800 x 600 - 706K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    Stezza said:
    Vyusur said:
    Stezza said:

smiley

I recognized that outfit laugh

it's the only piece of clothing I have for G8 F & M ~ dunno where it came from, maybe one of the sales or G8 download, didn't even know I had it till I went looking for clothes lol

I used your transfer to get it onto Genesis wink

Cool!yes

• Whatever happened to WIP explanations?  Nice renders, but to me, this is starting to look like another "Post your renders in 2020" thread. frown

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited September 2020

Idea:  All I want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth

- see https://youtu.be/bVRLXMRVvpA

default Leon test render

after alpha on two front teeth test render

WIP - Getting rid of Two of VYusur's Leon's Teeth - I haven't done anything with the default shaders, hair, etc, yet

- In the free plugin called daz Studio, load VYusur's figure Leon.

- With Leon selected, use the top menu 

- Edit Figure Rigging convert convert triax to general blended weight

- Save Leon Blended weight as a scene subset

Load the blended weight version of Leon in a new Carrara scene

- select the model level of Leon in Carrara

- use the wrench to enter modeling

- select by face, lips and mouth shading domains

- hide selected vertices

- select a couple polygons on each of the two front teeth.  Use plus signs to select the rest of those two teeth

- create a new shading domain and name Front Teeth

- In texture room, set shading domain Front Teeth's alpha to zero or black

cc28 leon default smile.jpg
    640 x 480 - 16K
    cc27 render with teeth missing.jpg
    640 x 480 - 16K
    cc19 hide selection.jpg
    1244 x 795 - 178K
    cc14 leon tshirt converted to blended.jpg
    1337 x 799 - 155K
    cc25 morph for open mouth smile.jpg
    1512 x 990 - 169K
    cc23 new shading domain call front teeth.jpg
    1596 x 985 - 298K
    Post edited by Diomede on
    edited September 2020

Quick Shader Adjustments and default eyelashes and eybrows

Shaders have to be tweaked when going from Daz Studio to Carrara.  Here I have added the razor cut hair for Carrara, converted the Leon eyelashes and eyebrows to blended weight, and done some quick adjustments to the face shader.

2 front teeth simple textures.jpg
    640 x 480 - 22K
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,796

Whatever happened to WIP explanations?  Nice renders, but to me, this is starting to look like another "Post your renders in 2020" thread. frown

Have to disagree with you there!

all entries have WiPs and explanations those that don't, meaning mine are not entries.

look forward to seeing what you have done so far wink

edited September 2020

All I Want is My Two Front Teeth 

straight render - to be updated

Adjusted one of my skull caps and grew a new hair for Leon.  

Hair Freebie attached as zip file

- free for any use, except don't resell it.

Vyusur Leon Two Frmt Teeth 01.png
    1200 x 1600 - 1M
    zip
    zip
    Dio hair for Leon 2.zip
    edited September 2020

All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth 

with some postwork

Dio Two Front Teeth for CC54.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 682K

awesome work @diomede and some free hair to go with it yes

what I do with the teeth when not using a new shader domain is soft select them and shrink them out of the way... 

listening to spotify whilst posting 'all I need is the air that I breathe' .... hmmmm enlightened

• Very skillful hair (and render), Diomede!  Way more cool-looking hair than your original choice.

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,234

Cool theme Stezza, thank you for hosting and thank you to DAZ for continued sponsorship.

Bunyip02 said:

Okay First Bite - P-51 Mustang my all time favourite aircraft

Cooll render, nice job on the airplane. Cloud looks nice as well. smiley

Bunyip02 said:

A Loyal 4 Legged Companion

Am using that plugin called DAZ Studio to make Multiplane Cyclorama textures from Howie's Ultra Scenery to use in Carrara. After rendering the Ultra Scenery scene in Iray I use PSP to overlay segments of the render on a Multiplane Cyclorama template.

Cool tips for using a cyclorama, thanks. I've never tried one before. Always cool there are so many ways to put together an image.

Bunyip02 said:

A Pet Dragon to play with your Pet Dog

Adorable!

Vyusur said:

Aliens and Sci-Fi are my inspirations for now. Here is my first attempt:

I used native render engine and my new creature which is avaliable at Rendo.

Very nice Vyusur, your alien looks great. I also like the perspective, we can look up and down in the environment.

Stezza said:

the Supweme Weader is at it again! cool

Ha ha Stezza, could you send this 'Supweme Weader' over to my place to take care of the weeds?

Headwax said:

great theme - lots of goodies already popped up in t his thread

I'm off to render a million bucks....

Brilliant!

Mystiarra said:

tee ee.  bad mitten mebbe?  muskle dudes swatting the shuttlecock

Oh dear me Misty...blush laugh

Stezza said:

smiley

I think kitty desires a tasty snack.

Bunyip02 said:

Miss Universe

An actual Miss Universe contestant! Awesome!

Stezza said:

I wonder what Momo desires! eeeeek!!!

OMG Stezza, that is delightfully creepy. That smile!

Diomede said:

All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth 

with some postwork

Ha, great concept Diomede! And thanks for explanations, clever way to hide those teeth. The hair looks great. Whatever you did in post the coloring of his flesh looks more 'alive', nice.

edited September 2020

My Preciousss

Thanks for the comments on two front teeth, Stezza, UnifiedBrain, and DesertDude.

