[Released] Clothing Converter from Genesis 8 Female to Genesis 3 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• kgrosserkgrosser Posts: 141

Any chance of making a bundle of all of these? (Not that it'll help me now, but...)

Unfortunately not.  Unless it is for a very special reason, Daz only allows bundles on release of products, and it needs to be 3 products.

Not that'll be of help you now, but DAZ sometimes includes their products with of these  "buy 2 of one vendor and get xx%, buy 3 and get xx%" offers on DAZ.

• Serious7 said:
    I just purchased the clothing converter G8F to G3F and I cannot make it work.

I use 4.12. All I see is an exclamation mark. Clicking the icon creates an error message. An error occurred while reading......

I answered on the Look At Me thread.  It looks like you have a configuration problem.  Let's work with that product, which is simpler, first.

Hello, same problem her (yet, I KNOW I had it working the last time and the other5 converters work - its just the clothing G8 to G3 which bugs me)
    Anyway, if you have a fix, can you please link towards the thread in mentio? The forum search function is not really soemthing that helps. Also, I gather the instructions work also for people not having that particular product, and, why would it be simpler if the steps were the same?

BTW. I just installed manually as a second package through "Content package Assist" and that worked fine. Loolink closer, I now have 2 products - the original with space between "Genesis" and "3"/"8" (borked) and the new one without (working). Give mne butter and salt for my broom, but I coul imagine it's caused by path length limitation on Windows.

Here is where we discuss it: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5208346/#Comment_5208346 ; For @Serious7, I believe it turned out to be a CMS (content management system, i.e., database) problem.

• Any chance of making a bundle of all of these? (Not that it'll help me now, but...)

Unfortunately not.  Unless it is for a very special reason, Daz only allows bundles on release of products, and it needs to be 3 products.

Not that'll be of help you now, but DAZ sometimes includes their products with of these  "buy 2 of one vendor and get xx%, buy 3 and get xx%" offers on DAZ.

Those sales are fine by me!  smiley  But Daz controls all sales like that.  The PAs do not provide any input.

• kgrosserkgrosser Posts: 141
    edited February 2020

Those sales are fine by me!  smiley  But Daz controls all sales like that.  The PAs do not provide any input.

Sorry for the confusion. That was more intended towards the initial requester. I hence included the request in the quote, but appremtly got not transferred. As I said, this forum is all but intuitive to handle...;)

Post edited by kgrosser on
  • Niether the converter for G8 to G3 nor G3 to G8 work for me. After conversion and then try to put the items on, they end up in a warped ball 3 meters away from actors. Not happy with this.

• thedoctorthedoctor Posts: 195

I really appreciate the G8M to G3M converter and have succeeded on several clothing items. However, I'm finding I can't convert this battleworn armor: https://www.daz3d.com/battleworn-armor-for-genesis-8-male Is it possible to convert this to G3M?

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,362

Niether the converter for G8 to G3 nor G3 to G8 work for me. After conversion and then try to put the items on, they end up in a warped ball 3 meters away from actors. Not happy with this.

Hi @fstephan944, I am very sorry.  I just saw this post.  Did you perhaps move the characters before starting the conversion process?  The figures need to be used as they would be when loaded, i.e., at the origin and in the default pose. 

thedoctor said:

I really appreciate the G8M to G3M converter and have succeeded on several clothing items. However, I'm finding I can't convert this battleworn armor: https://www.daz3d.com/battleworn-armor-for-genesis-8-male Is it possible to convert this to G3M?

What issue are you seeing?  The high shoulders will bend when posing if that is the issue you are talking about.

thedoctor said:

What issue are you seeing?  The high shoulders will bend when posing if that is the issue you are talking about.

By the way, I appreciate how supportive you are of all your products. In this case what is happening is that when I run the script on any of the components of this item it runs and does not produce anything. As I said, I'm able to convert other clothing but there must be something about this item that is preventing it from working. -- at least on my machine. Any thoughts?

thedoctor said:
    thedoctor said:

By the way, I appreciate how supportive you are of all your products. In this case what is happening is that when I run the script on any of the components of this item it runs and does not produce anything. As I said, I'm able to convert other clothing but there must be something about this item that is preventing it from working. -- at least on my machine. Any thoughts?

You're welcome on the support!  I try to back all my products up.

For your specific issue, I would need to see the Daz Log.

thedoctor said:
    thedoctor said:

You're welcome on the support!  I try to back all my products up.

For your specific issue, I would need to see the Daz Log.

