Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.12.2.60! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• scorpio said:
    jdfox said:
    scorpio said:

Have the problems with DS not closing down for up to 30+ minutes preventing you from relaunching DS been solved in this version?

I have exactly the same problem - luckily not a 30min wait though.

Its not always 30 minutes but usually between 5-10 this is so frustrating, it really interupts my work flow having to shut down before I do a final render. I shut down then have to wait until DS is ready to open again by which time I often loose interest and go off do something else and not come back to it.

Of course if the memory leak in DS was fixed this wouldn't be an issue as I wouldn't need to close DS to do the final render.

I always use the task manager to shut down Daz3d and resetting the scene.
    Someone should sell the fast shutdown script on the Shop.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

I do so hope they fix the animation issue with saving morphs. I just wasted a morning rendering an animation that I saved yesterday only to realise that many of the morphs I had animated are now static. Damn, I could scream!

• the5amkebabthe5amkebab Posts: 103
    marble said:

I do so hope they fix the animation issue with saving morphs. I just wasted a morning rendering an animation that I saved yesterday only to realise that many of the morphs I had animated are now static. Damn, I could scream!

This has been happening in normal non animated scenes for me too, spent a whole day on a few scenes only for it to erase half the day's work, I have an older version of Daz 4.12.0.86 installed on another PC, is there any way to find the original install file and use that on my new PC as a roll back or is it deleted/not available because installation is always through DIM?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    marble said:

This has been happening in normal non animated scenes for me too, spent a whole day on a few scenes only for it to erase half the day's work, I have an older version of Daz 4.12.0.86 installed on another PC, is there any way to find the original install file and use that on my new PC as a roll back or is it deleted/not available because installation is always through DIM?

Depends how you set up DIM ...

dim.png
    567 x 634 - 23K
  • marble said:

It's strange because this bug occurs in this public beta and the normal current version of daz. The same thing happened to me. They are aware of this issue and I hope it is fixed sooner than later because it has been around for a month. I contacted customer support and they were able to send me the older version 4.11 which works for what I need. Maybe you could do the same if it fits your work style. I feel your pain though.

Kerya said:
    marble said:

Depends how you set up DIM ...

Damn, looks like I have that ticked so its gone, I'll have to hit up Daz support for the version I mentioned above, fingers crossed.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    marble said:

It's strange because this bug occurs in this public beta and the normal current version of daz. The same thing happened to me. They are aware of this issue and I hope it is fixed sooner than later because it has been around for a month. I contacted customer support and they were able to send me the older version 4.11 which works for what I need. Maybe you could do the same if it fits your work style. I feel your pain though.

For now, I'm just trying to make sure I render before I save and exit. Otherwise I have to try to remember what morphs I tweaked and try to reproduce them. It seems a while since the last fix version (Beta) so hopefully there is one due soon.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    edited June 2020
    marble said:
    marble said:

For now, I'm just trying to make sure I render before I save and exit. Otherwise I have to try to remember what morphs I tweaked and try to reproduce them. It seems a while since the last fix version (Beta) so hopefully there is one due soon.

There hasn't been a single entry in the Change Log since the release of 4.12.2.6 Public Beta. But then maybe they have stopped updating the Change Log, too. The Highlights Thread hasn't been maintained for several versions now. 

Post edited by barbult on
  • I've been using the latest beta for the last week or so, and I'm happy to say that whatever Daz and nVidia have done, it's eliminated the "illegal access" CPU fallback issue entirely.  (Of course, I just know that right after I post this, iRay will remember it's not supposed to work properly now and go back to accessing things illegally again!)

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited June 2020
    marble said:

If you have it installed on another machine, just copy the folder it's installed to and rename it.

Say it's in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D on a laptop; copy the "DAZStudio4 Public Build" folder and its contenst for example.

rename it to (for example) "DAZStudio4 Public Build 4.12.1.76"

Paste the folder into "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D" on the machine you want it on.

Note that you are manually messaing with your C Programs directory; you could end up with issues, but I've never encountered any.

Take backups of anything important to you first.

I'd then use Daz's instancing script to generate the code to start that particular executable, presuming it works for your particular version.

