[Released] Anilip 2 [Commercial]

Comments

• his xhis x Posts: 866
    Dobit said:
    his x said:
    Dobit said:

You are welcome to send us examples of your recording, then we can look at it and say more.

Thank you.

I am assuming then that Anilip is unique in using the Windows STT system. Am I correct?

SAPI is a Windows standard that is used in countless products and solutions for speech recognition or Text2Speech since 1995. Alternatives to this can only be found in the cloud today. AWS, Google, Azure, IBM, Nuance and many more.

Thank you Dobit. Sorry, I meant to say 'unique among lipsync software.' I believe the answer is yes. Personally I can't spare the time to debug this 'windows standard.' AWS transcription is fast, easy, free for light use, dirt cheap in pay mode, and best of all, AWS JSON does not stop Anilip from functioning. It works. You were wise to provide AWS as a fallback.

The accuracy of STT has never been 100% no matter who does it, and AWS is no exception. However, the JSON file contains an editable transcript of my audio file, and I can I can make any needed corrections before submitting the file to Anilip. This is the next best thing to actually seeing and editing the lipsync animation on a timeline. It's less work too.

Anilip begins its animation on frame 1 by default and does not allow me to change this. I found that I could, with some fiddling, make an Aniblock out of the animation and adjust its start frame. The alternative would be adjusting the start time in compositing software (groan).

I am pleased and relieved that DAZ has provided a needed alternative to the aging 32 bit Mimic program. Anilip will make lipsync in DAZ possible long after Mimic is gone. I am glad for this.

You've told us you have the next Anilip release in the works. Can you show us a timeline? a list of planned enhancements?

Thanks.

• DobitDobit Posts: 181
    his x said:
    Dobit said:
    his x said:
    Dobit said:

You are welcome to send us examples of your recording, then we can look at it and say more.

Thank you.

I am assuming then that Anilip is unique in using the Windows STT system. Am I correct?

SAPI is a Windows standard that is used in countless products and solutions for speech recognition or Text2Speech since 1995. Alternatives to this can only be found in the cloud today. AWS, Google, Azure, IBM, Nuance and many more.

Thank you Dobit. Sorry, I meant to say 'unique among lipsync software.' I believe the answer is yes. Personally I can't spare the time to debug this 'windows standard.' AWS transcription is fast, easy, free for light use, dirt cheap in pay mode, and best of all, AWS JSON does not stop Anilip from functioning. It works. You were wise to provide AWS as a fallback.

The accuracy of STT has never been 100% no matter who does it, and AWS is no exception. However, the JSON file contains an editable transcript of my audio file, and I can I can make any needed corrections before submitting the file to Anilip. This is the next best thing to actually seeing and editing the lipsync animation on a timeline. It's less work too.

Anilip begins its animation on frame 1 by default and does not allow me to change this. I found that I could, with some fiddling, make an Aniblock out of the animation and adjust its start frame. The alternative would be adjusting the start time in compositing software (groan).

I am pleased and relieved that DAZ has provided a needed alternative to the aging 32 bit Mimic program. Anilip will make lipsync in DAZ possible long after Mimic is gone. I am glad for this.

You've told us you have the next Anilip release in the works. Can you show us a timeline? a list of planned enhancements?

Thanks.

There are not many Windows based LipSync products, but as far as I know Voice-O-Matic and IClone also use MS SAPI for speech recognition. But as I said, we are happy to look at your file.

To start Lip Sync at an other frame offset, you can use Animate2 and Aniblocks or you can save as a "Pose Preset". Just select all Viseme options (see example image). You can then load your preset at any frame offset.

We are planning a maintenance release for our existing customers for the next 2 months. We want to better support 3rd party voices and will publish a list of tested 3rd party voices. There will be minor feature additions and some bug fixes. Otherwise we are working on recognizing moods and converting them to a 3D figure. However, we cannot yet give a specific date here.

