Report sales errors here: "There's Always Another Sale™"

L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
edited June 2020 in The Commons

Looks like it's time for a new sales thread. You'll find the last one here.

Post edited by L'Adair on

Comments

• lana_lasslana_lass Posts: 518

Thanks @L'Adair!

Not sure if this is happening for others, but I'm on today's $20 off sale page and I have it set to sort by New Arrivals. Yet, I'm seeing random Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 items on pages 1-3 and Genesis 8 items in amongst M4-V4 items on page 12! It seems the sort by feature is a little out of whack. 

• AtiAti Posts: 9,082
    lana_lass said:

Thanks @L'Adair!

Not sure if this is happening for others, but I'm on today's $20 off sale page and I have it set to sort by New Arrivals. Yet, I'm seeing random Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 items on pages 1-3 and Genesis 8 items in amongst M4-V4 items on page 12! It seems the sort by feature is a little out of whack. 

Try sorting by something else, and then by new arrivals again. The link sometimes sorts by popularity, and that's not what's shown in the dropdown menu.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807

Some of yesterday's "Newly Mad" items (Ling Hair, Varangian Way, Japanese Tea Shop etc.) are priced at 15% off currently, rather than the 40% I'd have expected. Slightly older Madness items get the expected 40% discount.

Ati said:
    lana_lass said:

Thanks @L'Adair!

Try sorting by something else, and then by new arrivals again. The link sometimes sorts by popularity, and that's not what's shown in the dropdown menu.

Thanks, @Ati ! That's a great tip :)

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,440

so you get $20 off 5 DO items? If the item is $10, do you lose the remaining $10? 

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009
    daveso said:

so you get $20 off 5 DO items? If the item is $10, do you lose the remaining $10? 

That's what it looks like, but I haven't tried very hard.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,015
    edited March 2020
    James_H said:
    daveso said:

Looks to be however it is off EACH of the 5 items - if selecting items priced less than $20, that's 5 free items ... although buying 4 of the new items just to get them doesn't make sense if you don't want ogres etc.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Some of yesterday's "Newly Mad" items (Ling Hair, Varangian Way, Japanese Tea Shop etc.) are priced at 15% off currently, rather than the 40% I'd have expected. Slightly older Madness items get the expected 40% discount.

Reported

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,440
    James_H said:
    daveso said:

Looks to be however it is off EACH of the 5 items - if selecting items priced less than $20, that's 5 free items ... although buying 4 of the new items just to get them doesn't make sense if you don't want ogres etc.

there are a couple of items that can fit other situations ... the agre, yeah, cool, but i dont need it. The $20 or 15$ off each  deal is nice bonus. 

• evacynevacyn Posts: 958

Has anyone been able to figure out what the criteria is for sorting of the DO items? I have sort by 'New Arrival', but I get Genesis items (Football Uniform) in the first 50 items. Okay sure.

• alex86firealex86fire Posts: 1,130
    evacyn said:

Has anyone been able to figure out what the criteria is for sorting of the DO items? I have sort by 'New Arrival', but I get Genesis items (Football Uniform) in the first 50 items. Okay sure.

It usually bugs the first time you click it.

Just sort by most popular and back to new arrivals and it should be fixed.

When you click the link, you'll notice in the address bar that it says "order=popular" so even though the dropdown box doesn't reflect this, the items are sorted by popularity. If you specifically select "new arrivals" again (even though it says so already), then you will see them sorted by this criterion.

• evacynevacyn Posts: 958

Awesome - thank you both.

• Does the "Select items for 99 cents" sale have some sort of requirements, other than being a PC+ member? It doesn't seem to work.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Today's PC+ members only sale isn't discounting to 99 cents.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,571

I'm not seeing the sale yet. Maybe still propagating?

I was about to say! I'm PC + and I'm not seeing it either :) But I'll be pleased when I am seeing it haha!

• Payat ParinPayat Parin Posts: 980

The I-RE-MEMBER code for 99 cents sale is not working at this time.

• Taking bets that 12 hours from now the PC Sales Banner will still be displayed saying, "In the next 4 Hours..."

That code is for the annual membership.

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

You not the only one.
  • SamanthieSamanthie Posts: 308
    dawnblade said:

Today's PC+ members only sale isn't discounting to 99 cents.

same here

• 99 cent sale is working for me now

• alex86firealex86fire Posts: 1,130

As Ati said, the code is for membership.

The items are getting the discount. I selected a few random ones and all went to 0.99.

edited March 2020

I'm not even seeing the banner! The madness hamsters seem to have got into the Daz machine the last 48 hours.

EDIT: And now my cart has jumped from $43 to $105 because the 4 Ogre items are no longer providing $20 off 5 items :( :( Hopefully these are just tech issues that will be fixed ASAP

EDIT EDIT: Aaaaaaaand now the discount is back, so yeah definitely some issues occuring

Post edited by lana_lass on
  • DripDrip Posts: 1,136
    lana_lass said:

I'm not even seeing the banner! The madness hamsters seem to have got into the Daz machine the last 48 hours 

Me neither on my regular browser (Firefox, logged in). However, in IE (Not logged in), I get the banners in the old wide scrolling style, and there is a flash sale banner.

Drip said:
    lana_lass said:

I'm not even seeing the banner! The madness hamsters seem to have got into the Daz machine the last 48 hours 

Me neither on my regular browser (Firefox, logged in). However, in IE (Not logged in), I get the banners in the old wide scrolling style, and there is a flash sale banner.

Yeah, the banner only appears for those who see the old-format scrolling banner.

Thanks for the heads up @Drip. I've now discovered that, weirdly I'm getting it on my phone but nowhere else!

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    Hanabi said:

99 cent sale is working for me now

Thanks! Working for me now too.

• SamanthieSamanthie Posts: 308

99 cent working now thank you! :)

This discussion has been closed.