"C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/!DAZStudio4 Public Build 4.12.1.76/DAZStudio" -instanceName # -copyAppSettings PublicBuild -copySessionUI "Public Build"

I would recommend saving the script into a .bat file so you can have a shortcut on your desktop. Change a text file (.txt) to .bat. You'll get a warning that you are changing the extension, which you can ignore.

If you don't use that script, you'll need to create a link to that particular folder's Studio executable.

Post edited by nicstt on
    nicstt said:
    marble said:

If you have it installed on another machine, just copy the folder it's installed to and rename it.

Say it's in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D on a laptop; copy the "DAZStudio4 Public Build" folder and its contenst for example.

Note that you are manually messaing with your C Programs directory; you could end up with issues, but I've never encountered any.

I'd then use Daz's instancing script to generate the code to start that particular executable, presuming it works for your particular version.

"C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/!DAZStudio4 Public Build 4.12.1.76/DAZStudio" -instanceName # -copyAppSettings PublicBuild -copySessionUI "Public Build"

I would recommend saving the script into a .bat file so you can have a shortcut on your desktop. Change a text file (.txt) to .bat. You'll get a warning that you are changing the extension, which you can ignore.

If you don't use that script, you'll need to create a link to that particular folder's Studio executable.

Knowing my luck I'd try this and do major irrepairable damage lol, I'll keep it in mind if I get desperate enough though. For now I've found a work around with the animation, if I save the animation I've made as an aniblock, it keeps the morphs that daz isn't saving as a scene for some reason. A few extra steps but nothing too painful, and then I can also apply the animation to any other model and scene I want in future if I wish.

• nicstt said:
    marble said:

Knowing my luck I'd try this and do major irrepairable damage lol, I'll keep it in mind if I get desperate enough though. For now I've found a work around with the animation, if I save the animation I've made as an aniblock, it keeps the morphs that daz isn't saving as a scene for some reason. A few extra steps but nothing too painful, and then I can also apply the animation to any other model and scene I want in future if I wish.

Could you tell me how to do this because I haven to had any luck. I’m using genesis 3 and I’m not sure it works with them. Every time I try to save a morph through an aniblock, it bugs out the figure rotations and translations. It seems like I’ve tried every combination of settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

No problem, all I did was follow this video and use the same settings. I haven't used it on anything but GF8 so far though so It'll be interesting to see if it works for GF3 for you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=953w_2ZyXM0

• pandapenguingamespandapenguingames Posts: 13
    edited June 2020

2x 2080TI with NVLink and memory pooling

so I got my 2nd 2080TI today and the standard RTX NVLink bridge from Nvidia (3slot)

after assembling everything I followed these steps to enable NVLink on my two 2080TI in Windows 10
    https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/NVLink-on-NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-2080-2080-Ti-in-Windows-10-1253/

the basic setup tested positive for a working NVLink connection and I proceeded with adjusting DAZ for the Peer Group Size of 2
    (Puget also mentioned that both GPU need a display attached to establish the working NVLink)

then I proceeded with testing:
    I have a scene with 5 characters and a lot of clutter in it that failed in the past on a single 2080TI
    so for good measure I first tested if it was still failing to CPU on the current DAZ version... and it did
    (1.7 GiB geometry and 4.6 GiB textures)

NVLink OFF

rendering the very same scene (after a DAZ reboot to flush everything) with active NVLink, DAZ sucessfully rendered the scene

Iray distributed the textures evenly on both GPUs!

NVLink ON

another test with a way smaller scene resulted in the same evenly distribution of textures across both GPU on NVLink and a mirrored distribution without NVLink

NVLink OFF

NVLink ON

every other vram consumption (geometry, lights, ect) still gets mirrored onto both GPU so, as stated in the patch notes, only textures benefit from NVLink memory pooling so far

System Details:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 - Version 1909
    Nvidia Studio Ready Driver 442.92
    DAZ Studio Pro 4.12.1.117
    GPU0 INNO3D RTX 2080TI iChill Frostbite
    GPU1 INNO3D RTX 2080TI iChill Frostbite
    Nvidia RTX NVLink Bridge (3Slot)
    ASRock X299 Extreme4
    Intel i7-7800X
    64GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix Elite 2400
    Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe SSD

Post edited by pandapenguingames on
  • Parsa1999Parsa1999 Posts: 0

Hey,

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask this instead of opening a new topic, but I know for a fact that the problem I'm having is exclusive to the Beta versions, so here it goes.

