Carrara Sale Email Message Alert thread

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922
    3drendero said:
    New bi weekly freebies.

I see that the Daz store will be down for several hours tomorrow (Sunday) for "major" upgrades.  Hopefully there will not be a huge panic. :)

ah I admit, I was going to panic but I refrained :)

• How come items listed on the Freebies page are just discounted and not free? Or is it just me? Could be a bug in the new store. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 10.20.11 AM.png
    929 x 763 - 491K
  • Headwax said:
    3drendero said:
    New bi weekly freebies.

I see that the Daz store will be down for several hours tomorrow (Sunday) for "major" upgrades.  Hopefully there will not be a huge panic. :)

ah I admit, I was going to panic but I refrained :)

Go to the Commons thread.  The panic is ridiculous.  People don't bother to read the moderator messages, and keep frantically reporting the same issues.

How come items listed on the Freebies page are just discounted and not free? Or is it just me? Could be a bug in the new store. 

Many, many bugs still to be ironed out.  It will be rolling the dice to buy or download anything here for a while.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,795

the store is totally fubared 

even moreso for PC+ members no

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,795
    edited November 2020
    Stezza said:

the store is totally fubared 

even moreso for PC+ members no

yeah I have been kicked out 6 days early

shame about the free stuffs but it will save me a few dollars as not buying anything

foxhole is free but it needs a payment method and paypal gives an error

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    Getting problems on all categories. -Freebies not free -Fast grab not 70% off -PC+ 1.99 items are full price About 99% of store items are full price. Biggest anti-sale ever!
  • My subscription expires about when yours does, Wendy.  But we may get lucky and get a few more days, as the store is slowly getting operable.

I need to download something, but DIM says that it wants to install a new version.  Wondering if that is a good idea right now.

• My subscription expires about when yours does, Wendy.  But we may get lucky and get a few more days, as the store is slowly getting operable.

I need to download something, but DIM says that it wants to install a new version.  Wondering if that is a good idea right now.

well I did get Merlin's two Egyptian sets PC+ prices and stuff from the SAVE-ON-SEVERAL 90% off

in the cart and checkout

it was pure guesswork going by store prices

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,795

It does explain why Carrara has never been updated cool

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,199

My subscription expires about when yours does, Wendy.  But we may get lucky and get a few more days, as the store is slowly getting operable.

well I did get Merlin's two Egyptian sets PC+ prices and stuff from the SAVE-ON-SEVERAL 90% off

in the cart and checkout

it was pure guesswork going by store prices

I followed your lead and got a cool new Merlin set, which granted me a whole pile of things including some Genesis 8 shaping morphs to mess with on Misty's cool presets - well, and to try out Daz Studio a bit. That new Beta with Filament render is pretty darned cool, but Iray looks So Much Better!

Still, I'm more hoping that I can play with G8s in Carrara as opposed to having to use them in DS. I like DS, just not for figure animation just yet. Still have to check out the new goodies for animation in the Beta though. Anyone got some time for sale free?

edited November 2020

I got this one earlier in the PC+ for a day grab. I like her, but she needs some extra morphing, which is when I realized that my boycot of G8/3 stuff even included the base Daz 3D shaping morphs (body, head, expressions)? Wow. That's a first for me.

Clicking the image takes you to the images ad write-up on my website

Who, but Alita Battle Angel, can bring me to breaking a boycot for a spell?!!! :)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • free starter bundles https://www.daz3d.com/Select-g2-and-g3-starters
    with code SPECIAL-GIFT

edited November 2020

free starter bundles https://www.daz3d.com/Select-g2-and-g3-starters
    with code SPECIAL-GIFT

Which one did you get?

After a long deliberation, I ended up going for Mika 7

It was tough though! I already have so much of the stuff from the starter bundles - except her and her stuff. I have Mika 6 and just love the morphs!

