Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 7

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,940
    edited December 1969

Thanks Sandy, Trish, Horo and Guss for your nice comments.

Sandy - the eagle is so cool, lovely render.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited April 2014
    Random_boxes1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 359K
    Wings_my_box1.jpg
    1005 x 805 - 189K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

David: just wanted to say thank you guess I will be learning about wings after all....LOL...I appreciate you taking the time to look at that for me...Trish

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@David: Another marvelous tutorial. You actually make it look rather easy to uv map. And thanks for the model.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,940
    edited December 1969

Thanks David for the model and the video.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited April 2014

Must watch the video later. Hope you've not taken all these Beechams, David - how many fingers am I holding up ;)

Btw, been fooling around with the Multi-replicate thingy lately also, and noted that one can use the collisionless option (Collision Detection) to avoid objects going into other objects - very handy, didn't know that.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited April 2014

Jamahoney said:
    Must watch the video later. Hope you've not taken all these Beechams, David - how many fingers am I holding up ;)

Btw, been fooling around with the Multi-replicate thingy lately also, and noted that one can use the collisionless option (Collision Detection) to avoid objects going into other objects - very handy, didn't know that.

Jay

Oh, yes, they were a bit collidded... collidy? Anyway, that was just the warm up. Here's something a bit more challenging.

Wings 3D - my second UV map - by David Brinnen

Object https://www.dropbox.com/s/o2nq3zon9n14kdy/My_radio.obp

Radio_render1.jpg
    1133 x 850 - 257K
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

Wow David. You only just convinced me to put the paint brush down and stop painting the bathroom and try a bit of UV mapping.
    I always thought it was a bit confusing, but after watching your first video I was inspired to have a go.
    This is what I ended up with. The video is very easy to understand and everything went to plan.
    I opened the box out flat and scanned it rather than take a photo, it seemed easier to get it nice and straight.
    I will try a bit more UV Mapping, but for now.....back to the bathroom.

Cheerios.jpg
    800 x 600 - 91K
    edited December 1969

StuartB4 said:
    Wow David. You only just convinced me to put the paint brush down and stop painting the bathroom and try a bit of UV mapping.
    I always thought it was a bit confusing, but after watching your first video I was inspired to have a go.
    This is what I ended up with. The video is very easy to understand and everything went to plan.
    I opened the box out flat and scanned it rather than take a photo, it seemed easier to get it nice and straight.
    I will try a bit more UV Mapping, but for now.....back to the bathroom.

Those turned out really well! And good thinking to use the scanner. Thanks for sharing that idea. I don't have a scanner, but I can recommend it in a future video maybe if I think on.

It wouldn't take much to persuade me to put down a paintbrush I am not a fan of decorating. Or gardening for that matter... a job I should be getting on with now.

edited December 1969

Luckily I have a low maintenance garden, but theres no getting away from the decorating.
    Hows the new car going. I noticed you bought a Subaru. My son has moved on from building Honda Civic engines in the kitchen, he's on Honda Integra's now. Has 2 on the go at the minute. He's been relegated to the shed though cos of the decorating. :)

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 842
    edited December 1969

Wow! David that looks really real.

And Wow! Stuart that looks real, too.

Amazing.

edited April 2014

StuartB4 said:
    Luckily I have a low maintenance garden, but theres no getting away from the decorating.
    Hows the new car going. I noticed you bought a Subaru. My son has moved on from building Honda Civic engines in the kitchen, he's on Honda Integra's now. Has 2 on the go at the minute. He's been relegated to the shed though cos of the decorating. :)

The Subaru, er, I've done an oil change, along with oil, fuel, air and cabin filters. Took of the wipers and given them a little respray. My mate has repaired the damage to the wheel arch where the previous owners wife backed it into a fence post. Topped up the coolant. And checked how long it is since the brake fluid was replaced. All looks good so far. I've got a tow bar to fit and MOT at the end of next month. Will know more what I've got myself into by then. I've lent the car to my mate (the one who fixed the wheel arch) so he can pick up something bulky (can't get much in the back of his Audi A8 (4.2 Ltr V8 350 bhp - nice). Mines a more practical choice (WRX estate+roof bars 2ltr turbo 225 bhp - also nice and a nicer shade of blue). Oh... I also took the rear wheels off and cleaned out all the mud that was stuck up inside the arch and around the springs and painted it with under-seal. So just general tinkering and fettling really.

