DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.3.52, General Release, Now Available for Download!

Comments

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited May 2014

If the boots is the only assets in your original sub category,
    and you delete the category from the assets,, the category turn un-visible,
    try on smart content, r-click then reflesh,,

(but what you did is not delete the category, you remove the category from the assets,,
    then there is no assets tagged with the category, then smart content not show the category)

then If you actually need to delete the category,,
    in content libarary, category , you may find the "directory" of category.
    check again, there is no file,, then select it, delete..
    (it simply just delete the category from the database.
    if you exported user-data,,(or product-data) , untill delete your category
    it remain your category.

delcategory.JPG
    701 x 485 - 52K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • dbdigital2dbdigital2 Posts: 270
    edited December 1969

Ok I have read through this thread and I am thinking about taking the plunge. But ONLY if I can restore to what I have now. The Valentina CMS is working well for me at the moment since I (a few months back) wiped out the data base files and rebuilt it. After that I always made sure to install content when DS is not running. Seems to have worked so far. I thought I did before but perhaps one time I didn't and the CMS kept getting worse and worse till it no longer showed anything in the smart content. And a reset/reload didn't fix it. I had to delete the actual database files to get it to rebuild properly.

Anyway Mmy question is, if I install the new PostgreSQL, have a problem can I go back to the Valentina CMS system easily? If so what are the steps?

I am guessing it is:
    Backup user data inside Ds content library management
    shut down DS
    uninstall PostgreSQL
    restart DS
    reimport all metadata and user data via the content library

I assume if I go back I will have to do a delete database/rescan of the content under Valentina CMS, then restore the user data (if that data is still compatible) to get everything operational again? Or if I didn't add content, just uninstall the PostgreSQL would be enough?.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Ok I have read through this thread and I am thinking about taking the plunge. But ONLY if I can restore to what I have now. The Valentina CMS is working well for me at the moment since I (a few months back) wiped out the data base files and rebuilt it. After that I always made sure to install content when DS is not running. Seems to have worked so far. I thought I did before but perhaps one time I didn't and the CMS kept getting worse and worse till it no longer showed anything in the smart content. And a reset/reload didn't fix it. I had to delete the actual database files to get it to rebuild properly.

Anyway Mmy question is, if I install the new PostgreSQL, have a problem can I go back to the Valentina CMS system easily? If so what are the steps?

I am guessing it is:
    Backup user data inside Ds content library management
    shut down DS
    uninstall PostgreSQL
    restart DS
    reimport all metadata and user data via the content library

I assume if I go back I will have to do a delete database/rescan of the content under Valentina CMS, then restore the user data (if that data is still compatible) to get everything operational again? Or if I didn't add content, just uninstall the PostgreSQL would be enough?.

If you didn't install any content after PostgreSQL all you need to do is uninstall it .

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

"DAZ Studio 4.6 (Win 64bit)" has just turned up in my DIM in the "product updates" section.

I d/l and installed 4.6.3.50 a few days back via the DIM so I'm just wondering why this is here again? Is it something else?

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    "DAZ Studio 4.6 (Win 64bit)" has just turned up in my DIM in the "product updates" section.

I d/l and installed 4.6.3.50 a few days back via the DIM so I'm just wondering why this is here again? Is it something else?

It's a hotfix for an issue some users were having.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/41482/P195/#612939
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    jakiblue said:

thanks Vaskania! I have no idea at all what he is saying, but I'll d/l and install anyway. *grin*

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    Vaskania said:
    jakiblue said:

thanks Vaskania! I have no idea at all what he is saying, but I'll d/l and install anyway. *grin*
    LOL I didn't either!

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Question... I accidentally made some categories in Smart Content that are not part of the "Default" main and I'd like to remove them. How does one do that? I tried removing them in the Content DB Editor but when I right click and Delete Selected Categories or Delete Selected Categories from Selected Files but when I click the Accept button it SEEMS to be updating things but then the unwanted category is still there in the Smart Content line up! :-(

See that "Sync Product and Local Databases" on the upper left in your image? Check the box to enable it. Tech support pointed out that out to me when I ran into the same issue.