When using the Public Beta versions, I don't seem to be able to see the thumbnails of my products in the Content Library! Not the small/regular thumbnail, but the large one that appears when you hover your mouse on it.

I've been having this issue for a long, LONG time, but only recently found out that the problem is actually not present in the General Release of Daz.

Can anyone help me with this? My eyes would sincerely appreciate it if you did...

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926
    barbult said:
    marble said:
    marble said:

There hasn't been a single entry in the Change Log since the release of 4.12.2.6 Public Beta. But then maybe they have stopped updating the Change Log, too. The Highlights Thread hasn't been maintained for several versions now. 

Probably means they are in really, really deep with the alpha. Maybe we'll get the Filament Renderer or Pro Renderer next beta? Now such a big deal for nVidia GPU loyalists but it is for everyone else.

• Parsa1999 said:

Hey,

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask this instead of opening a new topic, but I know for a fact that the problem I'm having is exclusive to the Beta versions, so here it goes.

When using the Public Beta versions, I don't seem to be able to see the thumbnails of my products in the Content Library! Not the small/regular thumbnail, but the large one that appears when you hover your mouse on it.

I've been having this issue for a long, LONG time, but only recently found out that the problem is actually not present in the General Release of Daz.

Can anyone help me with this? My eyes would sincerely appreciate it if you did...

In Edit>Preferences (Daz Studio>Preferences for a Mac) if you go to the Content tab is Show File Info Tool Tips in Content Library checked?

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    edited June 2020

2x 2080TI with NVLink and memory pooling

so I got my 2nd 2080TI today and the standard RTX NVLink bridge from Nvidia (3slot)

after assembling everything I followed these steps to enable NVLink on my two 2080TI in Windows 10
    https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/NVLink-on-NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-2080-2080-Ti-in-Windows-10-1253/

the basic setup tested positive for a working NVLink connection and I proceeded with adjusting DAZ for the Peer Group Size of 2
    (Puget also mentioned that both GPU need a display attached to establish the working NVLink)

then I proceeded with testing:
    I have a scene with 5 characters and a lot of clutter in it that failed in the past on a single 2080TI
    so for good measure I first tested if it was still failing to CPU on the current DAZ version... and it did
    (1.7 GiB geometry and 4.6 GiB textures)

NVLink OFF

rendering the very same scene (after a DAZ reboot to flush everything) with active NVLink, DAZ sucessfully rendered the scene

Iray distributed the textures evenly on both GPUs!

NVLink ON

another test with a way smaller scene resulted in the same evenly distribution of textures across both GPU on NVLink and a mirrored distribution without NVLink

NVLink OFF

NVLink ON

every other vram consumption (geometry, lights, ect) still gets mirrored onto both GPU so, as stated in the patch notes, only textures benefit from NVLink memory pooling so far

System Details:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 - Version 1909
    Nvidia Studio Ready Driver 442.92
    DAZ Studio Pro 4.12.1.117
    GPU0 INNO3D RTX 2080TI iChill Frostbite
    GPU1 INNO3D RTX 2080TI iChill Frostbite
    Nvidia RTX NVLink Bridge (3Slot)
    ASRock X299 Extreme4
    Intel i7-7800X
    64GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix Elite 2400
    Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe SSD

@pandapenguingames Awesome that you got it going.  When you have a chance, could you please run the benchmark?  You'd be the first, I believe.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/341041/daz-studio-iray-rendering-hardware-benchmarking/p1

Post edited by Sevrin on
  • Wors version yet, we need multiple instances and been able to open several duff file by doubleclicking them to speed up the workflow, and now I can eve revert to prvious versions, to worse it up all the keyboard navigation can't be deactivated, and whe I try to navigate on the content it moves the camera arround making the creation scene a nightmare. Can you at least let us roll back to previous versions, the current version is worst than useless.