@Electro-Elvis, thank you, yeah it really helps using photo's for the mats in terms of realism, but in a way it is also kinda cheating I feel...

edited April 2014

David: so you now have an Audi to Drive...cool be careful .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfS8iz2NaLE I guess London is dangerous....
    Stuart: wow now I have to get something to eat...while I am listening to my radio.....looking good...Trish

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

David: so you now have an Audi to Drive...cool be careful .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfS8iz2NaLE I guess London is dangerous....
    Stuart: wow now I have to get something to eat...while I am listening to my radio.....looking good...Trish

No... I won't be driving the Audi, I'll stick with my own car thanks! I don't really like to drive other peoples cars. My insurance will cover it but only at third party. If I wanted something with a better power to weight ratio, I'd dig out my motorcycle - but then again... do I really want more metal in my body?

edited December 1969

David: I can understand that....by the laws in UK who's fault do you think it was???? I just can't believe that guy killed a 500,000.00 car..I would be sick for sure...Trish

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2014

Driving in London isn't really dangerous, no more dangerous than driving else where really.

I did it for 14 years, full time. I was an Area manager and my patch covered all parts of London really, From Richmond Park in the South west, to Hyde Park, St James and Kensington Gardens in Central London, to Regent's Park in the Nrth west of London and Greenwich Park to the South East, plus my company offices were in East London by Tower bridge. 14 years and no accidents.

David: I can understand that....by the laws in UK who's fault do you think it was???? I just can't believe that guy killed a 500,000.00 car..I would be sick for sure...Trish

I actually watched this one happen http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/676172.stm My son cried, as he had always dreamed of owning one of them cars.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited April 2014

Pam: that's a really great driving record....that was my job in Germany driving...got to see a lot of the country that way...which was really cool....I got over 100,000 accident free miles over there ...here though I have had 2 accidents but not for a long time and nothing like the video either....Trish p.s. I think if I had the money to own a car like that I would buy a really nice horse instead..with a really neat barn and some land and a neat house...ect...LOL

Post edited by Trish on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,056
    edited December 1969

@StuartB4 - good work.

I also had a look at the UV-mapping video. I didn't want to cut up that ancient box - I have it for at over 40 years and when I got it, it was about as old already. So I scanned the 6 sides. In UV-Mapper, I created a box and gave it the dimensions, then saved the file - which I had to convert to RGB. Then I assembled the UV map. The rest is as per video.

ArcoCombi02.jpg
    1600 x 1067 - 261K
    edited December 1969

Pam: that's a really great driving record....that was my job in Germany driving...got to see a lot of the country that way...which was really cool....I got over 100,000 accident free miles over there ...here though I have had 2 accidents but not for a long time and nothing like the video either....Trish p.s. I think if I had the money to own a car like that I would buy a really nice horse instead..with a really neat barn and some land and a neat house...ect...LOL

I have been driving for far too many years now, and only one small accident in all that time, which wasn't really my fault. I drove mostly "old bangers" when I wasn't driving a company car. We now have a Toyota Carina, which is probably the most luxurious car either of us have owned, but it is 1994 model, and we bought it only 7 years or so ago,

I agree with you, I would rather invest that much money in a house or something, preferably one without any stairs and a nice sized patch of garden. Not sure about the horse, although I love riding I haven't done any for a few years now.

edited April 2014

Horo: protection contact current....Is all I can read is that right ...looks to be a plug in with a screw in attachment???...made in Koblenz with a patent....Trish p.s. this is fun do another...

Post edited by Trish on
    edited April 2014

Horo said:
    @StuartB4 - good work.

I also had a look at the UV-mapping video. I didn't want to cut up that ancient box - I have it for at over 40 years and when I got it, it was about as old already. So I scanned the 6 sides. In UV-Mapper, I created a box and gave it the dimensions, then saved the file - which I had to convert to RGB. Then I assembled the UV map. The rest is as per video.

