►►► Carrara Information Manual ◄◄◄

15678911»

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,103
    edited February 2021

EnvironKits for Carrara are now FREE!!!

Carrara EnvironKits each have a Base Scene, which is the blank canvas that the presets were each built from. This base includes a full Carrara atmosphere using the Realistic Sky system and incorporates an artificial global illumination system built in, along with a volumetric cloud to add additional haze density and that gets replicated over cloud domes that have morphs built into them for animating storms coming or going or....

Then there's a base ground surface which is flat in the very center of the scene to make for easier use of animated poses and such. They also include a replicated Ocean primitive set up so that the waves are already animating at a fairly easy-on-resources setting that also looks great (See the Badlands Promo - the lava is the Ocean Primitive)

They also include a "Hero Light" setup to enhance whatever we drop into that group with additional lighting that doesn't affect anything else in the scene - to make it Pop.

Any of these systems are easily turned off or simply deleted.

Each of the following product pages include the original promo text from Daz 3D as well as the pdf user's manual

​I use EnvironKits for a Lot of things. Even if I'm not using the included terrains, objects or shaders I'll still often begin with one of the base scenes. In fact, I've also saved various tweaked versions of just the base scenes for certain things. When I buy a product that comes with a water plane, that's one of the first things to go in place of the animated water replications from EnvironKits.

Badlands also includes a Cave Creation system

I forever feel sorry for whoever never grabbed Philip Drawbridge's incredible star ships before his Daz 3D store was closed. They even look cool when sunk to the bottom of the sea!

EnvironKits kitbash nicely. Here's Badlands and Woodlands together

EnvironKit Logo.png
    248 x 104 - 15K
    Carrara-EnvironKit-Woodlands.jpg
    350 x 455 - 63K
    Carrara-EnvironKit-Underwater-Realms.jpg
    492 x 640 - 140K
    Carrara-EnvironKit-Badlands.jpg
    350 x 455 - 56K
    WL-Trees.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 561K
    starry-sky-for-carrara-large.jpg
    500 x 650 - 17K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited September 2020

New articles:

►  Using Daz Studio's Content Creation Tools

►  Modeling for Genesis (previously published, now updated)

DS CCT.jpg
    197 x 256 - 8K
    Daz3D.png
    381 x 513 - 52K
    Daz3D_JPG.jpg
    381 x 513 - 63K
  • Wow! Fantastic!

edited February 2021

Wow! Fantastic!

Thanks! Trying to wrap my head around updating this beast with all of the amazing threads that have come since I had to disappear for a while. This is one incredible family!

edited September 2020

Created a new page to host the amazing 3DXtract e-zine Collection.

A Hidden (now unhidden!) Gem of the early 2000s!!!

3DXtract e-zine for Carrara and Amapi was truly a work of love and passion.

Between November of 2003 and October 2005, this team of enthusiasts worked together to bring about something incredibly special and enjoyable - something that helps to demonstrate the magic of these amazing software packages.

Even today, these articles offer a level of inspiration and technical know-how that is refreshing to behold. Many things have changed in Carrara since these great e-zines were published, which is fun to see! Still, the tutorials and tips are mostly still very educational toward applying these skills to our workflow!

Now we can page through each of the volumes individually, even download the Support files, or just download the whole works!

Kudos to All involved in this amazing work!

3DXtract e-zine Collection

• Great Tut, but since I am totally new to Carrara, I am wondering how to install the plugins in Carrara 8.5 Pro.
    There doesn't seem to be any tuts on this subject, and I can't figure out to install them.
    All I have are the zip files, and when I unzip them, I have a .dsx file & some folders.
    But nowhere is there an .exe file to install from.
    I could definitely use some help here.
    Thanks.

edited November 2020
    rbacle said:

Great Tut, but since I am totally new to Carrara, I am wondering how to install the plugins in Carrara 8.5 Pro.
    There doesn't seem to be any tuts on this subject, and I can't figure out to install them.
    All I have are the zip files, and when I unzip them, I have a .dsx file & some folders.
    But nowhere is there an .exe file to install from.
    I could definitely use some help here.
    Thanks.

Thanks for asking! I'll make sure to update the Plugins Page

Here we go. With Carrara closed down:

1. Locate and open the Carrara program directory (default is C > Program Files > DAZ 3D > Carrara8.5
    2. Extract the contents (always 3 files at least) of each plugin zip into the Extensions folder

Launch Carrara and enjoy your new tools!

travelling-with-the-xerr_full.jpg
    1809 x 1018 - 2M
    and-the-darkness-follows_full.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 83K
    bg_genesis_lineup_01.jpg
    950 x 422 - 120K
  • DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,234

EnvironKits for Carrara are now FREE!!!

