SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

foxylady said:
    Now I have another purchase that will not download. Since it is Sunday, there is no one there to release it. Why does Daz do this on the weekends when there is no help if we need it?

It was NOT safe to go back in the water again.

If it appears in your Itemized Order History, reset it, that usually unsticks it.

• foxyladyfoxylady Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

foxylady said:
    Now I have another purchase that will not download. Since it is Sunday, there is no one there to release it. Why does Daz do this on the weekends when there is no help if we need it?

It was NOT safe to go back in the water again.

If it appears in your Itemized Order History, reset it, that usually unsticks it.

Frank,

I tried that. I still get an error. Attached is a copy of said error. I have tried several times so far. Before and after resetting the downloads.

For_Frank.JPG
    781 x 179 - 24K
    For_Frank.JPG
    781 x 179 - 24K
    Post edited by foxylady on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

Try using a different browser - you can install Firefox or Chrome without making it your default if you prefer IE.

edited December 1969

I tried using my husband's computer. He has Firefox. It still will NOT download.

• pumecopumeco Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Don't know if this has been brought up before (I'm not reading this lot), but the DAZ newsletters and emails are screwed-up really bad.
    The formatting is all over the place, has been for some time now.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,349
    edited December 1969

Yes the newsletters have been a bit of a mess. The issue has been reported and currently the best way to view them is by clicking on view in browser.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Yes the newsletters have been a bit of a mess. The issue has been reported and currently the best way to view them is by clicking on view in browser.

Frank,

That does not work all the time. In fact, the first time it worked for me was the newsletter sent today "Ruths Redemption‏".

edited December 1969

In regard to the downloading problem I was having above, it did not work until the next day and only with Firefox. It would not work Sunday with IE, Firefox or Chrome.

edited December 1969

Works juts fine for me in FF. I view them all that way.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Could it possibly that your ISP was experiencing any difficulties. I say this because on Sunday I experienced almost 24 hours of internet problems, which did stem from my ISP. Obviously not going to be the same ISP as you use, but it is just a thought. Although my ISP deemed the problem solved by 10:00am Monday morning (our time) Iit was still not possible to get a stable download until I reset my router.

Just a thought

• edited December 1969

I can't access the archives. I have a bunch of old tutorials bookmarked, but when I try to access them it says "database is not available."

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,686
    edited December 1969

What are the urls you are using? They might be the old way. When the old forum became archived the links got changed.

• edited December 1969

I'm using links that look like this: forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=23870

edited December 1969

I just tried on my kindle fire and could not get to the forum archive either.

edited December 1969

I am making enquiries about this.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

steggieav said:
    I can't access the archives. I have a bunch of old tutorials bookmarked, but when I try to access them it says "database is not available."

steggieav said:
    I'm using links that look like this: forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=23870

I am making enquiries about this.

FYI:
    The forumarchive links were working yesterday evening, but now they're not. So, whatever change was made since then has broken them.
  • ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited July 2012

The archive links are working for me.

Coldrake

Post edited by Coldrake on
    edited December 1969

Coldrake said:
    The archive links are working for me.

Coldrake

It works for me but I forgot why I wanted to go there.

edited July 2012

The Forumarchive links are working now, but there's still something wrong. The pages take too long to load, and there's a broken link In the upper left corner next to the words "0 return".

I think it's trying to load something, then timing out and displaying the page with the broken link (which could be why it's taking so long to display pages).

DAZ, please don't leave it in this state.

Edit: Note, the broken link seems to be pointing to http://www.daz3d.com/images/spacer.gif

Screen_shot_2012-07-25_at_2.53_.43_PM_.png
    493 x 190 - 29K
    Post edited by de3an on
  • edited December 1969

Yeah, it's working for me too. I also see the 0 return, but otherwise it's working fine.

edited December 1969

steggieav said:
    Yeah, it's working for me too. I also see the 0 return, but otherwise it's working fine.

For me, every page takes about twenty three seconds to load.
    It's the same on both my desktop computer and my iPad.
    I'm pretty sure it's waiting for a time-out on the bad link before it displays the page.
  • KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited July 2012

I attempted to place an order three times. Twice I got errors. One said it could not generate an invoice because the order wasn't found. The next told me to enter my billing address and phone number again -- which the system already knew, as shown on the left sidebar during the "billing information" portion of the checkout process. I logged out and logged in, then proceeded with the checkout for a THIRD time. This time it said I was successful, generating order 100120676. Upon looking on my open orders, I saw that the order was placed TWICE (100120676 AND 100120673) and my card was charged TWICE. I want my debit card credited ASAP, as this was a fairly large order.