Yes I would not recommend cutting up such an interesting old box, I wanted mostly to show the practical unwrapping process. I've got an adapter somewhere that lets you plug something intended for the ring main into a light socket - which is not of course a wise thing to do partly because old lighting circuits don't have earth wires and also because the current carrying capacity of lighting circuits is limited. That's what I am guessing this is?

Oh, also, nice render? But I didn't know you could use UV-Mapper to create boxes! Or did you use Wings? No, UV mapper... I see that now, I just fired up the program and found the option. Cool!

edited December 1969

@Trish - haha, this was actually a device to steal electricity: put this thing between the bulb and the socket and you can connect two apparatuses and still have light. The use was prohibited eventually and you can't buy it anymore - for obvious reasons. But it can come in handy if you have to work in a room without a wall socket - which is equally difficult to find nowadays except in an old barn in the alps. I kept it for historical reasons.

edited December 1969

@David - yeah, no earth and not suitable for current hungry appliances.

edited December 1969

@David: You sure do have a lot of cotton causing you problems. Hope it leaves soon. Again, another very easy video to follow. And wonderful results. Thanks for another fine model.

@Sturart: Great job with the mapping and image. Sure hope you're getting more paint on the walls than yourself. ;-)

@Horo: That's a nice image of your keepsake.

I cannot see spending that kind of money for a car. That's enough money to buy a nice home. But now having to pay to fix three other cars as well as that one, oy, what an expense.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,740
    edited December 1969

Hi all,

I know I keep being extremely far behind on everybody. Time to burn some matches, but no books!
    Great works and freebies, David!

Very nice what other people have done, either with those things or their own projects.

I finally got to work on the Spooky scene theme. Here is my version. Maybe not as spooky as I thought. Perhaps the density of the material not enough. There are many things to play with in this set-up. Think about coloured fog?

I will probably keep playing with this for a while!

Spooky1.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 358K
  • jamilan-2246581jamilan-2246581 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I happened upon this thread while searching for a palm tree tutorial.
    The tree lab is currently the bane of my Brycian existence.
    Anyway, after going through some of the submissions here i thought I'd throw in my two cents.
    Three if you count the mulligan that is AP10.

Amateur_Piece_10.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 315K
    Recess_Over_Repositioned.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 283K
    Amateur_Piece_22_-_Waystation.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 218K
    edited December 1969

@David.

The Subaru, er, I’ve done an oil change, along with oil, fuel, air and cabin filters. Took of the wipers and given them a little respray. My mate has repaired the damage to the wheel arch where the previous owners wife backed it into a fence post. Topped up the coolant. And checked how long it is since the brake fluid was replaced. All looks good so far. I’ve got a tow bar to fit and MOT at the end of next month. Will know more what I’ve got myself into by then. I’ve lent the car to my mate (the one who fixed the wheel arch) so he can pick up something bulky (can’t get much in the back of his Audi A8 (4.2 Ltr V8 350 bhp - nice). Mines a more practical choice (WRX estate+roof bars 2ltr turbo 225 bhp - also nice and a nicer shade of blue). Oh… I also took the rear wheels off and cleaned out all the mud that was stuck up inside the arch and around the springs and painted it with under-seal. So just general tinkering and fettling really.

Glad everything is ok with it. Nothing worse than buying a car only to be dissapointed when you get to really look it over properly.
    Hope your mate looks after it while he's borrowing it.

@Trish - Thanks very much.

@electro-elvis - Thanks very much.

@Horo - Thanks very much, your looks more real as it has the creases, rips and natural wear and tear.

@GussNemo - Thanks very much.

edited April 2014

@jamilan: Welcome to the forum. Those three are very nice images. Water is great in the first and third, and love the colors in the abstract. Ever thought of posting your work in the Gallery? Hope to see more of your work.

@hansmar: Darn, I forgot you spooky image. Like its look.

Post edited by GussNemo on
    edited December 1969

jamilan said:
    I happened upon this thread while searching for a palm tree tutorial.
    The tree lab is currently the bane of my Brycian existence.
    Anyway, after going through some of the submissions here i thought I'd throw in my two cents.
    Three if you count the mulligan that is AP10.

Hi jamilan. Don't forget to take a look at the Bryce Challenge as well http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/38432/

We have a special prize for the best Bryce New User.

This discussion has been closed.