The "Animators Assemble!" thread for Daz animation WIPs, clips, and tips

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,219
    edited October 2020

Having fun making gifs!

Petipet's Dominators are attacking inception8's Project Xion City! Oh No!!!

(the animation is playing at half speed in the gif)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,153

@Dartanbeck Thank you for watching :)

Are you kidding? Thanks for the awesome Halloween Treat! Very nice job!

Thank you for the very nice compliment .  compared to your stuff I feel mine is amateurish . I agree with you and diva on. Animation is a blast to make stories with  :)

It's really horrible, but I pulled off my first Filaments test. Too bad there aren't any actual "Render Engine" settings for this thing, that I could find. It sure is Fast!

I'm still not very 'at home' working in DS. It seems like it's designed to hamper the animator any way it can, like highlighting parts of the scene as we wave the mouse pointer in front of the viewport, for example. Yikes that drives me nuts!

But that's just me, not being used to it. Quite frankly, I'm finding that Daz Studio is one Incredible piece of Excellence! I love how I can plunk any part of the interface anywhere I want - and even get rid of it if I want, since it's all handy there in the Windows tab! 

Well, I'm a Huge Alita Battle Angel fan, and I saw Syph and her amazing suit in the PC for a Day sale, so I had a G8F character to play with to test Filaments.

edited October 2020

I barely know how to work with materials in DS - or even how to light a scene, render, etc.,

I think with a little practice, this might get fun

The hard part is that I find it hard to buy anything G3 or G8 until we get compatibility in Carrara. I have to draw the line somewhere, right?

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited October 2020

It's really horrible, but I pulled off my first Filaments test. Too bad there aren't any actual "Render Engine" settings for this thing, that I could find. It sure is Fast!

I'm still not very 'at home' working in DS. It seems like it's designed to hamper the animator any way it can, like highlighting parts of the scene as we wave the mouse pointer in front of the viewport, for example. Yikes that drives me nuts!

But that's just me, not being used to it. Quite frankly, I'm finding that Daz Studio is one Incredible piece of Excellence! I love how I can plunk any part of the interface anywhere I want - and even get rid of it if I want, since it's all handy there in the Windows tab! 

Well, I'm a Huge Alita Battle Angel fan, and I saw Syph and her amazing suit in the PC for a Day sale, so I had a G8F character to play with to test Filaments.

That's Awesome. that suit is almost a prefect match.

under daz preference settings edit>preference  you can change up your iu interacts with more how you like it too. .

I have no interest in filament at this time I'm gonna wait a bit for the bugs to be worked out and some shaders are available. and folks to figure out how to work it. I donno to me it looks like a iclone render  which not bad, its just not crisp like irays

Capture.JPG
    816 x 772 - 73K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,808
    edited October 2020

Sevrin has a thread here you can read through on Filament  kiss

I like the fact I can just actually use DAZ studio on my Win7 machine with it

the hardware was insufficient otherwise 

I still will chug through iray on my other Win10 one

and use Carrara on both heart

unfortunately it doesn't render alpha png or backdrops but a green or blue plane behind could work for keying

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Having fun making gifs!

Petipet's Dominators are attacking inception8's Project Xion City! Oh No!!!

(the animation is playing at half speed in the gif)

Very cool!

hahah I wouldn't say it's horrible at all. :) I'm glad you gave it a go - I'm enjoying animation with Filament. It still has some work needed but it's got a lot of promise. I think with some practice and some time for the community to experiment with it to find the best settings for it, Filament will be quite viable for animators. 

I think when any new render engine launches there's always a need for tests and experiments to see what makes it look best. Just like using Default 3DL render settings isn't optimal and using Default Iray render settings isn't optimal, I think it will take time to also find what render settings, lighting, and shaders will help Filament to shine.

• krickerdkrickerd Posts: 184
    edited October 2020

A project I have long wished to do is finally realized.  Only took about 2 days.

Powermetal Aerobics 3D Animation

Post edited by Chohole on
    Z Family said:
    Here is my first animation done few months ago: All done with daz and mixamo. Still working now on other project with animation of course ;-)

Amazing job!  Motions and details are excellent!!

I'll start out by confessing that up until this week I used Poser for animation, even though I used the Daz characters (V4/M4), because I found the Daz animation tools too cumbersome. I recently built a PC, however, and moved over from the Mac, which forced me to construct a new workflow, since moving to Windows 10 made me leave some of my tried and true tools behind--notably InterPoser Pro and PoserFusion--but also gained me opportunities in the form of iClone/3DXChange. But perhaps the most important development (not to mention the most auspicious timing) is the new Daz Studio 4.12 timeline. With the new timeline, I think can finally cut Poser loose and work with the Daz characters in their native application, not to mention finally potentially access the Genesis characters, which I never got to work in Poser. Also, my tests with the PC-only 3DXChange have yielded the kind of retargeting of motion capture and stock motions to V4/M4 that I have been dreaming of for over a decade, so I am really excited to explore the capabilities and possibilities of my new Daz Studio pipeline (motion capture/3DXChange/Daz/Riptide/Cinema 4D)

Below is a test I did with an iClone motion, imported to V4 and edited in the new Daz timeline (hand movements, expressions, eye movements) and exported out to Cinema 4D via Riptide. The props are exported to C4D in fbx.

Very natural looking movements.  Great job!

That is some really outstanding work Tim..   

Thanks! The software and hardware keep getting better, when you can get them to work!