I submitted a help request, but lately it's taking 3 weeks to get any reply. I'm calling customer service if someone hasn't addressed this issue in the next half a day. I'm tired of the new store, the new forums, the new account management system. I'm angry, I'm irritated, and I cannot believe these kinds of errors are occurring after several months of your "new and improved" website being released. I NEVER used to complain. I'm complaining now. This store is unprofessional, sloppy, and full of errors. When you irritate my shopping experience, I can tolerate it. But when my MONEY is affected, I'm going to demand action. Immediate action. The cavalier way DAZ has gone about "fixing" the website shows incredible disrespect to its most loyal customer base. "Oh, it'll be fixed. Just submit a support ticket. It's been three weeks? Don't worry, they're just experiencing high ticket volumes. See someone else's name on your account? No problem! Just a glitch. Ignore it until someone fixes it. Don't like key website features that are inconvenient? It'll be fixed someday SOON..." Give. Me. A. Break!!!!!

Post edited by Karibou on
    edited December 1969

Sadly there are 100's of tickets requiring immediate action. They have to take them one at a time and in order.

edited July 2012

Frank0314 said:
    Sadly there are 100's of tickets requiring immediate action. They have to take them one at a time and in order.

Don't you think that the fact that "there are 100's of tickets requiring immediate action" should TELL you something? I am NOT alone in being fairly disgusted with being one of a few hundred problems that are being delegated to the next available customer service representative.

I sincerely hope that DAZ has learned something from this experience. I mean, it's an entirely web-based company! How can a WEB-BASED company proceed with updating its WEBSITE and not have rigorously beta tested it for glitches and feedback?? This is not a software platform that can be patched over time. This site represents 99% of sales and communication with DAZ's customers. It is simply ridiculous that a customer be on the receiving end of a store's error and it can take WEEKS to issue a refund. The mistake was yours. You have MY money. I want it back. Many of us have BUDGETS and cannot afford to spend a large sum of money TWICE. Waiting a few days for a refund? Acceptable. More than that? Fraud. This is not a return. This is a store error taking my money without my consent. And if there are HUNDREDS of people in this situation... then WHY ARE THESE PROBLEMS STILL HERE?

Post edited by Karibou on
    edited December 1969

When did you submit your support ticket?

edited July 2012

KaribousBoutique

In the main Support tickets are cleared up pretty quickly.

If you have been waiting weeks, when was your ticket submitted.

There was a problem that hit Zendesk, and all their customers, on 3rd and 4th July. If you submitted a ticket around that time, yours may have been caught up in it.

Have you checked if your ticket is still shown as Open on the system ? You can do this by going the the submit a ticket screen, and checking on the top line "Check your existing requests" instead of submitting a ticket.

If your ticket is shown as closed or you can't see it there, then you will need to either submit another ticket or even call, using the toll free number.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Refund will be issued today. I'm still unsatisfied with the actual shopping experience, and I'm not convinced this would have been cleared this quickly without my ranting and raving. But I am glad that someone is listening and that the problem is resolved.

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

Any idea how long they are taking to get to new tickets? I entered a ticket at 11:09 pm MST on Wed. (7/25), and the status since right after I submitted was "being processed", and hasn't changed since then. What does this mean, and when should I expect real action on it?

Like many others before me have stated, I'm also not a complainer. But honestly, from a customers point of view the conversion to the new web site comes off as being very poorly planned and implemented. Maybe there was a lot of work that went on behind the scenes prior to cut over, but as a person who is in charge of an IT Department, this looks like it was rushed out the door (it looks exactly like what happens when upper management decides to go forward, and fix the problems on the fly, despite recommendations not to from those doing the work). Honestly, if my department rolled out something like this, I'd be looking for another job, if my boss told me to do it before it was ready, he'd be out the door as well!

For my situation, I found out my PC membership was suspended when I couldn't get into the PC Forum. I got an email showing I "ordered" another year (auto renewal?), but evidently the charge never went through. I found out my account on the new website had 6 credit cards associated with it (all with the same #), I think the system tried to use an old expiration date, and my account was suspended. I never got notification that charges didn't go through, or that my account was being suspended. Now, when I try to renew my annual membership, the system wants to charge the full price, not the renewal price. I'm usually very patient, but this poorly done change over has worn my patience thin, and I shouldn't be charged an extra $30.00 for PC membership for something that was the result of this messed up new system.

Sorry - I just had to vent a bit

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

I put one in 5 days ago for a refund on the hexagon tutorial as I cant get hexagon to work through the tutorial process it keeps coming up with program has stopped working. so I want a refund on it as its no good if I cant keep hexagon working.

Still havent been sorted.. :(

Sal.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

The massive catalogue padding when browsing the store is starting to seriously annoy me.