Anilip 2 Pose Preset.png
    621 x 756 - 42K
    edited February 2020
    Dobit said:
    his x said:
    Dobit said:
    his x said:
    Dobit said:

Thank you.

Thanks.

There are not many Windows based LipSync products, but as far as I know Voice-O-Matic and IClone also use MS SAPI for speech recognition. But as I said, we are happy to look at your file.

To start Lip Sync at an other frame offset, you can use Animate2 and Aniblocks or you can save as a "Pose Preset". Just select all Viseme options (see example image). You can then load your preset at any frame offset.

We are planning a maintenance release for our existing customers for the next 2 months. We want to better support 3rd party voices and will publish a list of tested 3rd party voices. There will be minor feature additions and some bug fixes. Otherwise we are working on recognizing moods and converting them to a 3D figure. However, we cannot yet give a specific date here.

Thank you. This raises the question, how is the Anilip implementation different from the iClone implementation. I'm not really asking, I'm just wondering. I've not had a single voice recognition issue with Reallusion since 2004. It was CrazyTalk that introduced me to lipsync. I was fascinated with lipsync then, and still am.

I assume by 'third party voices' you mean TTS. Personally I've never been satisfied with TTS. Adobe Voco would have been wonderful for voiceovers. What a shame a sudden change of heart 'persuaded' them to withhold it. For a short time I visualized exchanging my Voco 'voice profile' with other voice actors.

EDIT

Ah, Pose Preset! I'll learn that!

Post edited by his x on
    his x said:
    Dobit said:
    his x said:
    Dobit said:
    his x said:
    Dobit said:

Thank you.

Thanks.

Thank you. This raises the question, how is the Anilip implementation different from the iClone implementation. I'm not really asking, I'm just wondering. I've not had a single voice recognition issue with Reallusion since 2004. It was CrazyTalk that introduced me to lipsync. I was fascinated with lipsync then, and still am.

I assume by 'third party voices' you mean TTS. Personally I've never been satisfied with TTS. Adobe Voco would have been wonderful for voiceovers. What a shame a sudden change of heart 'persuaded' them to withhold it. For a short time I visualized exchanging my Voco 'voice profile' with other voice actors.

EDIT

Ah, Pose Preset! I'll learn that!

Thank you for the information and comparisons. In the end, I think it's probably a question of error handling. We do it rather strictly, others may be more relaxed. If we analyzed your recording, we would most likely find the signal level too low. Maybe that as a hint for others who might get such an error message.

edited February 2020
    Dobit said:

Thank you for the information and comparisons. In the end, I think it's probably a question of error handling. We do it rather strictly, others may be more relaxed. If we analyzed your recording, we would most likely find the signal level too low. Maybe that as a hint for others who might get such an error message.

My original goal was to compare lipsync using the DAZ House Cat in Anilip, Mimic 3.0 and iClone 7. My attempts failed. I'm glad I established that AWS with Anilip works. I plan to use it.

I will be lipsyncing with Anilip again during the coming week. I'll try increasing the recording levels and see what happens.

IMHO, a user-selectable "default/legacy" switch, allowing me to match common error-handling behavior, might have been handy. Just a thought.

I'll let you know what happens. FYI, below is an Audacity screen shot of the recording level of the file that produces errors in Anilip 2.

EDIT

I increased the volume level of the recording and it went through the first time, no errors. Thank you.

levels.jpg
    1015 x 303 - 65K
    Post edited by his x on
    his x said:
    Dobit said:

My original goal was to compare lipsync using the DAZ House Cat in Anilip, Mimic 3.0 and iClone 7. My attempts failed. I'm glad I established that AWS with Anilip works. I plan to use it.

I will be lipsyncing with Anilip again during the coming week. I'll try increasing the recording levels and see what happens.

IMHO, a user-selectable "default/legacy" switch, allowing me to match common error-handling behavior, might have been handy. Just a thought.

I'll let you know what happens. FYI, below is an Audacity screen shot of the recording level of the file that produces errors in Anilip 2.

EDIT

I increased the volume level of the recording and it went through the first time, no errors. Thank you.

