A new store will come out: Tomorrow (2020-11-01)

So, many of you know that we have been working on a new store for a while now and we think it's finally ready. Daz 3D is making some upgrades to our website to increase stability and resolve longstanding structural issues which require our website be taken offline during completion.

We’ve scheduled an upgrade window in the upcoming week. Please note that our website (daz3d.com) will be inaccessible during our scheduled upgrade window on Sunday, November 1st from 11:00 am MST until 3:00 pm MST. 

During this time, you will not be able to access the Daz website including: your account, the Daz Shop, or perform checkout functions. The forums and gallery will also be down, as will the ability to download products, and Daz Studio will only work if you’re working in ‘offline mode’ for this scheduled upgrade. This information is to let you know ahead of time so you can plan accordingly. As a reminder, all of your content is available to use offline even the products downloaded inside of Daz Studio through Daz Connect.

After we bring the site back up all parts of the site should be back up and functional, with the exception of the Gallery, which will come online a bit later. The Help Center and Daz Blog will remain live during this update. I know someone out there was posting that the Daz Blog wasn't getting enough comments, so now's your opportunity to add some comments over there.

Thank you for your ongoing support from all of the people here at Daz 3D.

Comments

• DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817

Just a note here, the new store software won't really look much different than the existing software so if you are expecting some massive visual upgrades you aren't going to seeing them.

Diffrences you should be able to notice:

1. Order ID's are going to be HUGE, so if you keep track of your orders in database software that was written in the 1980's you might have to upgrade.
    2. The search engine has been completely swapped out. This one is supposed to be able to learn about what results are relevant based on what products actualy get selected out of the search results, so the relevancy of the results should improve over time.
    3. The checkout system is revamped and should be much more reliable about correctly applying sales and promotions.
    4. The download system for DIM/DazCentral/Daz Connect is now more directly attached to the system so there won't be a weird lag between buying a product and having it available to download.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

Will there be less of a lag between Daz midnight and when we can actually see banners, sale pages, and new products with accurate prices? It currently takes hours.

• There's going to be a lot of improvements :)

edited October 2020

I'm looking forward to it!

Edit: Hey, let's have a big  New Store sale to show off how well it works, with every promo 100% accurate! We will all rejoice and spend lots of money! 

Post edited by barbult on
  • Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611
    barbult said:

Edit: Hey, let's have a big  New Store sale to show off how well it works, with every promo 100% accurate! We will all rejoice and spend lots of money! 

laugh great idea! LOL

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942

Good luck!

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133

Thank you for the Notice,

The scheduled an upgrade has been noted. I look forward to it the new improvements. especially if they will include fixing PayPal check out.  there can be some weird lag time there.

Best of luck

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    edited October 2020

Ok, if you have stuff you've recently purchased that you're going to need to use soon, now would be a good time to make sure it's installed since DIM will be unavailable for a while.

I'm looking forward to the new store update. I hope everything goes smoothly. Good luck to the Daz Team and everyone involved! 

Nervous? Who's nervous? Not me... 

hahah I jest. :D I have confidence that things will go off smoothly and without a hitch. yes (I know that sounds like sarcasm but it's not.) :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • barbult said:

Potentially including a massive discount for all that suffered during the last few month, e.g. "Get XX% off your cart today" or "Get 10 items for free today" would be just perfect. Okay, I should stop dreaming...

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569
    edited October 2020
    3Diva said:

Ok, if you have stuff you've recently purchased that you're going to need to use soon, now would be a good time to make sure it's installed since DIM will be unavailable for a while.

I'm looking forward to the new store update. I hope everything goes smoothly. Good luck to the Daz Team and everyone involved! 

Nervous? Who's nervous? Not me... 

hahah I jest. :D I have confidence that things will go off smoothly and without a hitch. yes (I know that sounds like sarcasm but it's not.) :)

My SSD claims that it has about 1.5 TB of DAZ stuff, so I may be on the safe side laughlaugh. Any, why does DAZ not have any threadmilla in their store?  I suppose thy do not want anyone to render a DAZ internal administrative staff pictures laughlaugh

Post edited by Mark_e593e0a5 on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,995
    edited October 2020
    DAZ_Rawb said:

Just a note here, the new store software won't really look much different than the existing software so if you are expecting some massive visual upgrades you aren't going to seeing them...

But will we feel them?...

Will we feel the changes in our bones?... Will we feel them in our souls?... in every essence of our our being?

Will these changes dare us to change our selves... will we become better people for these changes?
    Or will we retreat in shame from the challenge of these changes?

Will we take up the mantle of this new found hope and stand together as one and make the world a better place?

Or will we fear and loath these changes and not look forward to the promise of a better, brighter future... looking only backward and longing for a simpler time?... blinded by the sweet melancholy whispers of nostalgia... 

Will we abandon our fears and walk hand in hand with each other embracing these changes, united in our shared realization that, only through change is there growth and that which does not change dies...

Because we cannot see these changes will we even believe they exist... or will we the have faith and patience to persevere when it seems as though the changes have abandoned us?

Will we...

Wait... oh... this is store stuff... sorry...

Never mind... 

