Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 7

Comments

• jamilan-2246581jamilan-2246581 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@GussNemo: Thanks.
    I didn't know I could have a gallery with DAZ when i bought Bryce.
    I was just happy to see the program alive again. Most of my work is already posted elsewhere, actually.
    Once I figure out how to edit my sig I'll put a link to it in there.

@chohole: I've taken a look at the contest page and I'm already intimidated.
    Still, I could look at it as a chance for growth....

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited April 2014

jamilan: Welcome to our forum...yes please do enter the contest... we are all here to have fun... and help each other...nice renders you posted above...here are the directions to edit your avatar and sig. look above this post top of the page click My control Panel...then you will see a menu on the left...what you want will be in blue....Trish

cont.jpg
    1030 x 166 - 72K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,107
    edited December 1969

@David - you have a way of cluttering my kitchen table. ;-P

@hansmar - that came out quite good.

@jamilan - welcome to these forums. Great variety of you artwork. All look good.

@Stuart - thank you. I should have used my older scanner. The new one focuses precisely on the glass with a very narrow DOF, the old one has a DOF of about 5 cm / 2 inches. That's why some texts are a bit blurred, those parts of the box were a mm or 2 above the glass.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,986
    edited December 1969

David- thanks for the radio model and the new video.

Stuart –the boxes look great.

Horo – nice render

Hansmar –lovely spooky image

Jamilan – cool renders and welcome to the forum

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Wow great renders everyone.

I see David has more videos for me to watch. I will have to find the time.

I haven't rendered anything in months thanks to work. but I need to get back into it.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

Really sorry guys. Couldn't resist this one.

Bryce_Krispies.png
    470 x 580 - 397K
    edited December 1969

Horo - I downloaded the HDRI tone-mapping program, I don't think I will use it anytime soon but I picked by the ColCalc - a very handy tool. Thanks

Stuart- very nice render

edited April 2014

Stuart: now that is cool!!!...
    Ok you guys...I opened wings...figured out how to pull up a box now what where are all the tools...Is there a very beginning video??? I think I am way too dumb for this program......Trish

Post edited by Trish on
  • GoshtacGoshtac Posts: 0
    edited April 2014

Hi folks;

Just stopping by to check out some of the new renders - Nice work everyone! (Still upright and breathing) I haven't been around lately as my WIN 7 took a dump so I had to reformat my primary drive and have been reinstalling lots of my software and still not caught up. I guess it is one thing I miss from the days of DOS. Back then you didn't have to reinstall all your programs like today since almost everything is linked into Windows one way or another.

So have a great day folks and Best Wishes for the upcoming weekend.

Bruce

PS: One good thing came out of this WIN 7 crash - finally bit the bullet and installed another terabyte drive I had sitting in a drawer for a year, so now I have 2 terabytes of hard drive space to play with. To think that when I first got into PCs after my C-64 days that we were grateful for a 40 meg hard drive..- Our first PC at my Dept. had 20 megs.. How times have changed. ;-)

PS 2: @ David - I look forward to checking out your video tutorials but still having Video card crashes when I try to look at youtube etc. So I guess it will have to wait until I can get another video card installed. (This video card issue is making me a bit crazy... LOL )

Post edited by Goshtac on
    edited December 1969

Thanks mermaid010 and Trish.
    I think I'll have toast tomorrow.

edited December 1969

hopefully with Blueberry Jam.....

edited April 2014

@Trish.

hopefully with Blueberry Jam…..

Yeah, blueberries are good, and beneficial.

Post edited by StuartB on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Stuart: Cool render, but where's the milk and sugar? Can't have Rice Krispies without those two. ;-)

@Rareth: Good to see you are still around. Hope you have time again to post your work.

@Bruce: Bummer about the PC crashing. And good to see you as well.

@Trish: If you look on You Tube you'll find several tutorials dealing with Wings 3d. You may have to hunt for the beginner ones, but they're there.

Started playing around with JDWildfire, here's the link and tweaked a program generated fractal (flame as they're called). It isn't anything read fancy but I thought it pretty. I threw it into a reflective cube to see how it would look. The ones below are the result. You don't have to use program generated flames as the program allows flames to be created from scratch. And if you can't figure out how to work the program, there a few tutorials on You Tube.

Purple_Fiber_Optics_13.png
    1080 x 810 - 1M
    Purple_Fiber_Optics_8.png
    1080 x 810 - 1015K
    Purple_Fiber_Optics_7.png
    1080 x 810 - 1009K
    Purple_Fiber_Optics_5.png
    1080 x 810 - 951K
    Purple_Fiber_Optics_2.png
    1080 x 810 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Bruce - Hope you pc in up and running soon.

Guss - wow these are awesome, thanks for sharing the link.

• jebsignjebsign Posts: 5
    edited April 2014

Hello Brycers !

Putting this little guy heavy on the wheels to the task of presenting my bryce-work. So far some older work is posted to the Gallery. I plan to continue with newer works towards the present, –and, who knows even the future !

ps. GussNemo, thanks for the help with signature code, I did'nt get it right so below the emergency solution, -and the fiber optics are great !

best of brycing from jens

Gallery: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/27092

mosgzp.jpg
    800 x 533 - 178K
    Post edited by jebsign on
    edited December 1969

@StuartB4 - nicely done. GussNemo has a point, though.

@Trish - following the tutorials is not very difficult and it gets a lot easier once you get tha hang on Wings3D. Working on your own might prove simple or daunting, depending how your imagination works. I struggle with subdivision modeler and I'm more at home with booleans.

@goshtac - bad luck, you're having. So let's hope when it passes, it won't reappear.

@GussNemo - interesting hairy champions.

