A new store will come out: Tomorrow (2020-11-01)

Comments

• NathNath Posts: 2,719
    Sempie said:
    Kerya said:

I think it's worth managing expectations.

The new store isn't going to go live in it's final form, with everything fixed/improved etc instantly.  Today is the most painful part of swapping out the underlying foundations and from there, superficial things like filters etc will be addressed down the line.

But the idea is that this will eliminate the daily issues we're having to deal with behind the scenes, then work on actually improving the nice-to-haves.

Well ... it "would be nice to have" a useful product library again. Soooooo "DAZ soon" ... sigh.

DAZ Soons are inflatable...

Or possibly unflateable...

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,849
    edited November 2020
    Sempie said:
    Kerya said:

I think it's worth managing expectations.

The new store isn't going to go live in it's final form, with everything fixed/improved etc instantly.  Today is the most painful part of swapping out the underlying foundations and from there, superficial things like filters etc will be addressed down the line.

But the idea is that this will eliminate the daily issues we're having to deal with behind the scenes, then work on actually improving the nice-to-haves.

Well ... it "would be nice to have" a useful product library again. Soooooo "DAZ soon" ... sigh.

DAZ Soons are inflatable...

Eeyore wondered about a Busy Backsoon

so DAZ gave us a Dforced donkey

what this has to do with anything I have no idea...

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817

T-minus two hours.

• SempieSempie Posts: 651

I want a DAZ Soon for Christmas.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,446
    edited November 2020
    DAZ_Rawb said:

T-minus two hours.

and no more store problems. No more sales problems. 

wishing-and-hoping.jpg
    600 x 350 - 13K
    Post edited by daveso on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

DIM will still work to install everything I have downloaded correct?  It just won't be able to connect to the DAZ website for additional info?  I recently uninstalled everything for DAZ but have everything downloaded in hopes of reinstalling and categorizing more than 8000 products before Christmas.....

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    Kharma said:

DIM will still work to install everything I have downloaded correct?  It just won't be able to connect to the DAZ website for additional info?  I recently uninstalled everything for DAZ but have everything downloaded in hopes of reinstalling and categorizing more than 8000 products before Christmas.....

Yes. it will still work offline.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807
    Sempie said:

And you shall have one!

Soon ...

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    Kharma said:

Yes. it will still work offline.

thank you for the clarification, that's what I thought but wanted to be sure.

• Sempie said:

And you shall have one!

Soon ...

Counting down. 20 minutes to shutdown. See you all on the flip side.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,154

Good luck to Daz - fingers crossed to see you back in a few hours....indecision

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,504

I think the only way to make this work is to cross the proton streams. Do it now. And don't think about anything.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,252

Hello! Anybody home? 

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

Website is even slower. Apperently my annual PC+ membership has been cancelled without informing me. Why am I not surprised?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,165
    marble said:

Website is even slower. Apperently my annual PC+ membership has been cancelled without informing me. Why am I not surprised?

Yup, cancelled. sad

Screenshot 2020-11-01 202034.png
    267 x 237 - 15K
  • jjmainorjjmainor Posts: 479
    On mobile here and there isn't much accessible. Items don't load on main page or in the wishlist. And dropdown links at top of page are hit or miss as to whether or not they work. Had to enter the forums through Google because I can't access that dropdown menu.
  • Please sit tight.. obviously things will be a little wonky for a bit :)

• The Platinum club for  a day are not displaying as 1.99, and are showing up as free in the cart...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,586
    edited November 2020

...OK a serious error here, my PC+ membership apprently shows as having a cancelled status with an expiration date of 0000-12-31 when it shouldn't expire until June 28th 2021. 

Also lost everything in my cart.

PC+ Info.jpg
    714 x 813 - 490K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on

We are looking in to the platinum club memberships showing up as cancelled.

• DAZ_Rawb said:

Good to know

It looks like DIM is having troubles with actual customer accounts and not just our test accounts.

We also are looking in to that.

• smoke14smoke14 Posts: 245

Yep, PC membership cancelled here, too. 

Guess nobody thought that was an important thing to check was working correctly before setting the new store live.

Yet another example of DAZ not necessarily having their "ducks in a row". Not impressed...but not surprised, either.

• kyoto kid said:

Also lost everything in my cart.

Yea I think Daz_Rawb said that was gonna happen.

• Well in case we need to chime in that our memberships are screwed up, mine is. 

Considering I just paid in for an extra year last night, I'm particularly unamused. Good job I checked out earlier, I was worried something like this would happen. 

• Had a cart done with like 40 products in it. Got the update message right when I tried to check out.

Had to wait till 2:15 AM here to get the store back online.

PC+ membership cancelled and cart gone.

Sale will be over when I wake up.

Awesome.

Next time put a warning on the store page please.

• DAZ_Rawb said:

Thanks let us know when it's all sorted

• My PC+ membership is showing as inexplicably cancelled as well. Also having lost everything in my cart is a big bummer to say the least, and I feel there should have been more of an announcement on the daz website and store itself BEFORE doing this change. If they can send the purple sale banners to people, I'd think they'd be able to make a banner on the website letting everyone know it would be down and their cart would be erased. Sure, they made a post here on the forums, but I don't typically check the forums except to troubleshoot, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that's thus been negatively impacted by this. 

Furthermore, the Still New Release items aren't showing up on sale at all either on the sale page nor in my cart-- even if I wasn't PC+ (which I WAS), shouldn't they be 30% off? 

I very much hope they will extend the current sale another day at least, since I had full intention of making some purchases and now can't until these errors are fixed. Having to hunt down everything for my cart again will be a huge inconvenience and irritation as it is. 

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,504

I told you all don't think about anything. But you did. And now look.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,066
    edited November 2020

Product library pages a bit snarled - we now have the product detail back (Yay!) but the order number and link and the purchase date are AWOL.

ETA - lower priority than the PC club and general store issues.

Post edited by namffuak on
This discussion has been closed.