Old Dog New Tricks

1161718192022»

Comments

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227
    edited December 2020

Playing with old G2 stuff, added all new shaders. You can click the postworked version to find everything used in the piece. 

Alani-before.jpg
    571 x 800 - 148K
    Post edited by deathbycanon on
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,562

She looks sweet, @deathbycanon! The rim lighting really makes her pop against the BG, and is especially nice on her hair.

Nice to see you posting again, BTW. Cheers!

- Greg

Thanks Greg, love those backlight hair shaders. :) 

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

Love to see all your work in one place.  One of your YouTube videos helped get me started with canvasses, and that made a big difference in how I work. <3

Sevrin said:

Love to see all your work in one place.  One of your YouTube videos helped get me started with canvasses, and that made a big difference in how I work. <3

Thank you! It's good to hear that it was helpful. What I am saying makes sense to me, but I never know if I am making it clear enough for others. lol 

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    edited August 2020

Playing with old G2 stuff, added all new shaders. You can click the postworked version to find everything used in the piece. 

I love this SO MUCH! heart Wow!

Post edited by 3Diva on
    3Diva said:

Thanks Diva, I love doing toon style pinups. I think this one turned out really cute, I'm going to have to try out the rest of the Callie 6 models I have. The whole Callie 6 bundle is pretty much made for pinups. 

3Diva said:

Thanks Diva, I love doing toon style pinups. I think this one turned out really cute, I'm going to have to try out the rest of the Callie 6 models I have. The whole Callie 6 bundle is pretty much made for pinups. 

Toon style pinups are so delightful! Classic pinups are my favorite type of art, add a gorgeous toon character and it just takes it to another level! SO CUTE! :D

@deathbycanon Have you seen this? https://www.boredpanda.com/illustrations-food-snacks-as-cute-characters-lyra-art/?utm_source=pinterest&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic

It's not exactly the same "genre" but I think it's super cute and really creative. :)

3Diva said:

@deathbycanon Have you seen this? https://www.boredpanda.com/illustrations-food-snacks-as-cute-characters-lyra-art/?utm_source=pinterest&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic

It's not exactly the same "genre" but I think it's super cute and really creative. :)

Thanks for the link, so cute, and what an inspiring idea. 

edited December 2020

Elliot asked about the lighting on this one so if I'm going to type it all out, I'll just put it here. :) 

This is Jacklin by Cherubit...  Here I think she looks like "Aunt Becky" scheming on how to get her kids into a good school. :) 

Here is the before image, they always render out more under exposed then they look in my viewport, but I don't mind too much as it can be hard not to blow them out with my postwork otherwise. 

And here is how the scene was set up

The main light is an hdri, probably from iradiance - light probe 4, 5, or  6 as I tend to use them a lot. I rotated the dome until I got the light I wanted on the face. I cheated and used the darkest wall setting in the MICK set to keep the walls dark, and the items that were still bright, like the banner I went in and changed the base color in the surface settings - defaulted to white - to a gray to darken them down. Otherwise they would be bright from the hdri. Often I will use a gobo to block the light in areas I don't want it, but it would have been hard not to have spill here and I was feeling lazy. I wanted it to look like the fire, and maybe some off camera candles were lighting her up from behind, but you can see the fire was very far away, making it brighter would blow it out. I brought in Rim Light Rig Iray by Marshian, that's the red octagon in the background, and that is what is creating the orange back light. 

ALSO The items used arelinked in the gallery, you can get to it by clicking the post worked image. :) 

Jacklin-BEFORE.jpg
    618 x 1000 - 340K
    Jacklin-set.jpg
    513 x 822 - 263K
    edited August 2020

I wanted to do a draw this in my style challenge. Here is the final work, I used the "Artist Photoshop Action" from graphics river for this stage, you can find it HERE. All 3d items used can be found linked in the gallery, just click the image. 

The 1st round of postwork:

Renders:

render 1 

the flowers are the daises from Roadside Flowering Plants for Daz Studio and Iray, I just used the cut out opacity and turned off everything but the flowers. 

Inspiration image from madie_arts on instagram, her gallery is linked in the image. 

#madie225.jpg
    563 x 604 - 53K
    DTIYS1.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 522K
    DTIYS1before.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 544K
    DTIYS4.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 157K
    edited December 2020

This one's going to take me a minute to get posted, as it was done in multiple renders. I wanted to be able to work on individual element of this render in post, like adding the blood to the ground without having to work around figures, and being able to edit individual figures without effecting the background or others. I used the same camera and lighting for all renders. I placed zombies with the girl and background, but then deleted them out for faster render times. So here is the finished work:

all products used posted in gallery, click here to see

At this stage I am done with working in layers, and I create a stamp so I have one image. Now I work on the image as a whole changing color/tone and adding textures to get the final image. 