• mixfixermixfixer Posts: 0
    edited May 2014

Hi DAZ engineers.... managers... artists...

I just wanted to say THANKS. It's 4-freaking THIRTY in the A.M. (in California) and I am so jazzed, that I feel compelled to write you all a LOVE LETTER. Can you bear with me for a minute or two - this being only my SECOND post in over two years of near daily DAZ 3D use.

Again, I would just like to say -- to ALL at DAZ 3D -- THANK YOU!

I'll try to keep it short, but I probably won't, so sorry in advance!

Two years ago, when I accidentally discovered DAZ, I was just so happy to sink my teeth into 3D, that the various bugs.... and the many missing documents, user guides and other assorted documents which seemed to have fallen into a state of perpetual "WIP"-ness -- well, all those things were, to me at least, happily overlooked. I was too busy digging in and learning how to light properly (etc.) to care. Plus, I am also intimately aware of how incredibly difficult it can be to wrangle a job like that - with so many loose ends dangling... just deciding where to start and how to proceed can be paralyzing. Then, once a PLAN is in place, an often overlooked "executional" detail, is the careful recruitment of the *right* people with which to augment the existing team - so that you're not all killing yourselves and getting nowhere. Oh yeah. Seen it. Been there done that. Just thinking about it gives me shivers! The six years I spent at Apple (right up until Steve Jobs signed off), were *intense* to say the least (although I loved working for Apple, I do in fact feel like a "survivor"). Point is, I know to accomplish what you all have accomplished in the past year (probably more) is simply a TON of hard and dedicated work. There's just no getting around it. I can also imagine that a lot of the true heros at DAZ, are largely "Unsung Heroes", and are probably used to getting more criticism than praise, (unfortunately, it often times just goes with the territory).

The DAZ 3D "call to arms" (for lack of a better term) that started about 2 or more years ago, and which has really, REALLY ramped up over the past year or so, has NOT gone unnoticed. Not just the obvious stuff, but in ALL of the departments. Yes, some people do actually notice these things! They have a medical term for it, I'm sure... whudevah... Anyway, stay tuned because I have had one too many Ciders (and I only had two), and I am handing out some RAISES. Virtual, of course, but heartfelt, all the same. ;-)

So, MARKETING. Okay, whoa. Who ever has been cracking the marketing whip at Daz deserves a raise. Straight up. DAZ, you have one kick-ass Marketing group. Take care of them! You guys are more than just "on it" - You have reinvented DAZ, as a company. Bold of me? Yes. But I speak the simple truth. That is no small feat. It's the equivalent of puttering around town, aimlessly, at 25 miles an hour, or less, and then suddenly from out of the blue someone from the backseat reaches over and slams down a "Nitrous boost" switch! Suddenly the speedometer is RED-LINED! Very impresssive turn-around! Point in case: Just take a look at some of your competitor's "ho-hum" websites - (of course you do already). DAZ 3D is now LEADING the industry. I think that is a accurate statement. Not in sales, neccesarily )I have no idea), but I'm referring to smart and proactive marketing tactics - and YES - in product offering. In short, in CONTENT. [ The other's don't realize that they are being assimilated quite yet. Slow digestive juices and all. But they will. Resistance is futile.... ( ;-) One by one, they are beginning to take your lead, and are updating their sites and a few are ( in my opinion) imitating your formatting style, your advertising style, and even your marketing methods. As they say: imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

So, a shout out to Marketing: Raises all around!

To your hiring managers, or the core team, as the case may be: Firstly - a DOUBLE thumbs up on recruiting Jack T. Sweet! This sent a HUGE message to the 3D community, without saying a word. There are a lot, no... not a lot.... SOME and only some, EXCELLENT content artists out there, and Jack's work is right at the top, with those few. (and a quick thank you directly to JACK T. for your consistently inspired work, as it has consistently kept ME inspired. There are other greats that have their work showcased at DAZ that shouldn't go unmentioned, of course.... Moyra comes immediately to mind, as a wonderful compliment to all of Jack's stunning work. But I digress - and you all get my point - that there's a huge pool of talented artists at DAZ, for sure. The bar has been set very high but bringing Jack onboard. It's more than just the detail in the work (and that's superb), but it's the artistic taste that you infuse every single piece with. Bravo Jack! Bravo Daz! To early for a raise for Jack. What the hell - I vote for a raise for Jack!

