WinterMoon Wants Attention.

Comments

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893
    edited April 2020

I was bored, here are some renders. Click them for very large version.

Edit: How come some will align nicely side by side, when you resize them to be less than 500 pixels wide, and others refuse? I'll just post them at maximum allowed size, then!

Post edited by WinterMoon on

I don't know if you even recognise Tara, since she's rarely as casually modern as this. This is who she really is, though. I wanted to do a picture of her modern self, with her mom, Agnes. 

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

Very nice!

Dana

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,767

^ I like it! Your character work is lovely as usual!

Minor critiques: I think the two faces might be just a tad too similar. And I like the moody light, but I can't quite tell what time of day it's supposed to be. It looks a little day-for-night.

edited May 2020
    DanaTA said:

Very nice!

Thank you!

Hylas said:

^ I like it! Your character work is lovely as usual!

Thanks! laugh

Hylas said:

Minor critiques: I think the two faces might be just a tad too similar. And I like the moody light, but I can't quite tell what time of day it's supposed to be. It looks a little day-for-night.

Yeah, they're too much alike. I'll have to work on Agnes some more, so I can show her as a younger woman and have people see that it's actually not Tara. It's apparently meant to be noon lighting, with the sun pretty high up overhead, but it's a little... I guess cold is the word that pops into my head when I look at it. That HDRI has a lot of different settings, so I'll see if lowering the sun makes things better. I knew I wanted to do another version anyway.

Bring back the 90s! Music was better, TV was better and people weren't hissing and spitting so much.

We went down to the storm drain, down to where the third body was found. He was the third to be found that summer, not the third to ever drown in our hometown's cavernous water system. The other two weren't found in the water, for that matter. One was discovered at the train station, beneath a luggage rack, and one near a radio tower. More than three people died during the summer, but only these three died without a cause of death.

edited May 2020

Being out of character (and style) was stressful for Nernia and T'ana. They needed some fashion-shoot therapy to get back to feeling like themselves. Aren't they such style icons?

Nice!

Dana

Thank you Dana!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Really nice renders!!

Really nice renders!!

Thanks, Sapphire! I've been so out of inspiration lately, it's been hard to come up with even simple ideas for pictures. surprise

What? Almost a month without begging for attention? This isn't like me? Anyway...

You know how I've been saying that I have a bunch of OCs that are actually much better characters than the cast of The Dumbest Story? And how I say that I should make models for them? Well, here's one. Or... here's a prototype of one of them. She's going to need some further tweaks, and then there's the small but important step of choosing her "default" materials, so people can actually tell that this isn't Riana or Tara.

Yes, her right foot is doing something stupid. I couldn't fix it without wayyyy too much nonsense for a test render session.

This is Anna (or Annie) Riley. She's not named after me, or meant to be a self-insert in any way. By the time I made up "TigerAnne" as a username, this character had already existed for a good few years. Oh, and she has indeed had several incarnations as a Sim.

Annie's the youngest of four siblings. She lives in a place which resembles the England that exists in detective dramas. Her theme song is Out From Under, but it refers more to her life in general than to a romantic relationship. (She's very single-target towards one particular guy. He's a good guy, though.)

Nnnnaaaah... that's not quite it, either. And I've already got a couple of characters using this skin material. I like the eyes, though. The eyes stay.

Very nice, anyway!

Dana

Thanks, Dana! heart I think I've made a small break-through by finding a pair of eyebrows that are more "her." Render shall follow, but it's (long past) bedtime.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited June 2020

Those eyes are stunning! What character are they from (looks a bit like Mousso's work but I could be way off)?

Post edited by 3Diva on

Those eyes are stunning! What character are they from (looks a bit like Mousso's work but I could be way off)?

heart Yes, they're Mousso's work, Melanthe to be specific. My favourite dark brown eyes, hands down.

edited June 2020

Now that's more like it! She needed angrier eyebrows. laugh Her hair looks weird because I used two different shaders on it, and I forgot to adjust the shine on some parts. Oops. Still, just a test render.

edited June 2020

heart Yes, they're Mousso's work, Melanthe to be specific. My favourite dark brown eyes, hands down.

Nice! I thought that was probably her work. From skin, to eyes, to the characters' morphs themselves she does incredible work. :) She's definitely one of my all-time favorite PAs - one of the top 3 I'd say. And she's super sweet to boot! :D I'm glad you're injecting some of her beautiful work into turning your OC Annie to 3D model form. 

Post edited by 3Diva on

She's definitely one of my all-time favorite PAs - one of the top 3 I'd say. And she's super sweet to boot! :D I'm glad you're injecting some of her beautiful work into bringing your OC Annie to 3D model form. 

Mousso is probably my favourite "human maker" PA. I think most of my characters have eyes by her. Eyes can really make or break a character, so I'm very picky. Sometimes the render just doesn't play nice, though...

She's definitely one of my all-time favorite PAs - one of the top 3 I'd say. And she's super sweet to boot! :D I'm glad you're injecting some of her beautiful work into bringing your OC Annie to 3D model form. 

Mousso is probably my favourite "human maker" PA. I think most of my characters have eyes by her. Eyes can really make or break a character, so I'm very picky.

Yeah, I totally agree! Eyes can definitely be the "it" factor that makes or breaks a character.

(Yes, I screwed up the composition/proportions just to get some of the embroidery on the top in the frame. Art has no rules, right??)

