GenX2 and Genesis 2 AddOn released! [Commercial]

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517

..so how is that determined?  do I have to specify the path or does it use the default one for applications?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

In DIM go to Settings (gear icon in upper right) > Applications.  If DS was installed with DIM then the path should already be there.

...well, for 64 Bit software it reads as I mentioned a few posts ago: "C:/ProgrammeFiles".

Whne I originally built the system I manually installed Daz 4.0 as I had no Net connectivity at the time then. However, I've been using the DIM for all programme updates since. 4.5

You're on the Installation tab, go to the Application tab.

...that only shows a list of the different programmes I have.  HTere are two one for Daz 4.5+ and another for 4.x Public Build.

And that's the information used to install plugins.  They won't work if the files are put in an arbitrary path.

• I'm very late to the party, but I just picked up basically the entire package today.

I have it installed to the public beta and I am using Connect.

The Connect Path is set to point to the same location as my Content Directory Manager and I still get Warnings that nothing is found.

Besides that, since you can't install Generation 3 and Generation 4 via Connet, how does it find that data?

Generation 3 and Generation 4 (i.e. Poser files) have to be located in the content library.

jestmart said:

Plug-ins cannot be installed by Connect.

I installed the plugins via DIM, as required. How would I even have access to the plugin if I hadn't?

Does not seem to work properly in the Beta (at least not without some sort of manual moving of files, which I have not tried yet), but in the regular release it kind of works.

All I get is warnings about this, warnings about that.

Can't use Connect as the Output Folder, but then the morphs needs to be in the same folder.

There needs to be some clear direction for how to set this up to work properly for Connect.

Using GenX with public beta is also described in the PDF-manual.

When using your own output path, it must be the correct relative path (like "data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 3\Male\Morphs"), but it can't be inside the connect library. Otherwise, DS doesn't find or load the morphs. That's how DS is doing it.

• Please, explain me clearly. Dim has installed this product somewhere. But I can't find where. I also can't find how to start in DAZ. It seems it doesn't see it. There is no panel of GenX. 

So where its installation path, and how to start it. 

edited December 2016

...go to Window/Panes (Tabs) on the upper menu bar.  GenX should be between Figure Setup and Help on the drop down menu

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • malleckqumalleckqu Posts: 14
    edited December 2016
    kyoto kid said:

...go to Window/Panes (Tabs) on the upper menu bar.  GenX should be between Figure Setup and Help on the drop down menu

Thanks. I think I got it. Without video that is on youtube I would never figure it out how to do it in right way.  The manual is too complicated. 

Post edited by malleckqu on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited July 2017

I know how to do the drag and drop, and the load figure for the Generation 4 folks. Did it fine a couple years ago.  If you get this:

Poser figure not supported.

make sure that when you went to version 4.9, you still have the X2 version installed and not the X. I know from posts in the X2 thread  that I had converted many V4's up to other generations, using X2. Somehow, in 4.9, it was only the X version. Hope this helps, check that first and save yourself hours of frustration! 

Post edited by Novica on
  • deepred6502deepred6502 Posts: 293
    edited October 2017

I've been using GenX2 with V4.2 and Morphs++ for some time with no issues. But recently, when I've been transferring V4 characters to G2F or G3F, only the head morphs transfer over. I've reinstalled GenX2 and its addons, as well as the V4.2 base and morphs, and the problem persists. I've checked that I've got the latest versions of DS4.9 and GenX2, still no joy. Even V4 characters I've successfully used in the past with GenX2 have the same problem with body morphs. I've also tried "Get values from Figure in Scene". I've checked the log files and there's nothing amiss.

I loaded V4.2++ as a figure in DS4.9 and the characters in question load the V4 morphs as normal. M4 to G2M/G3M is having no such issues. In the text window that displays "M/V/T", the V doesn't change when the V4 character body morphs are loaded but does change with M4 characters.

So it seems GenX2 for some reason isn't playing ball with the V4.2 Morphs++. Something must have changed when I updated DS4.9.

UPDATE: I still have DS4.7 installed as a backstop measure, and GenX2 works as normal. Go figure.

Post edited by deepred6502 on
  • Hello, maybe somebody could help me, i used genX2 to create morph from v4 to genesis model, doing everything like people say, and result quite bad, well the morph itself is fine, but the eyes are not folowing face morph and staying on it's place.

V4toGtestmorph.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • DMaxDMax Posts: 637
    edited September 2020

Trying to convert Michael4 to Genesis... but after following the instructions for "Transferring a Character", no matter which options I select, I keep getting "No morphs with non-zero value selected for transfer".. and in the Morph table I only have "head" but no "body" etc... my source is "Michael 4" which I dragged in from the Poser content directories. I even have loaded M4 in the scene and tried "Get values from figure in scene" but it failed as well.

Please help :((((

ps. I had also purchased V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis (https://www.daz3d.com/v4-and-m4-shapes-for-genesis)... is this actually a duplicate script similar to GenX2, if we speak of M4/V4 solely.

Post edited by DMax on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited September 2020
    DMax said:

Trying to convert Michael4 to Genesis... but after following the instructions for "Transferring a Character", no matter which options I select, I keep getting "No morphs with non-zero value selected for transfer".. and in the Morph table I only have "head" but no "body" etc... my source is "Michael 4" which I dragged in from the Poser content directories. I even have loaded M4 in the scene and tried "Get values from figure in scene" but it failed as well.

Please help :((((

ps. I had also purchased V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis (https://www.daz3d.com/v4-and-m4-shapes-for-genesis)... is this actually a duplicate script similar to GenX2, if we speak of M4/V4 solely.