Ah, that makes sense. I'll follow up and get back to you with the log after I give it another shot. THANKS

• mavantemavante Posts: 734
    edited June 2020

Your new Genesis 3 Female wardrobe is completely Smart Content aware! They will show up when you select a Genesis 3 Female. Plus, all materials shown in Smart Content for your Genesis 8 Female item will show for your converted Genesis 3 Female item.

In my first use of this, I've had a different experience, and perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

1. I successfully converted dForce Eleyna Outfit for Genesis 8 Female, my selected output folder being My Daz Content/People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Converted From G8F
    2. In my Content Library tab, the folder that the converter created at that path is named just "Elena Outfit." It contains the dress and the accessories (arm bands, etc.).
    3. With a G3F in a new scene and selected, and Smart Content checked for "Filter By Content," no "Eleyna Outfit" or "dForce Eleyna Outfit" appears at all in Smart Content, so of course no materials for it, either.
    4. I can navigate in my Content Library tab to the converted folder, and am able to load the converted dress and accessories onto the G3F character. If I then go back into Smart Content (with "Filter By Content" unchecked), and navigate to the original product for G8F, I can select the converted dress in the Scene panel, and apply one of the alternate materials supplied with the original product—but ...
    5. I cannot apply the alternate materials supplied for the Eleyna outfit that come with this product: Tanith Character with Outfit Textures for Genesis 8 Female.

Naturally, those are the materials I wanted to be able to use with the outfit. frown

So actually what I've described that I have questions about is twofold:

A. Any idea why the converted outfit and its materials aren't appearing in Smart Content, and
    B. Why won't the materials supplied for that outfit with the Tanith character apply?

Thanks.

Post edited by mavante on
    mavante said:

Your new Genesis 3 Female wardrobe is completely Smart Content aware! They will show up when you select a Genesis 3 Female. Plus, all materials shown in Smart Content for your Genesis 8 Female item will show for your converted Genesis 3 Female item.

In my first use of this, I've had a different experience, and perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

1. I successfully converted dForce Eleyna Outfit for Genesis 8 Female, my selected output folder being My Daz Content/People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Converted From G8F
    2. In my Content Library tab, the folder that the converter created at that path is named just "Elena Outfit." It contains the dress and the accessories (arm bands, etc.).
    3. With a G3F in a new scene and selected, and Smart Content checked for "Filter By Content," no "Eleyna Outfit" or "dForce Eleyna Outfit" appears at all in Smart Content, so of course no materials for it, either.
    4. I can navigate in my Content Library tab to the converted folder, and am able to load the converted dress and accessories onto the G3F character. If I then go back into Smart Content (with "Filter By Content" unchecked), and navigate to the original product for G8F, I can select the converted dress in the Scene panel, and apply one of the alternate materials supplied with the original product—but ...
    5. I cannot apply the alternate materials supplied for the Eleyna outfit that come with this product: Tanith Character with Outfit Textures for Genesis 8 Female.

Naturally, those are the materials I wanted to be able to use with the outfit. frown

A. Any idea why the converted outfit and its materials aren't appearing in Smart Content, and
    B. Why won't the materials supplied for that outfit with the Tanith character apply?

Thanks.

1. You need to look for the converted clothing in the FILES Smart Content, not the PRODUCTS Smart Content. 

2.  I don't know why those outfit textures do not work.  They must not be set up for the correct compatibility.  Do they work for the original outfit?

• mavantemavante Posts: 734
    edited June 2020
    mavante said:

Thanks.

1. You need to look for the converted clothing in the FILES Smart Content, not the PRODUCTS Smart Content. 

Thanks for your quick reply. Before I saw it I was actually coming back here to report that I did accidentally find the converted items in "Local User"—while in Smart Content Product mode. But of course there the outfit and the accessories are listed in the separate categories of "Wardrobe" and "Accessories. I'll know now to look in the Files mode of Smart Content. Thanks.

2.  I don't know why those outfit textures do not work.  They must not be set up for the correct compatibility.  Do they work for the original outfit?

Yes, they do work for the original outfit. I've had a chance to look into that further since my post, too, and found something weird about it: The alternate materials that come with the original Eleyna product have separate mats for the CLOTH of the outfit, and for the TRIM of the outfit (not talking about the accessories, just the trim around the hem and the "belt" area of the waist). In the Tanith bundle, though, the alternate materials for that same outfit are all-in-one—cloth and trim combined into one texture.

For some reason, after conversion of the outfit, those Tanith textures can no longer "read" the areas of the dress they belong to, I guess. {Shrug} Dunno. In my experience it's very odd to have an outfit textured one way, then an add-on set of materials/textures for that product done another way. I imagine it's pretty odd in your experience, too, so I don't know how you or anyone could have foreseen any such glitch.