EDIT:

Wow. When I checked the Mika 7 product page, it didn't say "Purchased", so I thought that the one that I bought a while ago must have been Mika 6, but I don't think there is one. I actually already bought Mika 7 and just wasted a fricken freebie code. Kinda getting sick of these store woes!

EDIT: 

Okay, I'm better now. 

with code SPECIAL-GIFT

Which one did you get?

It was tough though! I already have so much of the stuff from the starter bundles - except her and her stuff. I have Mika 6 and just love the morphs!

EDIT:

Wow. When I checked the Mika 7 product page, it didn't say "Purchased", so I thought that the one that I bought a while ago must have been Mika 6, but I don't think there is one. I actually already bought Mika 7 and just wasted a fricken freebie code. Kinda getting sick of these store woes!

EDIT: 

Okay, I'm better now. 

darn it Dart you need DAZ-DEAL browser addonsurprise

it shows all the stuff in bundles you own

I really had to sift to find one I didn't own the pro bundle for myself 

was Tween Josie I ended up with as owned none of her stuff

Dart, you can probably change if you ask customer support. There is a G1 to G3 Pro bundle for 4.7$ for PC+ with code SPECIALER-GIFT and Predatrons Still New items Groverbrook.
    with code SPECIAL-GIFT

Which one did you get?

EDIT:

EDIT: 

Okay, I'm better now. 

I almost did something similar, but with a different bundle.

Since my trust in the Daz site is low right now, I went down into the individual products listed in the bundle, and clicked on the main character.  Sure enough, it came up that I already owned it.

We have too many products. :)

• yeah if you own a pro bundle the starter one doesn't show as purchased

that is where DAZ_DEALS helps looking at the bundle and seeing you own all the things in it

edited November 2020

Wow. An actual browser add-on! Got it. Now to check it out. Well... after this episode of Carrara TV by PhilW! :)

...and Thanks for this, Wendy!!! heart

• PC for a day has TA's The Watering Hole in it today.

edited November 2020

PC for a day has TA's The Watering Hole in it today.

pity past my subscription date, I don't think I have bought any of Tango Alpha's stuff as a DO even

and I own most his Carrara catalogue but not that

looked own 17

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,189

I don't think I have bought any of Tango Alpha's stuff as a DO even

and I own most his Carrara catalogue but not that

Same here, I have 20 of Tango Alpha's products, all Carrara format, and excellent.   Missing 18 products, only that one is Carrara format.  I recall he said his market is almost all DS, so can't blame him for the change.

edited November 2020

yeah my cash went to Tango Alpha as well as were not bought out by DAZ yet yes

New freebie for DS and the free Octane plugin, but some files can be used in Carrara. https://www.daz3d.com/octane-render-kit
    Free item with code today, check the store page. About 5 Carrara items are in there, if you have missed them.
    Store wide 50% off for Black weekend. PC+ members, don't forget the coupons.
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Thanks, 3drendero, you really keep things going as I do not always look at the email promos.  heartyeskiss Silene

You are welcome. New single freebie today, I guess it is the daily xmas freebies that starts with a dforce beard.
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited December 2020

The buy-new-release-get-stuff-for-$3-each sale includes the Carrara G2 figures shader bundle that Ringo sold to Daz Originals.  Has Carrara optimized shaders for 15 Genesis 2 characters.

https://www.daz3d.com/dp-genesis-2-females-carrara-shaders-collection

and the bundle for males is also available in sale, but only 3 figures https://www.daz3d.com/dp-genesis-2-male-s-shader-bundle-vol-i
    Post edited by Diomede on
    50% off PC+. 5 or 10 items for 1.99/2.99 for PC members, that has some Carrara related items (compatible or PA-support).
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

theres a set of presents boxes in fg.  

boxes easy enough in carrara modeller. gold wrapping paper shader with caustics.
    ribbons and bows trickier, mebbe with splines

https://www.daz3d.com/square-boxes

http://static.skaip.org/img/emoticons/180x180/f6fcff/rock.gif