New Daz-OptiTex Dynamic Clothes thread [Commercial]

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    edited December 1969

In your product Library. Just redownload the DS 4.6Pro files. It will give you the current version.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

Yeah! Working again :D

Now to finish this book cover ... Thanks guys.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited December 1969

I did a texture set for Mucha Imperial, if anyone is interested.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/74993/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Shimmer-for-Mucha-Imperial

• eiliestleiliestl Posts: 100
    edited December 1969

How can I stop this from happening ? I'm using the dynamic control basic in Daz3d ver 118 and this keeps happening .

Mess.jpg
    950 x 712 - 235K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

What clothing item and what figure? What are your draping parameters?

• SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited March 2014

eiliestl said:
    How can I stop this from happening ? I'm using the dynamic control basic in Daz3d ver 118 and this keeps happening .

I'm not the creator of that item but I've seen something similar happen lately with other items. Did you try clearing the simulation and starting again? Can you try deleting it from the scene and bringing a new item from the library. That has gotten rid of the problem a couple times for me. Editing the collide with list also helps.

Post edited by SimonWM on
  • eiliestleiliestl Posts: 100
    edited December 1969

What clothing item and what figure? What are your draping parameters?

V4 with the Scoopback Bandeau Top.I didn't change anything in the parameters.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I have the full Dynamic Control plug-in and I just test Scoopback Bandeau on Genesis with V4 shape dialled in and it works perfectly.

Have you tried want Simon said above?

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

One other possibility: were there any errors (but nothing seemed to be wrong until you tried to drape) when you loaded the shirt? One of the drawbacks of D|S4.5+ going to a completely different file format with .duf is that it's no longer completely compatible with the older .daz scene files. And yes, that includes bought content from the DAZ store only available as native D|S scenes, as well as old scenes saved by us in D|S3.

I haven't yet had my dynamic cloth scenes misbehave exactly like this, but the problem is definitely quite a bit random. This incompatibility is about #2 or #3 on my list of reasons to prefer doing dynamics in D|S3 over D|S4.

edited December 1969

Sometimes, for whatever reason, an article of clothing I have fit to or parented to a figure, that needs to not only drape around the figure, but an item in the scene, as well, like in this case, a coffin, upon drap, it goes right through the figure, like it's not even there. Why, and how can I prevent it from happening?

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Remember, fit-to or parenting means nothing to dynamic cloth — the important thing is checking the Collide With list on the Dynamic Clothing tab. I've noticed this sometimes gets reset if you're loading a scene that already has dynamic cloth in it, so if you get unexpected fall-through that didn't happen before, check the Collide With.

edited December 1969

Remember, fit-to or parenting means nothing to dynamic cloth — the important thing is checking the Collide With list on the Dynamic Clothing tab. I've noticed this sometimes gets reset if you're loading a scene that already has dynamic cloth in it, so if you get unexpected fall-through that didn't happen before, check the Collide With.

I know all of that. It's a fresh scene, no other clothes in the scene, only has to respond to the figure and the coffin.

It sometimes happens when trying to react with the ground or a piece of furniture, too. While at other times, it works as expected.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Do the items have sufficient mesh density for collisions?

edited December 1969

Do the items have sufficient mesh density for collisions?

The fabric is recognizing the coffin v4 is in, but not v4. If I don't have it react to the coffin, it recognizes her.

edited December 1969

Out of frustration, I tried a different cloth. Same problem. It's ignoring Victoria and reacting to the coffin and ground. Ideas ... please?

edited December 1969

Anyone have a trick for keeping the collar from merging with the shoulder on the m4 polo shirt?

edited December 1969

Still hoping someone knows how to control the collar on the M4 polo.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited March 2014

Have you tried adding Collision helpers? They need to be placed just right and to follow the Figure as it poses. I often just parent the helpers to the figure and run a Animated pose and KeyFrame the helpers as needed to follow the pose properly. Then I add the Dynamic at frame zero and set it to collide to the helpers as well as all other needed. The Helpers can be any primitive that works, just set them in Parameters>Display>Visable in Render OFF at frame zero.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

I figured it out by accident, right before I read your suggestion. I selected just the collar and upped the thickness and lowered the weight.

Took a few tests, but it worked.

Thanks, though.

edited December 1969

I haven't seen anyone post to the dynamics thread in a long time so thought I might. I would really like to see more renders using daz dynamics. I see rants every once in a while, but little.