Carrara EnvironKits each have a Base Scene, which is the blank canvas that the presets were each built from. This base includes a full Carrara atmosphere using the Realistic Sky system and incorporates an artificial global illumination system built in, along with a volumetric cloud to add additional haze density and that gets replicated over cloud domes that have morphs built into them for animating storms coming or going or....

Then there's a base ground surface which is flat in the very center of the scene to make for easier use of animated poses and such. They also include a replicated Ocean primitive set up so that the waves are already animating at a fairly easy-on-resources setting that also looks great (See the Badlands Promo - the lava is the Ocean Primitive)

They also include a "Hero Light" setup to enhance whatever we drop into that group with additional lighting that doesn't affect anything else in the scene - to make it Pop.

Any of these systems are easily turned off or simply deleted.

Each of the following product pages include the original promo text from Daz 3D as well as the pdf user's manual

​I use EnvironKits for a Lot of things. Even if I'm not using the included terrains, objects or shaders I'll still often begin with one of the base scenes. In fact, I've also saved various tweaked versions of just the base scenes for certain things. When I buy a product that comes with a water plane, that's one of the first things to go in place of the animated water replications from EnvironKits.

Badlands also includes a Cave Creation system

I forever feel sorry for whoever never grabbed Philip Drawbridge's incredible star ships before his Daz 3D store was closed. They even look cool when sunk to the bottom of the sea!

EnvironKits kitbash nicely. Here's Badlands and Woodlands together

Dartanbeck, your work is so superliciously awesome!!
    Your dedication to Carrara and the community here is so much appreciated.
    You ROCK!

Thanks Desert Dude! I appreciate that!

You ROCK!!!

edited April 2021

Dartanbeck.com - a new site launched in early 2020 with the aim of providing inspiration and instruction for Carrara users, geared especially toward using Carrara to create CG movies which, of course also translates to help with still frames as well. Check back often as the site is still young and growing all the time with tutorials, videos and links to help find what you're looking for!

Carrara version 1

This thread is intended to supplement and enhance the Carrara User's Manual. Carrara 8 ships with a Carrara 7 manual. The links below will open the latest versions:

New !!! Online Carrara Documentation Wiki

Carrara 7 User Guide Revision G - 11 December 2008

Carrara 8 Basic User Guide beta 0.2 - 17 June 2010 Great resources for learning the vast features and abilities that you have with this software. Although many things about Carrara are easy to learn at their very basic level, right from the interface, it helps to explore deeper by seeing what the manuals have to say. Very well written, you could be amazed at what you've been missing out on all these years!

Unofficial Carrara User Guide in German - German Site

Carrara Keyboard Shortcuts Reference
    Ever want to see all of the shortcuts to Carrara tools in one, organized document? Well here you go!

Carrara version 2

► 320+ TUTORIALS at CARRARA CAFE

► Carrara 3D Expo Magazines

Carrara version 3

► Firelight3D's History of Carrara  - Bummer. I wish I'd have copied that! :(

► Download pdf Instruction Manuals for my products - Watch promo videos too

Carrara version 4

Table of Contents

Note: If you're looking for links that used to be here, at the top, look toward the bottom of the post

► Carrara 8.5 Installation Guide

►  CARRARA FreePository !!!

► Starry Sky for CARRARA is now Free!!!

► EnvironKits for CARRARA are now Free!!!

► Learning CARRARA and need some help?

► First Steps - Setting up a sample scene in Carrara with plant, terrain, sky and hair
    Diomede's wonderful "Starter Thread" for those new to Carrara! "Where do we go now, what do we do next?"  Find answers here!

► Building Carrara Terrains Intro

► Really Getting Started in Carrara - Check Out The Carrara Zone!!!

Carrara 5 Pro► Forum Help Links

► Genesis - Carrara 8.5 - DIM Support Thread Links
    Got questions about Genesis use in Carrara, DIM use for installing?
    This page lists links to threads that have answered many questions to common problems

► Carrara 8 Introduction

► History of Carrara by Ringo Monfort

► Classic Carrara - Render Images by Ringo Monfort

► Carrara Walkthrough
    Join Carrara enthusiast, Dartanbeck, for a stroll through some of the basic concepts
    that all Carraraists should get to know early on in their experience to help for a smooth working experience.

