DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.3.52, General Release, Now Available for Download!

Comments

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

I just downloaded the PostgreSQL CMS package (installed Studio 4.6.3.50 yesterday) and the Conversion package. I can see that PostgreSQL is working (from Studio log), but I thought the conversion tool installed too quickly and most content in Studio Content is showing "!" in the yellow triangle.

When I look at "installed" in DIM it says package size 830 bytes, installed size "unknown". Uninstall button says 0 bytes. This cannot be right, can it? I "uninstalled" and deleted the package, but in Ready To Download the package size is still 830 b.

That is actually correct. The "install" takes a while, not because it is a large file, but because it is converting between the two databases. The file itself is tiny, which basically says Look up the Valentina Database, take this database convert it to the format that PostgreSQL uses in this database. The progress bar on the install is actually the progress on the conversion.
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Windows Firewall ...
    Help / About DazStudio: DS 4.6.3.50

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited May 2014

Maybe my Valentina database was borked, because the conversion is fast.
    I never used SmartContent, I just let CMS run in the background ...
    How can I find out now?
    Because I can't install the old DS ...

Edited to add: I have to go now ... maybe I will find a way to make it work tomorrow ... aaaaaaaaaaaargh! ;)

Post edited by Kerya on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The fact that the conversion was so fast suggests that the Valentina DB is corrupt but if the log is saying "Connected to CMS: 4.8" then it's still using the Valentina DB. When you start up DS does Task Manager processes tab show several instances of postgres.exe running?

edited December 1969

It's drastic, but if you are using PostgreSQL you should still have your Valentina database as a backup, so you might try resetting the database and reimporting metadata from the Content DB Maintenance dialogue in the Content Library option menu.

Not that drastic, especially if user data was exported previously from Valentina.

It is what I had to do to get mine running properly the first time I tried to do the conversion. (Then I ran through the troubleshooting the smart Content pane KB article, rebuilt my Valentina Database and ran the conversion correctly the second time though. :) )

Note there is also a conversion script in DAZ Studio itself.

• CzexanaCzexana Posts: 167
    edited December 1969

I can't see that anyone else has mentioned this quirk - it seems that when you use the duplicate feature on something using the omUberSurface shader the duplicated surface renders out looking shiny. I noticed this with Artemis3D's new Amelie for Giselle 6 which uses UberSurface. To fix it I had to apply a skin using a different shader (AoA's SSS for example) then reapply Amelie.

duplicate_shiny.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 308K
    edited December 1969

czexana said:
    I can't see that anyone else has mentioned this quirk - it seems that when you use the duplicate feature on something using the omUberSurface shader the duplicated surface renders out looking shiny. I noticed this with Artemis3D's new Amelie for Giselle 6 which uses UberSurface. To fix it I had to apply a skin using a different shader (AoA's SSS for example) then reapply Amelie.
    If you save the scene and reload it does it look correct? (It did for me.)
  • 3WC3WC Posts: 1,095
    edited May 2014

I'm having problems too. Took forever to install the new DS and CMS, DIM kept not responding, encountered fatal errors and had to close. Finally after uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling it seemed to take. But now DS takes forever to start up, gets stuck on "Connecting to CMS", and all my Products are missing in the content tab except a brand new one I just installed yesterday.

EDIT: Reimporting Metadata fixed the second problem.

Post edited by 3WC on
  • Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited December 1969

It's drastic, but if you are using PostgreSQL you should still have your Valentina database as a backup, so you might try resetting the database and reimporting metadata from the Content DB Maintenance dialogue in the Content Library option menu.

Not that drastic, especially if user data was exported previously from Valentina.

It is what I had to do to get mine running properly the first time I tried to do the conversion. (Then I ran through the troubleshooting the smart Content pane KB article, rebuilt my Valentina Database and ran the conversion correctly the second time though. :) )

Thanks very much, both of you. That was quite easy—no more yellow triangles.

Unfortunately though, re-importing metadata (all was checked as the default) did not import my custom metadata. The conversion program in DIM does, but creates these bad references on product metadata. I can't seem to have both at the same time. I tried the conversion script in Studio but it gives an error: WARNING: Database Migration Error - Could not open database file: C:/Users/[user]/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio3/Content. Not surprisingly since the folder "Studio3" does not exist in that path.

edited May 2014

Unfortunately though, re-importing metadata (all was checked as the default) did not import my custom metadata. The conversion program in DIM does, but creates these bad references on product metadata. I can't seem to have both at the same time. I tried the conversion script in Studio but it gives an error: WARNING: Database Migration Error - Could not open database file: C:/Users/[user]/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio3/Content. Not surprisingly since the folder "Studio3" does not exist in that path.
    This sequence may fix it for you, depending on how corrupt your Valentina database is.

Uninstall PostgreSQL.
    Fire up DAZ Studio (Running Valentina)
    Export UserData by right clicking either the Smart Content Pane, or the Content Library Pane and choosing Content DB Maintenance then checking the box for export User Data.
    Shut Down DS.
    Install PostgreSQL
    Launch DS (Make sure PostGRESQL is running)
    Go to Content DB Maintenance again.
    Reset Database
    Reimport Meta Data with the Userdata Overrides Product Data checked.

Again, depending on the state of your Valentina database, that should recover most, if not all, of your custom data.

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
  • CzexanaCzexana Posts: 167
    edited December 1969

Yes, it appears a save/reload also fixes the problem.