My latest cover using daz dynamics, and a recent render challenge entry:

Lady_of_Shalott_1_-_signed_--_web.jpg
    2000 x 1572 - 415K
    BTFF_-_WWII_cover_--_for_web.jpg
    720 x 1080 - 250K
    Behind_the_Forgotten_Front_-_final_art_signed_-_for_web.jpg
    2000 x 1572 - 1M
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084
    edited December 1969

I haven't seen much new released, not even on Martin's site. And I've read that there are problems with some of the older things not working in the newest version of the control. Is it true? I have a couple of things in my wishlist but I am uncertain whether to buy them. They are on sale right now at an incredibly low price.

Dana

edited December 1969

I haven't seen anyone post to the dynamics thread in a long time so thought I might. I would really like to see more renders using daz dynamics. I see rants every once in a while, but little.

My latest cover using daz dynamics, and a recent render challenge entry:

Nice work, by the way!

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    I haven't seen much new released, not even on Martin's site. And I've read that there are problems with some of the older things not working in the newest version of the control. Is it true? I have a couple of things in my wishlist but I am uncertain whether to buy them. They are on sale right now at an incredibly low price.

Dana

Thank you :D

Since I don't use genesis, I use both new and old dynamic on gen 4 figures. I have the occasional problem, but it's nothing a reinstall doesn't fix.

However, I was rather ticked off, and loudly, that I was basically forced to adopt DS4.6 just to reinstall and use my DCC plugin. They no longer have my DS3 download in my product list. My think was that that's what I paid for, that that is what should still be available in my product library, but they did not see things my way... lol.

So yes, as long as you are working in DS4+, old, new, and free products should still work fine. :D SO buy 'em while they're hot :D

And share those renders!

If more people show off their versatility, more people will buy them, and the vendors will make more stuff :D So show 'em off!

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

Since I don't use genesis, I use both new and old dynamic on gen 4 figures. I have the occasional problem, but it's nothing a reinstall doesn't fix.

However, I was rather ticked off, and loudly, that I was basically forced to adopt DS4.6 just to reinstall and use my DCC plugin. They no longer have my DS3 download in my product list. My think was that that's what I paid for, that that is what should still be available in my product library, but they did not see things my way... lol.

So yes, as long as you are working in DS4+, old, new, and free products should still work fine. :D SO buy 'em while they're hot :D

And share those renders!

If more people show off their versatility, more people will buy them, and the vendors will make more stuff :D So show 'em off!

Thanks for the info! I don't get to play much, really. I did a render for Christmas cards for family this past year, and that's about it for a while. Busy trying to get my website fully functional, and struggling with real life and such.

Dana

edited December 1969

Although I do this for a living, being a single mom to a 13 yo helps me to empathise. I don't get much time to do renders that are just for fun. They are all fun, but commissions are not the same as doing personal work.

Make sense?

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

And share those renders!

If you need a download link to the older version for DS3, submit a ticket with all of your original purchase information. The files are still on the servers. Since the DCC has multiple versions, CS told me they only put up the last two, sometimes three versions. The link will generally show up in the response for the ticket. I have back ups of older versions of plugins and even old beta versions of DS in my archives.

edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

And share those renders!

If you need a download link to the older version for DS3, submit a ticket with all of your original purchase information. The files are still on the servers. Since the DCC has multiple versions, CS told me they only put up the last two, sometimes three versions. The link will generally show up in the response for the ticket. I have back ups of older versions of plugins and even old beta versions of DS in my archives.

At the time, I went back and forth repeatedly with Daz. It got me nowhere. Now it doesn't really matter because I was forced into learning the DS4 platform just so I wouldn't have to return thousands of dollars back to my clients because I couldn't drape.

The only reason I brought it up is I didn't know which DS version Dana was using and asking about. I didn't want to give her bad info.

I just wish there were more dynamics for Daz. I use them on almost every book cover and have had to get pretty creative with shaders, creating my own textures, and making my own transmaps to make the same bunch of outfits look like I have more than I do ... lol.

edited December 1969

The only reason I brought it up is I didn't know which DS version Dana was using and asking about.

I use DS 4.6, although I think there is an update that I haven't gotten yet.

I didn't want to give her bad info.

Him!

Dana

edited December 1969

I apologize, Dana. I assumed you were female because of your name.

edited December 1969

I apologize, Dana. I assumed you were female because of your name.

My mom liked Dana Andrews. There's also Dana Carvey.

Dana