Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,126
    Sevrin said:

Would it be possible to wait an hour or so with the price notifications until Daz sorts out its many website issues?  I really like getting them ASAP, but not when they're wrong and spam my Inbox.

A related question: do they reset once they've been sent once?

I would hate having the mails delayed. 

• DMaxDMax Posts: 637

More importantly, I am very appreciative of this very cool script and would overlook the little setbacks that have nothing to do with, once again, this very cool script :)

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    Sevrin said:

Would it be possible to wait an hour or so with the price notifications until Daz sorts out its many website issues?  I really like getting them ASAP, but not when they're wrong and spam my Inbox.

That would defeat the purpose. The point is to let you know that there are great prices NOW. Go, get them NOW. If you wait an hour, the prices may not be there anymore. Sometimes the best sales only last ten minutes. You wouldn't want to delay notifications an hour in those cases. Or they only last for an hour or so, like this morning.

Sevrin said:

Wishlist notifications stay active and you'll be notified again the next time the prices meet your threshold. Individual notifications expire when they are sent. You can add those again from the link in the emails.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,308
    barbult said:
    Sevrin said:

I would hate having the mails delayed. 

I agree. I really appreciate getting them promptly. Because of CloudFlare delays they usually are well ahead of what I see in the store 

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    Ati said:
    Sevrin said:

That would defeat the purpose. The point is to let you know that there are great prices NOW. Go, get them NOW. If you wait an hour, the prices may not be there anymore. Sometimes the best sales only last ten minutes. You wouldn't want to delay notifications an hour in those cases. Or they only last for an hour or so, like this morning.

Sevrin said:

Wishlist notifications stay active and you'll be notified again the next time the prices meet your threshold. Individual notifications expire when they are sent. You can add those again from the link in the emails.

Re the first point: The problem is mainly at midnight rollover.  Also, the prices weren't real.  The 70% discounts went to 50% in the cart.

Re the second: It's no fun having to redo a few dozen individual price notifications because they got triggered by erroneous data.  A few weeks back I got over a hundred price notification emails, and I never reset those.

Sevrin said:

Re the first point: The problem is mainly at midnight rollover.  Also, the prices weren't real.  The 70% discounts went to 50% in the cart.

Hi Sevrin, the prices were real... but they only lasted for an hour or so before DAZ rectified what they said was an error.

• Sevrin said:
    Ati said:
    Sevrin said:

Sevrin said:

Re the second: It's no fun having to redo a few dozen individual price notifications because they got triggered by erroneous data.  A few weeks back I got over a hundred price notification emails, and I never reset those.

Hi Sevrin,

You are very lucky, the last big Triggered event gave me almost 1600 notices. And I went through and reset them all (The reset this notice line at the bottom is a lifesaver). This mornings kicked my out 680 notices. Also reset all of those. I was very sad to have missed some of those, though. You wonder if someone who is setting up the sales, has some buddies, that they let know when the sale rolls over, and they "oops", buddies are ready grab great deals, then..oh, my! Fixed it! for the rest of us....lol

Such is life.

• HeavyRayHeavyRay Posts: 170

This add-on is truly a life/game-changer; hard to imagine life without it...  I am SO thankful for all the effort expended on this!!
    I have a "feature" request unless someone can point out what I'm doing wrong with regards to adding wishlist comments.

All seems well if I add a "+Top_Priority" comment to a new product, click the <Save comment> box and "update wishlist labels" at the bottom of the page (assuming I'm displaying at 60 products per page.)  A reload of the Wishlist shows the item is added to this category.

My problem though happens when the desired product was added to wishlist a long time ago.  I then have to set the "items per page" to "all", scroll down/through the list using the browser's scroll bar until I find the product and then add/save the comment.  I assume I have to ALSO to click "update wishlist label"??  There's the rub, trying to get-to that button.  If I set the "items per page" to "60" and update, the comment doesn't seem to be reflected on the product.  Alternative l try to scroll to absolute end of list to get to that "update wishlist label" button(?)

Could the (current) 'save comment' button be changed to "save comment/update labels"?
    Am I missing the purpose of "update wishlist label" and it's needed only if a new LABEL (not comment!) is desired for dropdown box, and my problem is something else?

In summary, I'm adding and SEE "+Top_Priority" tags in the comment field, but they're not reflected in the "Top_Priority" filtered products, nor displayed on the product page....

