Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 7

Comments

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Dave: love the poster and the wording...too funny!!! how in the world do you come up with this stuff...LOL....Trish

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Dave: love the poster and the wording...too funny!!! how in the world do you come up with this stuff...LOL....Trish

I have plenty of spare time as I sit here in my padded cell. :lol:
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,056
    edited December 1969

I have plenty of spare time as I sit here in my padded cell. :lol:

I hope you keep on sitting in your padded cell with a lot of spare time. What you do is, for me at least, most entertaining. Cool chap this Allan.
  • dana365dana365 Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

TheSavage64:
    Awesome! I like everything about that!

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Trish: Sketchup is a nice program once you learn how it works. Plus, there's a free version, which my wallet loves. Getting models into Bryce isn't hard because Bryce imports .dae files. I did have some troubles importing my recent model because Sketchup does some funny things if operations aren't carried out properly. I found a work around by importing everything into Mesh Lab then exporting them as .obj files. I had thought of using Wings to reassemble everything, but found out when they imported into Bryce they were no longer separate objects. Also, while in Wings I found out several of my objects were not one piece but two pieces. So I combined those while there. And if you happen to wood work, Sketchup is great for drawing up detailed plans.

@Sandy: Your latest scene is really looking better.

@Horo: Congrats on the new products.

@Dave: Always love the posters you create. Guess those three are the original skin heads. ;-)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Heads up for those of you who like free Xfrog trees and plants. THey have changed the selection of free ones

http://xfrog.com/category/samples.html

edited March 2014

Guss: I might give that program a go ...I have it although it is rather dusty at the moment.....another unused item on my desktop....

Pam: thanks for letting us know about the free plants....edit...I did find a cool looking watermelon plant and some others I could not live without...LOL

Horo: you are welcome ....I really enjoy your products....hopefully this will put a down payment on that snow shovel you will be needing...LOL

Post edited by Trish on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Working outside all week in the wind and the rain blessed me with a cold for over the weekend. Delightful. Yesterday was a right off, but today I've managed to get back onto project UV mapping in Wings.

If you want the model it is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/9iybirh43cqjde5/Matchbox1.obp

If I've uploaded the wrong one, do let me know. My head is still full of cotton wool.

Matchbox_render1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 149K
    edited December 1969

David: hope you feel better soon......Thanks for the neat prop.......Trish

mb.jpg
    1200 x 583 - 546K
  • RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Here's my first attempt at a full terrain scene - then I tried to get fancy with IBL and the Sky Lab; lost the plot somewhere along the way and got the distance haze in the foreground and the supposed- to- be- far- away- mountains stuck out like a sore thumb!

Onward and upward on the learning curve - great fun!

fioord1.jpg
    640 x 480 - 35K
    edited March 2014

@David - nice matchbox, thanks a bundle. Get well soon.

@Trish - very nice floor you've put the matchbox on.

@Roygee - you're making progress. Though IBL is the easiest way to light a scene (most of the time anyway), I wouldn't start with it. Just stick with the sun for outdoor scenes until you got the hang of sky colour, haze and clouds. That'll keep you busy for a moment.

Speaking of HDRI reminds me that I've been working the last week to debug and finish my simple HDRI tone-mapping program I started last September, and write up the documentation. It only takes 3 minutes to tone-map a 450 Mpx 96-bit file to a 24-bit one. It is free and can be found on my website (see sig) under Bryce Documents > Programs > Light.

Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

@David: Thanks for the model. Hope you start feeling better soon.

@Trish: That turned out well. Did you borrow or create the material for the ground plane? It looks really good.

@Roygee: From the looks of that scene you are starting to get the hang of Bryce.

edited December 1969

Probably not such a good idea how to use the matches ...

Match.jpg
    800 x 600 - 26K
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Probably not such a good idea how to use the matches ...

I wondered how long it would take, I thought it was going to be Dave though...