(Leave it to me to find one! It's a curse, I tell you!)

Post edited by mavante on
    mavante said:
    mavante said:

Thanks.

Thanks for your quick reply. Before I saw it I was actually coming back here to report that I did accidentally find the converted items in "Local User"—while in Smart Content Product mode. But of course there the outfit and the accessories are listed in the separate categories of "Wardrobe" and "Accessories. I'll know now to look in the Files mode of Smart Content. Thanks.

Yes, they do work for the original outfit. I've had a chance to look into that further since my post, too, and found something weird about it: The alternate materials that come with the original Eleyna product have separate mats for the CLOTH of the outfit, and for the TRIM of the outfit (not talking about the accessories, just the trim around the hem and the "belt" area of the waist). In the Tanith bundle, though, the alternate materials for that same outfit are all-in-one—cloth and trim combined into one texture.

For some reason, after conversion of the outfit, those Tanith textures can no longer "read" the areas of the dress they belong to, I guess. {Shrug} Dunno. In my experience it's very odd to have an outfit textured one way, then an add-on set of materials/textures for that product done another way. I imagine it's pretty odd in your experience, too, so I don't know how you or anyone could have foreseen any such glitch.

(Leave it to me to find one! It's a curse, I tell you!)

Ah, thank you for following up and sharing. smiley  If finding the edge cases no one anticpates is a curse, then I am there with you! laugh

• iwoolcociwoolcoc Posts: 20

Hello.

I have a problem - I am getting this error when trying to convert items purchased from Renderosity and installed using your Content Wizard:

"No items are sellected. Please sellect some items and try again."

I get this on both the "execute from sellected" and the "convert item(s)" and the "force convert item(s)" buttons.

However, as far as I can see there are items sellected.

Daz log shows:

2020-07-02 21:35:49.097 DEBUG: Adding DirectoryD:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.103 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/!HideDressStraps.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.105 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/!HideHatBand.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.106 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/01 Dress.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.109 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/01 Hat.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.111 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/02 Dress.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.112 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/02 Hat.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.114 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/03 Dress.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.116 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/03 Hat.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.117 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/04 Dress.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.119 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/04 Hat.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.120 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/05 Dress.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.122 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/05 Hat.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.123 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/06 Dress.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.125 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/06 Hat.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.126 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/07 Dress.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.128 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/07 Hat.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.130 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/08 Dress.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.131 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/08 Hat.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.133 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/SimulationSettings/!DressBase.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.134 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/SimulationSettings/DressStrapsTight.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.136 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/SimulationSettings/DressTopLooser.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.137 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/SimulationSettings/HatBase.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.139 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/SimulationSettings/HatDynamicsOff.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.141 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/SimulationSettings/HatSofter.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.143 DEBUG: DoesDazVersionExist
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.144 DEBUG: Looking to see if Daz File "D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Sunday.duf" exists: false
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.144 DEBUG: Looking to see if Daz File "D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Sunday.duf" exists: false
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.144 DEBUG:    Adding "Follower/Wardrobe" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Sunday.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.147 DEBUG: DoesDazVersionExist
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.148 DEBUG: Looking to see if Daz File "D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/SundayHat.duf" exists: false
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.148 DEBUG: Looking to see if Daz File "D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/SundayHat.duf" exists: false
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.149 DEBUG:    Adding "Follower/Wardrobe" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/SundayHat.duf
    2020-07-02 21:36:01.076 DEBUG: Executing Script
    2020-07-02 21:36:01.098 DEBUG: Execution Complete.
    2020-07-02 21:36:37.538 DEBUG: Executing Script
    2020-07-02 21:36:37.562 DEBUG: Execution Complete.
    2020-07-02 21:36:44.793 DEBUG: Executing Script
    2020-07-02 21:36:47.500 DEBUG: Execution Complete.
    2020-07-02 21:37:08.570 DEBUG: Executing Script
    2020-07-02 21:37:08.593 DEBUG: Execution Complete.

DazScriptProblem_2jul20.JPG
    891 x 759 - 91K
    iwoolcoc said:

Hello.

I have a problem - I am getting this error when trying to convert items purchased from Renderosity and installed using your Content Wizard:

"No items are sellected. Please sellect some items and try again."

I get this on both the "execute from sellected" and the "convert item(s)" and the "force convert item(s)" buttons.

However, as far as I can see there are items sellected.