Just a side note: Audacity has a 'normalize' feature (Effects/Normalize). This function optimally levels the signal.

edited February 2020
    Dobit said:

Just a side note: Audacity has a 'normalize' feature (Effects/Normalize). This function optimally levels the signal.

:-) It works very well too. Noise reduction is also effective. In the past I've never made so much progress that I had to deal with these things. It is gratifying to get positive results.

Say...I see Stressed, Jaw Strength, Lip Strength, and Overall Strength settings. It is good to be able to put a fine point on each shape frame-by-frame. How does one work with a "broader brush?" How to edit an entire column at once? How to edit strength on a file-wide basis?

EDIT

Wait... I may have figured out why Anilip shows up in the Parameters settings...

Post edited by his x on

I wonder what this one means.

This error only comes up when hand-entered text does not match the machine-transcribed text.

tooslow.jpg
    382 x 108 - 11K
    his x said:
    Dobit said:

:-) It works very well too. Noise reduction is also effective. In the past I've never made so much progress that I had to deal with these things. It is gratifying to get positive results.

Say...I see Stressed, Jaw Strength, Lip Strength, and Overall Strength settings. It is good to be able to put a fine point on each shape frame-by-frame. How does one work with a "broader brush?" How to edit an entire column at once? How to edit strength on a file-wide basis?

EDIT

Wait... I may have figured out why Anilip shows up in the Parameters settings...

I would recommend our tutorial videos 'Viseme Model' and 'Viseme Animation'. They provide answers to your questions.

edited March 2020

You've been very helpful, thanks for your time. I've learned from our dialog learned how to start the animation on a given frame, and how to avoid certain transcription errors. That will have to be enough. As a champion of the written word, I'm going to pass on the YT videos for the time being.

EDIT

I must retract my earlier endorsement of AWS. Evidently you need to count your fingers after you shake hands with AWS these days. Their business conduct is not what I remembered, unfortunately.

My most recent attempt to persuade Anilip to transcribe a WAV file, after using both Noise Reduction and Normalization, resulted in continued error messages. I strongly recommend that you allow your users to set your transcription sensitivity levels to match Mimic or iClone. This is an important usability issue. Alternatively, if you have unique and critical requirements for recorded audio input files, publish them.

I look forward to your next release.

Post edited by his x on
  • wintoonswintoons Posts: 371

Hi there,

I've bought this plugin and I wanted to see how this works. 
    But when I add a audio file (wav) into the Speech recognition tab, I'm always getting this pop up message which says 

'The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context.'

What does that mean? 

wintoons said:

Hi there,

But when I add a audio file (wav) into the Speech recognition tab, I'm always getting this pop up message which says 

What does that mean? 

Can you please check that speech recognition is working in your Windows installation. Please follow the tests here to make sure that your Windows 10 is configured to support speech recognition. 

Dobit said:
    wintoons said:

Hi there,

What does that mean? 

Can you please check that speech recognition is working in your Windows installation. Please follow the tests here to make sure that your Windows 10 is configured to support speech recognition. 

I thought we said that Realusion used WSR, did we not? If that is true, then CrazyTalk and iClone would not work, not so? They are working fine. I have never seen an error from them since 2004. This is the kind of behavior I had hoped for in Anilip.

I began taking pains to set my record signal level at around .7, as .5 is "too low" and 1 is "too high." Anilip is very sensitive to signal levels. Then I switched mics, replacing my Blue Snowball with an Audio Activa AT2020. Last I ran Audacity Noise Reduction using the default settings. Anilip accepted this recording without errors. I am hoping to be able to repeat this. At the moment I'm surprised a microphone could make this kind of difference. I am learning about microphones.  My recording room is more reflective that it should be, and I am hoping that addressing this will also contribute to more reliable Anilip transcription.

