Daz Install Manager (DIM) 1.4.0.94, Now Available! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Are you on Windows 10?  Recent updates seem to have removed privileges, so DIM isn't being allowed to modify the file.

• MadbatMadbat Posts: 382

Are you on Windows 10?  Recent updates seem to have removed privileges, so DIM isn't being allowed to modify the file.

No, Win 7 x 64. The DAZ3DDIM installer is corrupt. I've tried downloading it in Opera and Chrome, several times, all with the same result. I did install v 1.1, that worked fine but I cannot download my last order unless I upgrade apparently. Upgrading generates the same error. 

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    Madbat said:

No, Win 7 x 64. The DAZ3DDIM installer is corrupt. I've tried downloading it in Opera and Chrome, several times, all with the same result. I did install v 1.1, that worked fine but I cannot download my last order unless I upgrade apparently. Upgrading generates the same error. 

Do you have Malwarebytes in Real-time mode?

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714

Madbat said:

I get the following error when I try to install. 1.4

Error copying packaged file from archive

C:/Users/et-etc/DAZ3D/DAZ3DDIM.exe

abort|retry|ignore.

I cannot unistall whatever mess was installed. It will not run.

Could be Malwarebytes (or some other AV program) blocking the exe.  Happened to me - shutting down MWB and retrying fixed it.

Taoz said:

Madbat said:

abort|retry|ignore.

Could be Malwarebytes (or some other AV program) blocking the exe.  Happened to me - shutting down MWB and retrying fixed it.

Yes, in fact it was Malwarebytes. The program just updated the other day. Odd that it decided to throw a coniption fit. It's never had a problem with DIM before. 

Madbat said:
    Taoz said:

Madbat said:

abort|retry|ignore.

Yes, in fact it was Malwarebytes. The program just updated the other day. Odd that it decided to throw a coniption fit. It's never had a problem with DIM before. 

MWB did the same when I updated DS.  I complained in the MWB forum and they confirmed there was a problem but the latest update hasn't fixed it it seems as it also blocked an update of a 3rd program.

OK, that is good to know in case this happens with something else. I've used MWB for years and this is the first time it's caused issues.

• Sometimes it's best and easier to start from scratch.

Yep! I uninstalled DS and reinstalled to where I want it, checked all paths, and I seem to be there now. Whew! Thanks for your help DrJ!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited July 2020

Here's a request- for something that should already be this way. 

Product Library and DIM supposedly both list products in order by recent purchases. Product Library has that as an option, and so does DIM. THEY SHOULD MATCH. I'm finding I'll be on a page of the Product Library, with the 40 products, and it's a nightmare trying to download (NOT INSTALL) everything from just that page. Here's an example- Say I'm on page 4. I want ONLY page 4 product.  In DIM I'm finding: 

page 4 product (page 4 of Product Library)
    page 4 product
    page 4 product
    page 3 product
    page 5 product
    page 4 product
    page 3 product
    page 3 product
    page 3 product
    page 4 product

You can see how aggravating it is and a WASTE OF TIME when you can't even easily find orders grouped together. WHY IS THIS THE CASE?  Why doesnt DIM match the Product Library sequence when DIM can be set to the most recent purchase, and Product Library can do likewise????

Post edited by Novica on
    Novica said:

Product Library and DIM supposedly both list products in order by recent purchases. Product Library has that as an option, and so does DIM. THEY SHOULD MATCH. I'm finding I'll be on a page of the Product Library, with the 40 products, and it's a nightmare trying to download (NOT INSTALL) everything from just that page. Here's an example- Say I'm on page 4. I want ONLY page 4 product.  In DIM I'm finding: 

page 4 product
    page 4 product
    page 3 product
    page 5 product
    page 4 product
    page 3 product
    page 3 product
    page 3 product
    page 4 product

You can see how aggravating it is and a WASTE OF TIME when you can't even easily find orders grouped together. WHY IS THIS THE CASE?  Why doesnt DIM match the Product Library sequence when DIM can be set to the most recent purchase, and Product Library can do likewise????

It's two different systems probably using different sorting algorithms.  What are you trying to accomplish? 

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    Taoz said:
    Novica said:

page 4 product
    page 4 product
    page 3 product
    page 5 product
    page 4 product
    page 3 product
    page 3 product
    page 3 product
    page 4 product

It's two different systems probably using different sorting algorithms.  What are you trying to accomplish? 