Appreciate any help and guidance on this...   - Ray

You need to do two things to add a new label or change the existing label:

1, On the wishlist page, make the change you want, and save the comment. So far this is a standard Daz site feature. You need to save it so Daz knows about the comment, and it will stay with the product. (You can make such changes to several products on the page before moving on to step 2.)

2, Go to the bottom, and click the "Update wishlist labels" button. This will go through all the items on the page and update the saved labels.

If the item you want to change is on page 3 (or any other page) of your wishlist, then you can keep the displayed number of items at 60, and simply go to the page where the item is. Clicking the button to update the labels will update the labels for the products that are currently displayed.

If you add a general comment, and do not change any of the labels, then there is no need to click the update button.

HeavyRay said:

This add-on is truly a life/game-changer; hard to imagine life without it...  I am SO thankful for all the effort expended on this!!

I fully second that!

Recently I updated the script to send me notices (on sales, % changes, etc) but after that, the script kept freezing my Firefox (for 3-4 seconds each time) so I deleted and reinstalled the script, this time not turning on the email notices.

drmaximus said:
    HeavyRay said:

I fully second that!

Recently I updated the script to send me notices (on sales, % changes, etc) but after that, the script kept freezing my Firefox (for 3-4 seconds each time) so I deleted and reinstalled the script, this time not turning on the email notices.

The email notifications themselves don't run from the browser, so that should have no effect on the speed. I would say you can safely turn those on, and experiment with disabling some other features that you don't necessarily need, to speed Firefox up. (Chrome is a lot faster when dealing with complex scripts.) The only additional background function connected to notifications is the wishlist synchronization if you enable auto-sync, but even that will only run when something changed (you added something, removed something or brought something). Remember to manually sync your wishlist often if you disable the auto-sync option. The "hide items" feature is known to be the most resource-heavy of all, so if you have that enabled, I would start by disabling that.

Ati said:

1, On the wishlist page, make the change you want, and save the comment. So far this is a standard Daz site feature. You need to save it so Daz knows about the comment, and it will stay with the product. (You can make such changes to several products on the page before moving on to step 2.)

2, Go to the bottom, and click the "Update wishlist labels" button. This will go through all the items on the page and update the saved labels.

If the item you want to change is on page 3 (or any other page) of your wishlist, then you can keep the displayed number of items at 60, and simply go to the page where the item is. Clicking the button to update the labels will update the labels for the products that are currently displayed.

If you add a general comment, and do not change any of the labels, then there is no need to click the update button.

Thank you for such a timely response..   Your answer confirms my initial belief - that the product needs to still be "visible" for the "update wishlist label" to take effect.
    But the rub comes when one has no idea on what page an older item is located.  One can set the "items per page" to "all", scroll through several screenfuls of products and then do a <Ctrl><F> to search for the product name.  Once found, they can add/save the comment, but once they scroll down to the bottom or change the "items per page" to the smallest value ("60") in order tp get that update button,  the newly tagged product is long gone from being "visible" on the page.  I realize that were that "save comment" be changed to "save comment AND update wishlist label", it would be overkill if the comment was non-filter related, but wouldn't the impact be minimal (and in the process take care of the case where one doesn't KNOW what page a product is on?)  Sorry if this comes across as selfish    ;-)   ;-)  I just hate having to scroll 60 products per page at a time just so I can find a "update wishlist labels" button.

Thanks for taking the time to create and SUPPORT this gem...    - Ray

Ati said:

The email notifications themselves don't run from the browser, so that should have no effect on the speed. I would say you can safely turn those on, and experiment with disabling some other features that you don't necessarily need, to speed Firefox up. (Chrome is a lot faster when dealing with complex scripts.) The only additional background function connected to notifications is the wishlist synchronization if you enable auto-sync, but even that will only run when something changed (you added something, removed something or brought something). Remember to manually sync your wishlist often if you disable the auto-sync option. The "hide items" feature is known to be the most resource-heavy of all, so if you have that enabled, I would start by disabling that.

Thank you for the insights! I am now relooking the options and retweaking them; once again, thank you so much for this amazing script that has truly changed the way I live in the DAZ world.