@jebsign - welcome to our forums. Nice introduction render.

edited December 1969

@mermaid: Thanks. And you're welcome.

@jebsign: Welcome to the forum. Thanks, and you're welcome.

@Horo: Thanks. Once I get the hang of the program, I hope I can create something as interesting from scratch.

edited December 1969

Ok, I've been busy with this for 4 days. Wings3D is not so easy if you want to model to scale and UV map transparent things. It has some funny nd inexplicable quirks. Stubbornness helped. This sliderule is a German design from 1954 I purchased it around 1968. It still works and I haven't even cleaned it before scanning. The flatbed scanner I used could not fully accommodate the slipstick so I had to scan it in parts and assemble them. Not easy rotating them really straight. The sliderule was modeled in Wings3D and the dials UV mapped on it. Some work remained to be done in Bryce but now it works. Slider and cursor can be moved, the computer gives the correct results. It is available for free download from my website (see sig). Go to Raytracing > Resources > Objects Page 1.

The HDRI makes the backdrop and lights the scene. To get the shadows in, the classic shadow capturing method with a infinite width parallel light was used. IBL quality 1024, render time 36 minutes.

AristoStudio.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 365K
  • RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Really good renders here - too many to mention:)

Horo - that is about the most photoreal render I've seen! Couldn't believe it was not a photograph.

Here's me still on straight landscapes; will start getting to grips with skies next:)

landscapeIBL.png
    640 x 480 - 317K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Horo, yes I saw this in the gallery, looks great, a good subject for modeling and presumably it could still be used to do calculations virtually?

Roy, nice landscape, good sense of scale, sky looks great too!

Jamie, they look like some kind of exotic jelly fish. Interesting.

And hello to Jens aka, Jebsign. Welcome to the forum!

I spent some time with Wings 3D yesterday... Anyone care to guess what this might become? (other than a UV mapping headache).

Image1.jpg
    1110 x 586 - 205K
    edited December 1969

@Roygee - thank you. Your landscape looks good. The distant mountains look even great.

@David - thank you. Yes, it works, though it is a bit difficult to set slider and cursor to the correct position in the wire frame view. Your object could be a corrugated roof of some far-east house.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @Roygee - thank you. Your landscape looks good. The distant mountains look even great.

@David - thank you. Yes, it works, though it is a bit difficult to set slider and cursor to the correct position in the wire frame view. Your object could be a corrugated roof of some far-east house.

It is not a house. But it is in the East. Well the East coast...

Image2.jpg
    1103 x 753 - 217K
  • jamilan-2246581jamilan-2246581 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@Trish: Thank you, i got a bit frustrated trying to find the right link. I shouldn't have skipped breakfast.
    I'd post more but i have to focus on this challenge entry now.

@everone: Thanks for the warm welcome!

• dana365dana365 Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

Horo:
    mad skills for sure! the details placed on transparent material is going on my to do list, and all to scale, inspirational to say the least !

edited December 1969

@Horo: Wonderful looking slide rule image.

@Roygee: That's a very nice landscape. And like Horo, the distance mountains are really nice.

@David: Well, it's a roof, to something. You added wood, so, a shed?

Finally gave David's uv mapping tutorial a try. I first tried importing one image at a time but either it won't work that way, or more likely, I wasn't doing it correctly. Anyway, went into GIMP and combined all the images I scanned with our HP printer, cropped the image and imported that into Wings. After a few oopses, I finally got something I was happy with. I've never attempted uv mapping before this, but this helped me understand how to do it the next time.

The image isn't fancy, just a radial light surrounding the scene, Bryce sun, 64 RPP, 4 MRD, soft shadows, and TA. I see some edges aren't quite right, but for my first time I'll keep it.

Ritz_Crackers_Box_1.png
    757 x 757 - 969K
    edited December 1969

GussNemo said:

Well done Jamie, on the UV mapping.

But it is not a shed.

As you can see progress is painfully slow. And I'm really struggling to get these maps right.

Image3.jpg
    702 x 706 - 196K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

GussNemo said:

Well done Jamie, on the UV mapping.

But it is not a shed.

As you can see progress is painfully slow. And I'm really struggling to get these maps right.

It's either a bus shelter or a shelter on the sea front ?

edited April 2014

Horo – thanks for the objects

Roygee –nice landscape

Guss – well done on the UVMapping

David – I think that’s a Japanese change room found on beaches.

Back to abstracts, these kaleidoscope variations were done using this tutorial http://timemit.deviantart.com/art/Bryce-Kaleidoscope-Tutorial-195134287?offset=0#comments

I love Fractals and Abstracts so I give the JWildfire a try. Guss can you please elaborate on what you mean by “I threw it into a reflective cube to see how it would look”

I rendered one, brought it into Bryce using a 2D Face and then placed it in a reflective cube and this is the result… the last one.

wfire1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 38K
    kaleidoscope1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 163K
    kaleidoscope.jpg
    800 x 800 - 97K
    kaleidoscope2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 154K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited December 1969

@David - it can't become a shrine according to year written on the roof.

@dana365 - thank you.

@GussNemo - thank you. The Ritz Crackers look good, I like the floor.

@mermaid010 - thank you, too. Nice abstracts. The first looks like a wheel with spokes and a tyre. The last one could almost go as a sci-fi scene.

edited December 1969

Pam, close...

Jamie, not so close, but nice renders.

Horo, interesting idea but no.

Here's today's WIP this project has absorbed more hours than I care to recount. I'm bundling it off to Forbiddenwhispers now to see if she can do something with my ropey textures. What a UV mapping nightmare!

This is an Octane render, fingers crossed I will have this in Bryce-land before too long.

Todays_progress.jpg
    850 x 850 - 181K
This discussion has been closed.