Beta for DazCentral, your new Content Manager

Comments

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,981
    edited June 2020
    Luciel said:

One request!

Instead of completely removing the option to download via DIM from completed sales pages, can we have that as an alternative option?

Something along the lines of some "Or download via DIM" text under the button would be fine.

Right now we have to manually open DIM to download via it, which is slightly irksome!

As Central is intended for new users it makes sense to retain the usability for "advanced" users too.. laugh

Yes I would like that as well, to have that option rather than getting shoehorned into Daz Central. .As right now although not a overly real hassle, still annoying having to manually start DiM to download new purchases..

OK, but - if it works like DIM - should yu wish to go back to using Daz Central you may need to go into Chrome's preferences/settings and tell it which application to use to open a whatever file - I'm not sure what Daz Central uses, assumkng it's different from, DIM, and looking at an order page isn't enlightening.

I am using Firefox and in my settings it is set for DiM as default no changes made, but when I click on the download and install link after a purchase it sends me to the Daz Central page, instead of activating DiM.. So it looks like the option to auto start DiM has been removed completely..

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • vonHobovonHobo Posts: 1,638
    Ghosty12 said:
    Luciel said:

One request!

Instead of completely removing the option to download via DIM from completed sales pages, can we have that as an alternative option?

Something along the lines of some "Or download via DIM" text under the button would be fine.

Right now we have to manually open DIM to download via it, which is slightly irksome!

As Central is intended for new users it makes sense to retain the usability for "advanced" users too.. laugh

Yes I would like that as well, to have that option rather than getting shoehorned into Daz Central. .As right now although not a overly real hassle, still annoying having to manually start DiM to download new purchases..

I agree with this too. Why replace DIM completely on the download page after purchase. So annoying... what on earth was the rationale?

Gogger said:

I'm almost afraid to try this, but I know it is only a matter of time.  Question is, if I *TRY* DAZCentral, will I be able to revert to just using DIM again if it doesn't work out for me?

I tried DAZ Central and then quickly uninstalled it when I saw all the complaints here. The DAZ Central install was causing problems from the get go, like not recognizing DAZ Studio. 

Also, when I purchased a new product and clicked on the "Install with DAZ Central" button, it kept taking me back to the page for installing DAZ Central. * WTF, sorry but I'm kinda mad right now *

After uninstalling DAZ Central, I now have to take an extra step after purchases to run DIM manually. Thanks. I spend a lot of money here, so making my life harder makes sense, right?? 

But everything is still the way it was in DIM except for a few products that show as "recently installed" even though they were not. Whooo! Dodged a bullet this time!

I hope nothing else is screwed up.

edited June 2020

I think the whole idea of DAZ Central is nice. I just wish it was working properly for me. 

DIM is great and works just fine, but a more visual interface similar to DAZ Central would be good too. 

Post edited by vonHobo on
    von Hobo said:
    Ghosty12 said:
    Luciel said:

One request!

Yes I would like that as well, to have that option rather than getting shoehorned into Daz Central.. As right now although not a overly real hassle, still annoying having to manually start DiM to download new purchases..

I agree with this too. Why replace DIM completely on the download page after purchase. So annoying... what on earth was the rationale?

I have no idea why, the install download link does what it does.. But what I do know is that DiM has loads more configuration and functionality, compared to DazC which is problematic as it does look good but looking good does not make it any better if it does not have good functionality and configurability..

• Ghosty12 said:
    Luciel said:

One request!

OK, but - if it works like DIM - should yu wish to go back to using Daz Central you may need to go into Chrome's preferences/settings and tell it which application to use to open a whatever file - I'm not sure what Daz Central uses, assumkng it's different from, DIM, and looking at an order page isn't enlightening.

I am using Firefox and in my settings it is set for DiM as default no changes made, but when I click on the download and install link after a purchase it sends me to the Daz Central page, instead of activating DiM.. So it looks like the option to auto start DiM has been removed completely..

The DIM link is still in the Product Library. I was assuming that there would be two different kinds of link, each with their own application, rather than a change to the application launched by the one extension - which is necessary for both types to be supported.

As for it not recognising that Daz central is presedt, are you running any script-blockers on the Daz site? I'm still not at all sure how the process is handled, but if there is a scripted portion that isn't running (correctly or at all) that migth stop it from realising Daz Central was already present.

edited June 2020
    Ghosty12 said:
    Luciel said:

One request!