100% agree with Taoz. For one, how would DIM know how many products you have set the product list in the store to show per page?
    If you want to find it in DIM SKU::<Skunumber> is your key.

• hookflashhookflash Posts: 165
    hookflash said:
    hookflash said:
    hookflash said:

Anyone else having issues with content installed via DIM 1.4.0.46 not showing as installed in Smart Content in Daz? I'm having to reimport metadata in Daz every time I install via DIM now, which is pretty annoying. 

Repeatedly or from one session? It's possible, if you closed DS and then opened DIM, that PostgreSQL was not available when DIM was running and so did not get updated.

It's happened with my last 2 purchases, with a reboot in between. The connection between Daz and DIM seems to have gotten broken somehow (but not entirely broken, since I'm still able to reimport metadata to fix things).

Can you check that DS and DIM are still using the same Content Database path?

Yep, confirmed that it's the same CMS path. Really weird. I did a database reset within Daz, so I'll find out next time I make a purchase whether that resolved things (I'm not too hopeful).

This is still happening for me with 1.4.0.58. I have to manually re-import metadata in DS every time I install something through DIM to get it to show up as "installed" in Smart Content. I've checked that DS and DIM have the same content path settings. Am I the only one having this issue? I've tried resetting the database multiple times, not sure what else to try...

Does DIM have rights to start the CMS? (Can be dome anti virus thing stopping it)

• hookflashhookflash Posts: 165
    Totte said:

Does DIM have rights to start the CMS? (Can be dome anti virus thing stopping it)

Thanks for the suggestion! Next time I buy something, I'll try temporarily disabling Windows Defender before installing it.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited July 2020

Taoz said:

100% agree with Taoz. For one, how would DIM know how many products you have set the product list in the store to show per page?
    If you want to find it in DIM SKU::<Skunumber> is your key.

Has nothing to do with how many products per page. They wouldn't be mixed in like that, all the page 3 and page 4 would still be grouped together, without a product bought four or five orders down the line and pages away in the product library tossed in the middle of them. I'm not trying to find an individual item, I have to redownload tons of products and have an organized way of doing it, so I'm doing it by pages and checking off the products. But thanks anyway. :) 

Post edited by Novica on

OK, I had DIM working for one session, then I started getting this type of error:

WARNING: Network Error: F:/Library Archive/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/Downloads/IM00045807-01_RonsFlyingDirtDebrisParticlesPSCC.zip.{c24fe464-f200-7354-183c-fe6276f8c77f}.part :

Could not complete download, file size does not match; 0 != 265608708.. Temporary file removed.

DIM updated, and I recieved the same error. Turned off Malwarebytes, uninstalled DIM, cleaned the registry, reinstalled DIM and got the same error. DIM will no longer even download. I was attempting to move my content to another drive that has previously worked fine for DIM. I've also noticed ALL my content zip files are gone from the DIM download directory. That now means I have far to much content to download manually one at a time. Smart content is not an option either.

edited August 2020

This "WARNING: Network Error: F:/Library Archive/", tells at least me that DIM either cant find, reach or have correctly configuration of it's downloads directory.

Post edited by Totte on
    edited August 2020

It will no longer download content at all. All attempts fail. That directory has been used before, now suddenly DIM can't find it? I tried Daz Central, that thing thinks I need to install Daz Studio, then it just sits there. It seems now my only option to reinstall my content is to go through all my content one by one, and do it manualy. Or Dump Daz all together and call it a loss. I'm going to get rid of everything DAZ, clean my registry, of it, Get rid of DIM, then try this one more time. DIM now even seems to have deleted all my content archives. This is beyond frustrating.

Post edited by Madbat on
  • Madbat said:

OK, I had DIM working for one session, then I started getting this type of error:

WARNING: Network Error: F:/Library Archive/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/Downloads/IM00045807-01_RonsFlyingDirtDebrisParticlesPSCC.zip.{c24fe464-f200-7354-183c-fe6276f8c77f}.part :

Could not complete download, file size does not match; 0 != 265608708.. Temporary file removed.