Yeah... also... holding hands and embracing stuff during a pandemic is bad advice... no matter how drunk you are... so just forget this whole thing... I might as well have asked people to go lick the handrails at the bus station.

Well... good work and thanks for the heads up.

Post edited by McGyver on
    McGyver said:
    DAZ_Rawb said:

Just a note here, the new store software won't really look much different than the existing software so if you are expecting some massive visual upgrades you aren't going to seeing them...

I might as well have asked people to go lick the handrails at the bus station.

ROFL 

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Thank you for letting us know, and I hope all goes smoothly in this upgrade!

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,460

I look forward to being able to use my 85 cent store credit and Amazon Pay at the same time.

• Cora ReginaCora Regina Posts: 731
    edited October 2020
    DAZ_Rawb said:

Just a note here, the new store software won't really look much different than the existing software so if you are expecting some massive visual upgrades you aren't going to seeing them.

Are we going to get filtering that isn't completely useless for everything except wearables? Because that's been a bigger hindrance to finding things I want to buy than any purely visual aspect of the store.

I desperately want to be able to filter by category (shaders, lights, environments, etc.) using drop-downs rather than having to click through multiple pages that don't allow for quickly changing filtering parameters, and to be able to confine a search to one specific product category.

Regardless I hope everything goes smoothly. A lot of hard work has gone into it over the past weeks.

Post edited by Cora Regina on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

the prod library manual d/l pages need serious fixing.  downloading prod images as jpg would be much appreciated.  would be nice to see which d/l isnt the legacy version.

the issue with the wishlist showing eensy tiny thumbnails is a major shopping obstacle.  cant remember what the prroduct is without the visual reminder.

it would sure be nice to see purchased gc odes on an account page.

would be sure nice to see carrara compatible flags on of content.

hoping the cart glitch fixed, when the sale goes thru at full price and not the sale price shown.  got burne on that glitch, still feeling traumatized 

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    DAZ_Rawb said:

1. Order ID's are going to be HUGE, so if you keep track of your orders in database software that was written in the 1980's you might have to upgrade.

Does this mean existing Order ID's will change?  That doesn't make sense.

Dana

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,002
    edited October 2020
    1. Don't lose our purchase data.

2. Don't break DIM.

Whatever changes are made to the site are probably okay. Thanks for the heads up.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817

I won't be very responsive in here for a bit as I'm finishing some testing and bug hunting. But, here's some answers to some of your questions:

Will the existing order ID's change? Nope, existing order ID's will remain the same, it's just the new ones that get big

Will the purchase data be brought over? Yup, all of the order history and your purchases will be brought over, wishlists won't get the comments carried over (weren't utilized enough to implement in the new system) and the contents of your cart will be lost. Oh, and you'll definitely have to log back in again.

Will the new system not have that cart bug where without warning all of the prices go back up to list price? This a key component of the new store software is making sure that the quoted price either is what is charged, or if the sales have changed while you were looking at your cart that it rejects processing the checkout and sends you back to the cart to see the updated total. I spent many nights attempting to get a similar system working on this store software but there were always some problems and it would lock out people, so this new system has it designed in from the start instead of added in as an after thought.

Don't break DIM. Will do.

• Will tomorrow's sales be the same after the store changeover or do we need to be sure to make our purchases before the store changeover ?

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714
    edited November 2020
    DanaTA said:
    DAZ_Rawb said:

Does this mean existing Order ID's will change?  That doesn't make sense.

Dana

Currently there are two different Order ID formats - one for items purchased before Magento, and another for items purchased after.   I imagine they are converting everything into the same format.    Apparently there are going to be 3 formats now.

daz_order_numbers.png
    670 x 396 - 42K
    Post edited by Taoz on
    There is also an order ID for each product in DIM that doesn't match the order number on the purchase receipt. I submitted a help request to ask about that, but I didn't get an answer.

Will tomorrow's sales be the same after the store changeover or do we need to be sure to make our purchases before the store changeover ?

I think it would probably be wise to make any purchases from the daily sale prior to the changeover. I'd probably make sure it's downloaded before changeover also, since it sounds like DIM will be out of commission for a while as well.

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

There's going to be a lot of improvements :)

G1/2 clothes won't poke through? The web site won't sign me out? dForce clothes won't explode? Coupon codes will work? Be still my beating heart!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

My SSD is fast filling up too with these new sets so I will have to buy another 2GB SSD in the next 6 months.

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,018
    DAZ_Rawb said:

Will the new system not have that cart bug where without warning all of the prices go back up to list price? This a key component of the new store software is making sure that the quoted price either is what is charged, or if the sales have changed while you were looking at your cart that it rejects processing the checkout and sends you back to the cart to see the updated total. I spent many nights attempting to get a similar system working on this store software but there were always some problems and it would lock out people, so this new system has it designed in from the start instead of added in as an after thought.

Thank you so much, this is the thing I was hoping for the most. 

• I'm guessing that the blue whale chance of getting a gift card at 65% off is going to go away too. frown

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,602

Sunday updgrades! I used to get dragged into the office for those angry

It's good to see the Daz team are working hard over the weekend to give us the best possible online store. Good luck, I hope it all goes well.yes

This discussion has been closed.