What else? Who else...?

Customer support: I'm impressed. Totally on it. Not one BAD thing to say (I have had only limited experience with Customer Support. but it's all been good. Perfect even. So, I figure that's the same thing as saying a hundred GOOD things!

I'll cut directly to the THRUST of why I started on this rambling love-fest: Your Development engineers and designers..... and management. You guys all deserve, and no doubt NEED some love.... KUDOS to you all!

Here's why I am so jovial at 5am..... I am, as of today, enjoying my "SMART CONTENT" folder, for the FIRST FREAKING TIME EVER!! And that is in over TWO YEARS of solid DAZ 3D use over many versions. I gave up long ago trying to get it to work. So I was SHOCKED today find it working (with the help of content reinstallation via your Install app). The Smart Content feature, along with your Installer App - should BOTH win AWARDS, if they haven't already. You heard it here first folks. Or maybe not.... ;-)

Anyway, ENOUGH OF MY YAPPIN!
    Thanks again to all at DAZ 3D! EXCELLENT WORK!!

- Sincerely,
    Christopher Bentley*
    (Bentley Audio Production and Graphic Design)

(* The author is an EX-high-tech hardware and software engineer and was a major STRESS-MESS. And is in fact amazed that he avoided a stroke or heart attack after 20 years in the trenches (off and on) in Silicon Valley. You can now find him in Sunny California calmly rendering more art than should be legal - mediocre art? eh... perhaps... but the point is that *I* like it, so therefore it is STRESS-FREE ART!

For that, I could kiss you all!

Post edited by mixfixer on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,809
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    jakiblue said:
    Vaskania said:
    jakiblue said:

LOL I didn't either!

It means, if I am reading correctly, that if you install DS through DIM your serial number will automatically be applied so that you don't have to do it on first run. Of course most of us have long since added our serials, but for new users or for established suers installing on a new, clean, system it's a convenience. The update is solely to fix an issue with that, but if we don't install it we won't immediately be able to tell whether the update sitting in DIM is the update for the serial issue or a new update for the application as a whole.

• BTLProdBTLProd Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

It means, if I am reading correctly, that if you install DS through DIM your serial number will automatically be applied so that you don't have to do it on first run. Of course most of us have long since added our serials, but for new users or for established suers installing on a new, clean, system it's a convenience. The update is solely to fix an issue with that, but if we don't install it we won't immediately be able to tell whether the update sitting in DIM is the update for the serial issue or a new update for the application as a whole.

Exactly correct.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    jakiblue said:
    Vaskania said:
    jakiblue said:

LOL I didn't either!

Correct.

One key point. If you have Dynamic Cloth Control, uninstall that, install DAZ Studio and then re-install Dynamic Cloth Control.

Dynamic Cloth Control and the built in Dynamic Cloth Player in DAZ Studio are a whichever is installed last wins situation.

edited December 1969

Exactly correct.

oh ok, cool! Thanks Richard! I've not had serialization problems at all in the past, so I was a bit lost. But that explains it a bit better. :D :D

edited December 1969

DAZ_Spooky, thanks for that! I'll remember to do that. :D

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    jakiblue said:
    Vaskania said:
    jakiblue said:

LOL I didn't either!

Correct.

One key point. If you have Dynamic Cloth Control, uninstall that, install DAZ Studio and then re-install Dynamic Cloth Control.