What did you use? Kinect & Blender? Or something else?

In this case it's an iClone stock motion, but I do have an Optitrack mocap rig that I use for captures. I exported the Daz figure using Riptide Pro and rendered in Cinema 4D. Most of my work uses original mocap, like below.

Excellent!  

edited October 2020

a silly one using a mishmash of iClone6, iray png sequence overlays, 360 panoramas, Filament, Carrara Octane and Native

I spent lots of time jumping between softwares and still had some I didn't usedevil

since we have a lot of lovely baroque/roccoco fashions at DAZ I still haven't used and all these vaulted ceiling's and ballrooms I must try doing these dances

lots of Handel, Mozart, Bach public domain music too

Very cool! Nice bunch of courtly gestures! I love the characters styles. They look great! Great music for a gala as well

I wish I knew how to dance. I'd put some dance moves together for you! ;)

Here's my band playing Low Rider (I'm the drummer)

Sonny's Pizzeria pation by the docks, July 6th 2018

Different style of dancing though! ;)

edited October 2020

I am looking at the danceforms BVH files but they are so painfull they have so many bones

Carrara will load them but iClone 3DX6 won't reload the saved bone mapping on the exported FBX

so I would have to retarget one at a time 

and trying it on a genesis it looked awful

Capture.JPG
    1920 x 1048 - 258K

I am looking at the danceforms BVH files but they are so painfull they have so many bones

Carrara will load them but iClone 3DX6 won't reload the saved bone mapping on the exported FBX

so I would have to retarget one at a time 

and trying it on a genesis it looked awful

sad

For Genesis, I like using aniBlocks. DS does a fine job importing PoserMoCap's BVH files. So when I need to retarget G3 or 8 motions to Genesis, I impport the BVH files (Thankfully PoserMoCap includes BVH too!) onto the correct figure, then use zaz777's scripts with the main conversion script he links to. Works great!

you can do it in danceforrms itself

Wow. I haven't seen/tried that since it (that video) first came out! I might have to check that out again!

Thanks again, Wendy! heart

edited October 2020

Wow. I haven't seen/tried that since it (that video) first came out! I might have to check that out again!

Thanks again, Wendy! heart

me either

and it seems to work in DAZ studio too

those people wanting the Mixamo animations converted will be happy

edited October 2020

hahah Thank you for posting that! You guys are good! :D Nice job on the skins! I wanted to learn how to play the drums but never had the money for a set and no place to really play and practice that wouldn't drive the rest of the family insane. lol

Post edited by 3Diva on

OK after posing it badly to match and mapping my bones

I find this

https://sharecg.com/v/83030/view/5/3D-Model/DanceForms-Models-for-Gen4-Genesis-and-Genesis-2

edited October 2020

this was my attempt

now using the shareCG models and hopefully better

update

DAZ studio import awful

Carrara works

this was my attempt

now using the shareCG models and hopefully better

update

DAZ studio import awful

Carrara works

Sweet!

3Diva said:

hahah Thank you for posting that! You guys are good! :D Nice job on the skins! I wanted to learn how to play the drums but never had the money for a set and no place to really play and practice that wouldn't drive the rest of the family insane. lol

Thanks! Yeah, I discovered the hard way after moving out on my own how 'illegal' practicing drums can be! LOL

I'm still incredibly appreciative for how patient and supportive my parents are! 

edited October 2020

That was excellent, you guys did awesome :) I show you what we have done . But sadly Youtube shut our bands channel down for copyright infringments for posting music covers of bands like Heart .

I have a few demos of me playing  but no band ones left.

Post edited by Ivy on

My brother put that one up. Not sure if it'll last. I think if monetization isn't applied it might be okay? But what about all of the others making a living off of playing covers on YT? I never really looked into all of that.

Wow! Seeing Predatron's stuff in the PC+ sale (when I deselect "Hide what I own", I was inspired to animate. It was the perfect time too, since I needed a good monster lurking in the shadows. 

So I made a really cool Angor wearing some stuff from Mortem Vetus' Ragnarok, of which I simulated the cloak in VWD, and he's weilding Predatron's Morningstar from the ol' Freak Weapons collection. 

It turned out to fit perfectly with the sequences I made yesterday/last night. 

One (of the Very Many) thing I love about Carrara is how easily we can tweak out some really cool shaders! Using Multi-layer and/or nesting a bunch of things together can truly bring out some awesome results. Lighting is so easy too. He starts off as nothing more than an imposing silhouette and steps into the light at the end for the big (Big) reveal! Carrara magic makes stuff like this super easy and a lot of fun.

I only say that because I'm still trying to wrap my head around using Daz Studio, which I really think is an amazing thing, but I still have so much to learn about. Making that horrible gif above of Syph in TheDigiVault's awesome Cold Fusion was a great learning experience. He (The DigiVault) included some nice camera presets, so I used one of those and animated it - simple enough. I still need to learn the ins and out of lighting, which is always something to get to know with a new engine. For that one there are no lights at all - not even the headlamp. Only the emission materials from Cold Fusion.

I love Cold Fusion in Carrara, but Wow, is it even a fun and easy experience in DS! 

So much to learn - So little computer time! Argh. Tomorrow morning I have to get back to chiseling, which gets harder and harder with the years. Heavy hammer pounding on a little chisel on hard stone, hitting darn near as hard as I can for a full day... argh! I wish I could just be at my computer doing my own thing for every hour I would normally have to work! LOL