HeavyRay said:
    Ati said:

Thank you for such a timely response..   Your answer confirms my initial belief - that the product needs to still be "visible" for the "update wishlist label" to take effect.
    But the rub comes when one has no idea on what page an older item is located.  One can set the "items per page" to "all", scroll through several screenfuls of products and then do a <Ctrl><F> to search for the product name.  Once found, they can add/save the comment, but once they scroll down to the bottom or change the "items per page" to the smallest value ("60") in order tp get that update button,  the newly tagged product is long gone from being "visible" on the page.  I realize that were that "save comment" be changed to "save comment AND update wishlist label", it would be overkill if the comment was non-filter related, but wouldn't the impact be minimal (and in the process take care of the case where one doesn't KNOW what page a product is on?)  Sorry if this comes across as selfish    ;-)   ;-)  I just hate having to scroll 60 products per page at a time just so I can find a "update wishlist labels" button.

If you know who the artist is of the item (click on it, and check, if all else fails), then you can filter your wishlist to only include products from that artist. This will make the item in question visible on the wishlist page, and you can click the update button.

As for combining the save comment button with the label update, @Overdrawn is working on exactly that. However, that is a lot of work (well, that and a ton of other, related rewrites), so it's still a long way from being ready.

Ati said:
    HeavyRay said:
    Ati said:

If you know who the artist is of the item (click on it, and check, if all else fails), then you can filter your wishlist to only include products from that artist. This will make the item in question visible on the wishlist page, and you can click the update button.

As for combining the save comment button with the label update, @Overdrawn is working on exactly that. However, that is a lot of work (well, that and a ton of other, related rewrites), so it's still a long way from being ready.

The search by artist _IS_ an easy solution to my quandry!  For some reason, it seemed as though when I tried this in the past, it only looked for artists who had products on the current/displayed list.  But I just tried in on artist whose product was WAY, way down on my wishlist, and it allowed me to enter their name on the dropdown.

Sorry for the multi-post rambling - chock this up to 'operator error'...   - Ray

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Hope everyone is safe and healthy during these crazy days!

The readme link for Mesa Desert is bringing up the readme for a poncho. It's a nice poncho, but where's the desert? laugh

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,131

Not the browser add-on's fault: the poncho appears twice in the ReadMe area of the Daz site - once under the correct SKU and again under its anagram (which happens to be the Mesa Desert) - presumably a typo by the staff at Daz3d.

I guess you need to open a support ticket to get the Mesa Desert one put up correctly.

• AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718
    Ati said:
    avxp said:

1) How do I stop the Gallery notifications? I did all the checks in the menu, but I still get them

It's the one that shows artwork from the gallery and lists the products......

Options page -> Gallery notifications -> Off (Or "Selected" if you still want it for some selected items.)

(If you don't have the automatic wishlist sync turned on, then you need to sync the wishlist manually for this change to take effect.)

avxp said:

Is there a way to get the browser add-on to list those TOP 21 ITEMS...

I'd love to have that list in a browser and not just in the email.

https://www.daz3d.com/shop/#filter_platClub=0&filtered=1 -> Sort by % off

How do I 'sync' it. I have uncecked everything I can and I'm still getting notifications constantly! It's so incredibly annoying. 

• AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718

The text in Friefox is really hard to read. If anyone has any eye problems this fine grey and grey text is just stupid. I know, some of you can read it prefectly fine, I've heard it a thousand times, but, you obviously don't have my eye problems. I can hardly see that I've even attached the screenshot. I can't see how to change that at all. 

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 09.12.10.png
    2870 x 1532 - 247K
    Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 09.14.20.png
    2568 x 1294 - 241K
    AbnerK said:
    Ati said:
    avxp said:

1) How do I stop the Gallery notifications? I did all the checks in the menu, but I still get them

It's the one that shows artwork from the gallery and lists the products......

Options page -> Gallery notifications -> Off (Or "Selected" if you still want it for some selected items.)

(If you don't have the automatic wishlist sync turned on, then you need to sync the wishlist manually for this change to take effect.)

avxp said:

Is there a way to get the browser add-on to list those TOP 21 ITEMS...

I'd love to have that list in a browser and not just in the email.

https://www.daz3d.com/shop/#filter_platClub=0&filtered=1 -> Sort by % off

How do I 'sync' it. I have uncecked everything I can and I'm still getting notifications constantly! It's so incredibly annoying. 