Dynamic Cloth Control and the built in Dynamic Cloth Player in DAZ Studio are a whichever is installed last wins situation.
    Thank you! I just noticed the download in DIM and I too was wondering why. So now I uninstall Dynamic Cloth Control and Install the DS update and install DynCloth again.
    Thank you Spooky for pointing that out. :)

Love, Jeanne

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Lindsey said:
    RAMWolff said:
    Question... I accidentally made some categories in Smart Content that are not part of the "Default" main and I'd like to remove them. How does one do that? I tried removing them in the Content DB Editor but when I right click and Delete Selected Categories or Delete Selected Categories from Selected Files but when I click the Accept button it SEEMS to be updating things but then the unwanted category is still there in the Smart Content line up! :-(

See that "Sync Product and Local Databases" on the upper left in your image? Check the box to enable it. Tech support pointed out that out to me when I ran into the same issue.

I'm such a dork. Thanks so much Lindsey! *BONK* I could really use a V8! lmao

• bhillgot_minebhillgot_mine Posts: 0
    edited May 2014

Has anyone figured a simple fix for the smart content stuff disappearing? I tried so many things and I'm out of ideas now

EDIT*** I got it fixed and working now. Will edit again with the steps below ↓

EDIT 2

Alright so this was a major pain in the ass (reminds me of my days with Maya scripting). So I tried the previous methods using installers and packages, tried uninstalling inside of D. Install Manager, and reinstalling and none of it worked. Tried the "reset computer" methods and even moving metadata and all that crap...tried opening the programming directory and reprogramming it myself to get it to work more efficiently at one point, but there's no way to reprogram the CMS files as they're just 'memory' and nothing else. So this is the simplest method I came up with, and NO YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A PROGRAMMER OR DESIGNER TO DO THIS METHOD!!!!!!!!

*Step 1: Go to the DAZ folders "computer → C: → program files → DAZ 3D" and click on the folder once.

Step 2: Reach over and hit your DELETE key. It'll ask you that administrative "Are you sure?" question. Click Yes/OK.

Step 3: Alright now go to your recycle bin and click on the "remove" button to make sure they're off of your computer.

Step 4: You no longer have DAZ, Install Manager, or CMS. Let's get them back now. At the top of the website, click on PRODUCTS and download Daz for free. The next page will ask you if you have the install manager (or do it manually), click on the "DOWNLOAD NOW" button and it should download an .exe file of the install manager.

Step 5: Ummm...run the .exe and install DIM. At the end it should say "open DIM now" and "open readme". Check 'open now' and finish.

**Step 6: Alright now you have DIM back. Go ahead and log in with your email and password. Go over to the very last pane with all of your 'installed' stuff, go all the way down to "DAZ 3D" and uninstall that. Then go down a little further and uninstall the "post sql" whatever crap and the valentina conversion.

Step 7: Go back to the middle pane and install DAZ 3D. Now you have Daz again along with the CMS again.

Step 8: Open DAZ Studio and all your smart content should be back to the way it was =)

*NOTE: If you're using x64bit computer, you also need to delete the x32 daz 3D in your program files(x32) folder

**NOTE: Don't uninstall your product files. Leave them installed and they'll still be there when you turn Daz on.

If you need me to translate to another language, I can do: Japanese, Italian, German, Dutch, Spanish

And as a little sidenote...I left the postgresql update thing uninstalled because I don't trust it. Yes this was an easy fix to do, and took less than 5 mins, but I was up for 2 days straight trying to figure this out. Seriously, I'm not doubting you guys at your programming or designing skills but a lot of people can see this package wasn't completely ready to be tested out yet. If you made the files public, I'm sure others in the community probably way better than myself or even the DAZ team, could make it run smoothly on everybody's system with no errors. DAZ is free anyway so its not like you'd be losing anything...