Daz log shows:

2020-07-02 21:35:49.097 DEBUG: Adding DirectoryD:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.103 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/!HideDressStraps.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.105 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/!HideHatBand.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.106 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/01 Dress.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.109 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/01 Hat.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.111 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/02 Dress.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.112 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/02 Hat.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.114 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/03 Dress.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.116 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/03 Hat.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.117 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/04 Dress.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.119 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/04 Hat.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.120 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/05 Dress.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.122 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/05 Hat.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.123 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/06 Dress.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.125 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/06 Hat.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.126 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/07 Dress.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.128 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/07 Hat.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.130 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/08 Dress.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.131 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Materials/08 Hat.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.133 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/SimulationSettings/!DressBase.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.134 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/SimulationSettings/DressStrapsTight.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.136 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/SimulationSettings/DressTopLooser.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.137 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/SimulationSettings/HatBase.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.139 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/SimulationSettings/HatDynamicsOff.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.141 DEBUG:    SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/SimulationSettings/HatSofter.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.143 DEBUG: DoesDazVersionExist
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.144 DEBUG:    Adding "Follower/Wardrobe" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/Sunday.duf
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.147 DEBUG: DoesDazVersionExist
    2020-07-02 21:35:49.149 DEBUG:    Adding "Follower/Wardrobe" file: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Kaleya/Sunday/SundayHat.duf
    2020-07-02 21:36:01.076 DEBUG: Executing Script
    2020-07-02 21:36:01.098 DEBUG: Execution Complete.
    2020-07-02 21:36:37.538 DEBUG: Executing Script
    2020-07-02 21:36:37.562 DEBUG: Execution Complete.
    2020-07-02 21:36:44.793 DEBUG: Executing Script
    2020-07-02 21:36:47.500 DEBUG: Execution Complete.
    2020-07-02 21:37:08.570 DEBUG: Executing Script
    2020-07-02 21:37:08.593 DEBUG: Execution Complete.

The items are CHECKED.  To select (HIGHLIGHT) the items, you need to click, CTRL-click, and SHIFT-click on items in the list and then click Force Convert Item(s).

• cprc4080cprc4080 Posts: 19

When using the converter from genesis 8 to 3. I have this dip in the shoulders problem.

CONVERTER DIPS 1a.jpg
    1440 x 900 - 638K
    CONVERTER DIPS 1b.jpg
    1440 x 900 - 619K
    cprc4080 said:

When using the converter from genesis 8 to 3. I have this dip in the shoulders problem.

That is strange.  There is a little bunching because of going from an A pose to the T pose, but that is excessive.  You get it with all conversions?  When you load it ON the G3F and apply smoothing, how does it look?

Not all but most. I have enable smoothing on

cprc4080 said:

When you do the conversions, you load a default G3F/G3M?  They are in their default T pose?

cprc4080 said:

When you do the conversions, you load a default G3F/G3M?  They are in their default T pose?

Yes I'll try unistalling and re installing.

cprc4080 said:
    cprc4080 said:

Yes I'll try unistalling and re installing.

I wish I knew why it is doing this but I don't.  Your best bet is to try rerunning the conversion with the default character in the default pose and at the default location (0,0,0).  

I might need to re install my whole daz. I renstalled the add on and this happened.

CONVERTER DIPS 1c.jpg
    1443 x 900 - 556K
    cprc4080 said:
    I might need to re install my whole daz. I renstalled the add on and this happened.

?!?!!!  It looks like it is melting.  I am so sorry, I do not know what is happening here.  This is nothing anyone has reported to me.  The only time I have seen something like this is when apply clothes (not converted, just any clothes) to a figure where body parts are made invisible.  DS then seems to sometimes do what I am seeing here.

haha thanks. I'll try to figure it out

• Just installed that and I get a "parse error" upon running. Any idea?

• pierred63 said:

Just installed that and I get a "parse error" upon running. Any idea?

It could be a bad file - how did you install? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the product?

edited October 2020
    pierred63 said:

Just installed that and I get a "parse error" upon running. Any idea?

It could be a bad file - how did you install? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the product?

I think Richard is right.  It sounds like an installation error.  Uninstall... and make sure you don't have extra versions on your disk (which can easily happen if Daz Connect and DIM both were installed for example)... and then reinstall.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited October 2020

...I've had it only convert some pieces of clothing but not all  For example, I can only get the boots from Gothy Punk for  Teen Raven 8 and Genesis 8 Female(s) to convert, the jeans, shirt, and hoodie won't. Not sure why.  In the descirption it does mention...

comes complete with dforce, enhanced pose controls

...which makes me wonder if that may not be where the issue is.  I don't use dForce as I have old hardware and it just takes too bloody long to run a sim, however the product description doesn't mention that dForce is "required".

Post edited by kyoto kid on