All the renders used. :) 

BadHairDay.jpg
    640 x 800 - 137K
    BadHairDay3.jpg
    640 x 800 - 323K
    BadHairDay4.jpg
    640 x 800 - 89K
    BadHairDay5.jpg
    640 x 800 - 334K
    BadHairDay6.jpg
    640 x 800 - 51K
    BadHairDay7.jpg
    640 x 800 - 71K
    BadHairDay9.jpg
    640 x 800 - 53K
    BHD-together.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 524K
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,562

Is that pitchfork flipping me off? lol

- Greg

edited December 2020

I want the galleries to come back. :)  Anyway my latest.

Defeated

defeated.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 594K
  • I'm always in awe of your talent! It's a very powerful piece.

• I love the colors and atmospheres in your works. Gorgeous art. Thank you for sharing.

• Knittingmommy said:

I'm always in awe of your talent! It's a very powerful piece.

Thanks KM 

• cathan01_wwg1wga said:

I love the colors and atmospheres in your works. Gorgeous art. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,006

<--knock... knock... Anyone here? 

• I am...but haven't seen anyone else in a long while.

Her YT channel hasn't been updated in a year.

In fact haven't seen anything new on DbC's Discord channel for a while, either.

I hope she is okay.

edited October 2021

Tiffanie Gray - IDLM said:

I am...but haven't seen anyone else in a long while.

I hope she is okay.

It's sad when people disappear... I always wonder where they are.  I'm new to her thread and I love seeing how she has progressed with her artwork.  I was unable to see anything new from her also... even on DA... Looks like 2020 is about the last she's posted.  :(  Hope she's ok also.  

Happy to meet you though Tiffanie Gray - IDLM :)

EDIT... Oh... I just checked DeviantArt again and I see some artwork was posted in September of 2021... so maybe she's not as gone as we think she is :)

(waves to deathbycanon...if she's watching :)

Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • Oh! I'm happy to hear that. Maybe Life (tm)...we all know how that is.

Pleased to meet you too! I liked watching her art change and grow, too! She used my picture in one of her webinars with Digital Art Live - the Avatar one. She is very talented!

Llola Lane said:

I am...but haven't seen anyone else in a long while.

I hope she is okay.

It's sad when people disappear... I always wonder where they are.  I'm new to her thread and I love seeing how she has progressed with her artwork.  I was unable to see anything new from her also... even on DA... Looks like 2020 is about the last she's posted.  :(  Hope she's ok also.  

Happy to meet you though Tiffanie Gray - IDLM :)

EDIT... Oh... I just checked DeviantArt again and I see some artwork was posted in September of 2021... so maybe she's not as gone as we think she is :)

(waves to deathbycanon...if she's watching :)

edited October 2021

Oh! I'm happy to hear that. Maybe Life (tm)...we all know how that is.

Pleased to meet you too! I liked watching her art change and grow, too! She used my picture in one of her webinars with Digital Art Live - the Avatar one. She is very talented!

I like the way she posts before and afters... I just wish she would post WHAT she did to the before to get it to the after... but that may be further in her thread that I've not read yet.  I'm having a little trouble with postwork and I like seeing what others do.  There is not a lot of postwork help on the internet that I've found :(  Everyone wants you to pay and arm and a leg to learn how to do stuff.  My computer is overloaded with video tutorials that I've bought to learn... LOL.

• I suggest you look up Digital Art Live STUDIO dot com and join (If you can't find it, let me know and I'll try to send you an invite). Lots of people very happy to help there. And yes there are paid areas, but you don't have to go there to get help, just ask in the main feed. Very nice people, no flames, just a chill vibe, and not super busy, so as to take up your life. lol

edited October 2021

I suggest you look up Digital Art Live STUDIO dot com and join (If you can't find it, let me know and I'll try to send you an invite). Lots of people very happy to help there. And yes there are paid areas, but you don't have to go there to get help, just ask in the main feed. Very nice people, no flames, just a chill vibe, and not super busy, so as to take up your life. lol

Is this it???  https://www.digitalartlive.studio/ ... Looks like I have to sign up first.

EDIT... WOW.. they are pretty strict... I hope I get approved... lol

• Yes! That is it!

Yes! That is it!

approved ;)

<--taps her toes and waits for deathbycanon