Here is another quickie.  This uses Misty's G8M in Carrara freebie character, and Josh Crocket's Glumgurgle for G8M.  I modeled a quick ring from a cylinder.  I modeled the eye using the pen tool.  Fire is simple Carrara fire object, duplicated. I rendered once against a red background and once against a blue background because I applied some transparency to the eye model and wanted the blue background but the red for the white of the eye.  Aided selection and substitution using a depth pass (attached).

Postwork.  Mostly this is a mix of the photoreal render described above and the Filter Forge graphic novel filter.

bb01 gollum setup.jpg
    1856 x 984 - 293K
    Gollum 02.png
    1600 x 1200 - 1M
    Gollum 03.png
    1600 x 1200 - 1M
    Gollum 02_Depth.png
    1600 x 1200 - 82K
    Gollum Graphic Novel Entry.jpg
    1549 x 1179 - 1M

Cool!

Interesting use of the Depth pass - never thought to use it to create isolated selections.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,977
    Bunyip02 said:
    ed3D said:
    Vyusur said:
    Bunyip02 said:

Vyusur - very nice Alien !

Thank you so much Bunyip!

+1 ~   _ and somehow reminds of MassEffect

HFS Races: Talarian by DarioFish - Renderosity

Freebie ME - HFS Shapes - ME Expansion - https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/hfs-shapes---me-expansion/70433

_alright then Thanks Bunyip~

edited September 2020

Catching up on the thread. Lots of great stuff.  Keep up the great work everyone.  

Stezza - great theme, the examples you include are amazing.  Thanks.
    Bunyip - hard to know where to start.  seems like you truly want everything!  My favorite so far is probably the airplane.  Nice job on motion for the propeller. Excellent.  After that, then probably one of the dog pics. Keep them coming.
    Vyusur - your new creature is very impressive.  didn't realize you had one.  will check it out.  Alien looks great and I love how the render has such soft shadows in the knooks and crannies.  (EDIT: Veronika, you have been busy!  Several new items I was unaware of.  looks great).
    Dartanbeck - Yes, 45 entries.  I want to see 45 entries from you.  LOL.  
    Mystiarra - As much as I want to see you do a badmitton render, priorities, priorities.  Get your BP down and your eyes taken care of.  We need you around here!
    DesertDude, ed3D, Namtar3D, UnifiedBrain, and Headwax, happy to see you dropping by the thread.  Looking forward to what everyone comes up with. 

I've got another idea that I started modeling on my laptop.  Will get back to it for finishing touches in the next day or so.  In the meantime I may try to crank out another quickie from here.

edited September 2020

Escape from 2020

Just a basic scene render in Carrara and seperate png render of KenG wasp for a transparent background and added in PSE. Modeled the time machines and also the mummy wrap for Genesis, I converted the terrain to a vertexx model and shaded it with my sand texture.. Postwork in PSE2020

EscapeWiP_1.jpg
    1506 x 788 - 137K
    EscapeWiP_PSE.jpg
    1246 x 786 - 155K
    Escape from 2020.png
    800 x 600 - 621K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,660

Stezza - Momo is definately creepy, nice escape scene - I think most of us need to escape 2020 !!

Diomede - two front teeth is a ripper, thanks for the details about workflow on Precious

Vyusur - any more creative art from you ?

UB - hope you have time for a render or three

DesertDude - trust that those creative juices are flowing

ed3D - are you able to join in again ?

Misty - hope you get that BP sorted so you can get those eyes done !

Lurkers - hurry up and join in the fun !!!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,660
    edited September 2020

A little shack to call home !

Loaded in a nice Gothic Castle by Luca Rodolfi - rodluc2001 - www.rodluc.com (https://rodluc2001.blogspot.com/)

Used a Terrain texture by Flinks (Renderosity), Triplanar used in the Shader setup to scale.

CC54 HumbleShack WIP-1.png
    2260 x 1037 - 559K
    CC54 HumbleShack WIP-2.png
    2269 x 1033 - 417K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    Diomede said:

Catching up on the thread. Lots of great stuff.  Keep up the great work everyone.  

Bunyip - hard to know where to start.  seems like you truly want everything!  My favorite so far is probably the airplane.  Nice job on motion for the propeller. Excellent.  After that, then probably one of the dog pics. Keep them coming.
    Vyusur - your new creature is very impressive.  didn't realize you had one.  will check it out.  Alien looks great and I love how the render has such soft shadows in the knooks and crannies.  (EDIT: Veronika, you have been busy!  Several new items I was unaware of.  looks great).
    Mystiarra - As much as I want to see you do a badmitton render, priorities, priorities.  Get your BP down and your eyes taken care of.  We need you around here!
    DesertDude, ed3D, Namtar3D, UnifiedBrain, and Headwax, happy to see you dropping by the thread.  Looking forward to what everyone comes up with. 

I've got another idea that I started modeling on my laptop.  Will get back to it for finishing touches in the next day or so.  In the meantime I may try to crank out another quickie from 

Vyusur said:

Aliens and Sci-Fi are my inspirations for now. Here is my first attempt:

I used native render engine and my new creature which is avaliable at Rendo.

Very nice Vyusur, your alien looks great. I also like the perspective, we can look up and down in the environment.

Thank you very much for your nice comment!

Diomede said:

I've got another idea that I started modeling on my laptop.  Will get back to it for finishing touches in the next day or so.  In the meantime I may try to crank out another quickie from here.

Thank you so much, Ted, for your kind words and for your interest!

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,977
    Diomede said:

~ happy to be dropping by~ thanx_