• Parsa1999Parsa1999 Posts: 0
    Parsa1999 said:

Hey,

In Edit>Preferences (Daz Studio>Preferences for a Mac) if you go to the Content tab is Show File Info Tool Tips in Content Library checked?

Thank you for the reply. Show File Info Tool Tips is checked, and I unchecked and rechecked it to make sure, but still no result.

• Wors version yet, we need multiple instances and been able to open several duff file by doubleclicking them to speed up the workflow,

While it's true you can't just double-click to open a new instance, you certainly can have multiple instances. Just set up shortcuts for as many as you expect your system to support and use one of those each time.

and now I can eve revert to prvious versions, to worse it up all the keyboard navigation can't be deactivated, and whe I try to navigate on the content it moves the camera arround making the creation scene a nightmare.

This was a known issue, yes - but I thought ti was working correctly in the beta.

Can you at least let us roll back to previous versions, the current version is worst than useless.

You can open a support ticket to ask for a previous version https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

• Parsa1999 said:
    Parsa1999 said:

Hey,

Thank you for the reply. Show File Info Tool Tips is checked, and I unchecked and rechecked it to make sure, but still no result.

Hmm, then I'm not sure what the issue could be. Could you try reloading one of the default layouts, through Window>Workspace>Select Layout, and see if it then works? If you have a customised layout save it through the same sub-menu first.

• primeuserprimeuser Posts: 10

I recently upgraded my version from I THINK 4.12.1.55 to this new version.  I used to be able to render a small picture size and then leave this open in the background to hold the textures in place so that additional renders would be much faster.  But with this new version when I try this the render starts, going through its prompts but then the render quits with the screen black but ready to be saved as though DAZ Studio thinks it has finished rendering.  All subsequent renders do the same.  It also does this same thing when  I use the aux viewport with Iray to do the same trick.  If I then close my small first render and then re-render it will work OK but takes much more time as it has to then again reload all textures.  I have the newest nvidia drivers and am using a 1070ti card with 8gb. Any thoughts?

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    primeuser said:

I recently upgraded my version from I THINK 4.12.1.55 to this new version.  I used to be able to render a small picture size and then leave this open in the background to hold the textures in place so that additional renders would be much faster.  But with this new version when I try this the render starts, going through its prompts but then the render quits with the screen black but ready to be saved as though DAZ Studio thinks it has finished rendering.  All subsequent renders do the same.  It also does this same thing when  I use the aux viewport with Iray to do the same trick.  If I then close my small first render and then re-render it will work OK but takes much more time as it has to then again reload all textures.  I have the newest nvidia drivers and am using a 1070ti card with 8gb. Any thoughts?

The only time I've seen black renders with the newer betas was when I had forgotten to update my Nvidia Driver. That might not be it, but check and make sure you are running the minimum version of driver required for the newer versions of Iray in Daz Studio.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    L'Adair said:
    primeuser said:

The only time I've seen black renders with the newer betas was when I had forgotten to update my Nvidia Driver. That might not be it, but check and make sure you are running the minimum version of driver required for the newer versions of Iray in Daz Studio.

Also check your max samples, make sure it doesn't say 0 (learnt that the hard way)

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,900

I would like to know about the timeline and all the animation-related functions (beside AniMate that I don't use), they are going to be fixed?

I'm still on 4.12.0.86, the only one that still have some functionality intact.

• Learning3DLearning3D Posts: 90
    marble said:

I report the same bug. Suuuuper annoying when animating anything. Basically makes the software unusable for me right now :/

• marble said:

I report the same bug. Suuuuper annoying when animating anything. Basically makes the software unusable for me right now :/

Same

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    Imago said:

I would like to know about the timeline and all the animation-related functions (beside AniMate that I don't use), they are going to be fixed?

I'm still on 4.12.0.86, the only one that still have some functionality intact.

yes

• Kyan001Kyan001 Posts: 75

Nice that the infinite scene loading times are still unchanged, I hope they'll focus on that for the next update, I have really the time to get a third degree before a complex scene loads up. LOL