Report sales errors here: "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• no noseno nose Posts: 300
    edited May 2020

is it just me, or are discounts/sales completely gone?

Post edited by no nose on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,713

It's not just you...

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,747
    edited May 2020

Rats! My Gift Card still shows 30% off, but the three items from today's offerings are at full price. Guess I have to wait longer to buy today.

"Daz 3D has let us know that they are working on the issue with the sales rules and it shouldbe fixed in a few minutes.  In the meantime we have a contest.  Post what your favorite product is and why.  The most entertaining 3 answers that have been posted when the issue is fixed each get $150 store credit added to their acount.  Here is my post"  

RSSY Converters Series - Opens up all the wonderful older products to the G8 Generation!

Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 454

Platinum Club freebies aren't showing up as free in my cart, although they say free on the Platinum Club page.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322
    edited May 2020

Platinum Club freebies aren't showing up as free in my cart, although they say free on the Platinum Club page.

Everything in the store seems to have gone to full price in the cart, including "freebies"; No discounnts at all.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313

Everything in the store seems to have gone to full price in the cart, including "freebies"; No discounnts at all.

Yea - someone somewhere has screwed up.

• DMaxDMax Posts: 637

Yeah I have tried it multiple times only to have all the discounts ripped out when I was ready to check out... all gone to full price... it's a let down and tbh rather frustrating :(

• ChakradudeChakradude Posts: 249

Ah well, it will all settle out eventually.

• AsariAsari Posts: 703
    edited May 2020
    Wolfwood said:

I have to agree this gift card sale is really bad.

Many other gift card sales were also coupled with the purchase of a new release where you have a bigger choice to buy stuff you actually want and need. Or, with new releases you could often buy a pc+ item so you don't overspend just to unlock the gift card sale.

Last gift cards where you could get up to 36% off was tied to the amount of the gift card. There was one where you could get 40% off if you spend much but I missed out on that one.

Post edited by Asari on
    Asari said:
    Last gift cards where you could get up to 36% off was tied to the amount of the gift card. There was one where you could get 40% off if you spend much but I missed out on that one.

Was going to purchase a rather sizeable gift card so perhaps I should wait for the legendary 40% promo as I am not quite in a hurry; have yet to finish playing around with all my recent new purchases, having just returned to DAZ after a 14 year hiatus!

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

The current issue with items not being discounted in the cart has been reported and is being looked into.

• drmaximus said:
    Asari said:

Was going to purchase a rather sizeable gift card so perhaps I should wait for the legendary 40% promo as I am not quite in a hurry; have yet to finish playing around with all my recent new purchases, having just returned to DAZ after a 14 year hiatus!

Wow, welcome back!!!

• miketeemiketee Posts: 58

When I put on-sale items into my cart, they are listed as full price. 5-11-20. The gift card adjusts downward with each new item added. But the items themselves are listed at full price in the cart, though discounted in the shop.

Wow, welcome back!!!

Thank you! It's almost like a whole new world! The last time I played around was with Genesis LOL... but work and real life kept me away for so long and I never did get down to learning Studio... back now with lots of inspiration!

• LindaBLindaB Posts: 169

Damn... I wanted a gift card sale but this has to be the worst gift card sale I've seen since I joined Daz in December 2019.

I've been spending a lot lately and definitely could use a gift card sale. The 30% off is a great discount; BUT the buy-in cost is pretty steep considering I don't need any of today's new releases. Guess I'll just have to curtail my spending for awhile

Same here, I'd have to buy things I have no use for, and the buy in is at least $30 for a 30% gift card. What is the point? .

• alex86firealex86fire Posts: 1,130

Damn... I wanted a gift card sale but this has to be the worst gift card sale I've seen since I joined Daz in December 2019.

I've been spending a lot lately and definitely could use a gift card sale. The 30% off is a great discount; BUT the buy-in cost is pretty steep considering I don't need any of today's new releases. Guess I'll just have to curtail my spending for awhile

I wouldn't mind it that much if I could buy the 3 new items with store credit for example and activate the gift card discount for a sepparate cart. But like this... I'll just take it as a sign not to spend money in the near future :).

It's a good way to limit Daz spending if you're only using store credit. I kind of also self imposed a 30% discount on gift cards to get store credit. This way I keep the spending in check.

LindaB said:

Same here, I'd have to buy things I have no use for, and the buy in is at least $30 for a 30% gift card. What is the point? .

Newbie here trying to understand this sale: I will have to purchase 2 or 3 out of the ONLY 10 listed "new" items for this to work, right?

• antimityantimity Posts: 13

Can't get any of the new sales to show in my cart. It just shows full price... Anyone else having this issue or might know of a fix for this?

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

not seeing nr discounts

cart glitching again?

nr.JPG
    990 x 692 - 56K
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    drmaximus said:
    LindaB said:

Newbie here trying to understand this sale: I will have to purchase 2 or 3 out of the ONLY 10 listed "new" items for this to work, right?

If you buy 2 of the 10 items, it's 20% off.  If you buy 3, it's 30% off.  Not worthwhile unless you actuallywant the qualifying items, and discounts are all broken right now.

