CC#54 WiPs ~ What is it that you truly desire? after party Chit Chat

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,790
    Diomede said:

Here is the quickie I promised.  

Daz content includes G2F and G2M, the genie outfit is As You Wish by Slosh, which comes with the genie lamp prop.  The adventurer outfit is Diana and Jones by Luthbelina.  Trees ae from the Carrara object browser.  Atmosphere is realistic sky https://www.daz3d.com/rm-realistic-sky-presets

Played around with Filter Forge.

I used some cone models with a modifer to explode from the top and a blur effect to get the smoke from the lamp.  I rendered once with the smoke and once without so I could use Post to get what I wanted, which wasn't too much.  Setup and raw renders atatched.

Raiders of the Lost Genie Bottle... awesome stuff, though I would of liked more pronunciation of billowing white smoke coming from the bottle.. good use of techniques love it yes

smiley

edited September 2020

the Banana

Banana Flying.png
    800 x 600 - 847K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • it appealed

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,234

A philosophical Challenge theme?  If one is being honest, unearthing what "you truly desire" could be disturbing (in a good way).

I had to let the idea percolate for a while.  This morning, I suddenly realized that there is a render on my bucket list which fits the theme.  Not sure I have the skills yet. but it will be fun giving it a go.

Thanks for disturbing us, Stezza!  smiley

Lol UnifiedBrain, yes this is striking me as philosophical. I'm having a hard time coming up with a concept. Looking forward to seeing what you have in mind.

I decided to pivot a bit on this idea.  Illustrating my own personal "truest desire" is somewhat daunting.  But pointing out the truest desire of other people or things - as Stezza and Diomede have shown - is a whole lot easier. :)  It is fairly easy to assign basic human desires of power, wealth, health, love, and sex to a character, real or imagined.  Some are darker than others - the coyote desires the roadrunner!

What is the grestest desire of a particular character?  I will be exploring that idea.  Otherwise, I may not get an entry done. :)

Ahhhhh....thanks UnifiedBrain. That opens up, yeah, a lot of possibilities rather what I desire. Man I'm dense...blush laugh

yep, open up your imagination to the endless possibilities heart

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited September 2020

Grizzley Mike discovers something even more desirable than hanging out with bears...

How this render came about:  I loaded Michael 5 into Carrara because I was trying to answer a question on the forum about loading Genesis from Smart Content.  Once the character was loaded, I had to have a play. :)  Skin tecture was the main focus.  Dimension Theory's Monterey HDR was part of the process.

At another time, I downloaded an object file into Carrara because it looked interesting (cottage.obj).  I altered it significantly in the modeling and texture rooms.

For this Challenge, I decided to combine the Cottage and M5, and added the bear (Philemo cutout) and the windows with blurred reflections (had never done them before).

All the hair on M5 is Carrara hair, except the eyebrows.

This render is dedicated to Misty and Wendy.  I don't think he has a hairy crack, but I didn't render that part to find out. :)

No postwork.

Grizzley Mike.png
    1700 x 1133 - 4M
    Grizzley Mike Carrara setup.JPG
    1666 x 1076 - 273K
    Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • I worry about Grizzly Mike devil

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Stezza - thanks for the comment and suggestion for genie.  Animation of the flying critter is great, especially given when made.  Flying banana is yet another classic.  yes

UB - another good one, skin looks especially well done, the touch up job on the cabin is most excellent.

edited September 2020

Carrara Developing Nicely

Another quickie.

What I truly desire is Carrara developing nicely, and I might start by adding the UVMapping tools from Hexagon to Carrara's modeling room.  The image is a variation on a classic Elvgren pinup.

Hammer is a Daz3D sold prop in a folder called toolbox.  Figure is G2F with Ringo's Olympia skin shader and the 5 Times a Lady hair acquired in the Daz store (not sure if still available).  The clothing top is from CWOveralls and the shorts are from the Lucille Bikini, both in the Daz store.  I had to change the textures of everything.  The set is pretty simple.  I took screen shots of carrara and hexagon and applied them to planes.  I modeled the simple step ladder.

I rendered out a shadow pass and did two renders, one with shadows and one without.  The only postwork I did was softening the shadows and adding a sig.

Carrara Developing Nicely.jpg
    2400 x 3200 - 2M
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • Thanks for the comment, Diomede!

I worry about Grizzly Mike devil

smiley

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,975
    edited September 2020

_ okay , Google Fonts has many free ( 950, or some such) _worth a look ~ thanx

Post edited by ed3D on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,615

Stezza - wonderful Banana peel !

UB - excellent hairy render, like the components of your scene as well !

Diomede - very nice, thumb sucking drama too !

Diomede said:

Another quickie.

What I truly desire is Carrara developing nicely, and I might start by adding the UVMapping tools from Hexagon to Carrara's modeling room.  The image is a variation on a classic Elvgren pinup.