OK put the matches away now! I don't want to see any burning books!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jv0qhyrj2g3q14x/Manual1.obp

Bryce5_manual1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 127K
    edited March 2014

Why David......I left out the whole book because it would not be right...but I could not help myself.......Are you trying to say you want a update????.....on both???....Trish

fire.jpg
    704 x 432 - 244K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

Why David......I left out the whole book because it would not be right...but I could not help myself.......Trish

Tut tut... honestly... I don't know...

Also, the manual and the matches were made to scale. And it looks like you've made the manual bigger (or the matches smaller) although, that would still be the manual being bigge because the matches are a standard size.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Huh, I didn't even get to burn mine....corrupt file or other ;)

Jay

Burnt.jpg
    1070 x 695 - 342K
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    Huh, I didn't even get to burn mine....corrupt file or other ;)

Jay

Nice burnt match effect!

Which file is corrupt? I will re-save and re-upload.

edited December 1969

The match images are all nice, though setting fire to a useful book would have been the last thing on the list.:lol:

@Trish: Fire effect is really nice.

@Jay: I saw that effect once after dropping a box of matches.

@David: Your models are really nice, and thank you for them. Any secrets you'd like to share?

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,940
    edited December 1969

Dave -funny poster. Love all your work

Pam – thanks for the link, maybe I can get some cool stuff for my second spring challenge ;)

Roygee – nice scene

David – thanks for the models. Hope you are feeling much better.

Trish, Horo, Jay – playing with matches, now isn’t that dangerous.

Horo- Thanks for the HDRI tone-mapping program

My attempt on David’s Rendering trees on a terrain tutorial using materials from the presets http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N4aJ-pmdF0

treesonterrain.jpg
    1028 x 771 - 97K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited March 2014

"Which file is corrupt?"

Ah, sorry, David...the file was just fine. I have a warped sense of humour, and so was kidding around with the matches coming through the download as burnt :red:

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 1969

This is really dumb...in fact so dumb and not on the topic I am not sure .... to post this or not..... http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/28462/P855/#577656 heres the deal....I made a model in Bryce and want to use it in Darkside or rather convert it to be used in Poser.....I am taking any and all ideas on this.....I am way too dumb to figure it out on my own.....Trish

• SandySimsSandySims Posts: 52
    edited December 1969

@mermaid - Gorgeous render. I clearly need to watch that one next!

Okay, here's my latest take on my scene. I've got to do something about the tree line, but I've added the eagle to the picture.

Starting_Point4.jpg
    858 x 573 - 120K
    edited December 1969

Mermaid: very neat landscape
    Sandy: looks like that eagle has spotted a fish.....

• SandySimsSandySims Posts: 52
    edited December 1969

That's the effect I was going for! :)

edited December 1969

@David - thanks for the book, mine doesn't look so nice anymore.

@Trish - Nice fire effect, the subject on fire is wrong. You want to use an object made in Bryce in DS or Poser (funny idea). Export as OBJ is all the advice I can give.

@Jay - nicely done.

@mermaid010 - nice landscape with rich vegetation. And you're more than welcome. Hope you find it useful.

@Sandy - you do make progress. Now we have shadows.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Did this one foor a silly thread in the Commons and thought I would put it here as well

Make Art Button

make_art.jpg
    900 x 675 - 233K
    edited March 2014

@Pam - now that thread isn't silly anymore. ;-)

Post edited by Horo on
    edited March 2014

Pam: If it is that easy I need to buy one of those buttons.....are they in the store....LOL

Horo: no this whole stupid thing started because of share cg...I modeled a prop and the people want me to make it so it would work in Darkside and Poser.....and you know me I said....What....I don't know how to do that.....LOL...but David said he would have a look so ...maybe next time I will know how if they ask....I only model in Bryce in .obp format

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

@mermaid: That place must get plenty of rain. It's sure green. Looks real nice.

@Sandy: The eagle, and its shadow, is a real nice touch. The tree line looks a bit to uniform, at least to me. Perhaps scattering the trees more might help?

@Pam: So that's my problem, no Make Art Button. You don't by any chance have one for straight lines do you?

This discussion has been closed.