DIM updated, and I recieved the same error. Turned off Malwarebytes, uninstalled DIM, cleaned the registry, reinstalled DIM and got the same error. DIM will no longer even download. I was attempting to move my content to another drive that has previously worked fine for DIM. I've also noticed ALL my content zip files are gone from the DIM download directory. That now means I have far to much content to download manually one at a time. Smart content is not an option either.

In DIM settings, is the download directory pointed to the correct location?

It is. Nothing was changed. The last two updates seem to have gone haywire. I've now noticed all my archived content zips are gone as well. Basically, I now have no content unless I manually install everything. What should have been a simple operation to move content has completely screwed everything. 

Reseting the download directory generates the same failure to download. Anything that did download failed to install, and popped back into downloads. I've uninstalled DIM, redownloaded and installed it with the same error. Each time I've reinstalled it Malwarebytes has been completely turned off.  

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,217
    edited August 2020

i missed up my DIM.

Can someone let me know what defaults are.  There is not restore defaults button that i can see...

Nevermind, i found a restore option.

Capture.JPG
    609 x 626 - 64K
    Post edited by lilweep on
  • Is there a helper tool that works in reverse?  I want to take some dForce clothes I've made and package them up for DIM compatibility.

• Is there a helper tool that works in reverse?  I want to take some dForce clothes I've made and package them up for DIM compatibility.

https://www.daz3d.com/content-package-assist

https://www.daz3d.com/content-package-assist

Awesome!  Thanks!

• Since a few updates, DIM needs at least 5 to 10 minutes to get ready while it sorts noisily through my folders. My library is huge, btw, but that was never a problem before.
    The DIM download folder is on an external HDD (8TB), and my installed assets are on internal NVMe (2TB - nearly full to the brim).
    Because of the noise, I first thought of a defective HDD, but even the new one has the same issues.
    Has someone of you experienced the same issue recently?
    Or has any tip to help me fix this annoying behavior of DIM?

• Since a few updates, DIM needs at least 5 to 10 minutes to get ready while it sorts noisily through my folders. My library is huge, btw, but that was never a problem before.
    The DIM download folder is on an external HDD (8TB), and my installed assets are on internal NVMe (2TB - nearly full to the brim).
    Because of the noise, I first thought of a defective HDD, but even the new one has the same issues.
    Has someone of you experienced the same issue recently?
    Or has any tip to help me fix this annoying behavior of DIM?

DIM has always taken a fair while to load the lists for me. Are you (or a utility or security application) deleting the .dsx files that sit alongside the zips in the downloads folder? If so DIM will regenerate them, which might account for a sudden slow down.

•  Are you (or a utility or security application) deleting the .dsx files that sit alongside the zips in the downloads folder? If so DIM will regenerate them, which might account for a sudden slow down.

I just checked the .dsx files. Neither I nor any security app deletes them, but it seems that DIM is (now) regenerating them every time I start it. That would explain this behavior.
    Has anyone any idea of how to prevent DIM from regenerating them with every start?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

The .dsx files are regenerated for me every time I open DIM and log in.This is nothing new for me. It has done that for as long as I can remember. It all happens in less than a minute for my approximately 7000 products. Is DIM really not supposed to regenerate them if they exist? I never delete them.

• AbyssalErosAbyssalEros Posts: 289
    edited October 2020

I figured out how to fix it.
    After I realized it is the regenerating of the dsx-files that stress my HDD (Thanks to Richard!), I experimented a bit with a friend. Finally, we figured out that if we give all the dsx-files a read-only attribute, DIM will stop regenerating them.
    Now my DIM is ready in the blink of an eye instead of 10 minutes and without stressing my HDD with a myriad of writing access. All these needless writing is, for sure, not good for any HDD or SDD.

Added: Seems in this way, you cause a minor hiccup with updated assets. DIM will no longer recognize that you installed the updated versions and will tell you next time you open it, that they are updated. To fix that, remove the read-only attribute before installing updates temporarily.

Post edited by AbyssalEros on
  • I figured out how to fix it.
    After I realized it is the regenerating of the dsx-files that stress my HDD (Thanks to Richard!), I experimented a bit with a friend. Finally, we figured out that if we give all the dsx-files a read-only attribute, DIM will stop regenerating them.
    Now my DIM is ready in the blink of an eye instead of 10 minutes and without stressing my HDD with a myriad of writing access. All these needless writing is, for sure, not good for any HDD or SDD.

Please do be aware that it'll interfere with any product updates.