Post edited by bhillgot_mine on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

One more try (but I do not know,, it will work,, or perfectly I say mistake TT;
    I can not believe myself about your problem,, )

http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/use-netstat-to-see-listening-ports-and-pid-in-windows/

that check which aprication use each port. from task manager and command pronmpt.

though I do not know ,if postgre sql auto serch free port or not,,
    but I sometimes needed to change port no for some aprication,,
    for data base too.

if you find aprication which use port 1024 already,,,,,
    try to stop the aprication, (process) or change port setting.,,,

(before ,,, I installed apachi or tomcat etc, ,tried to learn simple web database,,
    then sometimes install same aprication without intention,, and they run,, at same time,,
    n it often cause port problem easy,,^^;)

Thank you!
    I tried this and 1024 seems to be free.
    Well, I think I will have to wait for a later version of PostGre ...

edited December 1969

Kerya Anyway have you up-dated your daz studio 4.6.350 after that?

daz offer new version for person who can not use postgre, yesterday (maybe) again.
    (not change version no)

If you use DIM you may find new version daz studio (but keep version number)

I do not know it remove your issue,, (seems not ><;?)</p>

but after all we need to up-date daz studio.
    (I do not understand clear serial issue,, but it seems if I do no up-date,
    may DIM not tell me when daz up-date daz studio,, I think)

if you have already done it,, not mind this reply.

edited December 1969

Yes, I updated to the no version number change version ...
    Logfile still says: Connected to CMS: 4.8 ...

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,809
    edited December 1969

Has anyone figured a simple fix for the smart content stuff disappearing? I tried so many things and I'm out of ideas now

EDIT 2

Alright so this was a major pain in the ass (reminds me of my days with Maya scripting). So I tried the previous methods using installers and packages, tried uninstalling inside of D. Install Manager, and reinstalling and none of it worked. Tried the "reset computer" methods and even moving metadata and all that crap...tried opening the programming directory and reprogramming it myself to get it to work more efficiently at one point, but there's no way to reprogram the CMS files as they're just 'memory' and nothing else. So this is the simplest method I came up with, and NO YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A PROGRAMMER OR DESIGNER TO DO THIS METHOD!!!!!!!!

*Step 1: Go to the DAZ folders "computer → C: → program files → DAZ 3D" and click on the folder once.

Step 2: Reach over and hit your DELETE key. It'll ask you that administrative "Are you sure?" question. Click Yes/OK.

Step 3: Alright now go to your recycle bin and click on the "remove" button to make sure they're off of your computer.

Step 4: You no longer have DAZ, Install Manager, or CMS. Let's get them back now. At the top of the website, click on PRODUCTS and download Daz for free. The next page will ask you if you have the install manager (or do it manually), click on the "DOWNLOAD NOW" button and it should download an .exe file of the install manager.

Step 5: Ummm...run the .exe and install DIM. At the end it should say "open DIM now" and "open readme". Check 'open now' and finish.

**Step 6: Alright now you have DIM back. Go ahead and log in with your email and password. Go over to the very last pane with all of your 'installed' stuff, go all the way down to "DAZ 3D" and uninstall that. Then go down a little further and uninstall the "post sql" whatever crap and the valentina conversion.

Step 7: Go back to the middle pane and install DAZ 3D. Now you have Daz again along with the CMS again.

Step 8: Open DAZ Studio and all your smart content should be back to the way it was =)

*NOTE: If you're using x64bit computer, you also need to delete the x32 daz 3D in your program files(x32) folder

**NOTE: Don't uninstall your product files. Leave them installed and they'll still be there when you turn Daz on.

If you need me to translate to another language, I can do: Japanese, Italian, German, Dutch, Spanish

And as a little sidenote...I left the postgresql update thing uninstalled because I don't trust it. Yes this was an easy fix to do, and took less than 5 mins, but I was up for 2 days straight trying to figure this out. Seriously, I'm not doubting you guys at your programming or designing skills but a lot of people can see this package wasn't completely ready to be tested out yet. If you made the files public, I'm sure others in the community probably way better than myself or even the DAZ team, could make it run smoothly on everybody's system with no errors. DAZ is free anyway so its not like you'd be losing anything...