The purpose of "training" your STT software, as we once had to do in Dragon Dictate, is to increase the typing accuracy. It doesn't help the software accept the signal. Anilip has a signal quality issue, not a transcription accuracy issue. True, the transcription accuracy is not very good, but it's as good as AWS. It's less important in lipsync than it is in typing. It is not our primary concern.

I came here to get help, and hopefully to learn. Instead I find myself trying to convince you that these problems are not of my own making. This isn't helping. Lipsync is crucial to the future viability of DAZ3D as an animation tool, and Mimic has "one foot in." It is important that Anilip's idiosynchrasies are identified, one way or the other.

his x said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:

Hi there,

What does that mean? 

I thought we said that Realusion used WSR, did we not? If that is true, then CrazyTalk and iClone would not work, not so? They are working fine. I have never seen an error from them since 2004. This is the kind of behavior I had hoped for in Anilip.

I began taking pains to set my record signal level at around .7, as .5 is "too low" and 1 is "too high." Anilip is very sensitive to signal levels. Then I switched mics, replacing my Blue Snowball with an Audio Activa AT2020. Last I ran Audacity Noise Reduction using the default settings. Anilip accepted this recording without errors. I am hoping to be able to repeat this. At the moment I'm surprised a microphone could make this kind of difference. I am learning about microphones.  My recording room is more reflective that it should be, and I am hoping that addressing this will also contribute to more reliable Anilip transcription.

The purpose of "training" your STT software, as we once had to do in Dragon Dictate, is to increase the typing accuracy. It doesn't help the software accept the signal. Anilip has a signal quality issue, not a transcription accuracy issue. True, the transcription accuracy is not very good, but it's as good as AWS. It's less important in lipsync than it is in typing. It is not our primary concern.

I came here to get help, and hopefully to learn. Instead I find myself trying to convince you that these problems are not of my own making. This isn't helping. Lipsync is crucial to the future viability of DAZ3D as an animation tool, and Mimic has "one foot in." It is important that Anilip's idiosynchrasies are identified, one way or the other.

I don't think it's fair to say we won't help you. You have reported a speech recognition problem and we have given you the possible causes. Of course we want to continue to develop and improve the handling of the software in the future. Your input is very helpful for this. However, we cannot shoot from the hip and have to look closely at possible improvements. So far, we haven't had many customers who have reported speech recognition problems. But maybe that's because the focus is mostly on TTS. We are already thinking about configurable error handling, or rather to handle such 'errors' as notes and rather to log instead of displaying them in the popup. But please give us some time to properly design these things. Your problems have arrived with us. No reason to convince us.

Dobit said:

I don't think it's fair to say we won't help you.

The problem is mine, not yours. I'm not here to argue with you.

Dobit said:
    wintoons said:

Hi there,

What does that mean? 

Yes, I've checked it and that works.

But when using Anilip to import a wav file into it, that error message comes up. I've entered the correct serial code from Daz and entered it into the Plug in menu. 

edited March 2020
    wintoons said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:

Hi there,

What does that mean? 

But when using Anilip to import a wav file into it, that error message comes up. I've entered the correct serial code from Daz and entered it into the Plug in menu. 

Your error message is a Windows internal message. Unfortunately, you hardly get any usable information about the meaning of this message.

Does Text To Speech work in Anilip 2 if you enter text there?

Did you make any changes or patches to the registry?

Post edited by Dobit on
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:

Hi there,

What does that mean? 

Your error message is a Windows internal message. Unfortunately, you hardly get any usable information about the meaning of this message.

Yes the text to speech works, it's only the Speech Recognition when selecting a wav file. 

And no I haven't done anything with the Windows registry if that is what you mean. 

wintoons said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:

Hi there,

What does that mean? 

Yes the text to speech works, it's only the Speech Recognition when selecting a wav file. 

And no I haven't done anything with the Windows registry if that is what you mean. 

Have you tried other wav files too? With our tutorial we deliver a sample file "scenes/dobit/Anilip 2/candle.wav". Could you please try this file? We're not sure if the problem is with the file or something else.

Dobit said:
    wintoons said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:

Hi there,

What does that mean? 

