANKS, Jack for your feedback --- and for managing to keep a sense of humor along with it cheeky

Thanks!

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735

I just wonder why you don't close the store for maintenance, instead of getting all this frustrating posts ...   It would be much better than this experience for a customer.  I get informations about sale items per mail and when I look at the store they weren't at sale any longer or something else ... so of course I'm not amused.    I understand that you work hard as hell, but the frustration and the disappointment of the customers is understandable as well.

THIS. They should have closed the store while keeping forums open and hired 10 Beta testers and worked on the store until it was ready to reopen. Forum members could still chat and look forward to the grand re-opening the new store. This just added a bunch of chaos to shoppers, and US shoppers are already really stressed out now about the election and would like to find comfort in something normal, if normal even exists anymore...

• All 22,000+ of my purchased products dissappeared. I can't install any of them:

• Not DIM
    • Not DAZ Connect
    • Not from my product library
    • Daz Central

I understand that DAZ is trying to improve the very successful website. I appreciate the difficulty. A heads up would have been nice. I only install the products that I am using for projects. The project is derailed now. Enough complaining. I'm sure DAZ is doing their best. Thanks Jack for the update. (It definitely goes down smoother coming from you) Do we have an ETA of when we will be able to access our products? Is there anything we can do as part of the DAZ community?

• Eden EvergreenEden Evergreen Posts: 326
    edited November 2020

Thanks, DAZ teams, for working so hard for us! Both by keeping us informed, and also working on fixing so many bugs. Must be about as frustrating for you as for us. surprise

If it's not too big of an ask, might I suggest adding to the main "Carousel" some sort of a "Pardon our dust, we're under construction!" type of message? It could link directly to this thread, or else perhaps to a locked "admin only" thread that has an obvious link to this one (so people can blow off steam, as needed).

A very loud up-front message might really help to reduce [new] customer frustration levels. wink

Best hopes that everyone can get it all sorted, soonest!

Positive information - the BYOB (8 for 2.99) works correctly in the cart, now. laugh

Post edited by Eden Evergreen on
  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633
    edited November 2020

Yeah, I think a nice banner on the top of the store (like you have for discounts) would be a nice heads up for the forum avoiding visitors. Maybe even a link to this thread with known issues.

Post edited by Paintbox on
  • BryseyBrysey Posts: 72

Thanks Jack, best to stick with the plumbing as it's easier to sort out (Mario avatar addons). Having just deleated 10 items from my basket showing the wrong unrevised prices after previously trawling thrugh the sales categories for items I actually wanted I'll hold out for the grand 'Catchup from the Cockups' sale at the end (assuming it's all working again). Part of me is saying think of all the money you've saved and the other part that there were some really deep reductions on things in my wishlist, hey-ho on we go.

• Mayyybe ... one somewhat positive method to "blow off steam" could be an art contest. wink

Maybe offer $5.00 store credit for first place, $2.50 for a couple of "honorable mentions" (or 2nd & 3rd place)? Options of either "under construction" types of images, or else "portraying frustrations" images. Make the deadline a couple weeks from now (as in enough before Black Friday that any winners will have their store credit by that day).

Hopefully, by then, the store will be running more smoothly! yes

• Granville said:

All 22,000+ of my purchased products dissappeared. I can't install any of them:

• Not DIM
    • Not DAZ Connect
    • Not from my product library
    • Daz Central

I understand that DAZ is trying to improve the very successful website. I appreciate the difficulty. A heads up would have been nice. I only install the products that I am using for projects. The project is derailed now. Enough complaining. I'm sure DAZ is doing their best. Thanks Jack for the update. (It definitely goes down smoother coming from you) Do we have an ETA of when we will be able to access our products? Is there anything we can do as part of the DAZ community?

Not sure I've seen this issue, so I'll report.. !

• Pricing kind of getting closer to normal... at least PC+ pricing seems to be back, sort of, but not triggering other discounts even if the items are new.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,341

Hi there, the SAVE-ON-SEVERAL coupon is starting to work again I think - I have 10 select items discounting correctly, now I'm only waiting for the qualifying debut release - thr Hallways thingy - to settle on its proper price. It should be 2,93 but keeps jumping to something between 3,77 and 4,19 in my cart. As long as it's doing this funny little dance, I don't feel safe enough yet to try and check out. Wanted to let everyone know anyway that things are maybe  starting to look up now!

• Granville said:

Is there anything we can do as part of the DAZ community?

All I can ask, is for people to please continue to be patient with us while we get this all sorted.

This discussion has been closed.