The DIM link is still in the Product Library. I was assuming that there would be two different kinds of link, each with their own application, rather than a change to the application launched by the one extension - which is necessary for both types to be supported.

As for it not recognising that Daz central is presedt, are you running any script-blockers on the Daz site? I'm still not at all sure how the process is handled, but if there is a scripted portion that isn't running (correctly or at all) that migth stop it from realising Daz Central was already present.

The thing is prior to DazCentral whenever clicking on the download and install link after product purchase, it would auto start and auto log into DiM.. Doing the same thing now just sends you to the Daz Central page, where it wants you to download and install it.. I tried Daz Central but it screwed up all my settings, and had no option for custom folder install of content..

Ghosty12 said:
    Ghosty12 said:
    Luciel said:

One request!

The thing is prior to DazCentral whenever clicking on the download and install link after product purchase, it would auto start and auto log into DiM.. Doing the same thing now just sends you to the Daz Central page, where it wants you to download and install it.. I tried Daz Central but it screwed up all my settings, and had no option for custom folder install of content..

Same problem here. Clicking on the download and install link after a purchase now just sends me to the DAZ Central landing page. Even after installing DAZ Central it just goes to the landing page after each purchase, and offers to install DAZ Central even though it is already installed. So there is no way to install a product after a purchase anymore, unless you go directly to the product library, or run DIM manually.

I have always used the default directories for both DAZ Studio and DIM, and I did the default install of DAZ Central. There is nothing special with my setup.

• Ghosty12 said:
    Ghosty12 said:
    Luciel said:

One request!

Yes, I understand that - and if you don't want to/can't use Daz Central then you need to use other options - the Product Library, start DIM manually, use Daz Connect.

edited June 2020
    von Hobo said:
    Ghosty12 said:
    Ghosty12 said:
    Luciel said:

One request!

Same problem here. Clicking on the download and install link after a purchase now just sends me to the DAZ Central landing page. Even after installing DAZ Central it just goes to the landing page after each purchase, and offers to install DAZ Central even though it is already installed. So there is no way to install a product after a purchase anymore, unless you go directly to the product library, or run DIM manually.

I have always used the default directories for both DAZ Studio and DIM, and I did the default install of DAZ Central. There is nothing special with my setup.

If that is the case then not sure what the point of having that after purchase page now, more so if the download and install button doesn't do anything even with Daz Central installed..

Ghosty12 said:
    Ghosty12 said:
    Luciel said:

One request!

Yes, I understand that - and if you don't want to/can't use Daz Central then you need to use other options - the Product Library, start DIM manually, use Daz Connect.

What should happen now then is that after each purchase it should redirect to the purchasers product library or something like that, since the after purchase page has no real purpose anymore..

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,436
    edited June 2020

I've been looking for all the threads but cant even find them...merge if needed. 

I installed DAZ Central a bit ago ... downloaded and installed manually. It opened after install and just sat there and spun for 10 minutes. When it completed, it wanted email and password. Email was already there , I typed in password. It would not do anything. 

Figured maybe I needed to do reset, so restarted my PC ... When I opened Daz Central, it had the loading icon, and then everything locked up. Mouse wouldn;t move, I could not get to desktop, nothing would open. I had to do a hard reset by turning off power. 

Once PC came back up, I launched Central again .. it took a long tiome to open, and then a huge banner that I do not have Daz Studio installed. I do have have had it. I then went to settings and changed them to reflect correct install paths, etc ... It toook minutes for it to change everything. It still cannot find DS. 

This is very frustrating. 

Hopefully suggestions here otherwise I'll place tiucket, but right now I'm more inclined to uninstall as it is hosing up my system. 

youdonthavedazstudio.jpg
    1639 x 460 - 107K
    Post edited by daveso on
  • FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038

I'm SO happy it doesn't work on MAC.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Here's the thread, and you're not alone.  It's Kind of more of an alpha than a beta from the look of it.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/407131/beta-for-dazcentral-your-new-content-manager#latest

• Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837

I haven't had any trouble, really. It was a little slow when I first installed it, but my system has been acting weird for weeks with the latest Windows10 updates and drivers for various things conflicting. Now that my drivers are up to date (manually, which is a huge pain), Central hasn't been an issue at all.

Joe Webb said:

I haven't had any trouble, really. It was a little slow when I first installed it, but my system has been acting weird for weeks with the latest Windows10 updates and drivers for various things conflicting. Now that my drivers are up to date (manually, which is a huge pain), Central hasn't been an issue at all.

thats good to hear. My system is all updated to current for a bit already, but this DC thing is really not working well on it. We shall see how it goes. My 1st thing would get it to recognize DS is actually installed, and perhaps it would work a bit better. 