► Cripeman's Carrara Video Tutorials Index
    Carrara 6 Pro

Carrara Community's very own Super Hero takes plenty of time from his busy life to
    explore many exciting features of this amazing 3d content manipulation, modeling and animation suite

► GK Dantas' Video Manual Index
    Carrara Cafe's Die-Hard Instructor - now with an easy-to-use index of links

Fenric's Tools ​​- Now Freeware!!!
    A brief overview of Fenric's amazing Carrara plugins

DCG Plugins ​​- Now Open Source!!!
    After such a long haul of supporting Carrara and LightWave with amazing plugins, Eric has a rather important message for us

► Carrara Plugins FAQ & Information - By Jay_NOLA - Enhanced bt Dartanbeck October 2020
    Jay compilled and organized a great measure of info regarding Plugins specific to our
    beloved Carrara. FAQ, Information and Links to help you determine which are right for you. Thank You Jay_NOLA!

►►      LUXUS for CARRARA

►► PhilW's Luxus for Carrara Resource Pack Get a Great start with a great new render engine!

► PyCarrara Home Site   

PySwarm for Carrara ...and there's more PyCarrara/PyCloid links in the Plugins portion of  Forum Help Links

inagoni is currently inactive.

If you read this, Inagoni,

Thank You for you Amazing, Wonderful contributions!

► Dartanbeck Video Tutorials
    Some of my Babble-Session Tutorials ;)

► Some Articles I've written for the Carrara Cafe

A community Project webspace for Carrara Animators!!!

Question for Dartanbeck - a thread started by Pjotter to kick my butt into gear! LOL

Carrara 7 Express

► Carrara and related 3d Art Tutorials
    Carrara Community Tutorials and Articles to help you get the most out of this incredibly
    feature rich authoring software. From lighting to animation, the list keeps growing so check back often!

► 3DXtract e-zine Collection
    Between November of 2003 and October 2005, this team of enthusiasts worked together to bring about something incredibly special and enjoyable - something that helps to demonstrate the magic of these amazing software packages.

► Working with Content
    With Carrara 8.5 beta, this software is getting much closer to true compatibility
    with Daz Studio. This article attempts to illustrate what can and cannot be taken back and fourth.
    It also covers some of the basic techniques required to get the most out of any Poser/DS content
    within Carrara.

► Using Daz Studio's Content Creation Tools

Great tools to help us shape our own destinies content - even make new ones!

► Dynamic Hair
    Now including a link to Jonstark's video tutorial series!

Carrara 7 Pro

► Comprehensive List of Video Tutorials on Carrara - by FractalDemensia
    The purpose of this thread is to collect, consolidate, and make available a comprehensive list of all video tutorials available on Carrara.

► What's New for Carrara 8
    What does the Daz3d store have to say about their amazing, Flagship Software?

► Technical Specifications and Features Comparison
    See for yourself, a list of the named features of Carrara 8.
    Add your intuition and imagination and the sky is no longer a limit!

► Creating a custom Carrara character and morphing in posed position

Carrara 8 Pro

► What Content can I use in Carrara?

► Carrara 8.5 and Genesis

► Modeling for Genesis

► Genesis and aniBlocks

► AniMating in Carrara

► Inspirational Animated Movies and Videos

► Some Miscellaneous Tips & Tricks

► Carrara Plugins

► Carrara & Computers

► How to Build Your Own Carrara Workstation

► Buying a Workstation

► Useful Links

► Old Daz3d Forum - Helpful links to old forum threads

► Carraraists in the Spotlight!

► OT - Cool Extra (needed) Software

► The Carrara Community Movie Project
    This is a consolidation of CMP links

► Community Favorites Threads Links

► Dartanbeck's Fun Videos

► Download Carrara 3D Expo Magazines Direct!

Carrara 8 Training Videos from Infinite Skills
    These are explanations of the training videos featuring Phil Wilkes and include some great sample footage from the series. I strongly recommend these products unless you feel that you are an absolute expert at using Carrara.
    Learning Carrara 8
    Advanced Carrara Techniques

See the Carrara 8 Promo Reel:

2008 Siggraph Carrara Demo Reel - posted by Marcelo Teixeira (GK DANTAS)

Inside Daz3d The Good Ol' Days - Led by Blaine Furner

Cripeman's dedication to Frank Frazetta
    Where he links to a feature-length special on the artist himself:
    Frank Frazetta - Painting with Fire

Daz3d Professional Artist and Developer Software Suite
    Bryce 7 Pro Daz Studio 4.5 Pro Hexagon 2.5

►►► Carrara Resources ◄◄◄

►►► Carrara translation in German ◄◄◄

►►► Special Link List for Carrara ◄◄◄

Carrara 6 Quick Tour - This file was originally provided with Carrara 6. Much of the information in it applies to Carrara 7 and 8 as well. It is about 64 MBs in size.
    It's a nice little visual walkthrough of various features within Carrara. I think it's a nice little thing to try if you just bought Carrara and would like to see what it has to offer. Even though Carrara will provide much more than what any manual or tutorial could ever hope to explain! "Click Here to Download the File

► SDK for Developers