I had to see just how similar Annie was to Tara (left), because while I was dialing her I kept getting the feeling that I was almost recreating Tara step-by-step. Thankfully I don't think they're too identical. Of course, now my brain is telling me that Tara isn't accurate enough, and she needs some more adjustments to look like I see her in my mind. And I'm like "No, Brain. You shut up. We've got at least 50 more characters who need models. You know? Even passable models?"

Annie and Tara did originate from different evolutionary paths of the same idea, more than a decade apart. I suppose that's why they share some physical traits. Tara popped into my head when I was 12 or 13. She was a waifish girl, pale and scrawny with short, shaggy jet-black hair and dark eyes. Originally she was one of several children in a family who had died from plague(!?), but I liked her name and the general idea of the character so much that she got permanently ressurected shortly after. I still knew that she had to inhabit a world that was perilous and slightly chaotic, and so I came up with the idea of this place that had taken it's own separate journey through the past century, where the rules were always a little off. 

Annie started as a gender-bent counterpart to a male OC. (Actually, so did Tara. O.O) The male character is scrawny and physically frail, which translated as Annie being skinnier than what's considered healthy. She gets a lot of grief about it, and has a hard time getting well-intentioned people to believe her when she says it's not on purpose. (No, her name is not symbolic, I literally didn't pick up on the "Ana" thing when I named her.) There's a bit of the same waif-vibe to her as Tara. Annie's a restless soul who spends a lot of time roaming, looking for answers. She leaves home young, to get away from external influences that are making her life hard, and ends up living in a place that's a bit more troubled than where she came from. Where she technically belongs, she doesn't quite fit in, and where she fits in, she's always aware in the back of her mind that she doesn't really belong.

Dude, I really need to get writing again.

Another character has gained visible form! This is Guinevere. She is a perfectly ordinary young woman who just happens to have an intense dislike for incorrect grammar. It causes physical discomfort to her, in the form of a powerful urge to scratch at her skin to eradicate an itch that's not really there. Don't ask. If you've felt it, you know what it's like. 

This didn't come out as I had hoped, because the surrounding cliffs block out most of the light. I like the little bit of sunshine on her nose, though.

edited June 2020

Very pretty character, @WinterMoon! :D You might tweak her translucency settings a little. It looks a bit high - her fingertips look like they are just about glowing with light coming through. She's really cute! :) 

Post edited by 3Diva on

Very pretty character, @WinterMoon! :D You might tweak her translucency settings a little. It looks a bit high - her fingertips look like they are just about glowing with light coming through. She's really cute! :) 

Thank you! Yeah, that was my thoughts exactly. "Her fingers look like French resin!" surprise 

Today I had the urge to do something entirely different. I started dialing a character model with no real idea of what he was supposed to look like, only that he had to look like he could be a journalist, and that he needed to have a somewhat memorable face.

I present to you Ruben Brinley-Tannhauser. He's an investigative journalist. After his best friend died of salmonella (don't eat leftover hot-dogs after soccer games), Ruben dealt with the loss of the brother he never had by doing what he does best. He took a long, close look into his late friend's background, and came up with a startling revelation: He couldn't find a single ounce of tragedy in his whole life. Not until the hot-dog affair, anyway. The deceased Stuart came from a family that had not experienced any untimely deaths since the 19th century. They lived in a hometown not known to have a single homicidal cult. It was located in the only county in the whole country to never experience a mass-murder. Ruben was flabbergasted. How good were these people at hiding their evil deeds? 

Although he was still grieving Stuart's demise, Ruben knew he'd found his mission in life. There were unknowable amounts of wrongdoings and deceit waiting for him to expose it. He convinced his boss that he was onto the scoop of the century, and has gone under deep-cover in the creepy little coastal town where everyone seems to have roses in their gardens. Is it symbolic? He thinks so, he's just not sure of what. But he will find out..!

Click here to see Ruben not liking it by the ocean.

Click here to see Ruben not liking it in the woods.

Oh no, I have a new favourite model! Maybe you think gothic pants with decorative rings on them is a strange choice for a walk in the countryside, and maybe you're right. That's just how Annie rolls, though.

What the...?

Yep, this is Edgar. In a pair of furry shorts, and his beer belly exposed to the elements. Or the elements exposed to shirtless Edgar. crying This is how a rogue time-traveller spends his vacation.

Let's meet a proper fashion icon, shall we? This is Sonny. He's not to be trusted with dressing himself. Sonny believes he truly embodies the concept of being Old Skool Cool, but sadly he hasn't quite gotten the hang of keeping his periodes and styles straight, at least when it comes to clothing. Cars on the other hand, that's something he knows well. He spends more time keeping his old-timer impeccably shiny than he does eating, sleeping and looking for love. Sonny is a hopeless romantic.

My favourite thing about this picture is the reflection on the hood. laugh View in full size to see how deranged he looks in it.

"Come on! Let's go for a ride!"

Hai guise. This is... This... It's Rocky Beautiful. He's a musician, and no, he doesn't know who this "Edgar" is. This was an in-joke between my partner-in-creative-crimes and myself, but I thought I should let you all see the sexiness that resulted. I'm generous like that.

This was meant to be a series of three pictures, but the last one throws an error at me. Maybe that's the Universe saying that there's been enough exposed Edgar beer-belly here for one thread.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,120

Does Edgar actually know how to play guitar? If so, I could help you out with that second pose.