How to improve the store ?

Comments

• AabacusAabacus Posts: 403
    y3kman said:

Take off a portion of a bundle's price if you already own a part of it. Stores like Steam can do this.

Yes, this is crazy that it isn't done. Makes sense for the business but not for consumers.  

• AabacusAabacus Posts: 403
    edited September 2020

Please don't read the below as frustration or unhappiness. These are the things I think about. I just spent some $ on a gift card...soooooo...yeah, I think I'm perfectly happy with status quo.

1. More filter options would improve sales as you could cut things down to just the 10 things or 5 things that match exactly what you're looking for.  

2. Reviews right on the page with the product.  

3. Please warn me that I'm buying something that I don't have the prerequisite for! I try to look but sometimes I miss it.  

4. Just give me a prefiltered page for the coupons instead of having to add a 3rd party addon. 

5. Sometimes I find a product on my wish list and I think...wow...that's cheap! I wonder why it's so cheap today? But I can't find the sale. If I could backtrack I might buy other things that are on sale.   

6. The promo images should not include anything that's not in the product without it being called out. I'm looking at you Classroom. Great package but the promos were far far off from the product.   

7. A list of the items used in the promos as a requirement please. That would cut down on the...what hair is used in this promo shot...conversation and increase sales.  

8. I personally would rather see fewer higher quality products than some of the low effort stuff that's clearly just a filler for the daily release. Then pick a few items from artists and call them "new again" or "out of the archives" or something that matches the new stuff.   

9. the ability to put my wish list into categories (there is a way but it's a little clunky and I forget to do it.). 

10. If I apply filters then click into a product and click back out it'd be nice if I didn't have to reset all my filters.   

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited September 2020

I see CGTrader gives the amount of polygons/verices , it gives an idea of the detail level.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • One improvement would be to set a quick shop option, avoiding the dialog that pops up whenever you put an item in your cart. If set, the popup would not show up and the item is placed in the cart. If there is an addd-on, a popup is shown and you can select if you want to have it as well or not.  

Current settings with the popup showing after every single item is especially anoying if you click down your wishlist.

• Another big improvement would be a rating option for items. I would prefer to buy an item that has been rated as valuable by other members. A bit like the Amazon thing. Some items seem to be really nice when just looking at the description and promo pictures, but end up to be faulty or incomplete once bought (I have filed a set of tickets already, for new releases). A rating would take away a bit of frustration, and would encourage the PA's to deliver a first class product right from the start (most already do, but some are not, or are winding down their own QA)

• I'd really like to know if something is dforce or not. I don't use it for outfits or hair, and I hate picking up something, discovering it doesn't fit properly, only to find the set is dforce but this wasn't indicated.

Be consistent in naming, if something is called one thing on a product page I'd love it to be called the same thing in the product menu. I find too often these aren't the same.

it would be helpful for newbies if light sets were labeled for Iray or for 3dl.

• I'd really like to know if something is dforce or not. I don't use it for outfits or hair, and I hate picking up something, discovering it doesn't fit properly, only to find the set is dforce but this wasn't indicated.

Be consistent in naming, if something is called one thing on a product page I'd love it to be called the same thing in the product menu. I find too often these aren't the same.

it would be helpful for newbies if light sets were labeled for Iray or for 3dl.

Agreed. Especially for wardrobe, I noticed that, instead of suppling morphs fitting that damn thing, the PA's relying on dForce. The really GOOD ones supply both. Ever tried to have a dForce dress, and a sitting pose of your character, potentially connecting with ANOTHER surface? A nightmare. But I also got amazing results with dForce, esp. with hair, that I would not have archived with just posing.

• I don't have good results in dforce. I dislike it intensely for men's wear, where it seems to be substituted for male clothing fits.

I don't want to spend 30 minutes dforcing mens wear, when I can do other things, like.... Setup my scene and render.  

The pressure to make stuff dforce seems obvious, butt it shouldn't be substituted for fits of at least the standard figures.

edited September 2020

I'd really like to know if something is dforce or not. I don't use it for outfits or hair, and I hate picking up something, discovering it doesn't fit properly, only to find the set is dforce but this wasn't indicated.

Actually dForce is written in the name of the product and there are also these infos

There is a filter too

dazdeals_002.JPG
    393 x 208 - 20K
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited September 2020

dForce  isn't always written in the name of the product. I've gotten several poofy male outfits, clearly designed to be dforce, which have not mentioned this. I've also had installed  dForce male produts where the name dForce is dropped, making them hard to find. If dForce is part of the name, it should be the same in the product library, but this adjective is dropped.

Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited September 2020

dForce  isn't always written in the name of the product. I've gotten several poofy male outfits, clearly designed to be dforce, which have not mentioned this. I've also had installed  dForce male produts where the name dForce is dropped, making them hard to find. If dForce is part of the name, it should be the same in the product library, but this adjective is dropped.

I mean this info is already available in the shop even if the artist doesn't mention it.

• DMaxDMax Posts: 637
    edited October 2020

Post edited by DMax on
  • Reverting to the last layout by getting rid of unneccessary whitespace and making the background dark and price light again would be good 

It was better because it was just a transparent black rectangle over a product image and wasn't distracting

If they want to make room for icons why not just have a thicker translucent black rectangle? 

edited November 2020

Embedded Gallery

The Gallery is very important to get some additional infos about the products. The promo images don't show everything.

It's also a source of inspiration.