Hammer is a Daz3D sold prop in a folder called toolbox.  Figure is G2F with Ringo's Olympia skin shader and the 5 Times a Lady hair acquired in the Daz store (not sure if still available).  The clothing top is from CWOveralls and the shorts are from the Lucille Bikini, both in the Daz store.  I had to change the textures of everything.  The set is pretty simple.  I took screen shots of carrara and hexagon and applied them to planes.  I modeled the simple step ladder.

I rendered out a shadow pass and did two renders, one with shadows and one without.  The only postwork I did was softening the shadows and adding a sig.

wowsers, how to bust your thumb!

very cool render tacking Hexagon on like that yes

Grizzley Mike discovers something even more desirable than hanging out with bears...

How this render came about:  I loaded Michael 5 into Carrara because I was trying to answer a question on the forum about loading Genesis from Smart Content.  Once the character was loaded, I had to have a play. :)  Skin tecture was the main focus.  Dimension Theory's Monterey HDR was part of the process.

At another time, I downloaded an object file into Carrara because it looked interesting (cottage.obj).  I altered it significantly in the modeling and texture rooms.

For this Challenge, I decided to combine the Cottage and M5, and added the bear (Philemo cutout) and the windows with blurred reflections (had never done them before).

This render is dedicated to Misty and Wendy.  I don't think he has a hairy crack, but I didn't render that part to find out. :)

No postwork.

I can just imagine Grizzly Mike is looking at his electric razor ( out of shot ) but no power to plug it into laugh

how much can a bloke bare bear!  cool

edited September 2020

A brand new Flying Car

Fairly basic scene, background image used, also a HDRI for paint/chrome reflections.

Paint Job No.2

CC54 Flying Car WIP-1.png
    2582 x 1044 - 2M
    CC54 Flying Car.png
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
    CC54 Flying Car 2.png
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on

Appreciate the comment on Developing Nicely, Stezza.

Bunyip - great car - I want my jetpack!  Great job on seamlessly fitting in with the backdrop.

edited September 2020

Yet another quickie by me.  This is the Poser 7 male (Simon) and an outfit from the world leaders collection available through the old Content Paradise.  Genghis Khan.

The base is the Coverage Pass and Shadow Pass from Carrara.  I took that composite to filter forge to get a sketch.

The quote is disputed.  But whether or not Genghis Khan said it, Conan did.  laugh

Genghis Toon Sketch.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Genghis Toon 1_Coverage.png
    2000 x 1500 - 107K
    Genghis realistic 2_Shadow.png
    2000 x 1500 - 355K
    Post edited by Diomede on
    edited September 2020

_ And a few/several renders _  mostly Incomplete ~

_ and How many CPU cores will Carrara use ??   _  Thanx ~

Doc2VHF 2Ab.png
    1280 x 720 - 1023K
    Doc2Big Mount UHF 1A b.png
    1280 x 720 - 360K
    Doc1DUNEc1-A b.png
    1280 x 720 - 882K
    Post edited by ed3D on

No postwork.

Cool UnifiedBrain!
    Great composition, and agree, skin looks great. Thanks for explanations and cheers to demonstrating blury reflections. So cool Carrara can do so much out of the box. yes

Bunyip02 said:

A brand new Flying Car

Ok, yeah I desire one of those. laugh

Another cool image Bunyip!

Diomede said:

Another quickie.

(Oops, out of order...)
    Very 'nicely' done Diomede....laugh

And thank you for reminding me I have Hexagon on my computer. Recently I have been looking for some alternatives to UV mapping in Carrara, especially unwrapping, and...supposed "interopability"  between a few other apps hasn't been working for me well these days. Hexagon is right under my nose so I will check it out.
    P.S. And she's seated in the often underlooked Spline Modeler!! yes

Diomede said:
    The quote is disputed.  But whether or not Genghis Khan said it, Conan did.  laugh

Haha Diomede.
    Cool looking 'sketch' effect. Thanks for posting explanations. Was there a base render? Sorry, I'm not familiar with filter forge.

ed3D said:

I really like your work ed3D. It's very....zen / tranquil, at least for me. smiley yes

edited September 2020

It's weird how ideas can just 'pop' into one's brain.
    25 days left...and I finally have a fairly concrete idea. If all goes well it's gonna involve snails and...a salute / 'borrowing' / rip-off ( cheeky ) of Francisco Goya's 'The Parasol '

the_parasol_goya.jpg
    576 x 399 - 36K
    Post edited by DesertDude on
    ed3D said:

I really like your work ed3D. It's very....zen / tranquil, at least for me. smiley yes

_  well, Thanx very much  ~

ed3D said:

I know it is at least 24.  Whatever the single machine limit, I know there is a way to use render nodes to add more machines to the render calculations.

Looking good!

DesertDude - thank you for the comments on my recent images.  I can't wait to see what you do with the parasol.  So much more class than my pinup.  yes

Diomede said:

Appreciate the comment on Developing Nicely, Stezza.

Bunyip - great car - I want my jetpack!  Great job on seamlessly fitting in with the backdrop.

Thanks, took a few tries to get the position !