How to improve the store ?

Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556
edited August 2020 in The Commons

Hi,

There are feaures I would like to see at Daz3D Shop

• Addon list : I own many products and I would like to find all the addons that I didn't purchase yet.
  • Hide bundle when all the items are already owned : When I own the Pro Bundle, I don't need the Starter Bundle.
  • Do not purchase twice the same item : When an item is already included in a bundle or another item from the shopping cart, it should be removed from the cart or a warning message should be displayed. For example if Floyd 8 HD Addon and Floyd 8 are both in the shopping cart, this HD addon should be removed from the cart because it's already included in Floyd 8.
Post edited by Noah LGP on

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited August 2020
    Noah LGP said:

Hi,

There are feaures I would like to see at Daz3D Shop

• Addon list : I own many products and I would like to find all the addons

Many products actually do have links to addons on their product pages, but how complete/consistent they are I don't know.

Noah LGP said:
    • Hide bundle when all the items are already owned : When I own the Pro Bundle, I don't need the Starter Bundle.
    • Do not purchase twice the same item : When an item is already included in a bundle or another item from the shopping cart, it should be removed from the cart or a warning message should be displayed. For example if Floyd 8 HD Addon and Floyd 8 are both in the shopping cart, this HD addon should be removed because it's already included in Floyd 8.

I discussed this with one of their programmers shortly after the Magento update in 2012-13, the answer was that it was difficult to implement with the current database structure without opening the door for a lot of potential bugs and performance problems (there was enough of that to fix already at that time).  So it was "sidelined" as he said.  I imagine that the coming store update may include fixing some of these bundle problems, but that's just a wild guess.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556
    edited August 2020

Maybe Magento isn't the best solution. Other companies are able to do this job for years.

For example Electronic Arts' The Sims 3 Store (2009), if you purchase a set, you will own all the subsets included.

When you try to add an item already include in a set from the cart, a warning message is displayed.

Screenshot_695.jpg
    591 x 349 - 27K
  • Nudity options for adult figures so you know what's up with the bits.

laugh

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

The store software is supposed to be getting overhauled soon®, so hopefully we will see some improvements after that.

• y3kmany3kman Posts: 765

Take off a portion of a bundle's price if you already own a part of it. Stores like Steam can do this.

edited August 2020
    y3kman said:

Take off a portion of a bundle's price if you already own a part of it. Stores like Steam can do this.

Apple iTunes is also able to deduct owned tracks when you purchase the album.

But this feature should be based on the full price only because the sales will cause too much troubles.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553

Nudity options for adult figures so you know what's up with the bits.

laugh

THIS! yes

edited August 2020

About the environment, it would be nice to know the minimal requirement. RAM usage : 1, 2, 4 or 8 GB.

I dislike to purchase a place which use more than 2 GB of RAM. 

• Nudity options for adult figures so you know what's up with the bits.

laugh

The bits, and heck, just what's going on with the rest of the skin! It's always a very rude surprise to find unannounced tan lines, texture problems, a nipple color I didn't expect, etc. on areas covered by boxers and bras in the promos.

Maybe a "show nude promos" opt-in somewhere in our account settings. I'll verify my age if you need me to.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,497

I think it's about time the young girls uncover their shoulders. Both of them.

• Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited August 2020

It would be handy if one could also filter out human figures and their specific items.  It could be as basic as adding an other category or more refined with a few select non human categories like environments, resources, animals, etc. 

Ediit: Just the Other than Human Category would be great....additional categories would be bonus.

Post edited by Pixel8ted on
  • dragoneyes002dragoneyes002 Posts: 205
    edited August 2020

Add as Noah asked about tested resource listing on the requirements for all Environment items IE: Uses XXX RAM in scene, Uses XXX RAM during Renders. some items like houses are so overloaded with polygons its a wonder they could render them for the promo pics to sell the product never mind use them to stage characters or in the worst cases A character.

this could also help assure the items have been tested to work as intended.

Post edited by dragoneyes002 on
  • fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,558

Release date and file size/s should be on the product page. Along with a clay render of what's actually included.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    fred9803 said:

Release date and file size/s should be on the product page. Along with a clay render of what's actually included.

Release date you can get from the readme.   PAs are already supposed to provide clay renders, and most do, but there doesn't seem to be anyone tasked with QC or shepherding new PAs right now.

It bothers me that new PAs who obviously have some talent and good ideas are having such bumpy starts.  Daz should tell them to post a properly packaged freebie to get critiqued before putting their first item up for sale where it will get shredded by an angry mob, and add to Daz's CS workload.  Also CS reps are probably easier and cheaper to find than good QC folks, and Daz did the math.

• BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364

Nudity options for adult figures so you know what's up with the bits.

laugh

That's inappropriate blush

Add as Noah asked about tested resource listing on the requirements for all Environment items IE: Uses XXX RAM in scene, Uses XXX RAM during Renders. some items like houses are so overloaded with polygons its a wonder they could render them for the promo pics to sell the product never mind use them to stage characters or in the worst cases A character.

this could also help assure the items have been tested to work as intended.

Ugh tell me about it. The PAs probably have Quadros with like at least 16GB of memory and up. But yeah a lot of sets feel heavy but there are some amazing sets that don't strain a lot but still look good. They can get the people who made those redo all the stuff that slows everything so much 

edited September 2020

Content Category filters or Current Offers filters !

For example, actually the sales pages and the vendor pages don't allow you to show only the characters or only the clothes.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561

...improved product search function with better filters.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,759
    edited September 2020

Simply put, apply the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid, for those not familiar with the acronym).  The current design looks like someone dug into a book of "1000 Fancy Tricks to Make Your Website Annoying" and tossed it with wild abandon at the screen.  Wouldn't it be nice to have something clean and uncluttered that actually loads without waiting for two animations and has accurate pricing that doesn't change three times in the course of a single day?  

Of course, they almost certainly won't do that, and the current awful mess of multiple banners, sub-panels and animated what-nots will probably continue to dominate.

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,497

While I appreciate simplicity and minimalism, as the owner of a Chromebook, I can assure you it is possible to not have enough settings.

• Custom organizeable wishlists 

I makeup my own lists offsite like by theme and character and what looks good to mix 

But actually organizing on the site itself would be so much better. But copy pasting one thing at a time from a list into the search is still fine 

• AtiAti Posts: 9,079

Custom organizeable wishlists 

I makeup my own lists offsite like by theme and character and what looks good to mix 

But actually organizing on the site itself would be so much better. But copy pasting one thing at a time from a list into the search is still fine 

If I understand correctly, then the browser addon already has this feature, with the name "multiple wishlists": https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/106296/announcing-daz-deals-browser-add-on/p1

edited September 2020
    Ati said:

If I understand correctly, then the browser addon already has this feature, with the name "multiple wishlists": https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/106296/announcing-daz-deals-browser-add-on/p1

It makes me think the Addon list could be a special wishlist.

For example each time you purchase a product, the addons would be added to this list.

edited September 2020

Multilayer clothes

One picture should show each part separately. I like to know what it looks for real.

pic_001.JPG
    591 x 284 - 28K
    Noah LGP said:
    Ati said:

It makes me think the Addon list could be a special wishlist.

For example each time you purchase a product, the addons would be added to this list.

That's sort of what he "Add-ons" checkbox does. It doesn't create a separate wishlist, but you can filter the store, or a sale to only show items that are addons for items you already have. (Or the opposite: the "Required" checkbox to only show items where you have an addon, but missing the base product.)

edited September 2020

@Ati

I see this option in the settings but where is the filter in the shop ?

dazdeals_001.JPG
    2530 x 269 - 70K
    Noah LGP said:

@Ati

I see this option in the settings but where is the filter in the shop ?

You need to be signed up for that to work (email and passcode filled in), because the list of addons/requirements is calculated on our server to save time and browser resources.

edited September 2020

Done

• Noah LGP said:

About the environment, it would be nice to know the minimal requirement. RAM usage : 1, 2, 4 or 8 GB.

I dislike to purchase a place which use more than 2 GB of RAM. 

Also would be nice to know which options require NVidia. When I bought my laptop, I didn't know that dforce or iray needed NVidia to work. I thought the 3d card wars ended in the 90s so I bought price/speed overall instead of looking for specific 3d cards.
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022

dForce and Iray don't need a Nvidia card to work, they can both use the CPU. Yes, with a good Nvidia card they'll be faster, but they certainly do work without one.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited September 2020

...albeit much slower. 

For example, in the description for Primavera Hair (which is not strand based to supposedly speed up dForce operation) it  indicates a sim time of 3 - 5 minutes on an RTX 2070 with 8 GB of VRAM, 2304 CUDA cores and 288 tensor cores.  It would take 3 - 4 times that on the old 760 TI with only 640 CUDA cores and 4 GB of VRAM in my assembly system and even slower on the 4C/8T 2.9 GHz i7 it has.

Post edited by kyoto kid on