Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.12.2.60! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,770
    @padone, that is the exact SHA I have installed on 3 different PC's
  • wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,770
    Not sure if this is relevant.
    Capture.JPG
    396 x 531 - 42K
  • Padone said:

The only way to obtain an older version is to request one from Customer Services:

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I requested 4.12.0.86 back because I suspect my backup got corrupted and the daz support replied they don't have old versions available. So there is no way to get it back. For the record it's request #341234. I'm now working with my 4.11 backup that seems fine, until they fix the 4.12 animation issues. Then personally I do find it unbelievable that daz doesn't care about the 4.12 animation issues it's a very long time now. Either fix it or provide an older version that works.

Did you explain why you needed 4.12? I wouldn't necessarily expect them to suply a repalcement for a back up as such, but only if you were having an issue that rolling back would address.

Padone said:

Then if anyone can provide a SHA 256 of the 4.12.0.86 installer I can verify my backup. Since daz doesn't provide any checksum either. My issue with 4.12.0.86 is that it only installs if 4.11 was installed first and I don't know if it's corrupted of if it's a daz bug. SInce 4.12.0.86 comes with a 4.11 system name I suspect it's a daz bug. My SHA 256: 841BDAB7001631D81389EB1517962E0124C158C5E4789AE51DFD9E7ACE98BF2F

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,481

@wolf359 Thank you so much I do appreciate your help. Now I know my backup is good so the installation issue must be related to something else.

@Richard Thank you for your advice. I explained the issue better. But again, their reply was that they have no access to old versions, so I don't think what you explain makes any difference.

• Padone said:

@wolf359 Thank you so much I do appreciate your help. Now I know my backup is good so the installation issue must be related to something else.

@Richard Thank you for your advice. I explained the issue better. But again, their reply was that they have no access to old versions, so I don't think what you explain makes any difference.

I was under the impression that at least some people have been given earlier versions, and Earlier Version Request is stil an option for the topic of Tech Support requests.

• hookflash said:
    Padone said:

The only way to obtain an older version is to request one from Customer Services:

...Then personally I do find it unbelievable that daz doesn't care about the 4.12 animation issues it's a very long time now. Either fix it or provide an older version that works...

Yeah, agreed. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like this with any of the DCC software I've ever owned. Even iClone, which is known for being very buggy / unstable, gets critical bug fixes (and communication on upcoming fixes) on a fairly regular basis. Meanwhile, we Daz animators have been dealing with a major bug -- one that causes unrecoverable data loss -- for several months with zero communication from Daz, not even a simple, "We're working on it." It's extremely frustrating for those of us who have sunk thousands of dollars into the Daz ecosystem.

Daz is working on it, I think we have passed that on before.

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,481
    edited August 2020

and Earlier Version Request is stil an option for the topic of Tech Support requests.

Thank you again. Noted and passed out to Lauren H in request #341234 who replied me they don't have old versions. Let's see what they say.

UPDATE. I got 4.12.0.86 from the daz support .. downloading now.

Post edited by Padone on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,874

OK another annoying feature

once I enter a start frame in my image sequence range say frame 40 and save it and render I cannot get it back to zero or any other range

best I can do is save it as a scene subset and merge it into a new scene

also Mimic live gives my animated people tics like tourettes syndrome

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    kandori07 said:

Hi all,  any news on DAZ bug fix for daz NOT saving any morph animations? :)    This has be very frustrating bug that is hindering my work tremendously..

If anyone has an older version of DAZ 4.12.0.8xx that can post for people to download and install untill this bug is fixed, that would be wonderful.  That version used to save morph animations fine..  

help...  :)

But make sure you request Studio not Daz, they won't neccessarily be sure what you're talking about as Daz has a number of products.

• KennethCKennethC Posts: 24
    edited August 2020

If I "did" have access to DAZ 4.12.0.86 would it be okay or legal for me to provide access to the Daz artists in need of a "working" daz version in order for them to use it for shape animation?

Post edited by KennethC on
  • kandori07 said:

If I "did" have access to DAZ 4.12.0.86 would it be okay or legal for me to provide access to the Daz artists in need of a "working" daz version in order for them to use it for shape animation?

I'm afraid not.

kandori07 said:

I'm afraid not.

So we are stuck without a solution then.

edited August 2020

This is off topic, but is there anyway one can get usable OpenGL shadows in any of the daz version, recent ones? like a simple shadow like in may viewport..  I've tried intermediate OpenGL.. no shadows there that is anywhere decent either.. :(

KennethC said:

This is off topic, but is there anyway one can get usable OpenGL shadows in any of the daz version, recent ones? like a simple shadow like in may viewport..  I've tried intermediate OpenGL.. no shadows there that is anywhere decent either.. :(

for floor shadows you could create instances you flatten on the y axis in a negative value and place under your figures, and they will render black in openGL

edited August 2020

But no way to get shadows on character right?    thanks for your reply. 

