Albert Mansion

There will be an interior for the mansion?sad

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Based on the product description and promos, I would say not. I bought the product but have not used it yet. Given everything that's in the package it's already a lot for the money. I suppose if the porduct is very successful DAZ might previal on the artist to make an interior. It's a large mansion so I wouldn't be hopeful.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,786

I grabbed it too, it's another DO from an outside artist ported over by looks, I wonder who?

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,574

I grabbed it too, it's another DO from an outside artist ported over by looks, I wonder who?

I don't know who made it, but it looks great (I picked it up this morning also). I'd definitely buy an interior for it if one is made. I hope so!

- Greg

• Is there an option to render a "clean" version of the mansion without all that occultish grafitti on the walls and skulls-n-stuff wrapped around the columns?

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Hard to tell.  This image looks sort of clean.

edited October 2020

You could hide them with cutout opacity I guess 

I deleted them in my obj export to Twinmotion as it separates meshes by material so the geometry editor another possibility

I hid all the foliage for my obj export with the geometry editor too as used TM foliage so no reason one couldn't in D|S

the skulls etc are props

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Carrara Octane render

took me at least an hour to redo shaders for Carrara wink

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited October 2020

Does anyone know what the symbols/glyphs are that are on the door and columns? Anyone know what those are or where they're from? I don't buy anything with writing on it unless I know what the symbols are.

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560

...hmm almost could work for an English country manor but would likely need a fair degree of kitbashing (and of coruse an interior).

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

Sadly there is no interior.

Wished there would be at least empty rooms, doors and stairs.

gerster said:

it has boxes with lights behind the curtains on each of  the windows 

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,303

The creating artist is particularly shy, not even a look at the file/directory names give any clues to who it was. As has been stated above it is likely a buy out not originally created for DS.

Does look good though.

• The preview renders are like Stonemason's and the house looks like something that would fit in with his other sets.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558

Wait why aren't those kids shoulders covered. laugh

• Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited October 2020

Wait why aren't those kids shoulders covered. laugh

Because they're dead? Horror film rules?

Post edited by Kevin Sanderson on
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,233

I like this approach.  They bring in some good stuff.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,674
    3Diva said:

Does anyone know what the symbols/glyphs are that are on the door and columns? Anyone know what those are or where they're from? I don't buy anything with writing on it unless I know what the symbols are.

They are sigils (used to summon demons or fallen angels---called "occult," "alchemical," or "hermetic" for the profane). These look like combinations or "spells."

edited October 2020
    gerster said:

There are some internals on Daz store that could fit with this piece, maybe they need to be adjusted to look more delapidated.

hmm ... some of those promos look nicer than the promos on Daz store.  Seems like the swamp land around the manor has more height variation in the UE4 promo images vs the daz store one.

It looks a bit flat on Daz Store.It's hard to tell though.

Post edited by lilweep on
    edited October 2020

...so originally a gaming asset. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    kyoto kid said:

...so originally a gaming asset. 

is this a meaningful distinction?

edited October 2020
    xyer0 said:
    3Diva said:

They are sigils (used to summon demons or fallen angels---called "occult," "alchemical," or "hermetic" for the profane). These look like combinations or "spells."

...Someone purposefully put "spells" and sigils that are meant to summon demons on a product to be sold to the masses? Wow. Pass.

Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited October 2020

...I would think the original likely has a few more features. For one, it mentions it is "modular", and I wonder if some of that "modularity" doesn't include interior spaces for characters to enter and prowl about in.  Would make sense given the price.  Why create such a large asset for a game for only exterior scenes?

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited October 2020
    kyoto kid said:

...I would think the original at 89.99$ likely has a few more features. For one, it mentions it is "modular", and I wonder if some of that modularity doens't include interior spaces for characters to enter and prowl about in.  Would make sense given the price. 

external sets can be modular.

the features are listed here: https://www.notion.so/Albert-Mansion-64580ba7a0094141a57445611a950ad6#0672bf06167b46db9ce3134f2e574ca0

All indications point to assets in set being external structural/prop assets only.

Why create such a large asset for a game that is only for exterior scenes?

the assets could be used in game creation, but the expectation would be that the game developers would need to use other assets for interior scenes, just like we would need to use other assets for interior scenes if we wanted to make something in daz.

Post edited by lilweep on
  • Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,562
    3Diva said:

@3Diva Some of the markings resemble slightly modified Anglo-Saxon runes (one looks similar to one that means "man" and another that means "estate" and "torch"), but this is taken from their ReadMe at their unrealengine store:

"Free of all legal issues as all branding and labels are custom made by our studio".

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    3Diva said:
    xyer0 said:
    3Diva said:

...Someone purposefully put "spells" and sigils that are meant to summon demons on a product to be sold to the masses? Wow. Pass.

They are on with decals. You can turn them off in the surfaces tab, which is what I intend to do ;)

Laurie

edited October 2020
    AllenArt said:
    3Diva said:
    xyer0 said:
    3Diva said:

They are on with decals. You can turn them off in the surfaces tab, which is what I intend to do ;)

Laurie

To me, it doesn't matter if it's removable, the fact that someone thought that was a good idea to put on there... I wouldn't want that on my computer, nor would I want to encourage stuff like that in the store. I won't condone it with my purchase. Easy pass.

Post edited by 3Diva on

quick everyone uninstall the decals in case your computer summons a demon

...still most other interior assests used would need to be an extremely close match, and this has a fairly distinctive appearance. 

I did read the comments below in the link and yes, there apparently are no, nor any plans for, interior settings as future updates.  I would expect a model of a structure used for a game would include such whether as part of the primary model itself or as separate meshes so continuity would be preserved.  This could be qute a setting for a game sceario in and of itself, then again, I am not a game developer just a 3D still image artist, so I do not know all the "ins & outs" of the process.

If it had just empty unfurnished room spaces, I would find it an instant sale even at double the price. as I've been waiting years to see a large older mansion/manor house for Daz to use in my stories.  Ah well.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,674
    3Diva said:
    AllenArt said:
    3Diva said:
    xyer0 said:
    3Diva said:

Laurie

To me, it doesn't matter if it's removable, the fact that someone thought that was a good idea to put on there... I wouldn't want that on my computer, nor would I want to encourage stuff like that in the store. I won't condone it with my purchase. Easy pass.

It seems like the particular symbols used here are just thrown together: They don't really make sense, kind of like someone with an audience that uses a non-Latin alphabet writing, "Wkeuw qicsl lcxse," to suggest a European language.