• mr clammr clam Posts: 707

I'll second what Noah said about categories. It would be so nice to be able to filter for poses, clothing, hair, etc. Also: a search function that I dunno...works?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,471
    mr clam said:

I'll second what Noah said about categories. It would be so nice to be able to filter for poses, clothing, hair, etc. Also: a search function that I dunno...works?

Filtering working both ways, not only "show me poses/textures", but also "do NOT show me poses/textures"

• ps2000ps2000 Posts: 278

Genesis8 should be on the top of the figure selection. Now it doesn't even show (at least for me) and I have to type it manually. 

That's a little bit annoying.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    mr clam said:

And to think we complained about the old search.  They might as well have removed it completely.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

How to improve the store? Throw it out and start over. /sarcasm

Laurie

• The store software is supposed to be getting overhauled soon®, so hopefully we will see some improvements after that.

Thank Goodness!... Any update on when?

• Would be nice to have a store filter to hide texture products, kind of like the hide owned filter.

The store software is supposed to be getting overhauled soon®, so hopefully we will see some improvements after that.

The overhaul has already started.  No ETA on any improvements that would make it even as good as it was before the overhaul started.

• Sevrin said:

The store software is supposed to be getting overhauled soon®, so hopefully we will see some improvements after that.

The overhaul has already started.  No ETA on any improvements that would make it even as good as it was before the overhaul started.

Sorry... i was being facetious, i'm kind of used to how things don't quite work and am learning to not let my frustrations with Daz totally spoil my enjoyment of Daz. 

• no noseno nose Posts: 300

I would say my biggest gripe with the Daz store is that it's not really obvious when an item could go off sale. An item on fastgrab can stay there anywhere between a day to a month, and I've seen big sales go from "this is your last chance to get this deal" to "we're extending this sale by a few more days + adding extra goodies to it". I'd appretiate some sort of timer on a sale's page at least, kind of like what steam already has.

Another thing I would greatly appertiate is if more people started listing the products they use in promo images, I've seen a few products where I'm more interested in stuff that isn't the main selling point. I know you can always make a thread asking people to ID the product, but from what i've seen they don't always get answered. (and im to shy to start these on my own tbh.)

It would be pretty nice if I could filter out addons for products that I don't own. If you try to sort by low to high right now, you'll be bombared with an endless wave of texture addons for clothes you don't have. It's not exactly like you'd be missing out on something by not seeing them, they all look the same to me when i'm on page 5 and still seeing them.

Last thing I can think of, and I get why this might be the most unrealistic / controversial. (And i'm not to sure what the best way to explain it is) Is to give every product another promo image that shows the product how most people first see it, use the default settings of everything besides what you're showing off. IE if you're showing off clothes, you use the base figure, pose, render settings, camera placements, and no hair. These can get changed around depending on what the product is. (And obviously if it's not clothes you'll still have to put something on the figure.) I don't want to make it sound like I think that promo images are "decietful" or something, it's just that this sort of information could help me decide on what I should get better.

no nose said:

I would say my biggest gripe with the Daz store is that it's not really obvious when an item could go off sale. An item on fastgrab can stay there anywhere between a day to a month, and I've seen big sales go from "this is your last chance to get this deal" to "we're extending this sale by a few more days + adding extra goodies to it". I'd appretiate some sort of timer on a sale's page at least, kind of like what steam already has.

Another thing I would greatly appertiate is if more people started listing the products they use in promo images, I've seen a few products where I'm more interested in stuff that isn't the main selling point. I know you can always make a thread asking people to ID the product, but from what i've seen they don't always get answered. (and im to shy to start these on my own tbh.)

It would be pretty nice if I could filter out addons for products that I don't own. If you try to sort by low to high right now, you'll be bombared with an endless wave of texture addons for clothes you don't have. It's not exactly like you'd be missing out on something by not seeing them, they all look the same to me when i'm on page 5 and still seeing them.

Last thing I can think of, and I get why this might be the most unrealistic / controversial. (And i'm not to sure what the best way to explain it is) Is to give every product another promo image that shows the product how most people first see it, use the default settings of everything besides what you're showing off. IE if you're showing off clothes, you use the base figure, pose, render settings, camera placements, and no hair. These can get changed around depending on what the product is. (And obviously if it's not clothes you'll still have to put something on the figure.) I don't want to make it sound like I think that promo images are "decietful" or something, it's just that this sort of information could help me decide on what I should get better.

Agree, especially about the last part.  I use very little make-up on my characters, and it makes me nuts when not a single promo image shows the character with a naked face. 

But people see characters out-of-the-box differently.  My start-up scene comes with lighting and render settings already set up and very different from the default.  If someone starts DS with, heaven forbid, a headlamp, their first encounter with characters, clothing, hair, etc. won't be the same as mine.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,438

filter and more filter .. and filters that work. Maybe I only want to see hair .. and only for G8F.
    Or lights
    Or only SKUs after 30,000
    Only IRAY ... 
    or no products at all that are older than G3 ... etc etc

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686
    Sevrin said:

What do you mean? Official Daz people have declared victory on the Store Issues and sales issues pages.

• xyer0 said:
    Sevrin said:

What do you mean? Official Daz people have declared victory on the Store Issues and sales issues pages.

No, they haven't.

Here's what would improve the store: Making someone responsible for ensuring that products customers purchase are available for download before they are offered for sale.

Imagine if Amazon only checked their stock after charging people's credit cards.  They'd get hauled before Congress.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,501

There is so much failure from so many aspects of the store that it seems like they're doing it on purpose. A bit more openness about what's going on might stop people from thinking the DAZ staff just doesn't care.