The foam Peanuts are a tad too sweet and I ate too much but don't feel full Complaint Thread

Comments

• 1gecko1gecko Posts: 307
    edited May 2014

ugh - med side 'effects'!! double ugh! One of the reasons I am so averse to using any meds I don't absolutely *have* to! I have the 'luck' of having a very non-standard biochemistry, so many times I end up in the 'statistically small' category that gets the side effects :/

Don't misunderstand - this is still much, MUCH better than the so called 'natural' medicines/remedies that so many rant about! The suppliers somehow neglect to point out that they are not required by law (nor do so out of their own choice) to DO those 10,000+ people studies and make records of every nasty thing that happens! They count on (and are correct) people's natural inability to grasp statistics and probability - especially when it comes to the modern world. Between a person's work, school, family, friends and ESPECIALLY 'social media' the *average* person quite literally 'knows' over 10,000 people! O.O Compare that with our grandparent's time when that number was much less than a 1,000 (if not even 100 if they lived rurally). Now, out of all those people you 'know' what are the odds they or someone they 'know' who has had a bad reaction/side effect to *any* given medicine? The math works out to nearly 100%... and they will all be happy to tell you about the terrible occurrence (people are TWELVE times more likely to relate a negative experience over a positive one - laboratory proven rate). So everyone knows someone who either HAD or 'PERSONALLY' knows someone who had the 'bad' side effect to *any* medicine you wish to name - all you have to do is mention it... even if that side effect is 1 in 10,000 (or less)! O.o Compare that to non-regulated 'natural' remedies that don't list side effects nor test for them - where it is rare that someone would even connect the fact that they suddenly had some seemingly unrelated woe hit them while they took it (say liver damage that shows up 2 years later after you use whatever for your arthritis in your hands)...

sorry for the rant - pet peeve of mine. My mother and I go round and round about this all the time (she is one of the tree-bark gnawing, natural method using, etc. groupies that thinks that it MUST be ok since it is 'all natural' [rolls eyes]) and every time I *think* I make progress in pulling her head out of the fog some snake-oil peddler comes along with a 'rediscovered' wonder herb/bark/mineral/oil that will solve whatever ails you for the low, low price of $19.99! And Heaven forbid it has some (however vague) reference to 'Native Americans' or 'Aborigines' used this!!

Post edited by 1gecko on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited May 2014

1gecko said:
    hey all! Thank you for the warm hellos! =D

[soapbox]Change *can* be good... change for change sake is both bad and stupid.

...I prefer to change for sake which is very tasty and warms the soul...
    blossom-sake-set-bottle.jpg
    900 x 900 - 76K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • 1gecko1gecko Posts: 307
    edited December 1969

ha! only the 'good stuff' (or so I am told) - the rest just burns going down!!

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310
    edited December 1969

1gecko said:
    [soapbox]Change *can* be good... change for change sake is both bad and stupid. Change that requires 'relearning' on a memorized task (unless a functional *NECESSITY* is worse than stupid, it is destructive. Devs need to realize software is a *tool* - period. No debate - for the user, it is a tool, not the goal. Devs must learn to use the tool so they can know how it is supposed to function and any changes should *support* that function and not just change it... and the skills/steps to using the tool should not change; that only hurts the user. And since the user is also your customer, hurt them enough and they *will* find someone that won't keep abusing them (or their ability to produce will decline and everyone suffers). Changing short-cut keys (with the exception of OS required changes) is not change or improvement, it is laziness and sloppiness on the part of the programmers. [/soapbox]

As a thirty-two year veteran of software development, I couldn't agree more. It's a pity someone over at Microsoft didn't read your comments before they completely changed the Office interface.

Cheers,

Alex.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,008
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    1gecko said:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2037.html

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

World War Z is on TV, a kind mix of Fight Club and Pimp My Zombie - strange heaps of living dead are piling up all over :lol:

edited December 1969

1gecko said:
    ha! only the 'good stuff' (or so I am told) - the rest just burns going down!!

Awww they told me the burny stuff wuz better, no wonder head hurted so much afterward :lol:

Is that really true that people are twelve times more likely to recount a negative experience? I guess thirteenth is the charm hey :lol:

edited December 1969

Non complaint: A few stars are out and sparkling over city towers, a rare enough sight I guess no moon and a cold Southerly blowing on a few puffy black clouds helps out there :)

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    AtticAnne said:

Delightful, tjohn. Where did you get that rocking chair? I need 2--one for the computer and one for me.:-)

SAMS3D Freebies at Rendo

More SAMS3D Freebies here.

Well, blow me down. No wonder I liked it so much--I already have it in my Runtime. :red: I have a ,lot of Sams3D products. Thanks anyway for the source, tjohn. Now I better use it.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited May 2014

Jaderail said:
    Random Complaint:

Day six of what appears to be at least eight, maybe more, of weather front sitting on me. Small changes only but nothing big enough to change the weather at all in all that time. Why is that a complaint you wonder? Because for the last six days now my pain index has been pushed to level 10 and has stayed there. Med's for pain? Yep, nothing touches it, sleep? You try to get rest with a full body tooth ache on max and see just how well it works out. My mental state has gone from endure to OMG Please stop, to snap at everything all the way back to endure again.