That's a fairly drastic, and slightly risky, approach. Did you try simply uninstalling PostgreSQL? If you'd uninstalled Valentina (it isn't uninstalled by default) there's an installer to reinstate it in C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZ3DIM1\cms (or C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZ3DIM1\cms for Windows 32 bit users - I assume the Mac equivalent would be in the DIM application folder too).

edited December 1969

Kerya Anyway have you up-dated your daz studio 4.6.350 after that?

daz offer new version for person who can not use postgre, yesterday (maybe) again.
    (not change version no)

If you use DIM you may find new version daz studio (but keep version number)

I do not know it remove your issue,, (seems not ><;?)</p>

but after all we need to up-date daz studio.
    (I do not understand clear serial issue,, but it seems if I do no up-date,
    may DIM not tell me when daz up-date daz studio,, I think)

if you have already done it,, not mind this reply.

If you have DAZ Studio previously installed, this new version changes nothing. If you do not have DAZ Studio installed on your system, for example you formatted your Hard Drive and started over or bought a new computer, the new build fixes an install error which makes it easier to install DAZ Studio.
    edited December 1969

Unfortunately it still ignores Postgres ... sniff

edited December 1969

I really hope DAZ professionals help Karya ^^;

I now checked again,, the documet about how to rebuild CMS then,, you proud new postgre,,
    so that,, pelase help guys who can not use postgre please ^^;;

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Unfortunately it still ignores Postgres ... sniff

Have you filed a support ticket? That way we can get you one on one help to get you set up. :)

edited December 1969

I think I will do that ... thank you!

edited December 1969

For those seeing people having issues with the Installation of PostgreSQL and if you do not have ZoneAlarm, the following are the instructions for getting you using the new, more robust, PostgreSQL in place of the previous Valentina database.

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/41561240-Installing-PostgreSQL-for-DAZ-Studio-and-Smart-Content-Issues

I'll see if we can get Customer Service to add Screenshots. :) It really is that simple in 90+% of cases. (No offense intended to those that have experienced issues.)

• bhillgot_minebhillgot_mine Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

EDIT 2

That's a fairly drastic, and slightly risky, approach. Did you try simply uninstalling PostgreSQL? If you'd uninstalled Valentina (it isn't uninstalled by default) there's an installer to reinstate it in C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZ3DIM1\cms (or C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZ3DIM1\cms for Windows 32 bit users - I assume the Mac equivalent would be in the DIM application folder too).

Yes, I did. It seems the damage done after installing the updates a couple days ago was irreversible. Deleting everything isn't that risky though; it's like buying a new computer and downloading everything again. By getting rid of everything, I just got my computer back to that "before DAZ" brand-new stage, and just downloaded it again.

The only other thing I could consider would be going into the registry editor and finding the files in the brain of the PC. That would take an extremely long time but if you're too scared to delete/uninstall anything, it's a great alternative. I recommend doing the above method on a laptop or something you don't care about just to test out your own theories. I know some people aren't that tech savvy, and I'd include a video but I spent all my money on Daz props >.>

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

On my main computer I use DS4.6.2.120
    I downloaded the latest version: DS4.6.3.50, not installed yet.
    I don't use Smart Content and I didn't install the CMS so I assume I don't have to bother about this postgreSQL (and don't have to install it either). Is that a correct assumption?

Thanks very much for answering that.

Love, Jeanne :)

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

rbtwhiz said:
    A standalone installer for the PostgreSQL CMS is being actively investigated. That does not mean that one will, or that one will not, be made available at some point... it simply means that we are investigating how/whether a standalone installer can be provided - one that will install the files to the appropriate locations, with the permissions required to allow everything to play nicely together. Permission handling with the standalone installers is more difficult to deal with than it is with Install Manager; i.e. when something doesn't work the way we want it to in Install Manager, we can change it so that it does; when something doesn't work the way we want with the standalone installers, we have to either find ways around it [if possible] or we have to wait for support and/or updates from a third party.

We would like for everyone to be able to install and use this new version.

I really hope you can make a stand-alone installer. I don't use DIM, as it is still fundamentally broken with its insistence on using Users\Public for metadata/downloads/etc with no option for the user to change this. If you simply made this configurable, I'd give DIM a shot. But as it stands now, Users\Public is on a limited-space boot SSD instead of the big mechanical drive where this stuff belongs...

Thanks