• We're workign on the problem with the sales everyone.  Shoudl be fixed soon.  Apologies and thank you for your patience.

Sevrin said:

If you buy 2 of the 10 items, it's 20% off.  If you buy 3, it's 30% off.  Not worthwhile unless you actuallywant the qualifying items, and discounts are all broken right now.

Yeah the bummer is one would have to select from the slim list of 10 items... would be more generous if any "new" item would have been applicable. Based on those 10 items, let's say costing about $35 total, one's breakeven point would be a minimum giftcard purchase of approx $120, assuming one wouldn't have purchased any of the 10 items listed to begin with.

Sevrin said:
    drmaximus said:
    LindaB said:

i actually want the room  for my vslentino.  for something like the billy squire video  rock me tonight

but cart is glitching.  scared now, last major glitch overcharged my cc , all the discounts disappeared at last second, over 200 bux 

• Antig0neAntig0ne Posts: 6

Things were showing as 75% off, and somehow in the fix everything became full price, or the extra 10% on featured artists becomes 10% instead of 60%. 

Personally I've been holding back on buying this month because the price history on most of my wishlist items shows that last year's Memorial Day sale was really good so I'm hoping that will be the case this year. I've only been using Daz since June, just had my 11th month Daz-iversery so I don't know all the big times for sales, I've only just started spending money recently since I wanted to make sure this was a hobby I'd stick with. And now I'm addicted to browsing through sales laugh

• To make it up to you all (while we fix the sales), let's do this:

Put this test in your post "Daz 3D has let us know that they are working on the issue with the sales rules and it shouldbe fixed in a few minutes.  In the meantime we have a contest.  Post what your favorite product is and why.  The most entertaining 3 answers that have been posted when the issue is fixed each get $150 store credit added to their acount.  Here is my post"  Then add your details on a product and why.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Daz 3D has let us know that they are working on the issue with the sales rules and it shouldbe fixed in a few minutes.  In the meantime we have a contest.  Post what your favorite product is and why.  The most entertaining 3 answers that have been posted when the issue is fixed each get $150 store credit added to their acount.  Here is my post

My favourite single product is Mesh Grabber.   It lets me quickly fix poke-throughs and adjust for unwanted collisions and get on with my scene.

Daz 3D has let us know that they are working on the issue with the sales rules and it should be fixed in a few minutes.  In the meantime we have a contest.  Post what your favorite product is and why.  The most entertaining 3 answers that have been posted when the issue is fixed each get $150 store credit added to their acount.  Here is my post...

After a 14 year hiatus from DAZ due to work and real life, I recently returned to discover that the DAZ world has changed so much for the better! Skin tones, resolutions and bones have improved by leaps and bounds since the time I was toying around with the first Genesis (and who recalls Michael 1 LOL)! But what really caught my attention was coming across this item (https://www.daz3d.com/he-loves-him-poses-for-genesis-8-male), simply because it proves to me without doubt that the DAZ community is not only a creative and sharing community but also one that is open, accepting and loving... exactly the ingredients that any aspiring artist would appreciate in his creative world.

"Daz 3D has let us know that they are working on the issue with the sales rules and it shouldbe fixed in a few minutes.  In the meantime we have a contest.  Post what your favorite product is and why.  The most entertaining 3 answers that have been posted when the issue is fixed each get $150 store credit added to their acount.  Here is my post"

Valentinocuz he reminds me of billy squire, rock me tonight and i really want to sock him in the new room https://www.daz3d.com/unwinding-space

whch i hope to own after glitch is fixed.  might even add george to scene to keep him company.

• Daz 3D has let us know that they are working on the issue with the sales rules and it shouldbe fixed in a few minutes.  In the meantime we have a contest.  Post what your favorite product is and why.  The most entertaining 3 answers that have been posted when the issue is fixed each get $150 store credit added to their acount.  Here is my post:

Mountain Valley: https://www.daz3d.com/mountain-valley is a ridiculous amount of fun. Not only does it look really sweet in iRay, but there are so many scenes you can set up. It's literally having a Back To The Future sound stage for your characters to be posed up in. Sure, there's lots of other great environments but I love how much variety I can get out of that set. Anything from retro to scifi and of course modern.

• DAZ_Steve said:

To make it up to you all (while we fix the sales), let's do this:

Put this test in your post "Daz 3D has let us know that they are working on the issue with the sales rules and it shouldbe fixed in a few minutes.  In the meantime we have a contest.  Post what your favorite product is and why.  The most entertaining 3 answers that have been posted when the issue is fixed each get $150 store credit added to their acount.  Here is my post"  Then add your details on a product and why.

My favorite items are light sets, no specific ones.  Since I am still rather new to DAZ, I have had a lot of frustration with my scenes being plunged into darkness or blasting my eyeballs out as I switch back and forth from textured to the Nvidia/iray and such.  I need to remember to adjust that headlamp.....  Regardless, light sets are a lot of fun to mess with, and reduce my need for sunglasses as I put together my scenes.

This discussion has been closed.