UberHair shader shows the same effect, so I guess the calling of a particular class of shader is not being duplicated correctly?

edited December 1969

czexana said:

Yes, it appears a save/reload also fixes the problem.

UberHair shader shows the same effect, so I guess the calling of a particular class of shader is not being duplicated correctly?Due to the nature of those particular shaders, we might not be able to do anything about it, but if you would please file a ticket, we'll see what can be done.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited May 2014

Hi,,,it should be silly question^^; but I think now I only need postgre sql 64bit server,,

(I believe, MY all, ( beta and general version,32bit 64bit) DS run with one postgre sql without problem,,)
    then Can I uninstall valentina database ?)

In may start up menu,, there is still DAZ CMS uninstall install start and stop menu,,,,(windows 7 64bit)
    then in program data directroy, there is still database of valentina,,,

Or if Valentina need to use DAZ install manager?

====================
    my question is,, how can I uninstall only old valentina CMS safety ^^;

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
    edited December 1969

Hi,,,it should be silly question^^; but I think now I only need postgre sql 64bit server,,

(I believe, MY all, ( beta and general version,32bit 64bit) DS run with one postgre sql without problem,,)
    then Can I uninstall valentina database ?)

In may start up menu,, there is still DAZ CMS uninstall install start and stop menu,,,,(windows 7 64bit)
    then in program data directroy, there is still database of valentina,,,

Or if Valentina need to use DAZ install manager?

====================
    my question is,, how can I uninstall only old valentina CMS safety ^^;

The start/stop/uninstall in the start menu are only for Valentina so if you want to uninstall it you can. You only need the 64-bit postgreSQL CMS, 32-bit DS will use it. The 32-bit PostgreSQL CMS is only needed if you have a 32-bit PC/OS.

edited December 1969

Thanks mike! now I seems clean unistall ds valentina cms arpciation only,,
    (then,, I just buck up data only (in programdata) )

Then,, about valentina DB I know where data (in database) is stored
    so that I could copy database data, and buck up often,,by window batch file.

(master.vdb , Content.db etc)

about postgresql server, where can I find all data files ^^;?
    (only need to buck up, when something wrong I would recover easy,,
    without import meta-data user data step)

edited December 1969

Thanks mike! now I seems clean unistall ds valentina cms arpciation only,,
    (then,, I just buck up data only (in programdata) )

Then,, about valentina DB I know where data (in database) is stored
    so that I could copy database data, and buck up often,,by window batch file.

(master.vdb , Content.db etc)

about postgresql server, where can I find all data files ^^;?
    (only need to buck up, when something wrong I would recover easy,,
    without import meta-data user data step)

Edit > Preferences > CMS Settings shows the path

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,846
    edited December 1969

I had to go out and take care of a few things, but I see you are all squared away. When cleaning up my database I usually follow this:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/32510/#482160

I do this because I am still migrating content from an old Runtime to a DIM Runtime. It's understandable why custom metadata gets wiped when a reset of the database is done.

edited December 1969

thank you . I checked the directory,, then which sub directory (or files)
    is actuall data directory?

the crusterdata directory seems 400MB ^^; before it is almost only 60 MB etc,,
    May I need to copy all to buck up?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

nDelphi said:
    I had to go out and take care of a few things, but I see you are all squared away. When cleaning up my database I usually follow this:

I do this because I am still migrating content from an old Runtime to a DIM Runtime. It's understandable why custom metadata gets wiped when a reset of the database is done.

LOL. I went to check that link to see If I could learn something new. Guess not.
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,846
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    nDelphi said:

LOL. I went to check that link to see If I could learn something new. Guess not.

LOL! Did you get a sense of Déjà vu?

edited December 1969

nDelphi said:
    Jaderail said:
    nDelphi said:

LOL! Did you get a sense of Déjà vu?

"It's like deja-vu, all over again." - Yogi Bera

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited May 2014

I don't have any updates in Dim except the PostgreSQL CMS from Valentina CMS Conversion file.

Can I install Daz Studio manually and how do I get the PostgreSQL CMS into DIM?

Post edited by Wilmap on
  • DrHemulenDrHemulen Posts: 80
    edited December 1969

I still have the DIM crashing at 99% install of the new postgreSQL. I have stopped the CMS service before installing.

Nothing works. DAZ crashes with "connecting to CMS". :(

edited May 2014

wilmap said:
    I don't have any updates in Dim except the PostgreSQL CMS from Valentina CMS Conversion file.

Can I install Daz Studio manually and how do I get the PostgreSQL CMS into DIM?

You need to configure DIM to show Programs and Plugins as well to see all. Also if you have ever Hidden files the new ones will now be hidden in DIM as well set DIM to show Hidden also.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

DrHemulen said:
    I still have the DIM crashing at 99% install of the new postgreSQL. I have stopped the CMS service before installing.

Nothing works. DAZ crashes with "connecting to CMS". :(

Hmm.. and you did not have the Beta with PosterSQL installed before?
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Thanks Jaderail.

Got it showing now.

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

I am having problems getting this latest version of Daz Studio to run.

When booting it hangs for 12 minutes saying "connecting to CMS" after that it loads in about 2 to 3 minutes.

edited December 1969

When booting it hangs for 12 minutes saying "connecting to CMS" after that it loads in about 2 to 3 minutes.

What AV and Firewall?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,843
    edited December 1969

What firewall are you using?

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,095
    edited December 1969

Same here, using Zone Alarm free firewall and avast av