Moral of Post: I was so wrong thinking older people were nuts for saying the weather made them hurt when I was young. They knew fully of what they spoke, I as a healthy young whipper snapper laughed it off. I'm not laughing now.

Childbirth would be easier because it doesn't last as long. I hope you get some relief sooner than soon. Some of my ideas for easing my migraines: bang head into wall repeatedly, shoot my headache, or go stretch out in the middle of a freeway. My family prevented my doing the last two.

eta: Weather also affects migraines.

Post edited by atticanne on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

good mornin :coolsmile:

assorted complaints don't have the energy to type

doubled my w/l this morning, up to 57 items >.<

whatever happened to rebelmommy?

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    1gecko said:

ssippsss :)

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

yeah, what happened to rebelmommy? I like her characters. I can use the skin texures on Genesis 1.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:
    DanaTA said:
    Frank0314 said:
    I'm still using Office 2003. I don't like the new UI so I just stuck with the last version before they changed it.

Microsoft replaced the menus with the ribbon/tabbed interface.

Yeah, I don't really see anything so bad about that. A little adapting is all that is required. It's not so hard. If you can figure out Carrara or C4D this isn't so difficult. I'll admit I get frustrated when I can't find something I knew was there, but I eventually find it...then I know where it is.

Dana

It can be frustrating indeed, especially after you've had so long to get used to one way of doing things. Though I look at it like this: "As long as it doesn't radically change EVERY version, then it's not that bad" :P

Oh you mean like Final Cut? :lol: I'm using it but...
    http://www.petitiononline.com/finalcut/petition.html

ETA Temporary end of static void Thread.spam()

the petition is from 2012. how did it work out?

Hasn't. Complaining is loud and ongoing :lol: Depends on your background, videotape editors are notoriously grumpy and change averse but film editors are having to cope with digital cinema (DSP) packaging, workflow has changed radically anyhow :)

Droopy lip doesn't sound good Misty, go see someone about it?

maybe, i have a lottery ticket for tnite. :)

iz a weird feeling trying to eat, my lip ends up caught between my teeth and my corn bread. >.<</div>

You should get checked out fast, that sounds very wrong!

Dana

problem is i'm only temp worker, no benefits. no insurance of any kind.

i'm one of those who falls between the cracks, not poor enough for aid, but don't make enough to pay for it myself.

but, i might lose my job due to health issues, ahh, it's hilarious.

edited December 1969

yeah, what happened to rebelmommy? I like her characters. I can use the skin texures on Genesis 1.

i saw the green and gold onyx, looks nice. you were having trouble with it? how'd it work out?

pc item, i'm thinking of buying it.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

no, I don't think I had problems with textures of green and gold onyx. http://www.daz3d.com/green-and-gold-onyx

edited December 1969

..hmmm must be marketing this for the Southern Hemisphere.

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/darcy-outfit-for-genesis-2-female-s

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,686
    edited December 1969

I was searching images on google for Strigoi and came up with Nathy's Strigoi for Genesis. Actually the first image I clicked had a promo picture from that product.

edited May 2014

Morning. Dawn's hope shuttered by gloomy grey clouds rolling over the (suddenly gloomy) skyline on the back of a chill wind outside my window :(

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Here is Sokar the Strigoi smiling and thinking of his Queen who I have yet to name.

SokarWIP003.jpg
    1005 x 922 - 373K
    edited December 1969

He is handsome in an undead kind of way :)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

needing a raincoat today maybe :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

I decided his queen would be Nekhbet.

I put my male self insert character Daniel into the story. Nekhbet was a dhampire. Sokar was a Strigoi. Daniel was human.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,008
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Or they've been waiting to release it for several months. :lol:
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Dawn's hope shuttered by gloomy grey clouds rolling over the (suddenly gloomy) skyline on the back of a chill wind outside my window :(

...evening''s the same here. Day went from blue to white to grey to wet, though still warm and sticky.

No bowling match above us this time like last Sunday.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Or they've been waiting to release it for several months. :lol:
    ....hmmm, could have been one of those special "limited releases" during one of the October/November sales.
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:

...evening''s the same here. Day went from blue to white to grey to wet, though still warm and sticky.

No bowling match above us this time like last Sunday.

Sure is a gloomy day here :)

edited December 1969

remember the living room from mm? was in the store for a coupla hours?

edited December 1969

page 84

The can't think of anything Complaint Thread

• MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

I decided his queen would be Nekhbet.

I put my male self insert character Daniel into the story. Nekhbet was a dhampire. Sokar was a Strigoi. Daniel was human.

If they had childrenz, she would be a Mummy.
    I'll just show myself out....

This discussion has been closed.