The shapes pack is all you need to get M4 or V4 shape on Genesis. They are morphs, just like any other character morphs. You do not need GenX2 at all to get M4 and V4 shapes on Genesis.

Victoria 4 on Genesis.jpg
    2229 x 1941 - 292K
    Michael 4 on Genesis.jpg
    2327 x 1926 - 290K
    Post edited by barbult on
    barbult said:

The shapes pack is all you need to get M4 or V4 shape on Genesis. They are morphs, just like any other character morphs. You do not need GenX2 at all to get M4 and V4 shapes on Genesis.

Urgh.. yet another product (GenX2) purchased that will go unused :(
    I will try applying the M4 shape (and the original M4 skin and UV set) to see if it does a good job, then consider how to convert that to G8. Thank you!

• andolaurinaandolaurina Posts: 667
    edited September 2020
    DMax said:
    barbult said:

Urgh.. yet another product (GenX2) purchased that will go unused :(
    I will try applying the M4 shape (and the original M4 skin and UV set) to see if it does a good job, then consider how to convert that to G8. Thank you!

GenX2 will help you get characters for M4 onto Genesis. Unless you're only using the default M4 shape, you'll need GenX2. From there, you can use tutorials in the Freebie forum to transfer morphs from Genesis 1 to 8 manually. Or you can buy a GenX2 add-on to go from G1 to G3M automatically.
    Post edited by andolaurina on
    GenX2 will help you get characters for M4 onto Genesis. Unless you're only using the default M4 shape, you'll need GenX2.

I am only trying to convert original, default M4 into Gen (and hopefully into G8), but sadly as stated above, my GenX2 did not recognise that there was anything in my loaded M4 to convert so it keeps failing on me. When I load M4 as Source, it sees only the "head" but no "body" etc... this is depressing as I had waited for months for GenX2 to go on sale and now that I have it, it does not work in my case.

• Open M4 in Daz Studio. Load all the morphs you want but dialed to zero. Export from Daz Studio as a Poser cr2 into your Runtime/Libraries/Character folder. Then load that M4 cr2 into GenX2. You should have the body morphs. I had a similar issue recently.
    edited September 2020
    Open M4 in Daz Studio. Load all the morphs you want but dialed to zero. Export from Daz Studio as a Poser cr2 into your Runtime/Libraries/Character folder. Then load that M4 cr2 into GenX2. You should have the body morphs. I had a similar issue recently.

@andolaurina THANK YOU! Your tip worked to "reveal" the body morphs and after further fudging the transfer options I think that I managed to get GenX2 to create an M4-G1 morph (I found that it wasn't a 100% clone but more like 92%... the eye-area and cheekbones are a tad different and more beautiful on original M4). I had to select options: Transfer All-On, Smooth and Shape: M4 Clone in order for the transfer to work, as opposed to the options recommended in the GenX2 user guide. Had I selected Shape: M4 and Edges, I would have gotten a morph which did absolutely nothing to the Genesis figure when dialed up to the max. Now I am so inspired to purchase the G2 add-on after which I would attempt to transfer G2 to G8 using the other script I had purchased in the Daz store. Fingers crossed! And THANK YOU so much for the tip!! heart

Post edited by DMax on
  • DMax said:

Fingers crossed! And THANK YOU so much for the tip!! heart

@Dmax Yay! So glad I could help! heart If you want to get the morphs from G1 to G8M the free but time-consuming way, this tutorial might help... Instead of G2M, use G8M. After having a negative experience with character converters in the store (and still waiting for a refund months later), I found this technique to work well. Make sure you ERC freeze your morphs. You can get good clones using this tutorial as well. If you just want to go up to G2M or G3M, then buying the GenX2 add-ons is the easiest and fastest way to go.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/24093/transferring-morphs-from-genesis-to-g2m-g2f-and-from-g2m-g2f-to-genesis-now-with-clones/p1

• MadbatMadbat Posts: 382

Grrr. I had to reinstall everything and this time around Genx@ just does not show up in menu. I still have the old Genx there, even though It's uninstalled. Manual install hasn't helped.

Make sure Genx1 is uninstalled before installing GenX2.  You need to remove "d3dGenX.dll" from the Plugins folder of every version of DS (32-bit, 64-bit, General Release and Pubic Beta).  You shouldn't need to remove the folder with the clone information and ini file, but if you're still having trouble installing GenX2 it's:

C:\Users\[yourname]\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\GenX

• MadbatMadbat Posts: 382

Aha! That might explain things! I never removed the dll. Thanks!

• Sky HndxSky Hndx Posts: 142
    Okaaaay... so its 2021 and the product page in the Daz Store still has the old outdated information. WHY was it never updated and any mention of the update included?
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 10,934

Sky Hndx said:

Okaaaay... so its 2021 and the product page in the Daz Store still has the old outdated information. WHY was it never updated and any mention of the update included?

What “old information” are you talking about?

• Sky Hndx said:

Maybe because Ralf Sesseler/Dimension3D passed a few years ago. 

...one of the reasons I never fully adopted G8 as there no longer was a way to smoothly transfer morphs and shapes from Older generations. GneX/GenX2 is an important tool in my custom character creation.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I have no issues with GenX2 and XTransfer

...at the time X-Transfer did not exist. It is also just one more expense on top of others (like Skin Builder which is fairly expensive and various morph/merchant resources) required to get G8 to be as useful as G3 currently is for my custom character design, particularly given the small benefit over G3 that G8 offered.   If it were a major change from the previous version of Genesis, like Genesis to G2 (where the mesh was split to be more accurate for each gender) and G2 to G3 (where dual quaternion weight mapping replaced TriAx and joint bends were significantly improved) that would have been different. 

Just becoming too expensive (particularly on a tight budget) to "keep up with the Joneses" anymore.