• RHatchRHatch Posts: 49

At some point in the hopefully not too distant future, there will be a new viewport display mode called filament, which should be a vast improvement over DAZ|Studio's woefully outdated OpenGL viewport mode. See this thread for a bit more info/discussion.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    RHatch said:

At some point in the hopefully not too distant future, there will be a new viewport display mode called filament, which should be a vast improvement over DAZ|Studio's woefully outdated OpenGL viewport mode. See this thread for a bit more info/discussion.

Which will make those that like to use OpenGL renders quite unhappy ...

• Every time I render with 3delight everything is gray and there's no textures even though I applied the correct textures several times the day before nothing was wrong all of the sudden now I can't render with textures. I bought the aquatic containment facility scene from the store I applied the textures that they provided and they don't work even though the day before they did can anybody help me figure out what the heck is going on?
    15983432301141215383969.jpg
    5168 x 3876 - 6M
  • never mind everybody I figured it out it's because I switched my external to a different drive letter and it must have messed up Daz studio. because the cachr was tied to that specific drive.
  • ImagoImago Posts: 4,905
    KennethC said:

Yes, just add a light with shadows and use full 3DLight engine instead of OpenGL.

If the environment is on the way, just disable the shadow casting from the right parts in the Parameters settings.

• VEGAVEGA Posts: 86

Does anybody know how to resize the bottom status bar? The one that shows loading progress or progress with smoothing modifier? Seems normal on FHD res, but doesn't resize when on 1440p monitor and I'm unable to find any resize drag/handle.

KennethC said:

openGL renders exactly what you see in your viewpoint in any mode except iray preview

if you have bounding blocks selected it renders the grey blocks, likewise wireframe 

nothing more nothing less wysiwyg

• VEGA said:

Does anybody know how to resize the bottom status bar? The one that shows loading progress or progress with smoothing modifier? Seems normal on FHD res, but doesn't resize when on 1440p monitor and I'm unable to find any resize drag/handle.

That isn't possible, I'm afraid. Making the UI more scalable is, I believe, planned but it has prerequisites.

• VEGAVEGA Posts: 86
    VEGA said:

That isn't possible, I'm afraid. Making the UI more scalable is, I believe, planned but it has prerequisites.

Everything else looks scaled about right, except that tiny status bar. Also the frame showing progress looks like it's misaligned or bleedeing throught to Win10 toolbar.

edited August 2020
    Imago said:
    KennethC said:

Yes, just add a light with shadows and use full 3DLight engine instead of OpenGL.

If the environment is on the way, just disable the shadow casting from the right parts in the Parameters settings.

3D delight was very slow for me.  OpenGL renders almost real time for lower subD and even at subD3, it renders at about 1f/second.  3d delight is no where near that.. it's almost as slow as Iray.. my Iray renders are between 3-10 secs..    but thanks for your reply.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,905
    KennethC said:
    Imago said:
    KennethC said:

3D delight was very slow for me.  OpenGL renders almost real time for lower subD and even at subD3, it renders at about 1f/second.  3d delight is no where near that.. it's almost as slow as Iray.. my Iray renders are between 3-10 secs..    but thanks for your reply.

I use 3DLight in every redner and I get a single frame (I do animations) in about 10 seconds, 30 if the scene is really, really heavy, and the quality of the result is comparable to IRay. You just have to tune your render options and light settings. smiley

Imago said:
    KennethC said:
    Imago said:
    KennethC said:

I use 3DLight in every redner and I get a single frame (I do animations) in about 10 seconds, 30 if the scene is really, really heavy, and the quality of the result is comparable to IRay. You just have to tune your render options and light settings. smiley

If 3d delight takes 10-30 seconds, there is no need for me to use 3D Delight as I get 8-30 seconds using Iray Render uisng post denoiser activated. :)

I rendered this using Iray..overnight about 30secs a frame. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyLEfxHhXd8

all of this is entirely dependent on your hardware. 

for some iray is faster for others 3Delight if they haven't a Nvidia card or a small VRAM one that drops out.

openGL on the otherhand works on the crappiest of little laptops, my pathetic Dell inspiron I started with it even showed 16 lights instead of the usual 8.

it has ambient shadowing BTW so not completely flat.

For me the weird transmap display is the main reason I use it less than I would not the shadows, I often do use it though for fast stuff especially if I postwork it.

edited August 2020

I agree, the OpenGL is fast and not that bad (the ambient shadow are pretty ok).  Just wish it had even simple shadow map shadow like in maya viewport.  foot looks like it's too floaty without any shadows.  Post work does help a lot yes. :)

not suited for your needs @KennethC but possibly helpfull to others wanting a fast dirty animated render, I created a tutorial

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/431781/opengl-want-floor-shadows-it-can-be-faked

you would be better off trying different iray settings for fast like I mostly do too

I set path length to 24, max iterations to 20, denoiser on and start iteration at 20

is wicked fast if it fits on my card ( useless if it doesn't)