To sync your current wishlist, click the blue "SYNC WISHLIST" button at the top of your Daz wishlist page.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    AbnerK said:

The text in Friefox is really hard to read. If anyone has any eye problems this fine grey and grey text is just stupid. I know, some of you can read it prefectly fine, I've heard it a thousand times, but, you obviously don't have my eye problems. I can hardly see that I've even attached the screenshot. I can't see how to change that at all. 

In my Firefox the text is black ...

dazdeals.jpg
    705 x 494 - 62K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,126
    The emails have an unsubscribe link at the end. It says something like "To stop receiving these messages..." Just click that link. You may be receiving several different mail types, like lowest price, wishlist on sale. etc. Click the unsubscribe link in all of the email types.
  • dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    MelanieL said:

Not the browser add-on's fault: the poncho appears twice in the ReadMe area of the Daz site - once under the correct SKU and again under its anagram (which happens to be the Mesa Desert) - presumably a typo by the staff at Daz3d.

I guess you need to open a support ticket to get the Mesa Desert one put up correctly.

Ok Thanks!

• Hi! Not sure if this is me, Daz or Deals. But when I click on the "Save6" option,  on todays Plat for a day, it shows most of the items still (27 out of 29). (PlatClub coupon button only shows 1, so that is working). But when I try to apply the coupon in the cart, it says it's not valid. 

Hi! Not sure if this is me, Daz or Deals. But when I click on the "Save6" option,  on todays Plat for a day, it shows most of the items still (27 out of 29). (PlatClub coupon button only shows 1, so that is working). But when I try to apply the coupon in the cart, it says it's not valid. 

Platinum for a day items are usually handled as special items and may not always be eligible for use with coupons.

• Ati said:

Hi! Not sure if this is me, Daz or Deals. But when I click on the "Save6" option,  on todays Plat for a day, it shows most of the items still (27 out of 29). (PlatClub coupon button only shows 1, so that is working). But when I try to apply the coupon in the cart, it says it's not valid. 

Platinum for a day items are usually handled as special items and may not always be eligible for use with coupons.

OKay, thank you.

• ariocharioch Posts: 165

I think I've said it before, but this addon is huge game changer and time saver, so thank you @Ati for your work! I recently also installed the Release Date for New Items script and that's a big help, too! It doesn't work on custom categories like The PC for a day list (https://www.daz3d.com/temporary-pc-for-you), but that's OK, at least the date is now showing on the product pages.

I've noticed a bit of weirdness using the category filters, though. By default the "Hide Items I Own" box is checked, and the item count reflects accourately (not owned / total items). Checking the "Only Show Owned" box also accurately reflects the items I own and the counts. However, when I uncheck "Only Show Owned" no items appear and the count goes to 0/n (where n is the number of items I do own). The items in the category usually show up after I refresh the page, but the check in the "Hide Items I Own" and the counts don't reset; I have to check that box several times for it to reset properly.

Not a big issue, but a bit of an annoyance.

arioch said:

I think I've said it before, but this addon is huge game changer and time saver, so thank you @Ati for your work! I recently also installed the Release Date for New Items script and that's a big help, too! It doesn't work on custom categories like The PC for a day list (https://www.daz3d.com/temporary-pc-for-you), but that's OK, at least the date is now showing on the product pages.

The idea behind that script is to find out when an item will lose its "new" status. So on category pages, the date is only shown for items marked as "new."

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,131
    edited June 2020
    arioch said:

I've noticed a bit of weirdness using the category filters, though. By default the "Hide Items I Own" box is checked, and the item count reflects accourately (not owned / total items). Checking the "Only Show Owned" box also accurately reflects the items I own and the counts. However, when I uncheck "Only Show Owned" no items appear and the count goes to 0/n (where n is the number of items I do own). The items in the category usually show up after I refresh the page, but the check in the "Hide Items I Own" and the counts don't reset; I have to check that box several times for it to reset properly.

I noticed that quite a long time ago. My personal workaround is to click the "show wishlist" box, then uncheck it - seems to work and avoids a hard refresh.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • ariocharioch Posts: 165
    MelanieL said:
    arioch said:

I noticed that quite a long time ago. My personal workaround is to click the "show wishlist" box, then uncheck it - seems to work and avoids a hard refresh.

Ahh, nice! That works for me, too! Thanks for the tip!

This discussion has been closed.