Sevrin said:

Here's the thread, and you're not alone.  It's Kind of more of an alpha than a beta from the look of it.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/407131/beta-for-dazcentral-your-new-content-manager#latest

thanks. I'll wade through it. 

this may be addressed in this thread, but why does DC think I do not have DS installed? I put in the path where it resides, but DC cannot find it for some reason. 

youdonthavedazstudio.jpg
    1639 x 460 - 107K
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,558
    Fauvist said:

I'm SO happy it doesn't work on MAC.

Why, it's optional, at least for now.

I have no interest in trying it out. I use DIM and manual install and know what I have installed and where. Letting technology be your brain and do the thinking for you isn't always a good thing.

Ghosty12 said:
    Ghosty12 said:
    Luciel said:

One request!

I know how to install products, I was just pointing out the issues I noticed with DAZ Central. Thank you.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,151
    Sevrin said:

I didn’t follow that thread too closely, but did they even work out any of the bugs in the “beta” before they released it?

• Ghosty12 said:
    von Hobo said:
    Ghosty12 said:
    Ghosty12 said:
    Luciel said:

One request!

If that is the case then not sure what the point of having that after purchase page now, more so if the download and install button doesn't do anything even with Daz Central installed..

Ghosty12 said:
    Ghosty12 said:
    Luciel said:

One request!

What should happen now then is that after each purchase it should redirect to the purchasers product library or something like that, since the after purchase page has no real purpose anymore..

This is, we have been told, aimed at new users (or indeed established users who don't change the defaults) - for them the after purchase page and its link are fine.

edited June 2020

Also like to point out this apparent mistake on the after purchase page... is it DAZ Central or DAZ Install Manager they are referring to??? The button takes you to the DAZ Central install page, so that's confusing for new users I would imagine.

after purchase page.jpg
    599 x 179 - 78K
    Post edited by vonHobo on

Also like to point out this apparent mistake... is it DAZ Central or DAZ Install Manager they are referring to??? The button takes you to the DAZ Central install page, so that's confusing for new users I would imagine.

Ghosty12 said:
    von Hobo said:
    Ghosty12 said:
    Ghosty12 said:
    Luciel said:

One request!

Ghosty12 said:
    Ghosty12 said:
    Luciel said:

One request!

This is, we have been told, aimed at new users (or indeed established users who don't change the defaults) - for them the after purchase page and its link are fine.

I'm an established user who has not changed the defaults, and it does not work for me. Sorry

• von Hobo said:

Also like to point out this apparent mistake... is it DAZ Central or DAZ Install Manager they are referring to??? The button takes you to the DAZ Central install page, so that's confusing for new users I would imagine.

Ghosty12 said:
    von Hobo said:
    Ghosty12 said:
    Ghosty12 said:
    Luciel said:

One request!

Ghosty12 said:
    Ghosty12 said:
    Luciel said:

One request!

I'm an established user who has not changed the defaults, and it does not work for me. Sorry

Please make sure you report this to Daz https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

i have no patience to wait for an answer to my question ..uninstalling. 

daveso said:

Not sure why it doesn't recognize DAZ Studio, but that's why I uninstalled it too. They should have tested this software better before release.

What a mess. 

von Hobo said:
    daveso said:

Not sure why it doesn't recognize DAZ Studio, but that's why I uninstalled it too. They should have tested this software better before release.

What a mess. 

for sure. I use a lot of software, and just cannot stand having to deal with unworkable stuff. 

• Why, it's optional, at least for now.

"For now"  is a very worrying sentence, believe me. This is a promise for troubles in the actual culture of my country.

• GiGi_7 said:

Why, it's optional, at least for now.

"For now"  is a very worrying sentence, believe me. This is a promise for troubles in the actual culture of my country.

It's also not the official word, though I am sure an official word would have to include hedges against possible changes of situation in the future.

• jpetersen1jpetersen1 Posts: 148
    edited June 2020
    Ghosty12 said:
    Luciel said:

The same thing happens with Safari.

Instead of activating the Daz Installer app, the Download All button on the Orders page sends you back to the Daz Installer download page rather than activating the app on your local computer. The button asumes you don't have the new software yet, even if you do and thus sends you back to the Installer download page instead of activating the Installer.

Post edited by jpetersen1 on