Have you tried other wav files too? With our tutorial we deliver a sample file "scenes/dobit/Anilip 2/candle.wav". Could you please try this file? We're not sure if the problem is with the file or something else.

Yeah I have tried the candle wav file and I also tried another wav file and no luck :( 

wintoons said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:

Hi there,

What does that mean? 

Yeah I have tried the candle wav file and I also tried another wav file and no luck :( 

Sounds like a very tricky problem. But we'll figure it out.

Can you please check your Daz Studio log file (Help/Troubleshooting/View Logfile) whether Anilip wrote any entries there.

Dobit said:
    wintoons said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:

Hi there,

What does that mean? 

Can you please check your Daz Studio log file (Help/Troubleshooting/View Logfile) whether Anilip wrote any entries there.

I'm having trouble uploading it here. I'll send it to you via your email. Sent it through your support email address

wintoons said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:

Hi there,

What does that mean? 

I'm having trouble uploading it here. I'll send it to you via your email. Sent it through your support email address

Thanks for the log files. We didn't find anything unusual in it. We are currently preparing a special version of Anilip 2 for you with an modified, extended error handling. We will send you this version in the next few days, which will hopefully give us more information about the problems of your installation.

edited March 2020
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:

Hi there,

What does that mean? 

Thanks for the log files. We didn't find anything unusual in it. We are currently preparing a special version of Anilip 2 for you with an modified, extended error handling. We will send you this version in the next few days, which will hopefully give us more information about the problems of your installation.

No problem :) That will be good. 

Post edited by wintoons on
  • zmodiszmodis Posts: 6

Hello,

I just purchased this plugin, and watched all the tutorials, but there doesn;t seem to be a good way to edit Visemes.  Many times these Visemes contain too many (phonemes?) sliders that interfere and make the lip animation look bad in my opinion.  I just want to get rid of them, or take down a few specific ones that keep appearing in each Viseme. If I take down some of the unnessary sliders in these Viseme groups at a point on the timeline and play the animation, its not smooth.  Any advice? 

BTW graphmate does not exist anymore.

zmodis said:

Hello,

I just purchased this plugin, and watched all the tutorials, but there doesn;t seem to be a good way to edit Visemes.  Many times these Visemes contain too many (phonemes?) sliders that interfere and make the lip animation look bad in my opinion.  I just want to get rid of them, or take down a few specific ones that keep appearing in each Viseme. If I take down some of the unnessary sliders in these Viseme groups at a point on the timeline and play the animation, its not smooth.  Any advice? 

I hope to understand the problem. If you delete individual visemes from the list, you have to make sure that you adjust the duration of the previous viseme. Example: the viseme to be deleted has a duration of 50ms. The previous viseme has a duration of 120 ms. After the deletion, this viseme must be edited to have a duration of 170 ms. After changing the length of the viseme, the changes must be written back to the timeline (red button).

• zmodiszmodis Posts: 6
    Dobit said:
    zmodis said:

Hello,

I hope to understand the problem. If you delete individual visemes from the list, you have to make sure that you adjust the duration of the previous viseme. Example: the viseme to be deleted has a duration of 50ms. The previous viseme has a duration of 120 ms. After the deletion, this viseme must be edited to have a duration of 170 ms. After changing the length of the viseme, the changes must be written back to the timeline (red button).

When I wrote that I didn't understand how this program actually worked.  Now that I understand it better, this is a really outstanding piece of software.

Dobit said:
    wintoons said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:

Hi there,

What does that mean? 

Hi there, any luck seeing the special version of Anilip 2? I haven't heard from you and I don't know if you have sent it or not.

wintoons said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:
    Dobit said:
    wintoons said:

Hi there,

What does that mean? 

Hi there, any luck seeing the special version of Anilip 2? I haven't heard from you and I don't know if you have sent it or not.

Sorry for the delay. We did not forget you. We will send you the new debug version this week.

• estheresther Posts: 608

still waiting for news of a mac version.